Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:39 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:01 am What can Koa determine from his roll? He'd probably ask the Summoner something like "why, what'll happen?" as he's trying to get a read on her.
She seems to be under the impression it'd be best for him not to pick it up, at least. She'll elaborate in the actual update...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:42 pm

I mean if Koa gets the impression that it's dangerous, he'll just kick it in the door. It's not like he'll just leave it there :lol:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 am

However, the mysterious guy stands ready with his shield, and deflects off the blow- Including the one Kay was trying to target at the much slower collector, who's getting pretty peeved at this point.
Does this mean that Kay's AC3 attack would've hit the Collector? If so I said I'd like to spend the +1AP to raise Izzy's AC from 2 to 3 so I'd hit him.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:24 am

Nah, it got deflected thanks to the AC boost of the shield.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:29 am

So the shield would've also blocked Izzy's attack if AC3? Damn.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 am

Finally, Sing works out for me. I think this is the first time I've used it and actually won the coinflip since we started playing! :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Dusk9 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:29 am So the shield would've also blocked Izzy's attack if AC3? Damn.
Probably would have even if it was AC5! Without spoiling (too) much, he's got a feat that allows him to ready his shield and provide it's bonuses to someone adjacent instead.
Dusk9 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 am Finally, Sing works out for me. I think this is the first time I've used it and actually won the coinflip since we started playing! :lol:
Finally! :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:10 am

Natrivv, hate to be a killjoy, but I'm afraid you can't use the disguise spell atm- As declared way back, the spell is activated by use of the spellbook... Which I believe Drake still has atm? It's daily rather than weekly though. Later on, the Spark also expanded on the spell to allow everyone within the area to be affected by it to customize it further.

(Not that I'm blaming you for not remembering the specifics, because this was AGES ago. :roll: And not clearly documented anywhere, which I probably should... Maybe being able to use it personally from your phone could be another misc option, though..? Not that it'd help her right now.)

Anyways, won't stop you from trying to confront Angstrom if that's what you want, but it would be without a disguise... Also, the room is big enough that, depending on how far he is, he MIGHT be out of melee range the first round of combat. Also, I'm assuming you wanted to contact Spark, not Shock? :)

(Also, did you change something in your quoted post, or was that an accident?)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:44 am

oops, for some reason I was thinking they were actual outfits we had instead of the spell :oops: I'll correct my post soon.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:24 am

M0rtimer wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:10 am( Maybe being able to use it personally from your phone could be another misc option, though..? Not that it'd help her right now.)
You already made this an option, actually :P

Here's the full list of suit upgrades that was offered so far:
The amazing Sparks amazing leveling system wrote: Rules
Each rank requires the previous one to take.
Rank 1 and 2 cost 1 point, Rank 3 and 4 cost 2 points.
Only one "path" can be selected per branch.
If multiple options are given for a rank, only one can be selected.
The miscelanous branch has specific listed costs.

COMBAT BRANCH
Rank 1: Grants an extra 5 damage resistance OR +5 to all damage.
Rank 2: Grants harden OR sharpen.
Path of the shuckle
Rank 3: Grants cosmic power
Rank 4: Grants the solid rock ability
Path of the golurk
Rank 3: All attacks deal an additional 5 damage.
Rank 4: Grants the no guard ability

MOVEMENT BRANCH
Rank 1: Grant +1 to all existing movement types OR +1 to high and low jump.
Rank 2: Grants 4 in an non-possessed movement type, or +2 to an existing one.
Path of the salamence
Rank 3: Grants the levitate ability
Rank 4: Grants sky 5 if not possessing it, or sky +3 otherwise.
Path of the escavalier
Rank 3: Grants the speed boost ability
Rank 4: Grants +2 to all possessed movement capabilities, and +1 to all jump capabilities

STEALTH BRANCH
Rank 1: Gives +2 to stealth checks
Rank 2: Gives the stealth capability
Path of the zoroark
Rank 3: Willing disguise: Allows the user to make the suit invisible, or take on a "generic", natural looking disguise.
Rank 4: Perfect mimicry: Allows the user to appear and sound like any person.
Path of the gengar
Rank 3: Invisibility: Grants the invisibility capability.
Rank 4: Shadow meld: Grants the shadow meld capability.

UTILITY BRANCH
Rank 1: Grants +1 to all AC rolls OR +1d6 to all non combat skill checks
Rank 2: Increase throwing range by 2 meters OR the sticky hold ability
Path of the chansey
Rank 3: Grants the move heal bell.
Rank 4: Grants the heal pulse move.
Path of the ariados
Rank 3: Grants the wallclimber capability
Rank 4: Grants the spider web move.

MISC BRANCH
Respec: 1 point. Refund all points and spend them again as you wish (Minus the one you pay for this! Can be taken multiple times)
Retaining: 5 points. Passive abilities gained from "leveling up" remain even when the suit spell is not active.
Multipath: 3 points. Allows you to take both paths in a single branch. Can only be taken once!
The Amazing Sparks amazing additions wrote: MISC BRANCH
Personal call: 2 points. Will allow the user an additional use of the spell once per day through the use of their pokedex or other electronic device. (Can be taken multiple times)
Night vision: 2 points. Grants darkvision.
Aura vision: 4 points. Grants aura reader.

GROUP BRANCH
(Upgrades in this group can be pooled together, and are unlocked for everyone when all points are accumulated!)
Radio: 6 points. Add a radio function to everyone's suit.
Phone service: 4 points. Allows the main spell to be cast from a pokedex or another electrical device, not only the book.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:38 am

I KNEW I remembered it from suggesting it somewhere before... :roll:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:47 pm

adjusted my post accourdingly

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:15 am

Obligatory reading- And, should you guys enjoy this, there's this, too. :roll:

Also, apologies again for the slow updates again... I blame the heat and me being sick. :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:43 am

Also... I should probably change Angstrom's color to something more readable on the dark theme, or..? :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:07 am

Yes please! Grey seems to work okay

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:17 am

Is this all part of the same Scene on Koa's end? Would his Moves and AP be refreshed by now?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:28 am

It probably wouldn't have refreshed yet. For what exactly?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:38 am

Well if Koa's going to use the staff portal, he doesn't know what'll come through. I was hoping to set up a Stealth Rock beforehand, at least.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:46 am

Nah, not enough time would have passed at that point yet to have those moves refreshed.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:03 am

...uhh, Mort? I've just realised that you've been forgetting to apply the +5 initiative from Tailwind to...pretty much everybody? It affects ALL allies for the rest of the battle, not just Izzy and her Pokemon.

I'm not sure how much it actually would've changed on the previous turns, but at the very least Jeremy should've put that Musician to sleep before he got his song off.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:25 am

...Oops.

Guess I'll have to go back and... Add 5 extra damage to all enemies beyond the musician's turn..? I don't think it will change much, but yeah.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:39 am

If that's what the Song he used was (+5DR) then the only thing affected should be the Pupitar which got hit by a Karate Chop. I guess that could be enough to knock it out though? Since the +5 damage would be doubled because super-effective.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Nothing for me? Do I just have to guess at what pokemon Jack's going to throw out and use a random move, or...?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:13 pm

I'll be honest, part of me wants to send Irene to do a flying grapple on this man so they both fall through the portal into the hands of a group of meddling kids

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 am

Dlover wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:12 pm Nothing for me? Do I just have to guess at what pokemon Jack's going to throw out and use a random move, or...?
I don't know what you're talking about. Alex's part of the update has clearly always been right there. :shifty:
Natrivv wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:13 pm I'll be honest, part of me wants to send Irene to do a flying grapple on this man so they both fall through the portal into the hands of a group of meddling kids
Definitely not a way to get KO'd by the guy that's DEFINITELY not this chapter's big bad, either! :P

(I'll also subtly relink this update of yours again, because it may or may not contain something relatively important I didn't quite put emphasis on.)