Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 23, 2020 2:47 pm

"Yes. Exactly. Go and find whichever captain is in charge of...horses and get them to write you up something official. Then you and... Charlie can walk off."

((Assuming Kroshav doesn't make a run for it.))

Kroshav finds Lurn, Celus waiting at the tent as he arrives. Lurn appears to have a hot lead... Tarneth walks up shortly after.
-
Indra finishes her round and slumps next to Jaq.

"Still not here? Great. Glad we paid in advance for dinner."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat May 23, 2020 6:30 pm

"Kroshav, there you are! I think we found Charlie, now you just need to double check it's him, and then we go find whoever's in charge and negotiate his return."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 24, 2020 6:46 am

”....Errrrr thanks? So howmuch fer tha scroll, ink, n a pearl?”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 24, 2020 7:25 am

"I stopped by the one you were at, just missed you guys, but that was Charlie all right! They did say I needed a Captain to sign off on it though."

Kroshav is looking to find said captain.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun May 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Tarneth slaps Kroshav on the back,

"That's great! Let's see who is in charge of that."

He turns and heads back to the logistics tent. A few quick questions lands you in front of a harried looking half-elf sitting at a small desk littered with scraps of paper in stacks, with more being dropped off as the four of you watch.

The man, ink stains on his cheeks and forehead, rubs his eyebrows, smearing more ink as he sees you want to talk. With a less than vigorous voice he asks,

"Yes? What? More things for the Balyons? I already signed off on," he begins rummaging through some papers on his desk before giving up and saying lamely, "the things."
---
The gnome's eyes get a twinkle of greed,

"Oh, let's say... hmm. Five hundred gold, or equivalent."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 24, 2020 3:44 pm

"No, this is a different... thing. I left Charlie with Farmer Tom, but he got conscripted before I got back, so now I need a Captain to sign off on releasing him back to me."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 24, 2020 10:03 pm

"Kroshav... This man isn't going to know who Charlie is... It's his horse, our paladin here wants to negotiate his horse's return."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 25, 2020 3:50 am

The man starts to respond to Kroshav, clearly not having any idea what is being discussed,

"Was Charlie a minor? He shouldn't have been conscripted if he was, but either way you wouldn't be able to get information here you'd need-" He stops explaining as he listens to Lurn and gives Kroshav an assessing look and instead addresses Lurn and Tarneth, "A horse? Well that would maybe be here. A horse was purchased by the Duchy and you want it back?"

Tarneth nods and the man continues,

"The need for horses has dropped off now and I can authorize the sell of a horse. Which corral and what it age? Distinguishing markings?" He reaches under his table and pulls up a ledger and starts flipping through it, finding the right page he turns around and grabs a smaller ledger and begins flipping through it, finding the page he wants he looks expectantly at Lurn and Tarneth. Tarneth looks to Lurn and Kroshav and clears his throat.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 25, 2020 6:43 am

"Oh, yes, Charlie is a horse. What corral was that Lurn? Five? He's young-ish. Bay with white feet and top of his muzzle, black mane and tail...?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 25, 2020 6:45 am

"Age?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 25, 2020 6:53 am

"Uh... not real old, but not a colt."

He looks to Sir Tarneth for input.

((I'm assuming that Charlie was either purchased or gifted by his order when he left to travel prior to being raised to paladin.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 25, 2020 7:05 am

((I assumed he was a gift, though not from Tarneth but it seems like Tarneth would likely be the giver.))

Tarneth steps in and says,

"The horse is around 8 or so. He was older than five when I got him for you but didn't have a groove yet."

The man seems to know what Tarneth is taking about and starts writing up a slip,

"Okay, that will be..." He checks the smaller ledger, "68 gold, 8 silver and... 2 copper."

Tarneth looks back to Kroshav.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 25, 2020 7:20 am

"That's how much was he purchased for?", Kroshav asks while getting out his pouch.

Insight: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 25, 2020 7:53 am

"If the age given was correct, 68 gold, 8 silver and 2 copper."

The man lays the small ledger out for Kroshav to see and taps at a spot on the page. The part in question appears to be some sort of foreign language or a spell comprised of familar letters, tilting bars, dots, stars and an equals sign. To the right of it there is the words "Total Assessed Value of Livestock". There is another spell on the page called, "Total Assessed Value of Non-Specialized Animals (See Section J.9-6 through J.9-8)".

The man goes back to writing up his paper while Kroshav squints at the gibberish. The guy, a captain (?), doesn't seem like he is trying to trick anyone but the spell, or whatever, in another language isn't helpful.

Tarneth and Celus squint at the book as well. Celus shakes his head slowly.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 25, 2020 8:31 am

((Do I have a value on those five fair sized gems?))

"Do you take Duchy vouchers, or do I need to redeem that somewhere first?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 25, 2020 9:13 am

((If they don't take vouchers, Lurn will just hand Kroshav five platinum and ten gold.

Seriously why is Lurn so rich? He's not a materialistic person by any means, he'll literally throw away handfuls of platinum out of generosity, so how the heck does he have like twice the coin Kroshav has?))
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 25, 2020 9:31 am

((Searching the thread, looks like you guys found a pouch with 20 platinum and 20 gold before Kroshav joined the group.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 25, 2020 9:34 am

((Right, forgot he wasn't always with us. XD))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 pm

(("Found"))

"Vouchers?" He looks tired, "Yes, fine. Vouchers are fine. How much in vouchers and how much in gold?" He crumples up whatever he was writing and tosses it on the floor and starts writing again.

((Figure out how much in vouchers and gold you'll be handing over to pay and mark it off on your sheets.))

After getting the payment sorted the captain signs the document and stamps it before handing it to Kroshav and saying,

"Congratulations. You are the owner of an 8 year old bay with a black mane and white fetlocks. Have nice evening."

He shakes his head, makes a mark on the ledger and yells,

"Days over, everyone wrap it up."

Before slumping back in his chair.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 25, 2020 2:06 pm

((Kroshav hands over a single gem that must be worth at least 500 gold and waits patiently for his change.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 26, 2020 12:58 am

((The man looks at the gem and exclaims 'Tis but glass!".

Missed your question in all the talk of money. I try to put the price next to things when I hand them out but must have missed those. They'd be 25 gold per gem. Too bad they are all glass now :D.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 26, 2020 5:33 am

Kroshav slowly and carefully counts out an equivalent to 68 gold, 8 silver, and 2 copper.

((Voucher (10 g 5 s) + 52 copper + 2 smaller gems (10 gold each) + 7 gold + 2 platinum + 108 silver))
((10.5 + .52 + 20 + 7 + 20 +10.8 = 68.82))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 26, 2020 5:44 am

The man watches Kroshav empty his pockets and start sliding money. He takes the voucher and writes something across the bottom, punches a hole in its seal and puts it in a stack. The money and gems are put in a box, which requires him to write something else down, before locking the box.

He stands from his chair and carries the money box over to a larger chest, flanked by four surprisingly alert guards, and puts the box in it saying as he walks, "Best get your horse before you can't tell which one it is in the dark."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 26, 2020 7:02 am

"He'd still know it was me, not many others that look like me around, but thanks!"

"You guys don't have to come with me... were we supposed to meet up with the others?", he remarks to Lurn and Celus.

Unless they or Sir Tarneth are accompanying him to get Charlie, he's going to sprint to the corral he left Charlie at.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 am

Tarneth waves Kroshav off and reminds,

"Remember to come by my tent and pick up your new saddle and lance. I have things left to prepare before tomorrow."

Celus looks towards town and says,

"I could go for some food? Did we say where we were gonna meet the rest of them?

Kroshav dashes off, out of the tent to the corral. The guards, same as before, watch Kroshav springing and clanking forward warily and call as he approaches,

"You have the paper from the captain right? No paper, no horse."