PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:52 pm

Do you think the reason people don't use z-crystals more often is because they don't want to look uncool despite how strong they are?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 am

"That's certainly the case for me, but I also have a feeling they're especially rare."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:23 am

Bjorn's face takes on a deep shade of red while he poses and dances. "Look away!"
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:24 am

"If you're a man, you have to do what you'll do with conviction to see it through, no matter what. Why would we look away?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:07 am

Oh, I know we can do it with you! Irene quickly tosses out Rhythems pokeball which unleashes a Spinda now striking a "hero" pose with all of the confetti and lights going off around it.

Hey Rhythem, looks great, but we're going to be doing that pose ok? and with that Bjorn has two practice partners with the z-crystal

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:03 am

Haley sends out Buttercup and gives her grassium z. "Come on dance with me!~"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:36 am

As the activities turn to handing out z crystals and dancing, Bruce disengages from the group and heads next to the seemingly forgotten golett, near the forge, giving it a quick nod in greeting.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 am

Everyone

The trainers throw items on the pile, to see how to go about distributing them... In the end, there seems to be the following:

-Drone -> Bruce/Haley?
-Tinfoil gospel -> Irene
-Electrium Z
-Lightwalker boots
-Mega bracelets (one for each)
-Glue cannon -> Bjorn
-Sunglasses -> Bruce
-SDEF focus
-Rock plate
-Snarl(Koa)
-Snarl(Irene)
-Dark pulse(Irene)
-Brick break(Irene)

(Magmarizer got traded for claw fossil)
► Show Spoiler

What follows is lots of conversation, and discussing about Z-crystals and the... Strange signature dances. Those who met Matthias likely do remember he had gifted them a scroll that displayed all the different moves for each of the possible types... But that doesn't mean that Bjorn, feeling somehow "attuned" to the ice z-crystal, can't sense some kind of link to it. And it's far from unthinkable he wouldn't be able to "figure it out", with some time. Those who figure out the moves soon get to see their effects- What is usual a single target attack now explodes with a blast and some flourish, more intense than it would otherwise be... But the trainers in question also feel a "pull" come from the key stone they use to channel this energy, giving them a weird sense of fatigue. They won't be able to do that again until at least a short amount of rest, or pause.
Temple heart wrote:please refrain from using dangerous moves in rooms not designated for this purpose
Despite all this, there's of course also some other conversation and interesting things going on...

Irene reads the tinfoil gospel- It could probably give some interesting information, if she took the time to study it to heart...
► Show Spoiler
Haley, before she goes to join Izzy in the forge, also gets touched by Kinhe- Upon which point her head spins for a moment, before seeming to "restore" to normal... With the presence of a new voice in her head. "Hello?"

"Wait. UB-something? That stands for... Ultra Beast, right? Were you studying Kinhe's species, and the rest of 'em?"
"Correct. Though to be fair, it was mostly the others who worked in the facility to research them. I was not yet... Completely there, and when I was, I had other matters to take care of first."

"In each case, yes, I may have information of interest on that subject. You may find it of interest that some old 'acquaintances' of yours, Goser, Matthias and Pearl, know of their existence. They, together with Nixon, were the ones working the facility."

"I do wonder if Nixon ever managed to assemble that UB task force... She at least seems to have been successful in uploading cover data for the ultra beasts."
► Show Spoiler
Izzy, haley

Eventually, Izzy goes with Luna to the forge, Haley (presumably) joining to check out her own potential creations.

"Okay, so the way this seems to work is that the blaster acts as focus for the elemental energy in the two drives. The problem is, it's pretty limited in what it can do, and you have to spend time switching the drives to make it work. What I was hoping was to combine the drives with my guitar and use that was the focus instead. It might not be as powerful as the blaster, but maybe we can make up for it by having it affect a larger area? Like a kinda environnemental effect? Ideally I'd like to just be able to switch effects on the fly without having to deal with swapping drives around."

"I... See." Luna nods, Smithy to the side and also nodding.

"I... Think it could work? It seems evident that these drives contain magic, of some sort at least, and that magic could be imbued into the focus, that being your guitar. It should... Retain some of their original function, so you may get your wish."

Smithy seems to nod in agreement.

Haley meanwhile shows a dex, and a rope, as well as her pistol and two items that could be tried to be imbued into it. On the pistol they seem certain she could try and put it in together with the metal plate or leaf stone, but the rope is probably too "mundane"... Then again, who knows? As for the dex.

"I'm... Not sure. The focuses are usually rather simplistic, not advanced like this. And usually for weapons, though tools have been crafted before. I think it'd end up... Simplified? Do you think so too, Smithy?" Luna asks, the little golem seeming to agree.

"...Can you get those things back, if you lose them..?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:43 am

"Okay...let's try it then."

"...do you think it'll be done within 50 minutes? We've got a time limit on the return spell."

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:00 am

To Bruce "Heh, maybe we can battle for it later. After this mess is sorted."

