Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Ves is dashes outside to make sure noones dead, but can't do much else.

((Yeah, she's got 30hp from getting temp hp yesterday and has so far not been hit by anything))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm

((It was ? Based on whether or not she wanted to use her catch missle reaction. Does she? Otherwise she is at 24.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 pm

((Also dashing out will expose her to an attack of opportunity from skeleton... something or other. 26 maybe. So many damned skeletons.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 15, 2019 3:49 pm

((ok, sorry I've got confused somewhere :) don't want to take the AOO, so will just move to engage that one I guess and fight her way to Joe and Jaq))

Att: 1d20+5 = [19] = 24
Dam: 1d8+3 = [7] = 10

Catching arrows: 1d10+5 = [7] = -12 Dam

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 10:31 pm

After casually slapping the arrow aimed at her chest away Ves turns and gives skeleton 25 a resounding whack to its armored ribs that compresses its entire side so it tilts precariously. It looks as if a stiff wind would tip it over.

Behind them Kroshav annihilates the burning skeleton with a single, divinely infused blow. As the bones hit the ground they, like with the other burning skeleton, explode outwards in a circle of burning bits. Kroshav is to extended to avoid the blast and it singes him, but nothing worse than getting to close to a forge.

Fire damage: 1d6 = [2] = 2 ---> 1 damage

Jolly moves back inside and calls to Ves,

"Joe got another one out there. Only saw two left."

Before rummaging in Lurn's pack and pulling out the crossbow.

"Got no idea how to use this and gotta take my shield off." He moves beside the pillar and starts removing his shield from his arm.

Outside Jaq sends an arrow wide of his target and moves back behind the statue.

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (21 hp)
Fire skeleton
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (14 hp) <-----
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 16, 2019 1:31 am

"Just pull the cord back until it locks - you'll want to put it front down and stick your foot on the stirrup - then put another bolt in and it's ready to shoot. Hide, pop out, point, shoot, and hide again."

Getting used to controlling the spiritual blade, Lurn gets a little slack, gesturing toward Skeleton 6, the blade drifts over to the skeleton, but makes a wildly inaccurate swipe.
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20+5+2 = [2] = 9 1d8+5 = [6] = 11

At the same time, he makes a rather weak attempt of finishing off Skeleton 2.
Toll The Dead: 1d12 = [3] = 3

((Maybe shouldn't be taking the time for giving detailed instructions while casting a spell with a verbal component. XD
Also, hadn't Jolly spent time practicing with a crossbow?))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 16, 2019 4:09 am

Lurn, with many fish in the fire, manages to whiff with his floating sword, slightly damage a still fairly whole looking skeleton 2 and explain the basics of using a crossbow.

Skel 2 wis save: 1d20-1 = [5] = 4

Skeleton 26 attempts to strike Ves again with its long sword but its odd tilt along with Ves' agile movements keep it from connecting. Skeleton 8 gets it crossbow working again and fires a wild bolt in Kroshav's direction before backing up 30 to the west. Skeleton 6 considers what happened when it shot at Ves last time and instead directs a shot at Lurn as does skeleton 2 but both miss the large target by an even larger margin.

Skeleton 9 spends the turn re-stringing its bow.
► Show Spoiler
Outside skeleton 26 attempts to end the resilient little halfling but Joe dodges out of the way of the slice of the axe. Skeleton 21 continues to try and hit Jaq by moving to get a clearer shot, it turns out wouldn't have mattered as the arrow it fires lands a good 10 feet short of Jaq.
► Show Spoiler
Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (21 hp)
Fire skeleton
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (14 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp) <-----

((Well the skeletons are not bringing their A game to this fight that is for sure.

@Dlover how many more turns does your super effective sword have?))

Map!
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu May 16, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 16, 2019 4:20 am

Kroshav shakes off the embers and stalks over to skeleton 6, slamming it with his pick.

Attack: 1d20+7 = [7] = 14

Damage: 1d8+7 = [3] = 10
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri May 17, 2019 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 am

((I honestly have no clue, it's only described as "1 minute." Depending on how true time scale is to real combat, it could have been anything from 20 seconds to several minutes already.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 16, 2019 5:27 am

((Each round is 6 seconds, so with a 1 minute duration, you get 10 uses of it. Don't think you've used it 10 times yet, but could go back and count each swing of the sword.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 16, 2019 5:34 am

((I got it at 8 rounds, just want to double check with you. After 10 it goes poof.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 am

((Fair enough. Hopefully I can land a third hit before then. :P ))
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 16, 2019 11:47 am

On her turn, Ves will hopefully finish off the skeleton next to her, and will move towards the exit (engaging any more skeletons en route with her bonus attack as appropriate).

