Hole in the Roll Bar (Introduction to your favorite Role

The Hyper Halfling's RPG Club is a hangout for adventurers waiting for their next game, and DMs (Deity-Managers, if you like) in the midst of building worlds. We like lists, here. Also maps. Also stories of characters, games, adventures, epic saves, and death-defying (or not) acts of bravery and foolishness. All are welcome. Please wipe your feet on the mat, grab a drink and a snack, and get comfy.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Hole in the Roll Bar (Introduction to your favorite Role

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Dain sputters into his beer. "Duel?! You think I would agree to a duel? " He quietly laughs. "I'm a wizard and a necromancer to boot, dear Quarg. My clan disowned me long before I started down the dark path. Warriors only! Pah!" He gives Quarg a glare. "There's very little I hold in honor anymore. I lie, cheat, steal, and backstab when it suits me. If I get in a fair fight, it means I goofed." He takes a deep swig. "Your good fortune that I still take guesting customs seriously. My one 'flaw' I suppose. I'll not start anything in your place and I'm willing to call it even with your cook since she started it. If she tries to pursue it further, I have no compunctions about stacking the odds in my favor. I didn't get to be my age by being stupid! "

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:58 am

Fen frowns at the lack of birds to eat,

"Fine. Lamb, but I don't it to taste like I am chewing on wool pants. That doable?"

He takes the cider and drinks from the bottle but is interested in the inside of the mug but wrinkles his noise at the haddock and moves away from the fish and, consequently, Krozk.

His interest is drawn to the discussion happening between the Quarg and the dwarf. He inspects the dwarf a long time before shaking his head and going back to his mug and its magical effect.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:07 pm

"There's very little I hold in honor anymore. I lie, cheat, steal, and backstab when it suits me. If I get in a fair fight, it means I goofed." He takes a deep swig. "Your good fortune that I still take guesting customs seriously. My one 'flaw' I suppose. I'll not start anything in your place and I'm willing to call it even with your cook since she started it. If she tries to pursue it further, I have no compunctions about stacking the odds in my favor. I didn't get to be my age by being stupid! "

"Sounds like a lot of those who come to these parts." Quarg says quietly, "Of course someone who's got a history of cheating, stealing, and backstabbing when it suits tends to find himself not wanting the eyes of those on the lawful side wanting too close look...especially if they happen to have some unhappy 'lawful' folks looking for them elsewhere."

Quarg then stops and says, "Also tend to be the people who like having friends who can make those eyes look elsewhere..."

"Fine. Lamb, but I don't it to taste like I am chewing on wool pants. That doable?"

Quarg chuckles, "They might serve the bird with it's feathers...they are not going to sell you the lamb's wool with the meat, not unless they want to be on the menu..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:18 am

"So that's a yes or what?"

He rummages in a bag and pulls out a few sheets of paper, he taps on them to bring the Quarg's attention.

"Any of these people come through here?"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am

"So that's a yes or what?"

"One order of lamb chops on order..." Quarg answers. He chuckles slightly and then watches as other customers wander in.

-----------------

"Any of these people come through here?"

Quarg raises an eyebrow at the pieces of paper. "So are you a detective or a bounty hunter?" He asks without looking at any of them.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:11 pm

"Whoooo-wheeee!", Krozk exclaims after getting a snoot full of wasabi concentrate.

He has a gulp of tomato juice, and runs his hands together, then crunches into the charred haddock.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:54 am

"Whoooo-wheeee!", Krozk exclaims after getting a snoot full of wasabi concentrate.

Quarg seems to nod, "I thought you'd like that..."

Krozk has a gulp of tomato juice, and runs his hands together, then crunches into the charred haddock.
Another plate appears this one with Haddock Scampi...Haddock brazed in a dish of melted butter...

Quarg asks as he puts out the plate. "How do you like the tomato juice?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:24 am

"Sounds like a lot of those who come to these parts." Quarg says quietly, "Of course someone who's got a history of cheating, stealing, and backstabbing when it suits tends to find himself not wanting the eyes of those on the lawful side wanting too close look...especially if they happen to have some unhappy 'lawful' folks looking for them elsewhere."

Quarg then stops and says, "Also tend to be the people who like having friends who can make those eyes look elsewhere..."

Dain glowers at Quarg for a minute, then smirks and raises his tankard in salute. "To your health, barkeep."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:12 am

"Very... ah... tomato-y."

Krozk dives into the buttery haddock with gusto.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:50 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:24 am
Dain glowers at Quarg for a minute, then smirks and raises his tankard in salute. "To your health, barkeep."
Quarg doesn't seem to care about the glower and moves on. A few moments later he wanders back with a large bowl of stew and warm thick bread. He puts it down and states quietly indicating with his eyes, "Got a half-elf asking questions...you need some not answered?"

He wanders away again asking giant gator..."Hey...are you from Louisiana or someplace like it?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:21 am

Dain chuckles. "That would be ironic if someone did put a bounty on me. Last time it was ME looking for a bounty! Collected it, too!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:43 am

Krozk scratches his head.

"Loo-sana? Nah, I'm from Saurthril, had a home in the swamp north of the capital."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:35 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:21 am Dain chuckles. "That would be ironic if someone did put a bounty on me. Last time it was ME looking for a bounty! Collected it, too!"
"Ah...well then your not looking for any bounties here are you?" Quarg asks.

Krozk scratches his head.

"Loo-sana? Nah, I'm from Saurthril, had a home in the swamp north of the capital."
"Oh well, I got some drink here from a customer, a former customer, from those parts...he pestered me to order the stuff but then upped and got killed so I've got liters of the stuff that no one seems to want...just seeing if you'd like it."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:41 am

"From Saurthril? Oh, you mean Loosana. What's it like?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:57 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:41 am "From Saurthril? Oh, you mean Loosana. What's it like?"
"Er...wasn't to my particular taste...But I can get you some if you'd like to try it..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:01 pm

"Sure, I'll take a nip and see if I like it."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:50 am

Quarg wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am
Quarg raises an eyebrow at the pieces of paper. "So are you a detective or a bounty hunter?" He asks without looking at any of them.
"The second one. Honest work, good for the soul." He taps the pictures he brought out, "Anyone familiar? To any of you? I will buy you a drink or two if you got something I can use."

Fen looks at Dain,

"If someone did put a bounty on you it hasn't come to my attention."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:51 am

Krozk peers at the painting. It's very life-like.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 am

Rodgeir wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:50 am
Quarg wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am
"The second one. Honest work, good for the soul." He taps the pictures he brought out, "Anyone familiar? To any of you? I will buy you a drink or two if you got something I can use."

Fen looks at Dain,

"If someone did put a bounty on you it hasn't come to my attention."
Quarg sniffs..."I prefer working with detectives, they usually just want information not to haul people off back for some revenge of a indifferent hegemony. If you want information you need to deal with the Colonel, and she's outside at the moment..."

Finally there is a 'bing' and a container appears with the label "Milo's Sweet Tea" he pulls it from the lift and pours out a glass. "I am told this was the standard drink in Louisiana...but don't like it myslf..." He places it before Krozk.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 am

Dain gives Quarg a level look.
"What is this 'detective' you speak of? Some kind of knight or guardsman?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:15 am

"Hoooo-eeeee! That's pretty good! Like it over the 'mater juice.", Krozk licks his teeth.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:11 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:15 am "Hoooo-eeeee! That's pretty good! Like it over the 'mater juice.", Krozk licks his teeth.
Quarg just takes the gallon jug and puts in infront of him..."Enjoy...first gallon on the house..."

Dain gives Quarg a level look.
"What is this 'detective' you speak of? Some kind of knight or guardsman?"

"Knight? You mean like back home in the museum? Guys wearing fancy heavy armor with lances and such? Or like the Knights who show up around here somtimes, people in military gear with a decidedly 'don't piss with me attitude?' and enough 'freinds' to make someone really dead if they do..."

Quarg shakes his head in memory, "Yeah sort of had to make the dueling policy because of a misunderstanding about those knightood things...had one customer, like you from far away, get really annoyed having someone else be called 'Sir' that they didn't like the look of...and well things escalated "
Quarg Chuckles, "poor bastard, didn't realize they use two swords..."
"But nah, detectives are folks that get hired by people with money to go find things out or search for items...either because they don't think the law can...or don't want the law to know...more like a seeker and broker of information."

Quarg stops for a moment and indicates if Dain wants a refill.

"Er though thinking about it...some of the militia who come around here...they are sort of the law in neighbooring areas...they do have detectives...same job but they do it for their 'Sword'...who has a hell of a lot of money...I suppose they could be a knight but haven't met one who is..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Dain grumbles into his drink about busy body snitches.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:27 pm

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:29 pm Dain grumbles into his drink about busy body snitches.
((OOC: I'm sort of stuck on this to move forward actually :wall: ))

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Dain looks over at Fen. "Well, if it tain't me, let's see who you're looking for, laddy. I'll tell you if I've seen 'em or not."