The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by WearsHats » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:50 pm

I'm still interested! Sorry to hear RL has been a pain, but I definitely understand that. Now to see if I can remember how to level Kal up and if I have the brainpower to spare for it...
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:52 pm

Roger...just gonna level Varsk up to 4 since he what? 3.5 now? :paranoia:

Varsk will be taking the average HP.

Level 3 HP: 1D10+3 = [4]+3 = 7

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:27 pm

He was on-route to 3. But you can go ahead and pick your battle master features and use them as you like.

I think you all got the level 3 HP?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:56 pm

Hmm. I think at this point since I haven’t played Gwen in a looong time would be to change characters so that we can have a healer.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:45 pm

OK, if that's your preference. I'm not super excited about swapping PCs out just for mechanical reasons, but if you aren't feeling Gwen and would rather be a healer then sure.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC: PLAYER SPOT(S) OPEN)

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:30 am

Just joking about level 4, but good with the other two BM features. He also gets his poisoners proficiency?
Rodgeir wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:16 am Well Varsk would have a minimum of 31 hp at level 3 and only has 25 so nope.
Discussed the HP back in April, Varsk at least only had his level 2 HP.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:53 am

Level three... Heck, I swear I had some sort of plans for that, but I can't find them anywhere. XD

Level 3 HP: 1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4
I forget, how do we handle HP? Were we doing it that since I rolled I stick with that, or do we up it to the book's alternative when it's lower (So for Sorcerer, 4+2=6)?

For all the rest...

I found the old plan post!
► Show Spoiler
Since I've rolled the HP again, I'll take either result, it doesn't really bother me. Mehr should be kept safe regardless, being somewhat squishy.

Anyway, I'll double-check the meta magic, but seems the plan was Distant and Twinned.

Looking at spells, since I get another, can replace one, and can now get level 2 spells;
Distort Value would absolutely suit Mehr's personality really well, would make for better business deals, but it isn't super mechanically useful to us overall.
Maximilian's Earthen Grasp may not be a bad choice, Restrains a target and allows for 2d6 damage per turn with strength saves involved. Not like 2d6 is great, but you can use it for 10 turns. And even if the target makes its initial save or succeeds on the escape, you can just make another attempt. Downside is that it takes an action every turn to do that.
Misty Step and Expeditious Retreat are both good for mobility; Misty Step for instant movement to avoid danger, Expeditious Retreat for faster movement.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:37 am

Misty Step doesn't give you instant danger avoidance in the sense of being able to do it as a reaction, still needs to be on your turn. I'm assuming you got that, but wanted to clarify since the wording was not clear.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:58 am

Ok I have an idea. A forge cleric that is basically a medevial plumber/repairman or Bob the builder. who worships duck tape/soverien glue.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:45 am

Yeah, I'd meant that more in terms of "I'm surrounded, get me the heck out of here without having to walk." Like, it's basically a Disengage and Move bundled into one Bonus Action, which then leaves the move action free to keep moving, which means that in situations where enemies have the same movement as Mehr he can actually escape. Plus since it's a bonus action, it could be followed by a Sprint action... I don't think it would trigger AOOs, right? As far as I remember, they trigger on "a ranged spell attack targeting someone not engaged in melee with the caster"... Or was it targeting someone other than the person making the AOO? Either way, it's specifically spell attack, so Misty Step wouldn't trigger it?

On the other hand, Expeditious Retreat is also a bonus action, and allows for repeated use, so if you're in trouble you Disengage, move away, Expeditious Retreat > Sprint. Then you can keep sprinting for a while with bonus actions. Only downside is that I think there are cases where Disengage doesn't work?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

It shouldn't be too much longer before we reunite the party, Burns.

(Sorry. I didn't think splitting it would take this long.)

HP: 1D10+2 = [7]+2 = 9

Oath of the Ancients:
Adds Ensaring Strike and Speak With Animals to my spell list.
Channel Divinity: Once per day, I can use Nature's Wrath (AKA Entangle) or Turn the Faithless (AKA Turn Fey and Fiends).

I now have 3 level 1 spell slots. And am immune to disease. Lay On Hands pool increased to 15. (Leaving it as 3 remaining for now. I'll take the extra 5 after the next long rest.)

Updated my character in the Google spreadsheet. Formatting isn't pretty, but it'll do.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:23 am

Don't think I ever leveled up Merric with hp either, and couldn't find a roll with a quick search through the ooc chat

Merric hp: 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5

I'll gladly take the average of 5+3 instead o:)

The true god grants me acces to his arsenal of weapons, which I hope can be in the form of enlarged sea creature appendages. So a tooth instead of a dagger or other piercing weapons. Claws for swords and hammers, depending on the end it is held (still costing an action to switch between the two as they warp to be hold in different ways). And of course a tentacle for a whip

The true god does however not deem me worthy of the ability to see through people anymore but is willing to grant me another ability instead of "gaze of two minds", sadly not high enough level for gifts of the depths yet, so improved pact weapon it is instead, essentially granting me a +1 weapon which can now also be bows and crossbows

And for spells he gets further insights in the mind of others as he seems to have trouble reading people and has thus learned detect thoughts! He just needs a copper piece from somebody!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:54 am

Sounds good. All the other individual side-quests are still alive if you choose to follow them, they just won't have anything to do with levelling any more :)

EDIT: Burns, feel free to make a new character and then let me know. We originally rolled for race / class / BG combinations, if you want to try your luck at that again I can whip up some options (all clerics, if that's your preference).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:41 pm

I mean it’s that or have Gwen be a celestial lock.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:32 pm

Yup, that's still fine by me too if you prefer to do that IC through the level up.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Okay. I can do that.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 am

Cool. Also just as an OOC comment because it's been a while since the game has updated and it's been sloooooow for ages (and I'm probably not hinting as clearly as I think I am), but different patrons in my game have different locations / times where they will be more or less influential in the world. If you are looking for a celestial patron, that's just something you might want to think about.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:29 am

What options are there for the celestials?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:44 am

Your patron is a powerful being of the Upper Planes. You have bound yourself to an ancient empyrean, solar, ki-rin, unicorn, or other entity that resides in the planes of everlasting bliss. Your pact with that being allows you to experience the barest touch of the holy light that illuminates the multiverse.

Being connected to such power can cause changes to your behavior and beliefs. You might find yourself driven to annihilate the undead, to defeat fiends, and to protect the innocent. At times, your heart might also be filled with a longing for the celestial realm of your patron, a desire to wander that paradise for the rest of your days. But you know that your mission is among mortals for now and that your pact binds you to bring light to the dark places of the world.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler