9th october 2018: Do a thing

Discuss the comic here!
Generic
Converses Frequently

9th october 2018: Do a thing

Post by Generic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 am

Looks like all of those trees would be pretty easy to digest.

Permalink: http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-23-2018
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

ForgetsKeys
Whispers Softly

Re: 9th october 2018: Do a thing

Post by ForgetsKeys » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:28 am

Eeesh, looks like Idle is going to lose her extra life right away. Hopefully it's an awesome spell (and it works).

I hope Forgath manages to do something. If this klik's body is made from soft wood, maybe a badger would be able to chew through it?

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:45 am

ForgetsKeys wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:28 am Eeesh, looks like Idle is going to lose her extra life right away. Hopefully it's an awesome spell (and it works).

I hope Forgath manages to do something. If this klik's body is made from soft wood, maybe a badger would be able to chew through it?
With all these bees about, it's a shame Forgath can't summon a honey badger.

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:15 am

Idle, about to be a badass. I like it. I'm hoping for something that goes boom.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:01 am

Dodge. Dodge. Block. Hit.. get smacked... get hooked.

I'm rooting for something badass to happen and levels to be awarded.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 am

The "Badger" might be the thing here.
So far we'be only seen "summon badger one" (lvl 1 spell)
Forgath leveled since then.
What kind of badger is lvl 2 spell "summon badger"?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 pm

Glemp wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:45 am
ForgetsKeys wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:28 am Eeesh, looks like Idle is going to lose her extra life right away. Hopefully it's an awesome spell (and it works).

I think those are wasps.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Krulle wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 amThe "Badger" might be the thing here.
You are remembering the spell wrong. Summon Monster 2 will be a different creature.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:41 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm
Krulle wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 amThe "Badger" might be the thing here.
You are remembering the spell wrong. Summon Monster 2 will be a different creature.
Larger levels could also mean more creatures of a lower level. Summon Monster II gives you 1D3 of whatever Monster you summon from Level 1. So, we could get up to 3 Nyung Nyung Nyung'ing Badgers.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Why do all* the monsters seem to go straight for Idle? The mud-tentacle monster grabbed her first, too, at least, and Bowst was just thrashed out of the way by the warped klik so it could turn its attention to her.

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Torrellyrus
Remains Silent

Post by Torrellyrus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm

You know what this Klick reminds me of?

Mr. Fingers

https://goblinscomic.com/comic/03252011

TheDarkTyger
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by TheDarkTyger » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:10 pm

....don't you dare permakill Idle, by the way. XD

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:07 am

Thanks for correcting me, BuildsLegos.

Memory failure, again.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:21 am

Generic wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 am Looks like all of those trees would be pretty easy to digest.

Permalink: http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-23-2018
I was about to say something like that. Clearly, the Klik has enough strength to splinter several trees with the force of its throw. What keeps it from shredding trees into easily digestible pieces with that strength? Kliks have been portrayed as rather gluttunous, so leaving food behind seems out of character for one of them.
GathersIngredients wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:22 pm Why do all* the monsters seem to go straight for Idle? The mud-tentacle monster grabbed her first, too, at least, and Bowst was just thrashed out of the way by the warped klik so it could turn its attention to her.

► Show Spoiler
Damsel in distress syndrome.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:13 am

Torrellyrus wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm You know what this Klick reminds me of?

Mr. Fingers

https://goblinscomic.com/comic/03252011
Brittle trees, tiny sharp things that come out of a larger bulb. A large gaping mouth in a eyeless head. This is not mr Fingers, it's the switchbeast.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:31 am

GathersIngredients wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:22 pm Why do all* the monsters seem to go straight for Idle? The mud-tentacle monster grabbed her first, too, at least, and Bowst was just thrashed out of the way by the warped klik so it could turn its attention to her.
Idle is now the second goblin-like woman with animal features (or parts hanging from belts) that has gotten her thigh penetrated by a sharp reachy twisted klik appendage.

Duv. You're next.
Last edited by Generic on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbrecken
Whispers Softly

Post by jbrecken » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:32 am

Generic wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 pm

I think those are wasps.
I believe they are termites, possibly this Klik's version of our gut bacteria, turning the wood into something it can digest.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:14 pm

That would explain the eating habits: it nibbles the bark off each new tree it finds and drops off a termite queen. It can then return to any previously visited tree to let the termites feed it.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:06 pm

That. Or trees are just really brittle in this comic for some reason. They are felled by one stroke of a sharpened hockey stick, they are ripped apart from a running barbarian and smashed by a... Er... Punches-his-own-face's spine.

But really. Could I feed by just stripping the bark off trees by the hundreds, I would not bother with the stem. What would a termite queen do next to a fresh naked log? Sit there and wait to be eaten by a bird?

Then again, these are thuntian trees and made out of... I was gonna say cardboard, but that is strong as well... meringue?

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:09 am

jbrecken wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:32 am
Generic wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 pm

I think those are wasps.
I believe they are termites, possibly this Klik's version of our gut bacteria, turning the wood into something it can digest.
They're wasps. You can see the stingers in the first page Buzz shows up in.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Generic wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:06 pmBut really. Could I feed by just stripping the bark off trees by the hundreds, I would not bother with the stem. What would a termite queen do next to a fresh naked log? Sit there and wait to be eaten by a bird?
Do you not know how termites nest? Having either an entourage of baby-fathers or been impregnated before leaving her birth-nest, (which is Buzzin' Woody in this case) she tunnels her way into the wood and starts a colony. And all this bark definitely CAN'T sustain Buzzin' Woody if he's this ravenous; being a klik isn't cheap. Going by Dies' pal, Salt, and Green Sprinkles as examples, they seem to eat a significant portion of their weight every day and Dies even explains as much while giving away his armor. Buzzin' Woody is bigger and will run out of tree bark eventually; but if the trees are infested with tiny chefs, that won't be problem.

Wolfie: Well, uh, they could be Thunt's original fusion of termite and wasp or hornet, yeah.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:42 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:19 pm
Generic wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:06 pmBut really. Could I feed by just stripping the bark off trees by the hundreds, I would not bother with the stem. What would a termite queen do next to a fresh naked log? Sit there and wait to be eaten by a bird?
Do you not know how termites nest? Having either an entourage of baby-fathers or been impregnated before leaving her birth-nest, (which is Buzzin' Woody in this case) she tunnels her way into the wood and starts a colony. And all this bark definitely CAN'T sustain Buzzin' Woody if he's this ravenous; being a klik isn't cheap. Going by Dies' pal, Salt, and Green Sprinkles as examples, they seem to eat a significant portion of their weight every day and Dies even explains as much while giving away his armor. Buzzin' Woody is bigger and will run out of tree bark eventually; but if the trees are infested with tiny chefs, that won't be problem.

Wolfie: Well, uh, they could be Thunt's original fusion of termite and wasp or hornet, yeah.
My guess is she arrive at some properly dead wood, and not at a stem just recently stripped of bark. I know she can chew through it eventually, but the birds are not going to sit around waiting for her to do so.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:26 am

Morgaln wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:21 am What keeps it from shredding trees into easily digestible pieces with that strength? Kliks have been portrayed as rather gluttunous, so leaving food behind seems out of character for one of them.
This is for regular kliks, but perhaps infected kliks behave differently - for example, they share their time between eating their positive and killing things (Junior can do both at the same time).

Starling
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Starling » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:21 am

What level is that thing? Considering it sent Bowst flying and then instantly crippled/rooted Idle, it's enough levels above them to pretty much one-shot them. Still, considering that it's made of wood, it could have one more weakness besides it's negative and that's fire. Of course, in our world, wood chipper would do nicely. :P

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:05 am

Starling wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:21 am What level is that thing? Considering it sent Bowst flying and then instantly crippled/rooted Idle, it's enough levels above them to pretty much one-shot them. Still, considering that it's made of wood, it could have one more weakness besides it's negative and that's fire. Of course, in our world, wood chipper would do nicely. :P
It would be kind of cool if it just killed them all outright. Forgath should have died jumping from that bridge anyways, and noone of the others have had any real impact on anything in the grand story. You could pretty much cut this part out and it would have made almost no difference so far.