Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 am

((Yeah, Korga would want to have as detailed notes as possible, for her own record as well as anything we might be 'turning in'.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Julius, tired of this place follows Olly. He says in a snarky tone "Okay, where to next? Some dangerous castle? A haunted forest? A sewer filled with refuse? Oh! What about a bottomless pit?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Olly doesn't pick up on the tone.

"There's a haunted forest!? That sounds awesome!!! Where is it? Did you see it in that screen thing?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Julius looks at Olly, pointing at him and seems like he is going to reply. "I-but-" Julius gives up and gives a sigh, head resting in his hand, he mutters under his breath. "Ay dios mio."

(Olly is amusing)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:42 am

((I like him :D ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:29 am

Korga gives them both an innocent look. "Lead the way to any of those, and I'll be sure to catalog them!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
The trio decide they've had enough of this place, with its weird emptiness, windy bridges over giant drops, and monster summoning. Heading back toward the entrance, Julius makes a rather snarky remark about finding unpleasant locations, which Olly in his boundless excitement takes literally, much to Julius' exasperation.

As they leave the cave, Julius and Korga get to enjoy the fresh air, while Olli notices something odd. As he approaches the cave's exit his arm begins feeling numb, as though he had been overworking it, and coming outside it tingles with pins and needles. The faint glow of the crystal fades rapidly, becoming dull. He can still feel the arm, but it's faint, similar to the numbness of exhaustion.

Loki
Looking over Mr Jules, Loki notices that he seems to be a relatively delicate man for somebody who would need to be involved in hard work, though at the same time anybody who handles objects with enchanted runes that can't afford to be damaged would by needs be delicate.
Jules shrugs to the question, "I'm not entirely sure. I was hired to fix some piping in his house, and the next day he was demanding I 'give it back.' If he were upset about badly done work I would have been willing to ensure I hadn't damaged anything, but there was nothing for me to return."
Tapping into Mr Jules' emotions, Loki picks up a strong sense of smug confidence.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:23 am

"Hey... My arm feels weird."

He starts shaking it and punching it gently, like he's trying to get the blood flowing again.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:24 am

Korga moves over to inspect the arm. "Hold still, if you clip me I'l be quite cross with you Olly.", she says in mock severity to cover her concern.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:39 am

He stops moving as much, although the weird feeling makes it difficult to resist flexing and clinching his fingers.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:42 am

"Weird how?", Korga asks, taking him by the forearm.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:48 am

"I dunno... Like tired and kind of numb. Like I overdid it climbing a rope too many times or or something. Except I didn't. Also it's needly."

He rubs at it again accent with his other hand trying to make the pins and needles go away.

((Does it feel hard or crystalline still?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:43 am

((It still looks and feels crystalline))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:49 am

Julius sighs and loks over it as well. "Must be something to do with getting away from the source. I am not sure how we are going to fix this, except possibly pricking your fingers again to release some more magic."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:10 am

Olly scowls at the suggestion.

"Well I don't want to live here..."

Once Korgas done, he'll experiment by walking further away from and towards the crystal to see if his hand gets better and/or worse as he moves.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:40 am

Korga has Olly close his eyes and prods, tickles and pokes his arm, trying to determine how numb it is.

"I'm going to hold your hand like this, push back as hard as you can? Ok, squeeze my hand." She tests for loss of wrist or grip strength.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:59 am

Olly does as he's told.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:31 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Olly quickly raises concerns about his arm, which Korga and Julius come to inspect. Olly rubs as his arm with discomfort, and follows Korga's instructions as she works on treating him, leading to the conclusion that his arm still has a fairly accurate sense of touch, being able to work out the general area that she touches.

The test of his strength has positive results, also, with his grip strength matching what should be expected of him. Korga does notice, though, that as she squeezes his hand it doesn't feel quite as hard as it had at first.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:17 am

Does it still feel crystalline after he stops squeezing?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:30 am

Mostly, just with a slight give to the surface.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:50 am

"It might be fading Olly, it doesn't seem quite as hard as before. It'll bear watching, but it's not like you can live in this cave forever... let me know as soon as anything changes about how it feels though, and I'll check it again when we make camp."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:52 am

"ok..."

Olly looks slightly miserable and tentatively follows the other two away from the cave, holding his arm out to the side like it might explode.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:55 am

Korga pats his arm in what she hopes is a comforting manner, doing her best to hide her own worry over her friend. Should it come to it, she's certain she could dis-articulate his elbow and remove the forearm, though her karambit isn't the ideal tool for the job. Should it spread beyond the elbow, getting things off cleanly at the shoulder would be a more difficult task. Certainly Julius could bind Olly, if not send him to sleep entirely, if the procedure is needed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Deciding there's little to do about the arm, the group continues their movement eastward, setting out at early afternoon. As they move, there seem to be less rocks projecting up from the ground, and the soil becomes softer underfoot. Trees begin cropping up in small patches, rather than being an occasional solitary growth.

Through this walk, Olly's arm begins to tingle a little more, then the sensation gradually fades over the course of hours, and after some time he can feel his elbow quite clearly, free of tingling and numbness.

At the sun sinks lower behind the trio, a mound become visible on the horizon, and drawing closer they can see that it's a single large stone, the surface worn smooth, with a large hole burrowing completely through from east to west, a rounded shape that reaches roughly as high as two men, and wide enough for two to walk abreast through it. It's not a particularly deep passage, though it reaches clean through the rock, with the falling sun's light clearly illuminating its length. Reaching the stone, they have roughly an hour left in the day.
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 pm

"Seems as good a place to any to camp... unless you're picking up anything odd Julius?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler