The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Home to all current Forum Games.
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:01 am

Stumbles thanks the Silvery Skeleton "So, they're all the Fountain of Wishes now? That's nice.".
He then proceeds to pick up one of the many, cups, and uses the cup of the Wizard and the newly acquired one to fill them at a fountain (the one closest to himself).
He takes a sip out of the new cup, and says "I wish for that Skeleton to receive its unmodified, natural body back. Also, does anyone know how to get out of this dungeon? I need to return one cup to the Wizard that sent me here."

[ooc]I think the quest for Stumbles was formulated incompletely. He is required to "bring back a cup". So Stumbles assumed to bring back a cup, not necessarily filled. That's why Stumbles will hold on to a cup from the fountain of wishes, but for himself.
I intend to drink the second cup once my wish has been fulfilled. (But also intend to spill it then, because I'm Stumbles.)[/ooc]
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:13 am

Agrees and choices both down their cups and here the same voice.

"Oh, you found me again, trying your luck huh? What's your wish?

Questions tries to drink, but the liquid just continues out the other side of her skull.

The yet unnamed goblin also takes a drink. He hears a voice in his mind. "Oh hey, you found me, what's your wish"

Based on my count, there are 9 drinks if wishes left in the gathered cups.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:20 am

Before making his wish, Agrees will hand his half empty cut of wishing water to Questions.
Agrees, Lucky for Questions, is so agreeable that he does as she asks and wishes, "I wish that Questions was returned to the body she was in when she entered this dungeon."

To all the other goblins he says, "I think someone should wish for a map of this dungeon so we can find our way back to the golden gate and get home safely with the wish water."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:45 am

(the wizard apparently forgot how dim goblins were. :P )

Agrees makes a wish and instead of a silver skeleton, questions original body is standing there instead. (Questions has her own half empty cup, agrees has now given her another one)

And with a wish having been made, the room changes drastically. Initially the room was quite small, now it doesn't seem to be a room at all but instead a small forest in which the goblins now find themselves within. Out away from them is a large tree in what seems to be the center of a meadow.

And yet, there's a tree near them with a door set into it and a giant claw scrabbling and picking as if trying to rip it's way into the room.

The forest floor is littered with cups here and there.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:12 am

"Hi. You're the Fountain of Wishes?
I'm Stumbles.
I wish to get a better footing and stumble less when walking or running.
"

He also looks around for loot, weapons, or other stuff he could take.
"Hi all, I'm Stumbles. Thanks for informing me about what's happening, but boy, all these changes each time?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:17 am

"Yezz, I think zzo."

"Hi, voice in my head! I wish that thing scratching at the door would obey my commands!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:48 am

"Thank you very much, Agrees. Would you please specify the wording for the map you want? " Questions asks.

(did Questions go down a level again, since she was level 1 when she entered, or is level gain something that is located in the mind?
Also, did she get rid of the muncher, when she lost all her flesh and/or when her body was returned to the state of when she entered the dungeon?)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:32 pm

"Oh, you are welcome. I'm thinking a map of the entire dungeon that shows us how to get to the 'golden gate' that lets up get back home."

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:12 pm

"How about a wishing for a portal that will teleport goblins safely into the room with the "golden gate", right next to it and not separated by walls, abysses or the like, instead?" Questions suggests.

(badge, forgive me for asking, but I wrote that Questions would fill two cups; didn't she have enough time for that and that's the reason she has only one half-empty one of her own and the half empty one from Agrees now?)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:34 am

Stumbles respectfully wishes for his stumble to be healed and sure enough it is.

Choices wishes that the thing at the door would obey his commands. He doesn't feel any different and the claw keeps clawing through the door.

Originally 7 cups were filled, all of you drank. 7 cups is 14 wishes, that leaves 10 wishes, 1 of them didn't work because questions was a skeleton. So now there's 4 of you and 10 more wishes available.

Because stumbles tried to make a wish before the voice asked him what his wish was, it didn't happen, so questions is still currently a skeleton.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:41 am

Stumbles doesn't feel any different. So he tries to walk around the forest, staying away from the tree with door and the claw looking through.

After some 25 meters, he says "Hey, look at this! I can do this!" and he even does a small jump, spilling some of the remaining wishing fountain water. But he does not stumble.

He starts looking around for stuff he could use to carry things. Like blankets/towels to wrap things in, bottles for carrying water without spilling, belts/backpacks...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:42 am

9 wishes left, stumbles lost one in his joy and exuberance.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:59 am

"Hey you! Stop scratching!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:20 am

After a few seconds the claw stops.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:40 am

Not finding anything of further interest, Stumbles walks into the forest, in the direction of the large tree. But before reaching any meadow or opening in the trees, he takes a break and looks aroung. Feeling slightly thirsty, he absentmindedly takes a sip from his cup of Fountain of Wishes water.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:47 am

A non-stumbling stumbles walks gracefully through the forest. He finds a nice spot to sit down and does so, finding himself thirsty he takes a drink from the half filled cup in hand and hears a voice. "I see your feeling risky…what's your wish?"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:53 am

Agrees has an active wish waiting if I'm not mistaken, correct?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:02 am

Choices made his
Stumbles made 1 and now has another waiting
Agrees has 1 waiting
Questions is still a skeleton

8 total left

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 am

Agrees will make his wish. "I wish that Questions was returned back to her original body as she was when she first arrived here."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:22 am

Questions is quite suddenly her normal self.

7 left.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 am

To the other goblins Agrees says, "Hey. When I did the last wish, the voice said something like, 'you feeling lucky, eh?' I have the bad feeling that when you do more than one wish, the more you do, the more chance of a backfire or something really bad happening."

Agrees will go and fast walk up to the really big tree and take a close look at and around it. "Hello? Hello? Anyone else in this meadow?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:01 am

As agrees moves across the meadow to the large tree, something like a cross between an elf and a nymph pops into few and fires an arrow at him. Given the nature of his cloak, his quick step allows him to escape the arrow as his attacker want prepared for his quick movement.

The nymph yells something and points at agrees, a dozen more creatures armed with bows pop out of various locations around the tree.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 am

Not about to make himself a target, Agrees quickly quicksteps himself away from the tree and out of arrow range. "That was not nice. What's the deal?!" he yells at the attackers when he is far away.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:16 am

Agrees quick steps quite a distance away but as he turns back to give them a piece of his mind he sees, pouring out of the tree are about 20 of the little critters, some of them riding miniature wolves and armed with bows. He hears only one semi intelligible word. "Meatttttt!!"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:20 am

"AAAHH...Watch out you guys!" Agrees will use his cloak to get himself much farther away from the little elf critters and wolves.