Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:25 am

Korga darts in with curved blades, seeking to hamstring one of those on Olly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:12 am

(Huh? Why didn’t it work? Do I have to give a description how I am teleporting it away each time?)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:19 am

► Show Spoiler
Loki picks a piece of light sponge cake topped with fresh fruits (something similar to this), and a nice piece of fudge to nibble on afterwards.
Outside, he tries to offer his help Malis get seated, once she picked a chair, but doesn't insist, in case she isn't into that.

Once he is seated, too, he looks at her, basking in the depth of her eyes, smiling because he feels so lucky to be out and about with a woman like her. He pauses a bit to think her question over, rubbing his stubbly chin in contemplation.
Eventually he replies: "How could I not? I mean clearly something wrong is going on, and I already -was- involved as soon as I stopped those two bashing each other's heads in at the tavern, anyhow. Should I just forget about that, go home, have a nap and let either an innocent man loose his livelihood and a thief get away, or have an innocent man who got attacked get slandered by some drunk who's got it in for him, next?

And besides, just because it is someone's job to do something, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are good at it, or highly motivated to perform their duties right. Some people will always be in it merely for the money. So what's the harm in trying to help out, if I got some spare time on my hands, as long as nobody from the professional forces feels like I'm stepping on anyone's toes?

Last I remember some of us at the arena have aspirations to become hunters one day, in order to help and protect the people from threats like beasts and demons. But not all threats are external, and not all danger comes in forms that you can fight with a weapon..."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:24 pm

((With all things Magic, wording is important. In this case, that wand straight up doesn't do blasting. And also removing two enemies from the fight, even if it's only for a few turns, is extremely OP.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Olly breathes heavily as the fight continues, and takes a defensive stance, aiming mostly to intercept (and stab) any beasts trying to attack Korga or Julius.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 pm

((Just missing an action for Julius))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Uhhhh...Julius runs away from the carionite like the coward he is and tries to shoot it with his bow?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:39 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Korga darts in to support Olly, slashing at one of the two carionites going after Olly. Focused on the large man, it takes no notice of her approach, giving Korga an excellent chance to slice at the flimsy legs, cutting through the tendons on one leg in a flurry of blows.
Julius sets to running from the one beast threatening him, firing arrows desperately as he backpedals. As the beast gives chase, Olly manages to put himself between the two, intercepting its charge and driving his claws into it.

With his distraction, all three carionites are now focused on Olly, as he had been hoping. With his defensive posture, he manages to largely ward off the incoming attacks, though with three enemies bearing down on him it still takes a heavy burden.

Combat:
► Show Spoiler
Stats:
► Show Spoiler
Loki
Malis places her own order for a lemon tart, accompanied by green tea before the pair head outside. She does laugh slightly when Loki draws out a chair for her, but takes the seat gracefully, offering a smile and a simple word of thanks for his kindness.

Listening to Loki explain his thoughts, Malis remains silents and keeps her expression absolutely level, even possibly unamused, but her emotions hold a warm glow of approval. When he finishes the explanation, the young woman lets out a slow breath, then leans forward to place one hand on Loki's, offering a smile, "I'm glad to hear you say that, and it doesn't seem like you're lying, either. I like to make a habit of lending a hand to any problems that I can reasonably help with, but not everyone understands many difficulties in life are less direct than we'd like. Like you said, a weapon isn't always the solution. That's why I have so many connections; I help people and they help me in return." Her smile shifting to a grin, Malis extends a leg under the table to caress Loki's calf with her own, "Though I'm sure you can guess that some of my connections aren't formed so 'above the table.'

That aside, your reason for helping is important too."
Leaning back in her seat, Malis shows a bit of a displeased expression, uses a fork to take off a mouthful of tart and chews on it thoughtfully for a moment before continuing, "It's not really a secret that I'm a generous person. Some people have tried to take advantage of that when they don't really need it, which is something I despise, but there's another sort just as bad, in my eyes. Some people seem to think that doing good things will earn them brownie points with me. Whatever reasons they have to want to earn my favour, the idea of helping people without actually caring about the people they're helping... It's unforgivable. They just do a half-assed job and leave new problems in the future. If you actually care then you'll do it right, and if you're being paid for it you'd better damn well do it right, unless you want things to turn sour. Though admittedly, the people being paid don't always do a perfect job either. But the people who are just looking for momentary gratification don't bother."

Shaking her head, Malis' expression softens as she looks at Loki, "That's why I wanted to be sure you weren't that sort of person. They never have any decent explanation for why they're helping people, and you took that questioning seriously, so I'm confident you're not one of them. Sorry for doubting you. I'll make that up to you later."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:49 am

Korga circles and slashes, prioritizing the closest and most injured of the carionites.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:13 am

Julius fires his bow at the most injured carionite.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:25 am

Olly pants, the exertions of the fight starting to wear him out. Maintaining his defensive stance, he continues mostly blocking and trying to keep the creatures off Korga and Julius, but attacking any that come too close.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 pm

