Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:46 pm

Time to look at all my grand plans for levels and question what sort of reason there was for my idiocy. For example, why did I have a feature listed in my planned edges? Why am I planning to spend features on things that I'll probably never use? We'll never know!
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:23 pm

Btw, I have a sneaking suspicion regarding the cube Alex picked up. Can Koa feel anything through his Rock connection, coming from the cube?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:16 am

Nope.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:42 am

It is a glitched artifact isn’t it?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:16 am

If I'm guessing what glitched artifacts are, I think not, since the one before latched onto Alex's aura, was only visible through aura, and was clearly magical. Though that thing erased Alex's memory of it existing, so if this is similar to that then IC we're still at square one.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:54 am

...Hey maybe the thing that can erase memories be slotted into it?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:37 am

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:16 amNope.
I still think it's what I think it is, but I'll hold off on saying anything more for now :shifty:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:31 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:37 am
I still think it's what I think it is, but I'll hold off on saying anything more for now :shifty:
...Do you think it’s a core?? One side is green...maybe grass? Is there a grass connection for haley?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:56 am

The Lost wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:31 am
SuperVaderMan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:37 am
...Do you think it’s a core?? One side is green...maybe grass? Is there a grass connection for haley?
Nope.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:18 pm

Alright, I'll spill what's on my mind. Spoilers, because some of this speculation pertains to Mort's void game.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 pm

I'm always tossing up in these matters whether I should be silent and let things be figured out by themselves, or speak up and risk spoiling stuff. Though in this case, I think I mostly did a horrible job at describing what I was actually trying to get at, in that the item just has an odd shape. Like this picture:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... hedron.jpg

With the edges being green, the sides black - And one side with the slot.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:34 pm

That's very much appreciated, Mort. I can only speculate with what I'm given, and I would've had no idea that's what you were going for without the visual :lol:

So! Ignore all that. I have no idea what's up with this weird dice-thing (that apparently isn't even cube-shaped? idk).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Yeah I was trying to describe it without visuals, but, I don't think it came out as well as I had hoped. XD

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:03 pm

! It is zygard core! Zygard’s good boi form and 50%, and 100% are more black than green.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Oh, so it is. And that's where the 'cube' part comes in, even though it's clearly not a cube :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:58 pm

Alex has experience with Aura Vampire adjacent things. First sign of Marshadow it was a kind of formless thing that was clearly dying, and since it was only visible through aura sight he decided to try feeding his to it. Since this one's not showing signs of being alive he won't be thinking of that again, though he may try sticking his hand inside the slot when there's less happening with Matthias.
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:38 pm

I think we need tp gove it other zygard things to make it grow andbasically train it to be a good boi and help protect the world instead of destroying the world.

This makes a bit of sence, as it will grow with more cells and cores. That and it would be cool to train a god and work with it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:29 pm

Except in character we don't have any clue what Zygarde is.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:55 am

Ooh, question for Mort (which I totally meant to ask earlier but forgot) - did Izzy recognise the Madness effect that the dark portal was creating during the fight earlier as being the same/similar to the Madness created by the Shadow Pokemon attacks?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:05 am

Dusk9 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:55 am Ooh, question for Mort (which I totally meant to ask earlier but forgot) - did Izzy recognise the Madness effect that the dark portal was creating during the fight earlier as being the same/similar to the Madness created by the Shadow Pokemon attacks?
Hmm... Could you give me an intuition or arcane edu check?

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:19 am

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:25 am

There's definitely enough for Izzy to conclude there's similarities - Though in all the chaos, she's not exactly sure if it was the same as the shadow pokemon, or only similar.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:48 am

Also guys, because I can't recall - Did you guys get (pokemon) exp for the battles at the university / power substation already, or not?

And also, given how it seems we'll be putting everyone up to the same trainer level... Should we try and find a way to share Pokemon exp, too?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:35 am

Uuuuh, my terrible memory recalls nothing about experience from that.

As for pokemon exp, it would be notably more difficult to balance that (considering trainer levels its just a matter of setting everyone to whatever the highest level is).

When it comes to pokemon it's been a personal choice of how to distribute it and such, so the only way to preserve that would be to look at everyone's *total* pokEXP and then work out how much each individual player gains. But then there's the matter of how many pokemon each person actually has, and how much the intend to change their team around, etc. If someone only had six pokemon, but it was their perfect six, it would LOOK like they had less total pokEXP than someone who caught a bunch, because the captured pokemon would have the relevant amount to bring them to the level of capture. But if that person actually switches their team around and plans ahead, they'd still be needing to spread out any balancing factor while the person with just six could load it all onto those six, pushing their levels significantly higher.

The more mechanically fair option would be balancing the exp of every owned pokemon, but then it would mess with the consideration of distributing exp. Which... Admittedly wouldn't be all bad for some situations, like say you've got one weak pokemon, but you can only give exp to pokemon that actually participate in a fight, so you have to spend some time in each fight just not being that effective.

Either way, it would probably be a fair bit of work to actually work out how to balance the pokEXP in the first place.
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:15 am

We did not get expfrom the ghost, nor captures. Don’t remember the other thing...

Maybe instead of trying to calculate it, just give us an approximate number and guessitimate it?

As for pokeExp, maybe we can choose 3-4 pokemon to be a certian level? That way, those that change thier team a lot can have a few set pokemon as part of thier main team, and the ones that are not switching teams out would be able to have stronger mons if above that level, or level up the weaker ones.