Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:38 pm

Charlie rubs his head affectionately against the dragonborn - or he has an itch.
---
Ves had a good night and finds all her snares occupied and unlooted.

Jolly rises and seems stiff but doesn't say anything and helps as directed. He would very much like breakfast.

"Ves, not to blow air up ya ass, but ya are a hells of a cook. Ya could find a job at any tavern or pub in Stenrek. That place in Timmer could have used ya."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:09 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:20 pm ((You just missed the watches Burns, it's morning now - also three times?))

The rain from the night before has lessened slightly but still hasn't stopped as Kroshav heads back the short way to town. He spots the hairy man from the night before by a largish barn looking building near the shop. As the dragonborn approaches the man spots him and directs him wordlessly into the warm, dry stables. There are a dozen others horses stabled along with a couple of oxen. The bearded man helps Kroshav ready the horses without a word and gives him a nod.
(Tha feck? I only submitted it once, I have no idea how this keeps happening)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:03 pm

Lurn will hand three coppers to Kroshav when he gets back with the horses, as the cost of his own horse's stabling.
(Because there's no reason a 'guard' should have to pay for the group's stabling, and Kroshav is the poorest of us all.
Removed the 3cp from my inventory, didn't make changes to Kroshav's.)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:23 am

The rain shows no signs of stopping as everything is packed up to go. The road is still firmly packed and the water runs down its sides but puddles have started to form in the ruts made by the years of and wagon traffic. A few groups of riders have already passed by heading to the east.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:21 am

With everything packed, Lurn mounts up. "How many more villages will we be going through?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:30 am

((Ves knows that you will pass by a village today before arriving at your destination this evening.

Can I get 2 d20s from someone, please.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:10 am

((Is it too late to have Kroshav have asked the shopkeep if she has an oiled poncho or the like to help keep the rain off?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:35 am

((yeah, Ves would be reimbursing Kroshav from the money Joe and Jolly paid; at least for the three/four who are "employed" to be here))

Ves grins at Jolly's compliment.

"I live most of my life out here. I figured I might as well make it as pleasant as possible and learned a dead things. City living though? That's not for me. Tried it a couple of times and never lasted more than a month. Too crowded. Certainly no safer."
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:44 am

((So another 9 copper back?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:48 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 am

((A waxed blanket will cost 5 copper. It's a seller's market! If you want it that is fine by me.))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:23 am

Jaq looks wet and miserable, but doesn't outright complain about it. He does a few morning stretches, shakes his head and pushes his wet hair off of his forehead.
He gets up on his horse and is ready whenever the others are.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:39 am

Joe takes the water off of Jaq.

(Not sure if she'd know about umbrellas since they aren't in the dnd item list, and if she makes a poncho it would be way too small)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:40 am

((I've been assuming weatherproof travellers cloaks are a thing, and that we have them... Like waxed leather or whatever they'd be made of. I think Ves would be pretty snug and comfortable for being out int he elements either way, but let me know if I should be buying other things to keep her dry))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:47 am

"Thanks Joe. Actually, that is quite amazing!" Jaq gives her a winning smile, "That is a magic I've not had the luck to need before this, but that is nice."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:57 am

((I pretty much assume everyone has a waxed/oiled cloak but that isn't going to cut it after a day out riding in the rain. This also gives Joe a chance to shine with her water witching! You got some unlucky weather rolls, but not REALLY unlucky.

Anything left in town before I send you on your way?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:20 am

((Ok, having just built the character, the only things I'd added to base equipment was Charlie, a saddle and some saddlebags.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:42 am

((You can figure Kroshav would have an oiled cloak like the others. You've been on the road enough to have acquired one.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:43 am

((Ok, nix the purchasing of one from the shopkeep then. He will appreciate Joe's ability to dry off his chain to help prevent rust though. Do I also have a tent of my own?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:22 am

((Yep, consider him equipped for the road. Kroshav has been out long enough that is would be odd not to have accumulated things to make travel survivable and bearable, even at his level of intelligence. The gear might not be of the highest of quality but it will get the job done.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:33 pm

The group mounts up and heads east in the rain away from Feltan. As they ride they encounter the normal assortment of riders and eventually foot and wagon traffic. Just before midday they come to Uppner before riding on to Tall. As they ride towards Tall the rain lessens and stops but the sun doesn't manage to burn its way through.

When Ves believes they are about two hours out of Tall a party of riders approaches from the east. The riders move in a tight formation. As they approach large emblems of the Duchy's purple crown resting on the boughs of a tree are visible on all the rider's chests. All are armed with bows, short swords and one is wearing a breast plate. Features of the riders aren't clear yet.

Everyone recognizes this to be a patrol common to the Duchy's roads.

((Anyone doing anything before you meet/pass the patrol? If someone wants to try and dive off the road right as you catch sight of the patrol we can rewind to that...))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:12 pm

Kroshav heels Charlie forward, raising a hand in greeting.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:48 pm

As the patrol first comes into view, Lurn mutters, "Do you think they know about the owlbears?"
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:58 am

Jaq keeps on riding as he had been doing, nodding a greeting when they get near enough.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:02 am

Ves watches the patrol approach and if she doesn't get any and vibes, will signals to the patrol to pause, and will pass on news of the owlbears if they seem willing to listen.

Is stopping the patrol a good idea?
1d20+5 = [20] = 25