To the ultra beast. "Whoa that feels weird. But it's kinda cool." Hi! I'm Haley!~

At the forge. "Um.... No I can't get the dex back if it failed, it costs way too much. Um....I'd like to try the pistol and metal plate or leaf stone? I mean she's putting three thingies in, so I should be able to as well? Um...I'll wait and see how her thing turns out.

If nobody takes them, Haley grabs the light walker boots.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:26 pm

While everyone's busy with their business, Alex hoists the Core, "Since everyone's busy, could you guide me to where you want this, uh... Temple voice? Or if you can create a flow of magic leading there I might be able to follow it by eye."
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:02 am

((Also Dowsing Rod, which I think helps finding shards easier. I assume Drake would want it.))

"Woah, that was pretty cool!" Bjorn tries to save to memory the last move/pose he did before Grunt's/his power move.
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:25 am

"Heh, maybe we can battle for it later. After this mess is sorted."

Deal!

I'll take the SDEF focus if nobody else is claiming it

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:14 pm

"This rod might help you find shards, I think."

"It's quite necessary for it, I've got one already but could experiment with it in the forge.. Maybe if I combine it with the rainbow gem I made from all types of shards I could make it a rod I can tune to specific shards perhaps?"

Drake mostly muses the last bit to himself knowing Bjorn isn't really one for the geeky stuff like this. Seeing Izzy give the golett her stuff, he remembers the flying booster he gave Izzy years days ago.

"Izzy you still got that flying booster? I got a flying brace I could combine it with quickly before the golett starts the process? Might help boost your own abilities as well if you're lucky?

Drake will give the golett the rainbow gem and the extra dowsing rod.
Also since no one wants it, Drake will gladly pick up the rock plate since he is trying to get 1 of each plate anyways in case they come across something amazing that could be alchemized with them.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Izzy, Haley, Drake

After Drake quickly offers to upgrade Izzy's flying brace even further, and after doing so, gets ready at the forge. Haley waits, for now...

"Okay...let's try it then."

"...do you think it'll be done within 50 minutes? We've got a time limit on the return spell."

"Oh, don't worry about that."

Smithy gladly takes the items, and brings them up to the "forge"... A weird circular column that's raised from the ground to about table height, and then indented. Smithy has to clamber in himself for a moment, but soon lines out the given items... The guitar in the middle, the two drives off to the side, and the flying booster on top. Then he simply jumps out, and pulls over the lid. Immediately, previously hidden runes on top of the forge and to the sides begin to light up, first starting with a pale light that then turns red, an icy blue, and a slightly more purple blue.

And then... There's a small "boom" coming from within. Not an explosion, or most would argue it was too light for it to be one, but a sound like it none the less- Ripples of color quickly spreading out over the outside, before stabilizing. Luna seems surprised, and Smithy gives his best "this is fine" impression, as the lights eventually fade, and the lid is pulled back...

Izzy's guitar exploded

Inside, the focus had certainly changed... Near the head, a little wing pattern had formed, while down below the guitar had almost become an entirely different material together. A mix of red with a mild fire pattern, and an almost rock like "ice" on the other half. Both sides seem respectively hotter and colder, though not uncomfortably so...

And besides that, there were the two drives..? Different, however- As if the color from them was drained.

"Well... That doesn't usually happen."

Harmonic emberfrost guitar
Fine arcane long ranged weapon
When used as an arcane weapon, user can shift damage type to either fire or ice. This can be used three times / scene.
Once per scene, user can take a free dash action
Arcane moves: resonance beam and magic burst
Once per day, user can start a sunny day or hail.

2 empty drives

Drake is next, not minding the strange explosion, and his enchantment goes "normally", with no explosions, though the color on the outside of the forge ripples in every color imaginable... Finally, it is done, and he retrieves his new tool as well.

Rainbow dowsing rod
Reduce initial roll count by 3 (or half, whichever would be the smallest), but assign shard colors as wanted.

Everyone

While everyone is busy with their respective business, and claims some items from the pile in a couple instances, Alex is the only one who decides to actually listen to the temple's commands, before it would move on to the maneuver of reminding them every 60 seconds, on the dot. Other conversation goes on, and a plan is made for Bruce and Haley to fight it out, eventually.

"Since everyone's busy, could you guide me to where you want this, uh... Temple voice? Or if you can create a flow of magic leading there I might be able to follow it by eye."
Temple heart wrote:please follow down the main corridor and through the giant door
The temple heart speaks, then falls silent... Really hoping that those instructions are enough, because it would not be certain what else to say given the fact there is literally only one hallway.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:57 pm

"Whoa that's so cool!" Haley not aure what will happen, puts her gin, rope and a leaf stone twoards the smithy. "Um can you try to make something like a grappling hook? Or some sort of absorbson thingy?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Shrugging, Alex sets off along the corridor, looking for a giant door to go through.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:36 pm

After going through the book Irene shakes her head. "The theories are nuts, but since we're going up against psychics the self protection skills are useful. I wonder how things would have gone if I had been able to change my aura and wasn't teleported away"

Seeing the group was still scattered around Irene asks the temple. "Hey, is there any extra quills and paper I can use? I want to copy the useful parts of this book down so I don't have to parse through so much excess."

