PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:47 pm

"Oh, Cogs isn't here. I met him when I jumped through this rift thing into the Overseer's home, after Koa got himself grabbed. He lives in this weird kinda astral temple place, with a magic seeing pool. And he can even control those portals! He helped me beat up some of the Overseer's machines, then sent me back before I got caught."

"Actually, I think I sketched him somewhere in here...?"

Flipping back through her sketchbook, Izzy finds the drawing and holds it up for Haley. It shows a small gaseous cloud, with two wispy arms/ears filled with twinkling lights. In the centre of the cloud is an empty black space, with a pair of strangely expressive eyes floating in the void above a little circular mouth.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:32 pm

"You went into the home of the ancient world-devouring beast, that's just... Well, you survived it."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:05 pm

"Only after I, uh, convinced him to let me go," Koa says, reddening a bit. "According to the Spark, he's got protections up or something - I think those machines Izzy's talking about were part of it? Ya can't even blow him up, he just shrugs it off like nothing."

"Spark offered to help get rid of whatever's protecting him, but I dunno. He's planning on taking over the world, but it's a pretty slow process. I think it can wait, yeah? We've got other things to worry about before tackling some world-ending monster...."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Alex pinches the bridge of his nose, "Blowing him- Yeah, I can see that not working. Considering it's got the power to have left multiple other worlds devoid of life and collected the most powerful of beings on those worlds for its collection. After seeing the destruction is can cause... Well, the only reason you're alive is because it didn't want to kill you. So far as we know, the only thing that can hurt it or defend against it is the power of this world's cores. Which is partially why we're getting the Plasma Warship fixed up. If that's in working condition, and we can get access to a core to power it, it would create a possibility. That possibility being so slim, though, is why I entirely agree with not having to tackle that problem straight off."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:23 am

Haley looks impressed and excited 'How did you convince that thing to let you go?! Teach me!"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:58 am

Bruce mostly just sits in the background listening to everybody speak. When he does speak up, it's mostly to clarify things.

Koa and Irene helped me with some Red Hand business, and Drake, Jeremy and Isabel helped me out in the cave, wow, I've been getting in a lot of trouble today, so I'm mostly just here to help with your ghost problem as payback. Though you guys do seem to love some... interesting lives. Who is the spark? And what is this box?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Everyone

Earlier, Drake found a lot of gems, that signify to him there were obviously spooky things going on up there in the mountains.

---

Topic immediately seems to turn to the two new arrivals, but given the responses of the others that surround them, and have to known them, they find themselves lucky to be accepted into the circle... Or unlucky, if one were to fully consider the mess they are to be dragged into. They're not the only ones to be addressed, of course, as some greetings are exchanged between friends that haven't seen each other in a while.

"Bjorn, Luna, it's been a while! How's it feel to stretch your legs again? Hope you're not bingeing on all the new junk foods we got?"

"Let's keep it at that I'm very glad that I could ride on Tank. All this walking is exhausting..."

"And... I did try these junk foods, yes. How much MEAT do you people eat nowadays?! And it was so... Fatty."

"It's... Not bad, however."

"Haley already knows about the Spark, and she's been present for some... Very strange things. Plus, she knows what this is. Hiding things from her at this point wouldn't serve any point. What about the new guy?" Alex speaks up, in defense of Haley, while questioning Bruce. Koa for his part greets Haley with reluctant, but open arms, as they share words about the GRAND OVERSEER... Not too pleasant ones.

"I showed it to Jack and he said something about someone was able to take it's captives away from it?"

"Y-...yeah. Yeah, that's the big guy, alright. But what's this about captives? I mean I caught one of his kids, and he was... pretty mad about that, Bruce caught one, too, and that's why he's here."

"Well...I mean he ruins planets and any survivours he alters and make them follow him. Sounds like captives to me. ....It's not his children."

"He also tried to hurt Drake, didn't he..? Asshole does sound like bad news."

