D&D 5e--Lost Mines of Phandelver

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: D&D 5e--Lost Mines of Phandelver

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:30 am

It is a long rest for clerics. So at level 1 you have two big spells a day.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:39 am

Does co-operate count as one word, too? :D Oh wait, it only works for the next round. What a pitty.
Also, d'oh on overlooking that harmful part. :tfacepalm:

So my cleric can cast 2 spells altogether, but these 2 can each be any of the 4 she prepared during the last rest?

Allow me to repeat the question, because I think it got overlooked: what/how high is my spellcasting ability modifier?

And I noticed that on the spreadsheet, Saca does have only a green box at the common language. Shouldn't she at least speak dwarf, too?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:05 am

Exactly, Saca can cast any level 1 spell she knows twice (she also knows charm person and disguise self from her divine domain but these don't count against her 4).

Spell save DC = 8 + your Proficiency Bonus + your Wisdom modifier
(So 8+2+3= 13)

Spell Attack modifier = your Proficiency Bonus + your Wisdom modifier
(So 2+3= 5)

Haven't updated the languages for Saca, but she definitely know Dwarven! Also you need a tool proficiency from being a folk hero plus to decide between being a mason, brewer or metal working dwarf. It never ends.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:38 am

And which one of these does apply to the the cure wounds spell? https://5thsrd.org/spellcasting/spells/cure_wounds/ says explicitly "A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs."

I think I'm going to go with metal working, please. (...though brewery sounds more like something people would consider anyone as a hero for... XD )

Also, I really appreciate that you keep presenting me with small amounts of questions/choices to make at one time, that way it's not so overwhelming.

Thanks and also thanks for spelling out things for me, like with the spells. (Only two spells per day seems really a small amount, but I can still hope to level up soon. ^^)
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:12 am

In your case your modifier is based on your wisdom stat so it would be +3. So 1d8+3 healing!

It's all about waiting for when you really need a spell and focusing on catrips otherwise. You also have your touch and make people sneaky domain ability and next level you can channel divinity (make a perfect illusion of yourself) as well, which is fun.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:30 am

Just a heads up, guys. I will most likely be starting the game this weekend. It looks like just about everybody is finished (with a few background things for Gathers) building their characters. Itll start with a short RP meeting, so no issue if there are some things that need to be figured out still.

As for Quarg, if he can get a character ready before we get too far into the game, he can still join, but he's been pretty quiet lately, so his interest might have waned.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Great!

Oh, and Gathers, you can be both a blacksmith and a brewer! Blacksmith from being a dwarf and brewer from you background.

Otherwise I think Saca is ready to go! No more questions, and you're welcome for the help. It is fun getting people started!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:03 am

First post is up!!

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:52 am

Yay!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Sorry for sort of flaking on this but life went sideways RL and I've spent too much energy on other projects needing to get done after work... :(
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:56 am

Don't worry about it, Quarg! Things happen, and IRL comes first. Hopefully we'll get to play a game together someday.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett