PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:53 am

"Wait you can upgrade stuff? How? Oooh! Can you upgrade my dex? Or pokeballs? Or me? What can you do? What can you upgrade? How does it work? Where is it, I want to take a picture of it! Rusty will be so jealous! You got a blaster thingy? Can I see it?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:43 pm

"Wait you can upgrade stuff? How? Oooh! Can you upgrade my dex? Or pokeballs? Or me? What can you do? What can you upgrade? How does it work? Where is it, I want to take a picture of it! Rusty will be so jealous! You got a blaster thingy? Can I see it?"

"Uhh...I think it uses magic? Or at least, some sort of type-based energy reconfiguration that alchemically imbues physical objects with extra abilities. That's what Drake made it sound like, anyway...oh, and my blaster is this magitech thing we found in the Plasma frigate's vault. It uses these drives, and has different effects depending on what is installed - so far I've got one for Fire, and one for Ice."
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:02 pm

► Show Spoiler
Something occurs to Koa, now that everyone's gathered up in this safe area.

"Oh yeah! Speaking of that vault, there was some stuff we found for you guys!" Koa then takes out what apparently seems to be a pokeball, but instead releases 5 assorted bracelets and other accessories, each with a gem set into it. "We found these Mega rings! Or armbands or whatever. Each of us already have one, or... I don't think Irene has one? Huh... well with Irene, Bjorn, Alex, Luna, and two newbies, that means we're one short," Koa ponders, rubbing his chin.

"Oh and I've been carrying around these. I don't need 'em since I got regular running shoes, yeah?" Koa says, tossing the Lightwalker boots into the pile. "Magic shoes!"

"...Oh, and Izzy! I've been carrying around this rope of yours for a while. I guess I forgot about it until now, heh."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:14 pm

"...Oh, and Izzy! I've been carrying around this rope of yours for a while. I guess I forgot about it until now, heh."

"Oh, thanks! Don't worry about it, I haven't really needed to do much climbing recently. On account of...y'know...."

"In fact, if we're sharing stuff out - I've got this Glue gun I've never really used. The blaster was just always kinda...more useful? Someone else might have better luck with it."

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:27 pm

"I got a magmizer and a pistol! I haven't used the pistol and don't know much about combat to work it properly.

Do you think I can upgrade my blowtorch? Maybe I can make a flamethrower or something else cool!"

Asli Haley takes a pic of the place to put in her album
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:49 pm

"Haley, don't go around taking pictures of this place and sharing them.. It's a secret, remember? And honestly, please calm down.."

Drake looks exasperated towards Alex and Bjorn who brought her. A thought does however strike him but gets interrupted by Izzy.
When Izzy pulls out the luck incense, Drake smiles apologetic at her and pulls one out of his bag soon after.

"I got one as well from Eliza's challenge. But I've got my whole team using braces as it is now, except Ghos who I made a plate for, giving both the protective and offensive capabilities of my craft. I don't need anything right now, but maybe a big favor in the future? I think a flying plate would be a good ingredient for your guitar on top of it, just need a couple blue shards in order to make one."

Drake will go up to the golett as well and hand him a pokeball and a yellow shard.

"Think these two can be combined?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:12 pm

Everyone

The trainers start talking, and... Quite rapidly, things seem to descent into a certain modicum of chaos. Drake presumably starts moving to the forge, wanting to at least make use of one of the tables to work on his bracer.

"Look it's you! You are adorable!" Haley calls out to Kinhe, who seems a bit surprised by the sudden excited approach. "What kind of mon are you? You are not like anything I've seen before! A frillish? Oh Rhemilarity has to see you!" she states... Right before releasing a rather strange bug pokemon herself. It scans the room for a moment, before seeming to take on an almost "relaxed" posture.

"Look look it's the mon on the posters!"

"Ah, yes. UB-01 Symbiont. That is the codename we gave it, at least... You likely know it as Nihilego?" "Rhemularity" states, before turning to give Haley a somewhat more concerned look.

