► Show Spoiler
sketches of panel 1, and panels 9,10
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: 05 November 2018: Whew

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 am

Yet. That looked like it had to have hurt. Idle isn't the tankiest of adventurers. Unless Forgath pulls a "Minmax Saving Kin in the Maze of Many In The Forest" I think she's in some trouble. Forgath can't fit into that hole...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:29 am

And he may not have heard the "Gasp!" of Idle, since he seemed to be rather far away.
He may not know she's in danger...

Never Finishes Anyth
Mutters to Themself

Post by Never Finishes Anyth » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:10 am

Ouch. I guess stopping right under that vent hole wasn't the wisest move she could've made.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:43 am

Krulle, I think you mean "he may not know she's hurt". He was plenty concerned about her being in danger last we saw him.

Forgath's stone-sense is about to pay off, at least to find Idle and tear open a hole big enough for himself when Buzz is dead.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

drekhan
Remains Silent

Post by drekhan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:45 am

Panel 3, fan service?

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am

I wonder if Buzz can consume the transformation magic Idle was exposed to, since it was warped by eating the Racist Axe. Maybe it wants to be warped even more?

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am

So question, have we seen any Klik besides Junior do the expanding trick (i.e. stab you with something then have that something explode into a million spikes or a big blade)?
drekhan wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:45 am Panel 3, fan service?
Eh... IMO Thunt has no history of such a thing and I don't see that starting now. I think he's just drawing it as it would be with her skimpy outfit (which he's never purposefully drawn attention to before).

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 am

Thunt did comment on Idle's outfit on twitter:

So, the skimpy outfit is on purpose, but there's no sexuality meant to be involved.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:00 am

So I'd say while the Klik wasn't able to reach her at the distance she had reached on Panel 5 already, unless she had turned around, she had no way of knowing that. She's running from a big scary creature that wants to kill her, so to some extent it's logically that she crawls in as far as she can. Or perhaps she missed a spot check for that little hole. :shrug:

I've never seen a rock/boulder being shaped that way IRL, but a) I admittedly don't pay very much attention to rocks/boulders or even caves and b) IRL there's no such thing as e.g. worms of that size that burrow through sheer rock and/or shape-changing magic (someone of that size with magic abilities - or, much more simple, a pick - might have wanted to have a hidey-hole and thus created it). I find the little roof/ledge that Idle places her hand on in panel 2 especially interesting.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Rooks wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am So question, have we seen any Klik besides Junior do the expanding trick (i.e. stab you with something then have that something explode into a million spikes or a big blade)?
Eh... IMO Thunt has no history of such a thing and I don't see that starting now. I think he's just drawing it as it would be with her skimpy outfit (which he's never purposefully drawn attention to before).
Weeellll...there was the time he drew Fox after her clothes became invisible. But yes, I don't think that was to titilate the readers with dem sweet, sweet goblin boobs.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Rooks wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 amSo question, have we seen any Klik besides Junior do the expanding trick (i.e. stab you with something then have that something explode into a million spikes or a big blade)?
Senior is the only other klik we've seen do any fighting at all. In fact, that Junior learns so quick how to kill with such efficient grace is undoubtedly why the inexperienced like Senior aren't allowed to sploog on wounds: they don't know how to make kids that don't strike out on their own; and any klik that does when their food is literally the blood of the innocent, (and guilty alike) they become extremely deadly.

Lightning Lance
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Lightning Lance » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:21 pm

It doesn't look like it's negative is stone.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:42 am

This is the second time a animal featured goblin female has been injured in her gut after a wierd horrible Klick has pointed sharp stabby things at her hidden from above.

Shall we assume a dude with cursed hands will deal with the Klick, getting injured in the process next?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 am

Krulle wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 am Thunt did comment on Idle's outfit on twitter:

So, the skimpy outfit is on purpose, but there's no sexuality meant to be involved.
Funny. I think she is one of the characters whoms sexuality has been the most developed so far. We know Mitten-Min-Max is cursed to have sex or die, but we get to know it from her, as well as her attitude towards it. The only other person we had talk about "sex" is as far as I recall The Goblinslayer. But that was for chock value.

We have a few talking about their preference, but not much about the act itself.

Thunt may have made her as a reaction towards the trope. But he explored that trope a few times already. Reverting it with Young and Beautiful, Doing a parady of it with the Drow, Saves a fox, tried and rejected it with Earthworm-Kin (and settled for sex-slave-Kin that breaks her own neck snuggingly in the maze of many), Honey-Mud-Babes, Falls-Over-Something-Stupid, and now latest with Floppy The Elfglin.

Interestingly he also does this thing with the mutilation of older women. Falls over something stupid is mutilated as well, but that is off camera. Kin got mutilated, but she was restored.

Whatever. He might not have meant anything, but there is plenty of meaning there anyways.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 am

Generic wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 amFalls over something stupid is mutilated as well...
There is no such character.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:31 am

Rooks wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am
That is the funniest thing I've read on this forum.

Jokes aside, what did she just crawl into? A cave that just so happens to be her exact size? And she did it with that should-be-dead tooth thing literally right there and it didn't 'grab' her?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:46 am

Idle jump good, I guess. As for the purpose of the hole, the idea that a creature dug it untold years ago sounds right to me.

Raza
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Raza » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Nice ass! Hope my favorite character will be alright, though. I'm into the gore, but once a day is plenty.
Krulle wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 am Thunt did comment on Idle's outfit on twitter:

I've said before he shouldn't feel the need to be apologetic about that, won't go deep into that again. What I will say is that I appreciate it, intended or not!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:08 am

Just like I love to see beautiful ladies wearing nice dresses out on the street.
I appreciate the view, but it does not give me the right to think anything about their inclination towards sexual encouters with me or anyone other.

It is good to be aware of a potentially problematic situation, but it can kill the story if you make that influence your decisions.

Hell, the discussion about Apu in the Simpsons is understandable, but if Apu had ever been a more complex character than the simplified stereotype he and all other characters are, I am sure the Simpsons would never have become so successful.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:37 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 am
Generic wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 amFalls over something stupid is mutilated as well...
There is no such character.
I know. Since she got 'et by Junior. Om-nom.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:46 am

Xavier78 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:31 am
Rooks wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:03 am
That is the funniest thing I've read on this forum.

Jokes aside, what did she just crawl into? A cave that just so happens to be her exact size? And she did it with that should-be-dead tooth thing literally right there and it didn't 'grab' her?
I've kinda come to expect these kinds of things. Most of the time characters stand on flat surfaces in front of voids, sometimes things appear that they interact with. This time some kind of burrow appeared in a forest, and... I guess she moved on her initiative? I don't know.

Also, the Klick janked it's pointy down there without covering the hole. Guess it knew beforehand where that hole led? Had it peeked down she would have seen it's shadow.

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 am

Odd decision to crawl into a hole instead of continuing to run.

She's lucky did didn't die right then and there crawling into hole, no way that was faster than scrambling further away.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:31 am

AXIS wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 am Odd decision to crawl into a hole instead of continuing to run.

She's lucky did didn't die right then and there crawling into hole, no way that was faster than scrambling further away.
The scene needed her to be somewhere where she thought she was safe and could get stabbed? It kind of looks like she was aiming for this...gnome mineshaft?... the way she landed just in front of it after jumping.

What even is that? Is it a boulder just sticking out of the plains with a tunnel in it?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:02 am

Maybe Klik thre Idle in that direction because it knew of the tunnel inside, and where it can reach for those hiding inside.
It may therefore have been a trap.