31 July, 2018--Could that be what I think it is?

Discuss the comic here!
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: 31 July, 2018--Could that be what I think it is?

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:44 pm

That it was far removed was apart of why I was, at risk of exaggeration, bothered; but you make a fair point.
Mindlink wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 pmIs it a hair strand though? To me it looked like the string that was attached to her collar, could she have managed to remove it? Or was that a different color?
Not only was it blue, it was also magic and therefore impossible to cut without a magic blade. But the real clincher is even if they used the Kinslayer or Oblivious, it's allegedly an explosive as well and the blast radius is probably the only lie there. Even without knowing to look for this particular page, you could just search through the archive to see how commonly appearing things look(ed). That's kind of what it's for.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 pm

PoisonSymic wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:23 pm
thinkslogically wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:10 pm
BuildsLegos wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:48 pm Just Karen, as the one to reference the term to begin with, maybe I don't need the entire life story of it? Red Feather was just making a reference too obscure to work is all, and now I'm wondering if there's any truth to Generic's confusing suggestion.
:lol: You know there's more people on here than just the three of you, right? I found the explanation illuminating - I wasn't aware of the term. It seems irrelevant to the comic, but there you go I guess. :roll:
I suspect that he's angry over the explanation because a transphobic term being explained in a calm, factual manner prevents him from attacking the explainer as an "oversensitive SJW".
That's uncalled for. Cut it out.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 pm

PoisonSymic wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:23 pmI suspect that he's angry over the explanation because a transphobic term being explained in a calm, factual manner prevents him from attacking the explainer as an "oversensitive SJW".
Far be it from me to presume that somebody is speaking to the person they quoted; I guess that makes me "alt-right" too, right? *Rude advise deleted; thank you, Generic.*

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:10 am

[mod="RocketScientist"]We're going to drop the controversial subject now. And everyone please refrain from passive aggressive remarks toward other users. Thank you.[/mod]

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:50 am

PoisonSymic wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:23 pm
thinkslogically wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:10 pm
BuildsLegos wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:48 pm Just Karen, as the one to reference the term to begin with, maybe I don't need the entire life story of it? Red Feather was just making a reference too obscure to work is all, and now I'm wondering if there's any truth to Generic's confusing suggestion.
:lol: You know there's more people on here than just the three of you, right? I found the explanation illuminating - I wasn't aware of the term. It seems irrelevant to the comic, but there you go I guess. :roll:
I suspect that he's angry over the explanation because a transphobic term being explained in a calm, factual manner prevents him from attacking the explainer as an "oversensitive SJW".
No anger at all. I was making a very tiny joke, which wasn't very funny in the first place, and which clearly failed in the execution. More than happy to drop it.

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:50 pm

Well, THAT was something.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:46 pm

What it was, I have no idea, but it was something.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

Formaltide
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Formaltide » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Not sure why I just noticed that Mixmax has different gloves on his hands after all this time. Is there a reason his fingers are sticking out on his left one or is it just for fashion?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:25 pm

I just took it as Thunt loving asymmetry, although it could allow Minmax to lose a finger(s) in the future.

crow76308
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by crow76308 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:26 pm

For some reason I thought it was for a bow. I know that's ridiculous, as he hasn't got a bow, but that's just what stuck in my mind.
Possum explicare vobis, sed Ego aliter comprehendere non illam tibi.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:26 am

When worn by a left-handed person, the exposed fingers would be the ones to grasp the arrow's tail. I can say from my experience with gloves, they always get in the way of feeling things. So you could be onto something, and maybe a part of the armor's magic allows the gloves to be switched somehow.

miados
Of Few Words

Post by miados » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:50 pm

So unsure if anyone else noticed or if it will even matter, but am I right in noticing that the tumbleblade has one of its light ups lit? Just curious is all.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:31 pm

You're correct, and we can see that Complains was forced into a tumble when Minmax pushed him.

miados
Of Few Words

Post by miados » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:25 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:31 pm You're correct, and we can see that Complains was forced into a tumble when Minmax pushed him.
Yeah but i thought that it was only on a successful check and to me it looks like he fell so i was surprised i suppose.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:48 am

Correct again, but this WAS a successful check, after being pushed. Complains capitalized on his loss of balance by tumbling, probably for the bonus to better threaten Minmax on the next page.

Takerial
Remains Silent

Post by Takerial » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 pm

BuildsLegos wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:44 pm That it was far removed was apart of why I was, at risk of exaggeration, bothered; but you make a fair point.
Mindlink wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 pmIs it a hair strand though? To me it looked like the string that was attached to her collar, could she have managed to remove it? Or was that a different color?
Not only was it blue, it was also magic and therefore impossible to cut without a magic blade. But the real clincher is even if they used the Kinslayer or Oblivious, it's allegedly an explosive as well and the blast radius is probably the only lie there. Even without knowing to look for this particular page, you could just search through the archive to see how commonly appearing things look(ed). That's kind of what it's for.
There is something that is green and stringy that has significant importance between the two of them.

https://goblinscomic.com/comic/09242010-2

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Takerial wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 pm
BuildsLegos wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:44 pm That it was far removed was apart of why I was, at risk of exaggeration, bothered; but you make a fair point.
There is something that is green and stringy that has significant importance between the two of them.

99% sure that was a vine

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Correction. There never was anything green and stringy with any importance between the two.

Takerial
Remains Silent

Post by Takerial » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Generic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:20 pm
BuildsLegos wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:44 pm That it was far removed was apart of why I was, at risk of exaggeration, bothered; but you make a fair point.Not only was it blue, it was also magic and therefore impossible to cut without a magic blade. But the real clincher is even if they used the Kinslayer or Oblivious, it's allegedly an explosive as well and the blast radius is probably the only lie there. Even without knowing to look for this particular page, you could just search through the archive to see how commonly appearing things look(ed). That's kind of what it's for.

Correction. There never was anything green and stringy with any importance between the two.
The string portion of the KEN necklace is shown to be green and stringy.

You know, the thing the same necklace that was dropped into oblivion.

And could explain why she is now coming after him if she recovered it and the memories.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Kin exposited when she first got here that she doesn't know the significance of the letters in her I.M.E., which is a clear indication that the necklace remains forgotten. She doesn't need memories of the gift, only of their shared pain as proof of true-sight.

Also, I distinctly remember we were all speculating what magic-using class she has taken up AFTER that page, which is an embarrassing lack of reading comprehension for all of us.

The necklace is also a darker shade of green, and we can tell from Minmax & Complains' I.M.E.s consistently being slightly different shades of purple that Thunt is a stickler for that.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:28 am

Takerial wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:27 pm
Generic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:20 pm

The string portion of the KEN necklace is shown to be green and stringy.

You know, the thing the same necklace that was dropped into oblivion.

And could explain why she is now coming after him if she recovered it and the memories.
Yes. The necklace was green and stringy. This is a strand of hair though.

If she recovers the necklace and or her memories thereof, she has resolved and nullified everything that happened in the mace of many apart from people getting some loot/indestructable body parts. Off screen.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:31 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:52 pm Also, I distinctly remember we were all speculating what magic-using class she has taken up AFTER that page, which is an embarrassing lack of reading comprehension for all of us.
I might be a generic forumite, but I am not all of us. At least not in this case.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Well then either I don't remember you correcting the multiple people who were apart of the speculation, or you weren't even there. Either way, it's safe to say there's a flaw in my wording.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:37 am

Let's see... January. I was probably abroad when that discussion took place.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:31 am

I've been looking over the threads regarding the fog-room and with three to go before Kore is made a chump, I see no such misconception yet on myself or anyone else. That's what I get for entering the Twilight Zone!