Conversation continues, as Alex talks about the discovery they made in the old league base, to everyone's surprise. The trainer's pokedex chime for a moment, reminding them that a certain someone is always watching, with some words of it's own.

Code: Select all

Ha ha ha, it's true! :)

I could have had you guys explore it instead... :)

But I already sort of promised it to the others ;)

The little girl is nice, she can be trusted. I think. :)
Conversation then continues to the... Heroic escape of Koa, and some of the crazier adventures they went through. Luna chimes on for a moment, wanting to make sure everyone was actually alright- Only allowing conversation to continue once she had been assured that was the case.

"Spark offered to help get rid of whatever's protecting him, but I dunno. He's planning on taking over the world, but it's a pretty slow process. I think it can wait, yeah? We've got other things to worry about before tackling some world-ending monster...."

"Blowing him- Yeah, I can see that not working. Considering it's got the power to have left multiple other worlds devoid of life and collected the most powerful of beings on those worlds for its collection. After seeing the destruction is can cause... Well, the only reason you're alive is because it didn't want to kill you. So far as we know, the only thing that can hurt it or defend against it is the power of this world's cores. Which is partially why we're getting the Plasma Warship fixed up. If that's in working condition, and we can get access to a core to power it, it would create a possibility. That possibility being so slim, though, is why I entirely agree with not having to tackle that problem straight off."

"Yeah, we're already busy even trying to figure out how exactly we're supposed to stop the godslayers. Let's put the stop an actual eldritch abomination plan on ice, yeah..?"

"I'd... Be inclined to agree, yes..."

Koa and Irene helped me with some Red Hand business, and Drake, Jeremy and Isabel helped me out in the cave, wow, I've been getting in a lot of trouble today, so I'm mostly just here to help with your ghost problem as payback. Though you guys do seem to love some... interesting lives. Who is the spark? And what is this box?

"You have. You're more of a damned loose cannon than I am! If you didn't seem at least halfway decent I'd tell you to shove off, but you already saw and heard all this shit, so..." Isabella states, before shrugging. He also receives a strange buzzing on his phone, finding the screen strangely staticy as words rapidly appear...

Hiya buddy! ;)

How does it feel to be reborn in flame? :o

Ha ha ha

Sorry, I shouldn't make jokes at another's expense ;)

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get to know each other well! :)
"He seems... Alright to me, on a first glance. Rough, perhaps, but fair."

"So... Should we go, then?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Alex rolls his eyes a little at the Spark saying Haley seems trustworthy, "Right, because you're so trustworthy yourself. Anyway, let's get on with it. The sooner this thing's secure the better..." He glances at Bruce, "As for what's in this box, it's the essence of the bug type, the power of infiltration, et cetera, et cetera."
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:55 pm

Bjorn holds up the sack, showing everyone the box Alex is referring to.
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:40 pm

Bruce looks down at his phone and reads the message from the spark. So, "The Spark" is what you call some hacker friend you guys have?

"He seems... Alright to me, on a first glance. Rough, perhaps, but fair."

"So... Should we go, then?"

I'm so glad to have your approval. Bruce replies, somewhat sarcastically.

"As for what's in this box, it's the essence of the bug type, the power of infiltration, et cetera, et cetera."

So, is this like a magic thing? Some sort of spiritual mumbo jumbo? I don't like magic. I'm much more of a science guy.

Despite that, he can't help but look at the bug box, and see if he can guess anything just from looking at it.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:53 pm

"Spark is less so much a hacker as he is an entity that can control technology."
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:37 pm

I mean, we're all entities who can control technology. But I'm guessing you don't mean it in that way.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 pm

"Yea I don't understand magic stuff either but it hurts the destroyer of worlds so it's okay in my book. Sparky is like a really advanced porygon Z? But uhhhh different from what I gather.

Where are we going?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:57 am

"The big guy can do more than just physically hurt people though, not sure what he did to me but I'm glad Koa intercepted, even though I still think you're an idiot for doing so after blowing yourself out of his realm..