"I would be cautious touching it, given it's neural toxins. We never got to study long term effects, though effects seem mostly benign."

Kinhe on it's part was looking between Koa and Haley as if whether or not it was allowed to "touch"...

"The golett did most of the work, all I did was provide materials. I think one primary item is used to absorb the qualities of any other ingredients. I combined Goosers gun with evolutionary stones made from shards. They kinda became a permanent power source for it, I think. What are you considering to make?"

"Huh....neat. You remember that crazy tough lady in Murkoff, with the guitar? She got me thinking that it might be nice to upgrade mine. And I've got this frost/fire blaster I've been using, that's not too different from your lazergun, so I thought..."

Others remark on the process of forging as well, before they realize the little "master smith" Golett is there himself... And it would soon find itself surrounded by various people to try and get his "services"

"Did you help with that? I should thank you for it, then."

The Golett gives a big "thumbs up" to Alex.

"Hi there! I don't think we met properly last time - I'm Izzy. My friend Drake said you're the one to go to about forging cool weapons and stuff?"

It nods, confidently, and perhaps a bit smug with all the praise. Then it raises it's hands forward, before doing a motion as if to show him what it is she'd want "worked".

"Please do not throw yourself in the forge..!"

The Golett seems to scratch it head at a bunch of things it doesn't recognize, not to mention the sudden torrent of questions. It doesn't seem to have a mouth to relay that information with, either, though Izzy tries somewhat...

"Uhh...I think it uses magic? Or at least, some sort of type-based energy reconfiguration that alchemically imbues physical objects with extra abilities. That's what Drake made it sound like, anyway...oh, and my blaster is this magitech thing we found in the Plasma frigate's vault. It uses these drives, and has different effects depending on what is installed - so far I've got one for Fire, and one for Ice."

"That's... About correct, yes. The forge does most of the work, not to discredit our little friend, of course. Your best bet would be to find a weapon, and then combine it with... Reagents, power sources I suppose. Most often crystals, or items that hold powers. You'd seek to use that... Gun, thing? I'm worried it'd lose it's special properties, but it could work..."

"I got a magmizer and a pistol! I haven't used the pistol and don't know much about combat to work it properly.

Do you think I can upgrade my blowtorch? Maybe I can make a flamethrower or something else cool!"

Assuming Haley offers the items, the Golett takes a look... And seems reasonably confident that it could do something with them..?

Drake finally also shows a shard and a pokeball to the golett, but while it approves of the shard, it pushes away the pokeball while shaking it's head. Surprisingly, it seems the temple is the one who has to remark on that...
Temple heart wrote: the devils tools can not be modified in the forge
Koa also has something to settle with the Spark... Just in case.

"I'm not gonna owe you anything for this, am I? 'Cause I can wait. I just wanted to let her know the box is here... and that the Temple wants to see it for some reason. Is that good?"

Code: Select all

Ha ha ha

You think I would trick you into a "deal" without express permission..? :)

Don't worry, we can't make that happen without the terms being made expressly clear by both sides ;)

And I didn't intend it as an "You owe me later" kind of deal, either. :)

Relaying a message is a simple enough small favor, and I wouldn't want you to send anything about this place over unsecured text ;)

I'll relay the message. No strings attached. But she'll no doubt already know that the temple wants to see it. :)

And so will you, once you deliver it ;)
Following this, the trainers also come to the sudden realization that there's still a whole bunch of items they meant to share... From various magical and technological artifacts, to a rather rare treat: mega bracelets..! If one short for everyone...

"I wouldn't consider myself much of a trainer, to be honest... I have no need of one of those... Mega rings, in each case. What are they, anyways..?"

"Ah, you wouldn't know, they only came in existence near the end of the war, from what I heard... Erm- I can tell you more later, maybe."