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:01 pm

With seemingly nothing better to do, Bruce follows Alex down the hallway, exploring more of the temple.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:27 am

"...awesome!"

Beaming happily, Izzy pulls her new/old/upgraded guitar from the forge, and gives it a few test strums. Small ice crystals build up on the strings as she plays, before flaking off into burning embers that float through the air.

"This is so cool! Thank you thank you thank you!"

Midway through rushing out the door, Izzy spots the now empty Drive Cannon and pauses.

"Hey, er...Haley, was it? Your big Bug pokemon said it could use those drives, and you had more of them, right? So...do you want to take this thing? I don't really have a use for it anymore. And who knows, you might even figure out a way to charge up the empty drives again!"

Without waiting for an answer, she ducks out of the room - finding a quiet spot in the main hall to fiddle around with her guitar. She's both super-interested in finding out what it can now do, and concerned with whether it still plays alright after that explosion.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:26 am

Bjorn stores away the Glue Cannon, and follows after Bruce and Alex with Grunt in tow.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 am

(there were also 5 glue packets for ammo, Synch)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:53 am

"You're goving this to me? Thank you! How does it work?"

Haley is very surprised to see the mech cannon and grins widely. "If you want anything let me know! I am very good at finding fossils and I can revive them! I can also teach your pokemkn moves if you want!" Haley sends out Archie. "This little guy I revived today! Alexy has a Tryrunt that I also revived! I can also make some pokeballs."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:51 am

"You're goving this to me? Thank you! How does it work?"

"I...have NO idea. But it seems to draw elemental power from those drives. Try sticking one in, see what it does. Then just point and pull the trigger!"

"...at something, not someone."

"If you want anything let me know! I am very good at finding fossils and I can revive them! I can also teach your pokemkn moves if you want! This little guy I revived today! Alexy has a Tryrunt that I also revived! I can also make some pokeballs."

"I might take you up on the Move tutoring. Later though!"

Izzy continues running out. Then runs back in to hug both Luna and lil' Smithy. Then runs out again.

A few minutes later, once her excitement has died down a little, she approaches Drake with guitar in hand.

"Hey, err...did you still have that book on magic weapons? Do you mind if I borrow it for a little while? I wanna make sure I'm using this thing correctly."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:38 am

Haley

Haley throws in her own items now, encouraged by previous success.

"Whoa that's so cool! Um can you try to make something like a grappling hook? Or some sort of absorbson thingy?"

"Grappling hook... Well, I'm sure he can try, but don't get your hopes up too much. Things usually take after what it's made from, and, well, it IS a weapon..." she states, Smithy none the less aligning the items... Soon the process starts, and just as quickly it comes to an end. The effects...Surprising!

Vine hand cannon
Fine short ranged magic weapon
Grants the move vine whip

► Show Spoiler
Everyone

Most others set off and follow Alex, as he follows the directions given to him... And soon enters through the giant door which, in retrospect, is admittedly kind of obvious. His glasses must have fogged up again.

Not everyone, of course. Irene wants to write down the essentials of the book... It's kind of in the spirit of the book which tells you you should "force yourself to forget vital information, after having written it down, because the aliens will otherwise extract this information from your head once they take you on their spaceship.", though Irene probably was not gonna do the forgetting part.

"Hey, is there any extra quills and paper I can use? I want to copy the useful parts of this book down so I don't have to parse through so much excess."
Temple heart wrote:paper and ink should be available in the library
While Irene goes take care of that, Izzy goes and experiment with her guitar, discovering the multitude of powers it holds. Of course, the most important thing to test was if it still played fine... Which it did! As long as she makes sure to stand in a position where the sonic blasts won't hurt someone. And it still sounded... Fine..? No, something was wrong, it sounded alright, but... Oh no... No..!

The alchemization process... It has reset her guitar to default tuning!

It's going to take YEARS to get it back to perfection..!

Oh she also asks Drake to borrow her book, so she can properly learn up on becoming an arcanist.

Alex meanwhile enters the temple's central chamber. Like the entrance hall, it is circular, though far larger, and dome shaped with the walls almost immediately beginning to slant rather than rising up first, but the dome is large enough to at least give the initial impression of being a straight wall... The room seems empty besides that, besides the large fountain in the midst of the room, and the unown floating about. As he enters through the door, it almost feels as if the heavy box in his hands is being "tugged" by an invisible force.
Temple heart wrote: please place the bug artifact in the pool
the pool we are circling
the pool in the middle of the room
that pool
Apparently the Unown want to make extra sure Alex would have no issues this time around...