As for the spark, I think a cluster of unowns is the most accurate way to describe it. There's a similar entity where we are going. Are you guys ready? We got a bit less than an hour before we have to get back. "

Drake will take forth the spell book and read the incantation and utter it it once he have a nod of approval or the equivalent.

Once at the temple he'll realise something and ask the others a question.

"So we expect a lot of psychic and ghost types right? Should I make a ghost and psychic brace just in case and do one of you guys need one?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:56 am

"So we expect a lot of psychic and ghost types right? Should I make a ghost and psychic brace just in case and do one of you guys need one?"

"Oh...a Ghost Brace would be nice for Nate. If you're offering. I gave you back that Dark Brace I borrowed for the gym, right?*"

"Actually, I was wanting to ask you about that blaster you use. You built it here, right? In the....forge?"

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:52 am

Haley looks around at her new surroundings. "Huh?! What? What just happened? Where are we? What's this place? What is going on?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Everyone

Conversation continues for a little while, mostly concerning the spark who gives a couple curt responses, until Drake would force things to move ahead in a little while.

"Right, because you're so trustworthy yourself."

Ah, you wound me :'(
"So, "The Spark" is what you call some hacker friend you guys have?"

"Spark is less so much a hacker as he is an entity that can control technology."

"I mean, we're all entities who can control technology. But I'm guessing you don't mean it in that way."

"Sparky is like a really advanced porygon Z? But uhhhh different from what I gather."

Is this a ploy to get more gifts from me, as if I don't give enough..? :)

What's a god got to do to earn some recognition around here? ;)
While some other conversation does occur, mostly about magic and what the box is supposed to be, Drake soon fishes out his heavy magic tome, and scrolls to the pages where the rather lengthy spell starts. As he recites the words, the unown symbols on the page close their eyes, signifying they have been spent- And similar unown seem to appear as if from thin air around the gathered up party, before, with no fanfare, the trainers no longer find themselves in the dark alley.

Instead, they are greeted by a rather impressive sight. A reasonably sized round chamber surrounds them, in opulent white, leading up to a rounded dome where stained glass stands... Though rather than be met with sunlight, cold rock seems to be behind it. Somehow the place seems brightly lit regardless, however, and a couple what look to be Sigilyph are busy tidying up the place. There seems to be an exit in one direction, and in the other direction stand two passages to rooms in the circular wall, with between them a long passage. There's another large door on it's end, standing open and showing what seems to be an even larger room with a pool...

Of course, this is only a new sight to some, as others had been here before... And it is to only these that a voice seems to speak, the others left oblivious.
Temple heart wrote: welcome back

we notice you are in the presence of several yet unacquainted persons

are these trusted friends?

or would you request our aid in assisting them to our jail?
Apparently the temple was being a bit too proactive just in case the new guests were in fact not supposed to be there, and some of it's local residents had already been alerted... As was made obvious as the right door got kicked open, and one brave little Golett steps out, wielding a Honedge in one hand..! Judging by it's attempts to struggle free, it apparently did not approve of this plan.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:45 pm

Friends, most certainly friends! Irene calls out seeing the "welcoming" party.

you're greatest protection is from being hidden, we can't just bring dangerous people here

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:31 am

Huh. Koa was expecting something more to happen with that teleportation spell. No weird sensation, no middle space to travel, the trainers are just here now. Well, alright then.

"Uh, yeah, they're cool!" Koa adds with Irene. "We're just here to drop something off! It's like that Fairy box that got stolen, but it's a different one. It's pretty important, yeah?"

Speaking of, the trainers should probably let Diancie know that the Bug box will be here. He takes out his pokedex. "Hey, would ya mind giving Diancie another call for us? I don't think we can get reception down here, heh."

Koa then releases Kinhe. She doesn't get out much, so Koa figures she might as well enjoy the privacy the temple provides while she can. "Just don't get touchy-feely with anyone if they don't ask for it. They might not like joining their brains with yours, or whatever, yeah? ...And don't touch that box," Koa remembers. "Apparently it hurts your dad to touch it, so who knows what it could do to you?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:30 am

Everyone

Friends, most certainly friends!

"Uh, yeah, they're cool!"

The temple is quick to once again respond. This time with it's strange, monotome voice, that everyone in the party can hear.
Temple heart wrote: very well

welcome new honored guests
you're greatest protection is from being hidden, we can't just bring dangerous people here
Temple heart wrote: you could

you would simply have to make sure they can not leave
Seeing that they're not enemies, the little Golett let's go off the sword, and instead gives a friendly wave to the trainers, stomping over to inspect the newcomers. The honedge, for it's part, grumbles and retreats through the door they originally came through.

"We're just here to drop something off! It's like that Fairy box that got stolen, but it's a different one. It's pretty important, yeah?"

The temple seems to go strangely silent at this remark, as if... Processing what was just said. It would speak up again in a little while, though for now Koa had some more things to say.

"Hey, would ya mind giving Diancie another call for us? I don't think we can get reception down here, heh."

I suppose I could as a little favor, if you want me to. :)

What would you have me relay, exactly..? :)
He also releases Kinhe, who looks about the place with curiosity, but nods at his request. Not much after, the temple speaks up again.
Temple heart wrote: please bring the bug artifact to the main chamber

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:36 am

"Oh...a Ghost Brace would be nice for Nate. If you're offering. I gave you back that Dark Brace I borrowed for the gym, right?"

"Actually, I was wanting to ask you about that blaster you use. You built it here, right? In the....forge?"

"Yeah I got it and I can make the brace for the upcoming battle."

Drake starts constructing it right away as he know time's limited and he continues talking to Izzy about arcane forging.

"The golett did most of the work, all I did was provide materials. I think one primary item is used to absorb the qualities of any other ingredients. I combined Goosers gun with evolutionary stones made from shards. They kinda became a permanent power source for it, I think. What are you considering to make?"
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:56 pm

"What who said that?" Haley looks around with caution at first and the n sees the ultra beast. "Oh! I seen that mon before, I thought it was photoshoped!" Haley pulls out the poster that has Nilleho on it.

She holds it up for it to see. "Look it's you! You are adorable!" Haley takes a pic and then smiles at the beast. "What kind of mon are you? You are not like anything I've seen before! A frillish? Oh Rhemilarity has to see you!"

Haley sends out Rhemilarity. "Look look it's the mon on the posters!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:25 pm

Alex's attention picks up as Izzy and Drake talk about the forge, "Is that where my shield came from, then?" Crouching down to reach eye-level with the golett, Alex extends one hand to it, "Did you help with that? I should thank you for it, then."
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:13 pm

Koa hesitates when Spark mentions the word 'favor'. "I'm not gonna owe you anything for this, am I? 'Cause I can wait. I just wanted to let her know the box is here... and that the Temple wants to see it for some reason. Is that good?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:36 am

"Yeah I got it and I can make the brace for the upcoming battle."

"Great! Uhh..."

Izzy sticks her head in her satchel, trying to figure out what to offer in return.

"I've...I've got this Luck Incense that I'm not really using at the moment? You want to borrow that while I'm using the Bracer?"

"The golett did most of the work, all I did was provide materials. I think one primary item is used to absorb the qualities of any other ingredients. I combined Goosers gun with evolutionary stones made from shards. They kinda became a permanent power source for it, I think. What are you considering to make?"

"Huh....neat. You remember that crazy tough lady in Murkoff, with the guitar? She got me thinking that it might be nice to upgrade mine. And I've got this frost/fire blaster I've been using, that's not too different from your lazergun, so I thought..."

Pausing mid-sentence, Izzy realises the Golett in question is among them. Crouching down, she gives him a cheerful smile.

"Hi there! I don't think we met properly last time - I'm Izzy. My friend Drake said you're the one to go to about forging cool weapons and stuff?"