Drake also scolds Haley for taking pictures inside this place... Probably quite rightfully, if one is to be honest.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:18 pm

Having thanked the golett, Alex turns to the item trading, collecting one of the mega accessories, "If that's how you feel, Luna, then it works out well. We shouldn't be expecting you to fight much, after all... And since we're handing things around, I've got... Let's see... A drone and some sort of... Book about conspiracies. Plus there's this... Weird crystal, if anyone knows what it is, but I feel kind of... Reluctant to give it away."
Alex will offer his drone, Tinfoil Gospel (Useful to anyone with occult education), and see if anyone knows what the Fightinium Z is.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:22 pm

"Dibs on drone! Maybe we can upgrade this with the burner and make a cool thingy! Oh um of you can make stones, can you make a shiny stone? I has a leaf stone you can have or I can teach your mons a move...if I have it in the archive. Oh and I also have this and this." Haley shows the electrium z and grassium z, clinging onto the grassium.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:46 pm

Ah, we learned about those from... an oculist that recognized me somehow... Irene trails slightly before shaking her head and continuing.

"They let your pokemon do an extra powerful attack of the corrusponding type. They just need to know the same move of the same type. You also need to do a weird looking pose, wish they were cooler like the ones from Pokerangers!"

Since everyone seems to be forging or exploring, Irene asks Alex "Hey can I skim over the conspiracy theories? With everything that's happened recently one of them might actually be useful." While waiting for everyone to finish up Irene delves into the book

Irene ap boosted occult check [4d6+1] = 20+1 = 21

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:56 pm

"I got one as well from Eliza's challenge. But I've got my whole team using braces as it is now, except Ghos who I made a plate for, giving both the protective and offensive capabilities of my craft. I don't need anything right now, but maybe a big favor in the future? I think a flying plate would be a good ingredient for your guitar on top of it, just need a couple blue shards in order to make one."

"Okay, I'll try and think of something you might like! And thanks for the offer, but I was kinda hoping to get this done now, since we might not be back here for another week."

"That's... About correct, yes. The forge does most of the work, not to discredit our little friend, of course. Your best bet would be to find a weapon, and then combine it with... Reagents, power sources I suppose. Most often crystals, or items that hold powers. You'd seek to use that... Gun, thing? I'm worried it'd lose it's special properties, but it could work..."

"Oh that's fine, I wasn't actually planning on using the blaster itself much, if I could help it. Just the drives."

"Come on, lemme show you."

Assuming the Golett follows, Izzy leads the way into the forge and finds a table, laying out her guitar, the Cannon, and both her elemental drives.

"Okay, so the way this seems to work is that the blaster acts as focus for the elemental energy in the two drives. The problem is, it's pretty limited in what it can do, and you have to spend time switching the drives to make it work. What I was hoping was to combine the drives with my guitar and use that was the focus instead. It might not be as powerful as the blaster, but maybe we can make up for it by having it affect a larger area? Like a kinda environnemental effect? Ideally I'd like to just be able to switch effects on the fly without having to deal with swapping drives around."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:12 am

"...Um....those can't be made....at least not easily. You think it'll work?" Haley pulls out a leaf stone and metal coat along with her pistol and rope. "I'm not aure if this will work... If we are going against some bad people though...I'll need something I can do to help. I'm not good at combat....

....Have you tried using a dex in there? I'm interested in seeing what it'll do if we put the dex in with something else like the magmaizer"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:24 am

Koa looks obviously reluctant to let Kinhe do her thing. "...Well, if she's okay with you doing weird brain stuff and maybe getting a headache after?" Koa relents, looking questioningly to Haley. He gives a doubly-questioning look to the weird, synthetically-talking robo-bug Haley released. "Wait. UB-something? That stands for... Ultra Beast, right? Were you studying Kinhe's species, and the rest of 'em?"

"....Have you tried using a dex in there? I'm interested in seeing what it'll do if we put the dex in with something else like the magmaizer"

"Oh! You got a Magmarizer? Well I've got a Magmar that evolved just yesterday that could use it, if ya want something for it?" Koa asks, releasing Maguma, who casually looks around with a 'huh, back here again' look.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 am

Haley looks at Kinhe with curiosity as Koa speaks "That sounds kinda neat! Well except the headace part." Haley gently boops Nilhleo on what she thinks is it's nose.

"Sure! What do you have to trade?"

(Haley is too curious for her own good)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:51 am

"Hrm... well I've got a few things I'm not using," he says as he sets his backpack down and starts rummaging through. "I've got let's see... this TM from the Murkoff gym, Snarl it says? I've got... these Dark Vision goggles, though maybe I should hold onto those? And... oh, I've got this Fossil I found a while back? I wanted to find a better place to revive it than Isosceles had, but idk if I'm gonna get the chance to do that for a while. I dunno if I can raise another pokemon anyway."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:04 am

"A fossil! What type is it?" Haley inspects it and grins. "I can revive it at Murkoff, there is a university there and teach it an additional ability, ancient power and get a held item from it! If you find any more I'll be happy to revive it for you."

surv (id fossil) [6d6+2] = 20+2 = 22

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:32 pm

When Drake looks his way, exasperated with Haley, Bjorn mimics clutching his head in pain when Haley isn't looking.

He contributes what he has found along the way: some sunglasses, an SDEF Focus, a Rock plate, an ice Z Crystal and a Dowsing Rod. He calls out to Drake, "This rod might help you find shards, I think."

He checks out the Glue Cannon. "Anyone want this?"
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:36 am

Bruce mostly stays in the background, taking in the sudden teleportation and the temple. He thought about joining the others at the forge, but decided against it as soon as he learned it was magic. At least until the idea of stuff came about. A drone had been offered up. Of course that girl had asked for it right away, but it's not like Bruce was afraid of some confrontation.

could I get that drone, actually? I'm a bit of a scientist/engineer in my free time, and I think I might be able to do some cool things with it.

And maybe those sunglasses?
Bruce adds the last sentence a little sheepishly, not wanting to admit how cool they would look on him, and the grabbing his mega ring from the pile
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:59 pm

Bjorn, glances up from the cannon. "The sunglasses? Yeah go nuts, they don't suit me."
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:26 am

Irene looks over at the mention of an ice z-crystal. "You know... if you don't have anyone using it, could I get that z-crystal? I think Cygnus, my amaura, would like it. I don't have much though mostly random tm's let's see here" Fishing around in her bag a bit Irene pulls out the three she does have "Though since they're all from the gym, I'm not sure how useful they'll be dark pulse, snarl, and brick break"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 am

"Z-Crystal? So that's what they are? And you can tell what type they are? I guess the colour would give away most of them, at least for the types with distinctive colours. So, pale blue is ice, green is grass, yellow is electric, and dark red is fighting? Those are the ones we found at least... But how do you even use them?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:34 pm

"You know... if you don't have anyone using it, could I get that z-crystal? I think Cygnus, my amaura, would like it. I don't have much though mostly random tm's let's see here"

Bjorn sheepishly pockets the Z Crystal. "Ah sorry, shouldn't have chucked this out, I was gonna keep it. Ice is sorta my thing," he says, making some snowflakes fall gently over Irene.

He looks over at Alex. "Oh I have no idea. And I assume this one is Ice, its light blue and it... sorta speaks to me. I saw Z crystals advertisedfor sale when I was buying stuff in Murkoff and these look similar, but I have no idea how to activate it. I assumed our pokemon would hold them."

He summons Grunt, and hands him the ice crystal. "Here bud, try this on for size. Start with a Powder Snow and Icy Wind, and then see if you can do anything else on top of that."
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:17 pm

ah, that's fine. Irene quickly breaks eye contact brushing off the snowflakes.

Yeah, your pokemon needs to hold it, and to activate it you need to do a pose, Like this or this or this. Irene quickly demostrates the poses demostrated by the crazy cultist leader mentioning the type for each pose.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:10 pm

"So, that's what the weird dance that came to mind when I touched it was... Well, I guess it's a backup plan if necessary, though I'd rather not do something so silly." Now that he knows what the stone is, Alex gives it over to Roy.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:12 pm

Bjorn reaches over to Grunt to touch the crystal, and tries whatever funky pose or dance comes to mind.
► Show Spoiler