PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:11 am

Drake will whisper to the two in front of him while Bruce does his best Alex impression.

"Uhhmm guys, there seems to be a trainer behind us.. Granted there seems to be something weird about him/her. Was it similar to how James was weird?"

He'll ask the last bit to Ghos.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Completely oblivious to almost everything, Bruce keeps on trecking.

Bruce Per=8
Bruce Athletics=5
Aggy Per=4
Aggy Athletics=5

► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 am

Dote sends forth another Razor Leaf barrage, and if the scraggy is still standing Bjorn will flash the lights to blind it.

Razor Leaf (AC = 16; Damage = 38)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:42 am

Haley

Jackie hits with a shockwave, doing heavy damage... In return, it bites for 43(32) damage.

2 lights remaining
Jackie(18) 35/67
sandile(18/15) KO
murkrow(16) recalled
houndour(15) KO
Buttercup(15) 32/56 recalled
Mightyena(14) heavily injured
Archie(11) recalled
Sableye(5) KO
Cushion(2) recalled

Bjorn

Dote strikes another hit, but the Scraggy is still standing, barely... And tries to retaliate with a headbutt, but misses!

"I've been having bad luck with those flashes..."

Lights remaining: 3
Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) KO
Sandile(18/14) KO
Dote(17) 74/94
Sting(16) KO
Tank(16/12) recalled
Murkrow(16) injured, recalled
Houndour(15) recalled
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5) badly injured

Drake, Bruce

Bruce plans on just continuing his walk as if nothing had happened... Or would have, assuming he'd get the chance. His Foongus isn't fast enough to puff up and root down to intercept Bruce sliding down, and the trainer instead bowls him over as he slides down..! This wouldn't be the end of the world, as he'd just need to slow his fall down, if it weren't also for the fact he was already on very low health... And hitting his head for 10 HP, is knocked out as he continues sliding down..!

"Fuck! What do we do?!" Isabella yells, trying to rush ahead without tripping herself, Bruce's body taking the lead as the passage is too narrow and steep to navigate efficiently... Unless you're sliding down, apparently. Jeremy meanwhile goes wide-eyed at Drake's comment of a trainer behind them, stammering something, before falling silent... Ghos confirms that it's NOT something like the bug person they've met, with perhaps just a bit of hesitancy. He might find out soon enough however, as now the footsteps seem to be sprinting toward them...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:45 am

Jackie counters the bite, resisting the damage and giving it back to the Mightyena!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:16 am

Haley

The attack is resisted, and countered..! It's almost enough to knock out the Mightyena, but a bit of added pain resistance is just enough to keep it on it's toes... It comes in with another bite for 40(29) damage!

2 lights remaining
Jackie(18) 22/67
sandile(18/15) KO
murkrow(16) recalled
houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) badly injured
Archie(11) recalled
Sableye(5) KO
Cushion(2) recalled

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:25 am

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Haley

Jackie knocks out the mightyena before it can attack again.

Next is a scraggy.

2 lights remaining
Jackie(18) 22/67
sandile(18/15) KO
murkrow(16) recalled
houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
Archie(11) recalled
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5)
Cushion(2) recalled

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Koa checks again to see what time it is and considers whether he time for one more things, before whatever's supposed to happen happens.... Well, he supposes if anything happens, one part of Murkoff is as likely as any other to be near the action.

"Hey, you guys wanna come with me someplace quick? A guy at the market says there's a pokeball seller up near the factory, some guy called Alistair? I wanted to see if he had any of those case things ya put on your pokeballs."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Haley, seeing what is going on, recalls Jackie and sends out Archie high up in the air.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:58 pm

"Well I needed some luck, given how much my mons have been missing!"

Dote (hopefully) finishes off with a Bug Bite.

Bug Bite (AC = 18; Damage = 38)
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:05 am

"Can you see if he's bleeding? They are running towards us now.."

Drake doesn't make a move towards Bruce, but rather brace himself for potential impact, Ghos ready to intercept if there is a normal, ground or fighting attack aimed at Drake, otherwise ready to hypnotize whoever it is.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:07 am

Haley

While the ceilings are relatively low, Archie is still high enough to be well out of range of the scraggy- Realizing this, Jack recalls it, and the Murkrow is sent back out.

2 lights remaining
Jackie(18) 22/67 recalled
sandile(18/15) KO
murkrow(16)
houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
Archie(11)
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5) recalled
Cushion(2) recalled

Bjorn

"Oh, yes- That, I won't discredit you."

The scraggy is knocked out- The houndour is sent back out in response.

Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) KO
Sandile(18/14) KO
Dote(17) 74/94
Sting(16) KO
Tank(16/12) recalled
Houndour(15)
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5) KO

Koa

Koa addresses the others, to... Find that they've apparently fallen asleep? Well, that was quick... Worst comes to worst, he can probably quickly investigate by himself- Not like it'd be dangerous, right..?

Drake, (Bruce)

While Bruce continues sliding down, Drake turns back around, ready to cover their rear from whatever guy is coming from behind them, calling out as he does.

"Can you see if he's bleeding? They are running towards us now.."

"I can't tell! I think he hit his head?!" Isabella calls out, continuing to try and catch up... As Drake meanwhile sees the guy that was pursuing them come out of the dark, and now he figures why Ghos was confused.

The man appears rather grizzled. A long, dark and unkempt beard, wrapped up slightly in an old dusty scarf. Joined by the fact he seems to be wearing some protective, slightly broken goggles, and a wool cap, not much of his face is to be seen... And the rest of him is rather hidden as well, as he seems decked out to the nines in heavy, if perhaps time-worn clothing and equipment. A heavy coat, thick set of pants, heavy boots, gloves and a backpack slung over his shoulder, while in his right hand he appeared to be holding a coil of rope. Following him several feet behind there seemed to be that mismagius that had ran away earlier...

It wasn't the fact that the man was so dressed that it might have confused Ghos, of course... Instead, it was the strange appearance that was over his entire body- As the man appeared almost slightly translucent, a shadowy aura seeming to wrap around him and his clothing.

(It doesn't seem like the guy is attacking, but he IS heading straight towards you and apparently not stopping- What would Drake do..?)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

"Blind it! Archie, Ancientpower!"
url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... 69&macid=0]Physical Ancient power [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3 [2d8+33] = 8+33 = 41 defeatist bonus [2d6] = 9[/url] Annnd miss
(Archie has a bonus speed of +5 due to early bird)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm

"Maybe... just one of you guys can come along?" Koa asks again. "This town's kinda rough, yeah? Even more with those Red Hand guys out and about, and what's about to go down."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:58 pm

Alex stretches as he snaps out of his daze, "Oh, sure. I'll come along. It's definitely better if nobody's alone."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:01 am

Not willing to risk such a strong type disadvantage, Bjorn switches Dote for Tank.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 am

"Count me in too, fretting about won't be doing us any good." Irene pipes up getting up and stretching herself joining the group.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:56 am

Izzy, who was totally paying attention this entire time, also agrees to join Koa in his trip.

As they're heading over to wherever this "Alistair" lives, she sidles up alongside Alex and clears her throat.

"Soooo....you're going with Pokemon, right? Training them, helping them learn, stuff like that. But have you ever had to deal with a really...difficult one, before?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Haley

Haley again blinds the enemy by loudly declaring so... And also pushing the convenient button next to her. The murkrow seems to win initiative and go first however... But misses just as Archie does!

1 lights remaining
Jackie(18) 22/67 recalled
sandile(18/15) KO
murkrow(16)
Archie(16/11)
houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) KO
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5) recalled
Cushion(2) recalled

Bjorn

Dote is recalled for Tank, as Jack tries the risky strategy of poisoning it with smog- The attack only does 33(6) damage, and fails to poison!

On his turn he then switches for his mightyena.

Grunt(22/14) KO
Pyre(21/18) KO
Sandile(18/14) KO
Dote(17) 74/94 recalled
Sting(16) KO
Tank(16/12) 79/85
Houndour(15) recalled
Mightyena(14)
Sableye(5) KO
Scraggy(5) KO
► Show Spoiler
Koa, Izzy, Alex, Irene

As Koa speaks up again, the others finally seem to snap out of their daze, and all agree to join him to go and check out this supposed pokeball seller. Following rather vague directions, they soon find themselves between smaller alleys in what one would call Junkrat territory, in the North-Western part of town. There seems to be the occasional odd glance of locals, but no questions, or particular shady characters eyeing them up... They only find they've not been misled when they spot a rather hastily painted, and somewhat hidden pokeball sign in one of the smaller alleys- In a small apartment street, up a set of stairs that are covered by the surrounding buildings on either side, making for a building that is somehow only ten meters total in width. Presumably, the trainers ring the bell, not seeing any other method... And after a short wait, a voice comes through the intercom, sounding squeakish, almost as if coming from a rat rather than a person.

"Who's there? Are you of Richard's men? If it's about the money, I'm... I'm not here! Erm... Please leave your message after the beep! Beep, beep, beep..."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Koa pauses to consider the strange answer at the door... oh right! The guy at the market said Alistair was in deep with some debt collector. Well, it shouldn't be too hard to get in then, right?

"Hrm... well I was hoping to see this Alistair guy. I bought some pokeballs at the 'market', and he said Alistair had way better stuff than he did! I was thinking of maybe buying something? But if he's not here...."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Alex laughs slightly at Izzy's question, "Mercury, my Skarmory, was trouble. Too proud to follow orders, wound up stabbing be countless times on the way back from the mountain - though that's because someone decided it was a bright idea to tie be to his back. If it's control you're having trouble with, there are some tricks. First is a commanding presence; while you give orders, you display a confidence that shows you know what you're doing. You give instructions that make sense. If it's possible, leave the alternatives to following your instructions as idiocy. They're willful, but still smart. If following your instructions is regularly the smartest thing to do, eventually they'll get used to that. Though, you still have to have the force to demand that intelligence of them." Shrugging, Alex twirled his cane slightly, "There are always alternatives, though. If you can't put the necessary command into your voice, convince them that your guidance will help them, show them that you're strong enough to deserve their respect."

---

Just keeping quiet at the pokeball place.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:11 pm

"Blind it again. Last chance Archie hit it where it hurts!"
Ancient power [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15 [2d8+33] = 8+33 = 41 defeatist [2d6] = 6 total 47 super effective dmg.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:21 am

Drake stands ready to equally brace against impact and catch him as he signals Ghos to use hypnosis on him.

Ghos hypnosis: 1d20 = [14] = 14
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:05 pm

Tank uses this opportunity to run up and use a Stomp attack.

Stomp(AC = 8; Damage = 30)

(As well as however many metres you think were travelled between the two as an additional bonus damage due to Run Up. I assume she moved 6m but not sure where the mightyena was sent out.)

The next turn, if there is no switching then Tank will open with Chip Away.

Chip Away (AC = 7; Damage = 31)

(No damage reduction; will use 1 AP if this is missing.)
► Show Spoiler