The Lost Mines of Phandelver OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: The Lost Mines of Phandelver OOC

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:02 am

I'm not sure if Calrick is happy to be called a queen, you should be a bit more cautious throwing such labels around.... ;) :lol: o:)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:39 am

SamWiser wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:03 pm
► Show Spoiler
Congratulations Sam!

Also, on an unrelated note: on Wednesday 30th October I will be leaving for a whole 2 week trip abroad. I am likely to have internet access there, but I will be quite busy, so please don't wait for me to post with updates. Either vote on Saca's actions or have her go on autopilot, if you don't hear from me on time. :)
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:12 am

Congratulations Sam! That's awesome news :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:30 am

I could have sworn I wrote a congrats to you as well Sam but looking back I see I didn't, belated congratulations!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:44 am

Rodgeir wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:47 am ((Glad the A Team is on goblin elimination :P. We'll get them with the next shots. Whats the worst that can happen? :roll: ))
[BBvideo]https://youtu.be/0MZlJRzISc8[/BBvideo]
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:00 am

thinkslogically wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:20 am Kryz doesn't look like he likes the idea of everyone splitting up, but does as he's told and stays with Cal for now, keeping his eyes and ears peeled for danger.
A dragonborn has ears? I kind of pictured them with ear-holes only, like doves or lizards. :lol:

Or with "skin flaps between structural bones", perhaps. Like this one, maybe.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:56 pm

Of course, from a dragonborn's perspective, that's what a normal ear should look like. All these gross mammals with their fleshy cartilage lumps are all a bit unsightly...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:19 am

Well, I didn't know if these were, in fact, ears or something else. Could be some armouring for when they fight, or something that is necessary for them to be able to breathe fire/lightning (iirc, they have different kinds of options), or something to help steer or with the aerodynamics when they fly or any number of other things I wouldn't know about.

And well, not all mammals have the kind of ears you're describing, either. Whales and dolphins as an extreme example, but also all kinds of animals with fur and/or animals who can willing turn their ears, etc. have ears that look (and in some cases even work) different than those of humanoids. :)

In any case, I'm waiting on TL to clarify which (if any) ears Kryz has. :) But thanks for your input.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:12 pm

...it was honestly just a casual turn of phrase, and I hadn't given any thought to Kryz's anatomy really :lol: I guess I imagine he's got ear holes, and any ornamentation (frills / horns) is relatively small because he's still young (human equivalent of a 17-18 year old), and has a skinny build.

Also, I couldn't find a picture I liked to represent him, but I did find that if you search for blue dragonborn sailor or bars, you get a surprising number of kilted dragonborn showing up. It's quite weird.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:39 am

If there overlook is hard to get to, might not be a bad place for someone magical to camp if/when we storm the main room and fire on them from above.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:44 am

Aimee would be up for that! You just have to haul her un-athletic butt up there.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:52 am

Does anyone have feather fall? That would be quite useful to mitigate any unlucky climbing attempts repercussions...
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:48 am

Not one I have yet.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 am

Since things have gone static, someone just shoot me an email if this goes active again.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 am Since things have gone static, someone just shoot me an email if this goes active again.
Yeah, sorry about that. I think, with how hard it's been for me to have consistent updates, I should put this game on hold until I figure out some time management skills (probably one of the most important skills for a DM to have). This isn't a long adventure, but at the rate I'm moving through it, it would take a decade. That's not fair to any of you.

I'm hoping I can pick this up again in the next few months, but I'm going to try and wait till I know I'm in a better place to actually do it right with some regularity. I'll work on it in my off time myself, but any advice you guys can give me on being a better DM from the short time this game has been going on, I'll gladly listen to.

Thank you...
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett