Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:29 pm

I started a doctoral job at the university I work at, moving down from the teaching/admin position I had. Hopefully it will be worth the 5 year investment.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 pm

Nice! Congratulations :) what will the job involve if you don't me asking?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:05 am

Research on renewable energy systems. Lots of partners so we, my research group, are mostly handling the identification of alternatives in given circumstances and then spreading the findings.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:15 am

Patrols aren't likely up tolerate bandits like Fancy Lad either... Have we told anyone about him and his gang?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:57 am

Nice! That sounds a really cool job :)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:31 am

You told Enrud about the bandits and he more or less shrugged.The patrols wouldn't allow them to carry on long but it is unclear how long they were active. You could have been their first heist. Poor, unlucky Fancy.

It seems interesting I just need to get out of the job I am doing now with as much skin as I can!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:09 am

Ok, I'm confused about where everyone was and missed joe talking to Ves. Saying that, Ves won't have any particular preference over the letter, except that Ruby is probably very recignisable in Stenrek now. Sending her east might be better?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:13 am

To be fair, Joe was everywhere. She jumped from place to place.

Also, as I have tried to make clear in thread - Ruby ain't gonna make it to Stenrek in a day given him.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:06 am

Sorry about that! I get directions and stuff confused easily and was mostly following the dragonborn. Even with a map I'll prob get my directions messed up.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:58 pm

I realize that I perhaps over complicated the village situation along the road. To me it seemed logical that over the hundreds of years the road has been in use small villages sprang up at the normal stopping spots on the road. Since DnD walk speed is half the riding speed this works out that riding allows you to skip a village each riding day.

Unfortunately it is a lot of place names...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:24 pm

It's totally fine, and totally makes sense - I just haven't had the headspace to pay that much attention recently! Thanks for bearing with all the questions :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:46 am

Well, I don't like the looks of that...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:40 am

So, I think we've found out what Kroshav's mount is gonna be. XD
Or people who read everyone's stuff have, at least.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 am

Lol! That would be glorious hahaha!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:07 am

I know I am rooting for Lurn!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:25 pm

To be fair, "Person who can convey intentions to plants and animals alike" does sound like it fits the unicorn's interests, but the whole "Doesn't understand anything about plants" part doesn't. :p
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Jaq seems like he is wholly interested in being focused only on Ves' and Jolly's job...well, that is only cause none of the side-stories interest him yet. He might not be so focused if something comes up that interests him. Then he might be more of a pain to Ves' time line. :) Fair warning Thinks.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Huh. I thought we did, at least with the first back of bandits near the start. Maybe i misremembered. I'm sure we can find one sooner or later.
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Dlover wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:25 pm To be fair, "Person who can convey intentions to plants and animals alike" does sound like it fits the unicorn's interests, but the whole "Doesn't understand anything about plants" part doesn't. :p
Kroshav knows even less about plants... and well, less about everything. All INT skills are -2 across the board...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:20 pm

NotStickFigures wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:13 pm Jaq seems like he is wholly interested in being focused only on Ves' and Jolly's job...well, that is only cause none of the side-stories interest him yet. He might not be so focused if something comes up that interests him. Then he might be more of a pain to Ves' time line. :) Fair warning Thinks.
I mean, Jolly's the one paying Ves to take her to the ruins. If Jaq wants to go somewhere else, he's welcome to go do his own thing but Ves probably won't be waiting for him :P

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Ya, Kroshav probably mistakes colorful rocks as plants. Suspect he got dropped on his head when he was an egg.

To be fair, Jolly isn't paying Ves nearly what she is worth for the trip, if anything Joe is the main backer.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:39 pm

That's fair. She'll pay more attention to Joe then! I think I skimmed how much she's actually earning for her services in all this, since it is ostensibly happening for OOC Plot Reasons and is a way to keep the band together :lol:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Thank Ves for that... She is making about a gold a day from Jolly with the original travel estimate. I would place that at under half what she would expect, not even considering the extra risk of going so deep into the forest.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Fair enough then, I'm clearly a poor guide-manager!

We're planning to leave the horses here is that right?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:57 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 pm
Dlover wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:25 pm To be fair, "Person who can convey intentions to plants and animals alike" does sound like it fits the unicorn's interests, but the whole "Doesn't understand anything about plants" part doesn't. :p
Kroshav knows even less about plants... and well, less about everything. All INT skills are -2 across the board...
Well then, clearly the prerequisite for unicorns deciding we have innocent hearts is being too dull to be anything else. :p
My game:

My characters: