PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:43 am

Haley, Bjorn

"That will work! Hopefully one of em will contact me! As for holding it off to the future...no. It might be too late when it's the future. We can't just put it off. It needs to be stopped. We can't nust put off fighting it."

"Well... Just don't get too invested, kid."

---

Haley tries to pick up Amber, and melts her arms off., but it's... Pretty obvious a literal fire slug is probably not exactly made for that. She seems pretty happy regardless, though.

"No you're right. Lets put the ice-cream on ice, and sort out this thing."

"Good idea." Luna states, leaning in to whisper something. "Then we can get that icecream when it is only the two of us."

"Haley, have you contacted anyone? Alex knows about this, shall we try him? He may have talked to the others. Oh and don't forget, you wanted to trade a snorunt for something. Wanna do that now while we wait to hear from the others, or later?"

While the two trainers discuss and talk about what pokemon could be traded, seemingly postponing it for now, conversation turns back to who they should meet concerning the McGuffin of probably uncountable value in a city filled with thugs. The decision is eventually made to go meet with Alex- And Luna seems glad that Bjorn is willing to take over the box for a while... It's not as heavy as it looks, or rather should be at least, but still carries a significant weight with it.

Alex, Izzy

Alex and Izzy eventually find a spot that seems clear enough to do some training, and any would be thugs having issues with the spot they picked, reconsider when they see Kay flying about. Izzy offers the payment of an Iron, and Alex gets to work, starting a tutoring session that might take a hour... It ends up interrupted partway through, however, at least briefly- Haley calling, concerning that little thing the otherwise impulsive girl seems smart enough to not mention out loud over the phone.

Bruce

Wha... Who are you?

"I'm a damned angel, obviously." the man who if he were truly an angel would make one wish to not go to heaven says. Despite his sarcastic answer however, he does offer a hand to help him up- His grasp solid as he's helped upwards, and he pets Aggy who did try her best to stop and/or slow him down... The man that is now behind him obnoxiously stating it was him that stopped him.

So, did you guys find anything cool?

"We didn't leave you to go look so no we've not found anything beyond this guy."

"Yeah, we probably couldn't even if we wanted to... We'd have to literally step over you with how small this place is..!"

"Ain't no damn treasure anyways! Unless you consider a place that smells like hell and got pokemon that'd tear you to pieces a treasure!"

"We should probably go anyways. If we stick around too much longer, we're not gonna get back to the city in time."

Koa, Irene

"Ya'know... to be honest, I heard you owe a lot to some bad folks and you're probably trying to skin me..."

"Wha- Eh, now, I don't mean to... Not exactly-"

"But... 800 each, yeah? I'll take 'em both."

The man pauses, clearly not expecting that answer, just silently standing for moment at a loss of word... Not helped by Irene's own contribution.

"Is that what's bothering you?"

"I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but you probably spent a lot of money on creating an environment for those trees. It's not much, but hopefully even a little more helps."

The man takes a look at the money, realizing he actually got a tip... And for just a moment, almost looks like he's going to get sentimental, before giving a big, somewhat goofy grin as he quickly turns around.

"Well... Let me get you that special case order as fast as I can! Meanwhile for you sir, two lock cases." he speaks, moving the two cases from their display pokeballs, though pausing for a moment as he looks over another part of the box... Eventually calling out as he turns around.

"Actually, how about you both take one of those? Whichever you might like." he says, pointing out a small collection of a different variety of pokeballs. "I craft those from my apricorns, so it's no loss to me, really. Well... No real loss at least, besides potential income maybe, but..." he trails off, not finishing his sentence as he shoves the box slightly in the trainers direction, as it seems to contain level balls, moon balls, friend balls, fast balls and love balls

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:35 pm

"Oh! Uh, I mean, if you're sure," Koa says as he looks over the pokeballs, not about to complain about 'free' stuff. He'll pick out a Fast ball for himself, as he'd imagine a captive god-pokemon to be pretty quick.

A thought occurs to Koa, as he remembers the incomplete Master Ball in his possession. Maybe this Alistair guy could get it working, at least a little better if not fix it completely? Of course, the guy has debts to pay, so it probably wouldn't be the best idea to wave around a prize like that to the guy after Koa just met him, even if he seems alright.

"So how do you put these things on?" Koa asks, deciding to put off the Master Ball topic for now as he considers his newly-acquired Fast ball and Lock Case, hefting one in each hand.
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:49 pm

For a moment, Bruce considers pressing on. Pokemon strong enough to pull him apart definitely seems like a treasure to him. But he's in no condition to continue spelunking, and they should get back soon.

Yeah, alright, Bruce says rubbing his head.Let's go back to the city.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:20 pm

If Alex has enough of a clue about where he is to tell Haley how to get to them he will, otherwise he'll just have to ask her to wait at the pokecenter. And, of course, he's not going to stop working with Kay.

When he finishes with the call, and while he's working with Kay, Alex gestures Izzy over, judging an open space like this where even he can confirm there's nobody nearby to be good for subtle conversations. "So, this seems like an ideal time to tell you, our group found something pretty important. Something we don't want our enemies to have. We've been trying to work out what to do with it. All we can think of is trying to convince Jack to guard it, though, but for that we need to speak to him in a less clearly observed place. I've got a meeting with him lined up tomorrow, thanks to one of his... 'employees'. But until then, it will need to be protected."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:29 pm

As Haley waits near the center, she goes into the mart to try to find some salty treats and look at the tm selection for today. (Unless ,Alex gives her accurate description, which then she'll pick up a treat for Amber on her way there)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:20 am

Oh! Thank you, I know this is a tough city, but I hope things go well for you. Irene almost grabs a friend ball before pausing the only pokemon she had caught without befriending was Striker, and even the other ones came from trades... She finally picks up a moon ball instead.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:49 am

Bjorn waits with Haley and Luna, not suggesting any other alternatives to Luna while Haley is around. He buys some pokemon food from a nearby mart and makes sure all his mons have a feed.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:11 pm

Koa

Koa holds some internal deliberations, but doesn't spill them out, probably quite wisely, yet.

"So how do you put these things on?"

"Oh, right, let me demonstrate again, you probably didn't get a proper look. See these latches here..? If you press down on them..." he states, demonstrating again and giving Koa a chance to do it himself and make sure he can master it. It becomes evident quite fast that they seem designed to be quickly taken off, while putting them on requires just a bit more effort. Both could be done relatively fast, but removing it could be done in one swell swoop without too many issues...

Bruce, (Drake)

Yeah, alright. Let's go back to the city.

The trainers seemingly in agreement, they turn around, now with the hobo in the back, upwards on the slope... Luckily getting back to flatter, more navigeable territory before another accident happens. Once through the opening they had created again, the strange man seems to give just the barest glance at the trainers... Before seeming intent to stomp off down one of the paths without even sparing a world, as Jeremy calls out.

"W-Wait! You... We're just leaving..? With no explanation for... This?"

"Ah, fine. I guess you damned kids want an answer, huh..? If ya insist." the man says, spreading his arms wide and above him. "I am a mighty god..! Here I tread in these mountains, and watch from high above, choosing who I shall save, and who shall perish under my divine might! Bow before me, foolish mortals, for I have deigned to let you live your life on this blessed day!"

There is a pause... And then Isabella speaks up. "So... You're a crazy hermit living in the mountain."

"Bah, crazy!" the man spits on the ground. "Yeah, I ain't no god you dolt, but I ain't crazy either! I don't blend in well with you fancy folk that I'll admit, I fare just fine out here on my own. I don't need no damned city where even the damned buildings try to fill your head with lies... It won't trick me..!" he scoffs, seeming to glare at the trainers for just a moment.

"At the same time, I don't want a bunch of stupid teenagers to go and die and bring all sorts of stupid attention here... Now, scram already! Don't ya go and hurt yaself while I'm not there to drag your ass back out tha mud, ya hear?!"

With that, the crazy guy stomps off for real, down the passageway leading up the trainers had let go in favor of the hellish descent... And while briefly sharing thoughts about how crazy this adventure was, head back towards the outside. The path was still cleared from before, and soon they were back outside, from which it did not take long to get back to the city, the sky beginning to turn dark.

Alex, Haley, Bjorn, Izzy

Bjorn and Haley soon meet up with Alex and Izzy, while they are training - Haley buying some quick treats on route, and checking out... The rather lackluster TM selection in the pokemart.

Code: Select all

20 Safeguard - 1000
25 Thunder - 5100
57 Charge beam - 2300

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:09 pm

Haley frowns at the selection and goes to the box and fishes out the snorunt, putting Jackie temporarly in there.

"I would like the sewaddle. It's already grass type so it complements my style."
Haley is trading a lv 22 Female Hardy snorunt that has Ice body and winter's kiss.

(I'm feeling a bit better now)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:16 am

Bjorn trades for a Level 11 Docile Female sewaddle with Designer. He hands his new snorunt, Wraith, the dawn stone he won from Eliza.

"Thanks! I know you'll take good care of her!"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:47 am

"Your welcome.~ I'll take care of her as well.~" Haley boops the nose os the sewaddle. "Your such a cutie.~ Why don't you use your ability to make a fire and flying resistant coat so I don't have to worry about you?"

(Once Haley knows there's an actual threat she'll change it back to Jackie so it doesn't get hurt/killed)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Koa thanks Alistair and wishes him luck with his collector problem, before stepping outside and glancing to the sky, wondering how late it's gotten. Hopefully everyone's done with whatever they're doing. Who knows how much longer until the mystery show starts?

He sends a text to all the trainers (except Haley and Bruce).

Code: Select all

Everyone good? Lets meet up and chat before it gets late. We should check out Drakes book too!
With that sent, he'll go to wherever everyone decides to meet up.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:40 am

Everyone

After everyone finishes up their respective business- Be it having their pokemon healed, or finishing the tutoring lesson, finally everyone agrees to meet up. By this point it's already starting to get dark, and the streets seem to have emptied somewhat... Making it not too hard to find a spot that seems secluded enough to perform an arcane ritual no one is meant to see. As there'd be two points on the agenda- That which is supposed to happen tonight, and the box that was yet to be dealt with. There seemed to be a plan as to deal with that now...

Though they'd have to figure out how to deal with the two newcomers first, perhaps. Joined by Alex and Bjorn seemed to be a girl that excitedly introduces herself as Haley- While Bruce apparently took it upon himself to stick with the rest of the group, for now...

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:13 am

Drake is more than happy to get back while he tally up his dowsing success during the cave adventure. They might not have found anything special but at least not going away empty handed. He's amused by the fact that almost half of the shards are violet and poison/ghost/dark typed.

He then heads back with the others to find Koa.

Total dowsing attempt: 30d6 = [6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1] = 12 shards
Extra shards: 3d6 = [4, 3, 3] = 1 for a total of 13
Shard types: 13d6 = [6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1]
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:38 am

"Haley already knows about the Spark, and she's been present for some... Very strange things. Plus, she knows what this is. Hiding things from her at this point wouldn't serve any point. What about the new guy?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:11 am

Man, it felt like years since everyone's been grouped up like this, even if it's only been a few days! He greets everyone with a big grin. "Bjorn, Luna, it's been a while! How's it feel to stretch your legs again?" He asks the latter. "Hope you're not bingeing on all the new junk foods we got?"

Then Alex gets right to business, introducing his new friend.

"Oh, uh, hi!" Koa greets, unsure. "Haley, you said? Well... sure, the more the merrier, I guess," he shrugs and sighs, a bit too exasperated to be paranoid right now.

Speaking of, Koa points a thumb to the 'new guy.' "This is Bruce. He hasn't seen anything too crazy, but I think he's about to, yeah? It should be OK, I think he wants to see this Red Hand business through, at least, since they tried stealing his pokemon."

"But before all that, we should take a look at Drake's book and drop off Luna's package, yeah? Normally that'd mean we can't use the book for a while after, but it sounded like that Spark guy had something in mind?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 am

"Hiiiii!~ So you think it's okay to show them what we saw then?" Haley looks at Alex for confirmation before she pulls out her dex and shows them a picture of Necrozma attacking Singularity.

"I showed it to Jack and he said something about someone was able to take it's captives away from it?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:25 am

Upon seeing the picture of those crystalline hands, Koa shudders, a chill running through him as he all but recoils from the reminder.

"Y-...yeah. Yeah, that's the big guy, alright. But what's this about captives? I mean I caught one of his kids, and he was... pretty mad about that," he says with another shudder. "Bruce caught one, too, and that's why he's here."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:32 am

"Well...I mean he ruins planets and any survivours he alters and make them follow him. Sounds like captives to me. ....It's not his children."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:23 pm

"Oh yeah, Cogs showed me some images of those other worlds. Pretty freaky. I think one of them was actually Kinhe's home?"

"How'd you find out about that? Sparky?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:00 pm

"Cogs? Kinithe? Can I see them? Oh! Uh no sparky didn't show me, Singularity did...before most of her got destroyed. I got the rest of her with me and she can give us more info though she's not as knowing now?

I feel bad for the worlds...but there might be a way to contain or stop it?"

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:16 pm

"Have things really been so chaotic this past week being kidnapped by psychic powers is already considered not too crazy?" Irene chimes in. Shaking her head she continues You seemed to have good synergy with us Bruce, hopefully this doesn't make you think we're too insane or crazy.

Side note Shock has razor claw in case I've forgotten to mention

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:33 pm

"To clear up a bit of what this wildchild is saying, Singularity was a supercomputer in an old research facility, seemingly owned by the old League, run by ex-members of Team Plasma. It's job was to work out the name of that "big guy", which is apparently important for stopping it, but also as soon as it's said, written, or typed, he shows up to annihilate anything that could have heard or read it. That's where the box comes in. Turns out touching it hurts him. A lot. Buuut, it's too important to carry around just in case anyone says that name. It was also the core of Singularity, from what I understand."
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:12 am

Bjorn nods in Alex's direction. "Yeah, what he said!"
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:58 pm

"You guys found that place, too, the one with the big ship? Huh, Spark has to be helping you out, then. We didn't find any supercomputer, but... I guess we didn't need to. No reason for Spark to mention it, yeah?"

"I dunno what a computer thinks about Kinhe or the others, though. I mean, how would it know the big guy didn't just make 'em?" Koa speculates, though his brow starts to crease in doubt. He hoped that was the case, and Kinhe wasn't some poor alien mutant he'd inadvertently liberated. Koa hadn't asked her much about her origins, but it didn't seem like she used to be a regular person of some kind?

"Well anyway, you guys found the box there, yeah? We should get to putting that away," he says, with another glance at Drake.