Att (2h): 1d20+5 = [11] = 16
Dam: 1d8+3 = [2] = 5

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (21 hp)
Fire skeleton
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (14 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp) <-----

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Joe will dagger the other one that is near death.
[1d20+6] = 6+6 = 12[1d4+4] = 3+4 = 7

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 17, 2019 2:28 am

((@Burns of the two remaining skellies outside 21 (the archer) looks the worst but to get to it you would expose Joe to an attack of opportunity from 26. Is this the intent?))

Inside the ruined large structure everyone can hear what sounds like stone being dragged across stone from the direction of the stairway down and a moment later three figures come up. Two of the figures are short and thick boned skeletons with tall shields and short swords. The third figure is taller and is completely covered in black clothe, in one hand it has a staff mounted with a skull and in the other a hand scythe. The two shorter skeletons flank the taller figure as it turns its inspection to those battling the skeletons.

((This happens after Joe's turn. Ves and Kroshav would be able to see them emerge but not Lurn or Jolly. Any changes to your actions Ves/Kroshav? Folks outside would have no idea.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 am

((Perhaps, I'll see what Ves does first.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 17, 2019 5:13 am

Ves will attack as before (hopefully looking the skeleton) but will hold her move, and tell Jolly to go tell Joe and Jaq that things just got worse inside.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2019 6:19 am

(No I thought she had two skellys that were badly hurt on her. She'll stab the one in front of her)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 17, 2019 7:32 am

Joe leaps at skeleton 25, dagger slashing but but it manages to deflect the blow with its shield.

Inside Ves sends the entire upper body of skeleton 26 flying with a swing of her staff before turning to focus her attention on the new arrivals and warning Jolly and Lurn. The dark figure's eyes and face are not visible but they are clearly regarding Ves right back, along with the rather impressive pile of bones from deader skeletons.

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (21 hp) <----- (same action?)
Dark Figure
Skeleton Guards
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (14 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 17, 2019 7:43 am

((Yes, might as well try to clear it out, I should be able to get 15 ft north of the spiritual weapon, to reach 6 and have some cover.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 17, 2019 7:57 am

Kroshav moves north and hits skeleton 6 with a crunch but doesn't manage to drop him. From where he is now Kroshav cannot see the figure and it cannot see him but it did notice where he went.

Jolly takes his new cross, and following the instructions he received, shoots at skeleton 6 and only just misses hitting Kroshav instead before turning and running outside and yelling,

"Jaq, Joe something just showed up inside? Ves thinks its bad so ya can wrap it up out here and come in and help her." He looks back over his shoulder and then at the seemingly clear shot out of here...

Jolly attacks!: 1d20-1 = [6] = 5

The figure stands motionless for a moment before making an odd gesture with his skull staff. As the figure does this all the skeletons' mouths open and a dry, rasping voice issues forth,

"Lay down your weapons. Accept the gift given. Come to the pool."

It stands a moment longer before heading north towards the pool, its guards following.

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (21 hp)
Jolly
Dark Figure
Skeleton Guards
Jaq (13 hp) <-----
Lurn (14 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp)

Map!
Last edited by Rodgeir on Fri May 17, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 am

Jaq will step out north, from behind the statue, and shoot at the archer skeleton.

Longbow attack: 1d20+7 = [6] = 13
Arrow Damage: 1d8+5 = [4] = 9

Looking at the archer, does it carry any melee weapons or just the bow?
If the skelly only has a bow, he will use his movement and cunning action to run up to it and be in melee range. Maybe. (I'm assuming if it only has a bow and i'm in melee range with it it gets disadvantage to attack, or am I just kinda making this up?)
If it has another weapon I can see, He will instead just move back and hide behind the statue again.
If the arrow actually hits and ends this skeleton, he will instead move north and move north more with cunning action. He will, however, stay within sight and range of shooting at Joe's remaining foe.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 17, 2019 8:05 am

Jaq steps out and sends a final arrow though the damaged skeleton's skull, causing it to drop with the now familiar clatter of bones hitting bones.

((It had a dagger but it would have had disadvantage trying to shoot Jaq from melee. I will put him over near Jolly.))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 am

Yep, move Jaq north, but to where he still has a clear shot at Joe's skeleton if it is needed next turn.