The Island: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Island: OOC Thread

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:03 am

And by the way, the gnomes were bad...and you should have helped me kill them. :(

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:46 am

Bump?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:23 am

Ok, some more bits:

The overall premise for the game was that the magics of the island itself were tied to the "treasure" that had been uncovered by the miners. Essentially it was a highly valuable gemstone, that they were in the process of excavating, but, it was also responsible for maintaining the supernatural ecology of the island. When it was found and the miners tried to get it, it was damaged, and the island itself started to feel the effects. As a last ditch effort to save itself, the stone's guardian activated it's defensive powers which created Jack & co. to keep everyone out. They would eventually have been defeated by the waves of adventurers coming to the island, but you might have also lost the mine in the process.

Inside the mine you would have found different protections and more of a classic dungeon to dive around in, until you would have found the guardian and made your choices about what to do with the hugely-valuable gemstone and the island itself. A truce / alliance would have been entirely possible.

The pair of goblins who became part-dryad would have needed to revert themselves to goblins (somehow), or be tied to the island forever.

Ummm... I have no idea what Write's ball did now, but if I find the notes I probably won't tell you anyway because I might use it in another game around here :)

Anything else you wanted to know?