Loki listens to Malis, rubbing his forehead with his fingers. "I hope I don't offend you by saying this, but helping Mr Jules - or Mr Carver, as the case may turn out - doesn't have anything to do with you. Yes, I asked you to tag along, but only because I thought it would be nice to spend some time together.
I would have tried to get to the bottom of this, if you were not with me at all, too, though I might have turned out a bit less successful in the end, as I don't have a 'tree identifying guy', as it were..."
He smiles and gives her a wink, then wolfs down his fruit topped sponge cake.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:56 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
With Olly trying to fend off the attacks of the beasts, Korga and Julius set to laying into their enemies. Julius manages to plant several arrows in the weakest of the carionites, endings its life quickly, while Korga slashes at the next, weakening it severely. With one of their number reduced, the two remaining carionites attack Olly desperately, one lashing out violently in its death throes as the venom affecting it brings about its end, while the other barely scratches the large man, receiving a severe clawing in response.
Julius, being the least embroiled in combat, notices some movement of the grass not far off in the rough direction he sent the carionite he had teleported, but nothing reveals itself.
► Show Spoiler
Combat:
► Show Spoiler
Stats:
► Show Spoiler
Loki
Malis shakes her head slightly still smiling, "That's exactly my point, dear Loki. It's not about me, and I'm glad it's not. That you're an honestly good person who wants to help however you can just for the sake of doing the right thing - not for a reward or recognition - is an admirable thing." Slicing out another piece of tart with her fork, the young woman raises the removed fragment, balancing it on the end of her utensil, "There are already more than enough things in my own life to do with me. That's why I want to make sure there aren't more things to do with me going on."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:02 am

Korga whirls and pounces on the remaining carionite.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:50 am

Question: if we reach 0% is it insta-death, or a KO?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:54 pm

((For humans, it'd be a KO with potential for a lasting injury. You've been able to recover from all the accumulated damage completely in the past, with just a bit of time (Mostly because there's no way in hell I'm going to accurately track how much you should heal), but if you hit 0 and survive the fight you'd have something lasting, like... A broken bone, or something. In this case, since half the attacks you take inflict Bleeding (Which isn't referenced just because it doesn't stack or wear off), it'd probably result in blood loss, which would make you feel dizzy and weak. Combat-wise that would result in... probably 25% decrease in the damage you can deal and your evasion chance. And to be clear, the evasion would be subtractive; Olly has a 44% evasion rate, and a 25% penalty would cut it down to 19%, not 33%.
For beasts and demons, it's straight death on hitting 0%. Well, you'd probably be able to aim to deal non-lethal damage if you wanted, but it'd require melee and would cut the damage you deal some, depending on how you play it.))
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:17 am

Can Julius cast magic yet?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:13 am

((I've been tracking that on the stats section. He regained the ability to cast last round.))
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:27 am

”The carionite is back!” Julius goes to Olly and puts his hand on Olly’s back. He closes his eyes and focuses on how Olly was before the battle started and uses his magic to restore and repair Olly’s injuries to the state before he faught the carionites.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Loki smirks and leans forward to whisper into Malis' ear with a very suggestive tone of voice. "Well, there -are- a couple of things concerning myself that absolutely have to do with you. I hope you don't mind them..."

He then proceeds to 'steal' the piece of cake Malis was keeping in mid-air off her fork, very carefully. Grinning quite wide, obviously pleased about his little caper, he then nudges his own plate towards her, in case she would like to have a bite of his choice, as well.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Just need an action for Olly.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Oh man, sorry!! I thought I posted after the KO chat!

Olly has no idea what Julius is doing to him, but decides that the hand on his back might mean it's important to stay relatively still. He focuses on keeping the creatures off him, dodging and intercepting as best he can as before, without leaving Julius behind.

"What are you doing back there?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Korga lashes out at the remaining carionite, her vicious assault leaving it barely standing while Olly stays on the defensive, finding it much more difficult while cooperating with Julius' efforts. Julius, for his part, decides to focus on trying to heal Olly. It's a difficult task for the inexperienced enchanter, especially in the middle of combat, but he still manages to close over some injuries, and as the remaining carionite comes desperately charging at the most injured human it becomes evident that his efforts were not in vain, as they negate much of the attack.

On its last legs, the beast collapses after its final assault on Olly, the venom he had inflicted on it putting a stop to its movements. With what passes for a warning from Julius, everyone's attention goes to their surroundings, where it's remarkably easy to notice grass being pushed aside by something rapidly moving away from the group.

Combat:
► Show Spoiler
Stats:
► Show Spoiler

Loki
Malis smirks at Loki's joke, letting him take the food off her fork, "In those cases I'm very much happy to be involved." With Loki pushing his own plate forward, she breaks off a slice of the large man's treat to scoop up for herself. "You're a good man, Loki. In many ways."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:01 am

Olly watches the carionite carefully, as it moves away from the group, making sure it isn't just looping back to attack from the side.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Loki smiles and nods at Malis saying that she's happy to be involved, chewing and swallowing the morsel he stole from her.
He smirks again, when she compliments him. "You know, I could say the same about you. IF you weren't such an amazing WOman..." he replies and winks at her wantonly. He then picks up the piece of fudge and nibbles a small corner off of it, immensely enjoying both the sweetness as well as the company.
► Show Spoiler