The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:06 pm

I should be a high level wizard next game I play.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Since we've been kind of stalled level progression wise, I'm planning you guys leveling to 5 and 6 fairly quickly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:27 pm

That should get interesting. All of Randy's fun stuff starts showing up at 5th.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:48 pm

Great, for all the trouble he caused a burnt up basement and safe is a good payback.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:03 pm

Sorry to leave things in the lurch, but today was one of my teaching days, been at it since 7:30. Gonna hit The gym since I'm not completely knackered, and will get an update posted tonight!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:37 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:04 am
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:50 am

It would be nice to use that Mass Suggestion to get all the bad guys to turn themselves in and confess their crimes but I think the plan has changed to vamoosing, right?

Randy and Tess are waiting at the temple for us and we are all going to get the heck out of this side quest and back into the main one.

Or?

Either way we ruined Pemberton's day, hopefully more than that even.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:00 am

Yeah the plan kind of went south quick. On the good side, no one got killed/hurt!

(Yet. The fire might.)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:38 am

Guessing that D12 I rolled as we kicked it off determined where he was at in the building. Turns out he wasn't in his office of the basement. Still went went better than it could have.

It they run into the basement to try and save the items that is their own deal, not sure we can take the blame for their greed. Also a burning house makes for a great diversion!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:41 am

Captain Anders:

Captain Anders: What the fuck did those guys do?!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:12 am

::Tears::

We did our best!

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:24 am

Debating whether it'd be a good idea to leave a cagey note for Anders or not. Maybe...not. There'll be questions aplenty about who, what, and why. With so many items looted/destroyed, it'll be hard for them to figure out exactly what happened, who did it, and what were their goals. Or did they even make it out? Was the explosion caused by a spell or by someone goofing with magic items and triggering it? Anyway, can't imagine Pembleton or Mr. Gibbs are going to be in high favor after this kind of cock up. Pembleton just might go to Anders looking for protection from his empolyers, provided that he makes it that far. I'm kinda thinking that if he's in an organization a little like Spectre from the Bond movies, his career options are looking poor. >:D

Edit: And I also just realized that I probably just gave Spider a new potential plot line that includes recurring baddies. :roll: We may be seeing Mr. Gibbs ( ie "Jaws") again.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:09 am

Too bad the cleaning lady saw us. She could easily give enough information about us for them and the city watch to put who did it together.

They may have the who, but unless Pemberton et al. come clean the what and why will be harder to determine.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:00 am

And we left poor Anders, who knows why, in the lurch. Although, to be fair, Randy DID warn him to get out of town, and gave him the warning that we'd either succeed by sun down or not. So Anders is going to have to make up his mind about the whole thing.
This whole deal does make it pretty obvious that we're going to need someone with thieves skills, so after level 5, Randy is going to "expand his options". But I definitely want the planeswalker class skills at level 5. It opens up some interesting options.
Last edited by Lurks_In_Shadows on Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:04 am

Well...he isn't connected to us beyond the fighting in the sewer really. Hopefully it won't come back to him. My bet is most of the storm is going to fall on Pemberton for not better protecting his goods, and maybe the captain of the guard for not acting sooner to stop us/get us out of town.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:53 am

Rodgeir wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:50 am Randy and Tess are waiting at the temple for us and we are all going to get the heck out of this side quest and back into the main one.
They are actually just up the street. No need to go back to the temple, Kreldoran still has a high enough slot to cast teleport directly. With the chaos and explosion down below, and Zokk providing stealth cover, none of them noticed you leaving the property, though one was VERY close to spotting Randy on a Perception check. Had they given chase, as long as you got to Tess and Holger, you could have turned into an alley and vanished. Now Pembleton will be even more confused!
Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:24 am Debating whether it'd be a good idea to leave a cagey note for Anders or not. Maybe...not. There'll be questions aplenty about who, what, and why. With so many items looted/destroyed, it'll be hard for them to figure out exactly what happened, who did it, and what were their goals. Or did they even make it out? Was the explosion caused by a spell or by someone goofing with magic items and triggering it?
Your call. You (so far) stuck to the not killing anyone so at least he doesn't need to deal with that fallout, but he'd be left wondering if you all made it out safely.
Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:24 am Anyway, can't imagine Pembleton or Mr. Gibbs are going to be in high favor after this kind of cock up. Pembleton just might go to Anders looking for protection from his empolyers, provided that he makes it that far. I'm kinda thinking that if he's in an organization a little like Spectre from the Bond movies, his career options are looking poor. >:D

Edit: And I also just realized that I probably just gave Spider a new potential plot line that includes recurring baddies. :roll: We may be seeing Mr. Gibbs ( ie "Jaws") again.
:paranoia: o:)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:21 am

I do like how we all so preciously planned all this stuff out... And then the moment the actual execution happens, everything immediately goes to shit. :lol:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:24 am

To be fair that was Spider's fault. Our plans were great.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:06 pm

It didn't go how I expected it to either! I hadn't even thought about dooring to the basement, I was expecting that there'd be a fight in the foyer as soon as you stepped out of the study, he'd rounded up his guys after sending the housekeeper in! They had crossbows trained on his study door, but you never opened it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:12 pm

And then BOOM! Good times.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm

That was a good call. That's one of the things I love about games like this. No matter how much you plan and plot and scheme, all it takes is someone thinking out of the box to turn the course of the game on it's head! :lol:
Unconventional use of spells and materials was something we used to do in AD&D all the time. Of course, the rules were more like guidelines than actual rules back then. They've tightened it up a bit since. :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:43 pm

About contacting Anders, can we have a wizard messaging him with Sending? Like maybe Kreldoran?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:10 pm

Kreldoran would be willing, but he never met Anders.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:19 pm

Just looked back, this has been a year and nine months and nearly two hundred page shortcut through the desert!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:44 pm

Yeah.... but it was hopefully more interesting than weeks in game describing desert travel??
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler