August 13, 2018 - Smells Like It!

Discuss the comic here!
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

August 13, 2018 - Smells Like It!

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:54 pm

https://goblinscomic.org/

I knew that's all Big Ears needed. Now I hope Thaco will say something to the effect of, "We're doing this for the serpent-girl, the human just wants it the most. DEAL with it."

URL for comic: https://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-19-2018 -RS
Last edited by RocketScientist on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adding correct URL
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: August 13, 2018 - Smells Like It!

Post by crow76308 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:19 pm

I agree.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Furthermore, It was previously lamented that we never got to see what those figures with the glowing orbs were all about. Well to free her, M'GAP now has that honor.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 pm

And I'm sure they'll have more work with getting past them than Kin did.
Seems like a trap.
One member of a party exploring, getting caught and unable to scream for help, making the rest of the party waste precious time finding out the party member needs help, and where it may be found.

Now let's hope when backtracking they won't encounter Kore, event hough ore should've fallen down somewhere deep, but so far that guy has shown a cunning ability to survive.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:58 pm

Krulle wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 pm And I'm sure they'll have more work with getting past them than Kin did.
Seems like a trap.
One member of a party exploring, getting caught and unable to scream for help, making the rest of the party waste precious time finding out the party member needs help, and where it may be found.

Now let's hope when backtracking they won't encounter Kore, event hough ore should've fallen down somewhere deep, but so far that guy has shown a cunning ability to survive.
Crack in wall added for fairness?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:42 am

Krulle wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 pm And I'm sure they'll have more work with getting past them than Kin did.
Seems like a trap.
You mean like: "Hey look, when I touch the blue orb, it changes color to red" ==> in the next room teeth start gnashing at an indestructible tail.... In a magically enforced room, no one can hear you scream...

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 am

Am I the only one a little creeped out by the hair sniffing thing? I'd understand it if MM and Kin were a couple that, uh, knew each other's bodies well, but the idea of MM smelling her hair while they were adventuring platonically is incredibly weird.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:31 am

Glemp wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 am Am I the only one a little creeped out by the hair sniffing thing? I'd understand it if MM and Kin were a couple that, uh, knew each other's bodies well, but the idea of MM smelling her hair while they were adventuring platonically is incredibly weird.
I'm sure that if she was standing in front of him, her scent would be easier to discern. However, the hair is small and could be mistaken for a thread, so sniffing it differentiates between the two.

What I find sweet is that he saved the hair in his Ring of Holding.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

TheOneThatGotAway
Whispers Softly

Post by TheOneThatGotAway » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 am

Wolfie wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:31 am
Glemp wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 am Am I the only one a little creeped out by the hair sniffing thing? I'd understand it if MM and Kin were a couple that, uh, knew each other's bodies well, but the idea of MM smelling her hair while they were adventuring platonically is incredibly weird.
I'm sure that if she was standing in front of him, her scent would be easier to discern. However, the hair is small and could be mistaken for a thread, so sniffing it differentiates between the two.

What I find sweet is that he saved the hair in his Ring of Holding.
Sure is sweet, but eeeeerm, where is he keeping it? See the first few panels? All fingers, no missing parts due to being inside the ring. So I posit the following: he's using it for his little gentleman...

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:48 am

Look closer at the panel before the ring appears.
BuildsLegos wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:04 pmGiven that you need to keep a finger in the ring to wear it, he probably has it in a pocket to better grip Oblivious no matter which hand he grabs it with.
Called it!

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:09 am

Minmax’s thirst is real

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:28 am

Remember that run carrying an injured Kin through a blazing forest, to save her life?

Well, Minmax sure does. It's not weird, it's a sign of how much he cares about her that he knows her scent instantly, instinctively. It may well also be part of them "seeing" each other.
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:21 pm

TheOneThatGotAway wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 am Sure is sweet, but eeeeerm, where is he keeping it? See the first few panels? All fingers, no missing parts due to being inside the ring. So I posit the following: he's using it for his little gentleman...
EWWWWWWW

I think he's probably just storing it in a pocket under the armor.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 pm

But then, what good is "calling it" when nobody answers.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:58 pm

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:HAHAHA!
jmc025 wrote:Bold new direction with Ears' armour there...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 pm But then, what good is "calling it" when nobody answers.
Good job on the call. I was reacting to the previous response of where MM might be keeping the ring...

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:35 pm

When you say the exact same thing that someone else already said without acknowledging them, you're making them feel worthless. 'Tis another brain-fart, sure.

About the gap in the GAP: I choose to believe this is Thunt's way of subtly referencing whichever Simpsons episode had a Village People cameo.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:02 pm

It wasn't my intent to make you feel worthless. His response elicited a reaction from me and I missed responding to you. My bad.

TheDarkTyger
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by TheDarkTyger » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Sorry, hung up on the "d'aww!" of Minmax crying when he confirms it's really her. Big, stupid, lunk of an adorable sweetheart.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Boy, this is really dragging on.

Also, MM sniffing the hair isn't cute, it is super creepy. Especially when you consider they have only been separated for a few hours, max, in his timeline.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:51 pm

I used to despise him, but when he threw Goblinslayer out the window, he became one of my favorite characters.

"He was being a dink!"

Another favorite quote of his was the line about him doing lots of dumber things.

I found it endearing, plus, it's a hair. Who knows whose hair it is, until he smelled it, and smelled her. It was actually pretty darn smart.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

aeonfluxgirl
Remains Silent

Post by aeonfluxgirl » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm

:oops: so happy they are going to get kin!!!

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:44 pm

I never understood why hair-sniffing is considered creepy except in regards to the invasion of personal space. If your hair smells nice, shouldn't that be a compliment? This isn't Kin's personal space, and our sense of smell is more strongly linked to memory than any other sense. When arguing with the goblins, he was going on semi-blind faith and borderline unreasonable hope; now he has the instinctual confidence that will lead to Kin's salvation.

That is, if solving the colored-ball puzzle will actually open the door. It'll be so Thunt if the door remains closed and only the mouth will open, thus prolonging the wait -for satisfaction of reunion and clarification- that sadistic story-tellers thrive on. And then when they finally get together at the exit, some combination of Kore, Junior, or FWIB will ruin it.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delphince
Remains Silent

Post by Delphince » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Dude's got one helluva good nose. That's just a single strand of hair. Even if it was dipped in ammonia, that would still be impressive.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:29 pm

As long as a scent is both familiar and distinct, our brains are able to identify even a faint whiff of it. Except for the disgusting losers who kill their own sense of smell because it's "their choice".