Threads of reality - OOC thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Threads of reality - OOC thread

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:37 pm

In case it wasn't clear, the main "offerings" on what need to happen are these (which I was originally going to be a bit more clear about, but as I said, slightly rushed update)

a: Go to the royal mansion (where the prince should reside)
b: Go to Tyrone's house.
c: Split up and check out both houses.
d: Just go to the library, find out what information they have, and gtfo.
e: Hire the daylight crew to help investigate and find Tyrone
f: Whatever else you might think off.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:38 am

Dusk, I'm going to need to know who you'll be joining (if you are joining anyone) and I'll need votes on who Drown will be joining.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Drowns and Studies going to the palace and Hears and Born going to Tyrone's house makes the most sense to me. I know Hears has charmspeak, but Drowns is better at straightforward situations than stealthy ones.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Also just to clarify, you guys are currently in the palace- The "royal mansion" is apparently a separate estate also owned by the royal family. (Of which currently isn't too clear what belongs to whom.)

Which is not to say that there's no sleeping chambers in the castle itself, of course, but still.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:56 am

Yeah, Hears will go with Born. At the very least he can stand guard outside or something.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm waiting on... Well, anything, from either Godbot or Dusk.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:48 am

Sorry for the wait, M0rt.

While I was thinking about what I should turn the Jabbawack into, one of the first thoughts I had was that two small weapons would be good for this sort of situation, or at least a multi-part weapon, like a kusari-gama. The issue, of course, is that 1) Born probably wouldn't know what that is, if they even exist in this setting at all, and 2) they're dangerously anime.

So, two questions: 1) should the Jabbawack be able to turn into weapons Born's never seen before, or alternatively, weapons he just made up, and 2) does anyone have any suggestions for plausible multi-part weapons that I could use?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 am

I was going to say nunchucks.

Then I clicked the second link.

I vote those.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:55 am

You need a snake sword. :roll:

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:17 am

I would, but I dunno if I could pull off the outfit.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:32 am

I know someone playing with sword chucks. Only difference is thT each sword was 20' longbt that is besides the point

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi everybody. Just want to let you know I am still alive. ;)

My new job got me very busy, so I cannot promise anything about returning more frequently. I wish I could, but currently it is not very likely.

EDIT & PS: Can anybody give me a short summary of what happened so far? My last info is the night before we were allowed to go into the library with the flying waterbed scene.
:zzz:

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:55 am

Aw, I'm sorry, Nerre. I know how that is. I hope you'll be able to find some time once you get used to your new job. (What is it, by the way?)

As for what you missed, we went with Nami to visit Leviathan, who turned out to be another guardian. He (or she) informed us that there are two types of guardians: the kind that Asatun gave a small amount of his power and recruited to his cause when they died, like Hats, Cut's Order Guardian, and Jax, and the kind that's more of a natural force that's been around since forever and doesn't have any affiliation with any particular side, like Leviathan, the Forest Guardian from the beginning of the campaign, and maybe the red and blue spirits that Born met in the Ether.

Then, on the way back, we were confronted by a not-hostile-but-you-know-pretty-hostile Atlantian named Tyrone, who worked for Triton for a bit but has since retired. He interrogated Nami a bit to see whether she'd make a good ruler and then ran away while his lackeys held us at crossbowpoint. He was carrying a rune, and Studies made it explode while he was carrying it. Born snuck off to try and track him down, but he got away and we haven't found him yet.

Then we got back to Atlantis. Born and Hears are looking for Tyrone, Studies and Drowns are looking for Prince Zephyr, who might be in league with Tyrone and trying to take over the throne or something, and Cut is helping Nami with her speech.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks Godbot.

I am working as a park manager in a climbing forest. When I switched jobs, I had about 1 month which almost completly ended up in becoming holidays. After that, I got introduced in all I needed to know. Today I succeeded in the final test, getting an inconscious person out of our parcours in less than 10 minutes.
If the forum would be easier to read on a phone it might help, but it is not, at least not on mine. I really miss doing all the graphics and coming up with ideas for my chars and games. Hope I can return to it. Wasn't easy to get in this game the first place, as much has happened before I took Drowns over from Asks. I hope your good summary helps me not to fall too far behind.

Just let me autoprotect and heal and sometimes be a bit overzealous and rightous, even if it doesn't help the plot. :D

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:03 am

So it's been over a week, and I still have only a post from Martin. This has been a bit of a recurring problem lately, too.

Note that I have no intention to abandon this game in any way. But neither do I have the intention to constantly ask for the posts I need to update. And assuming things continue as they are, I might have no choice but to cancel this game.

I haven't given too much thought about what then, mostly because I'm hoping that won't even be necessary. But I think that most likely I'll do some kind of runthrough to run through all the important plot points you guys were yet to encounter. I think a do-over of this at this point would be a bit too ambitious.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:54 am

I still might need 1-2 month till I am fully in my new routine. I got a leading position now, so there is a lot of training to get me fit for it. :)

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Well, i don't really want this to end, it's been a fun part of my life for quite a while now, but i understand we can't really continue if people don't participate. Do what you think is best mort.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:23 am

Sorry guys, but to be honest I kinda lost interest a while ago. It just never felt the same after the forum crash, really :(

I can keep playing if everyone else is still interested, but I can't guarantee that I'll post as often as I should. And if I'm just holding things up, it might be better for me to just drop out entirely, and relegate Hears to NPC status alongside Touches....

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:17 am

So, kind of bringing this back out of the dead from seemingly nowhere, but I was recently thinking about this, and how I never did put a proper "finish" to this thing. I should have some free time coming up in my future- And I think that's one of the things I want to do.

I do have plans to maybe one day turn this story into a proper book, or at least part of it- There's a proper story to be told there. But I'll be honest in that it's going to take years, if ever, for that to happen. So I want to put something out there to properly seal this off.

So why I'm just posting this here for now, are there any veterans around that still would like to see that? And if so, what would your preference be for it?

-A mostly linear explanation of events that happened in the past and might take place in the future
-A mostly "story-based" line of events, where the plot twists would be revealed as they would (presumably) be uncovered in the actual game.

Right now I'm leaning to the first option. I'm going to write down the timeline that caused the start of this story, and hence reveal a couple final plot twists that were henceforth unrevealed... And from there, show some of the paths that a potential ending could have been as well.