PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:02 pm

I figured. Go Foongus! (who totally has a name, but I just haven't thought of it yet) Use Ingrain!

Rythem 24/24 103 hp
Foongus 2/2 94 hp Ingrained
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Thouroughly intrigued, Irene shows no mercy towards the little adorable creature infront of her.

"Your little guy looks adorable but still, Let's start off strong Rythem!"

Unleashing a wave of psychic energy Rythem fortifies her mind for the upcoming battle.

Rythem psybeam 9 damage 30(28)
CHeer brigade 1 ap, Foongus has a - 2 accuracy penalty till the next round

Rythem 24/24 103 hp + 2 evasion +1 sp. def excited, motivated
Foongus 2/2 66/94 hp Ingrained -2

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:14 pm

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=203349 Accuracy=8-2=6, Power=36 (27)

Foongus, Let's start out with a Giga Drain!

Foongus gains 9 hp from ingrain and 13 from Giga drain.

Rythem 24/24 76 hp + 2 evasion +1 sp. def excited, motivated
Foongus 2/2 88/94 hp Ingrained -2

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:34 pm

Sorry, but the attacked actually missed, Spinda had a default evasion of 4 + 2 from training and + 2 from the moves base accuracy that brings the total to 8, since the penalty brought the accuracy down to 6 it misses

With the missed attack Spinda spins away getting an additional +1 to evasion
"All right, let's keep the momentum going"

Rythem psybeam 16 damage 22(16)

Rythem 24/24 103 hp + 3 evasion +1 sp. def excited, motivated(2), cheered
Foongus 2/2 59/94 hp Ingrained -2

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Sorry! It's been a while since I've had to calculate that myself. I think I was being a dummy and forgot to add the moves ac check itself and was just going up against Rhythm's base evasion

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=203390 Foongus misses his next Giga Drain, but gains 9 more HP from Ingrain

Rythem 24/24 103 hp + 3 evasion +1 sp. def excited, motivated(2), cheered
Foongus 2/2 68/94 hp Ingrained -2

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:10 am

It's nothing to apoligize over, Cheerleader creates a lot of extra parts to keep track of so battling them can get confusing.

Irene actually glances away with a cough and a slight blush on her cheeks. Wondering why the stragety was working today, but not during the gym fight.

"All right, keep of the great work!" Rythem obliges her bizzare movements growing increasingly hard to follow.
Rythem psybeam 8 damage 2824

Rythem 24/24 103 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(2), motivated(2), cheered(2)
Foongus 2/2 44/94 hp Ingrained -2

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:07 am

Bruce growls in frustration, as his Foongus misses another attack. He knew it would be a tough fight, but this was ridiculous. Mega Drain, Right now!

And the Foongus for once listens

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=203402 Accuracy=20 Power=33

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=203403 Crit damage=14

Total Damage = 47 (38)

Foongus gains 19 hp, and another 9 from Ingrain

Rythem 24/24 65 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(2), motivated(2), cheered(2)
Foongus 2/2 72/94 hp Ingrained -2

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:29 pm

"That was a rough hit, let's keep going strong Rythem!"

Expending the excited condition to reduce damage by 5 bringing it from 38 to 33 and hp regained from 19 to 16

Rythem psybeam 8 damage 29(26)

Rythem 24/24 70 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(2), motivated(2), cheered(2)
Foongus 2/2 43/94 hp Ingrained -2

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Another mega drain

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=203428

Accuracy=18, Power=33

If I'm remembering, Rhythms spdef is 9 right now, so they take 24 damage, and Foongus gains 12+9 (can't look it up)

Rythem 24/24 46 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(2), motivated(2), cheered(2)
Foongus 2/2 64/94 hp Ingrained -2

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:05 pm

yup her sp. def is 9

Rythem's excitment reduces the damge she takes for 24 to 19 which in turn reduces the healing from 12 to 9

Rythem psybeam 20(crit) damage 27 rythem crit damage [2d6+10] = 9+10 = 19
Total damage is 46(60)

Rythem 24/24 51 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(2), motivated(2), cheered(2)
Foongus 2/2 1/94 hp Ingrained confused

umm, do you want to concede your friend there?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Bruce starts pronouncing a hard "f" sound before nervously glancing at the shop and turning it into a sigh. Yeah. Come back, Foongus. Go Scraps! Poison Tail!

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=203434
Accuracy=10 Power=42 (34)

I think a 10 is a hit? Just enough, right?

Rythem 24/24 51 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(2), motivated(2), cheered(2)
Foongus 2/2 1/94 hp Ingrained confused conceded
Scraps 1/1 79 hp

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:46 pm

yup, a 10 hits

Rythem reduces damage by 5 by using excited before using baton pass to switch to Shock

Rythem 24/24 56 hp
Shock 17/17 78 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(2), motivated(3), cheered(2)
Foongus 2/2 1/94 hp Ingrained confused conceded
Scraps 1/1 79 hp

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Alex

Alex turns back around, switching his voice away to something less crass... While hoping the female voice behind him has not heard him ranting against a machine.

"Ah, hello. I guess you work he- Oh, first, would you like me to turn the flashlight on? I guess most people may find it a little dark in here."

"No need." comes as a reply, the girl's own flashlight briefly lighting up, before being extinguished once again. It seems to be a proper flashlight as well, not a dinky one like he has... Faced with the darkness in these halls, though, it becomes clear he can't see her clearly, only the aura she has... Which seems to be rather powerful- Nothing he hasn't seen before, but above the level of a "commoner"... Her aura seems relatively "benign", not carrying hostile intentions, although none too friendly either. Her aura seems to be... Remarkably "plain"? It almost seems like her aura just "hugs" towards her current form, if somewhat more simplistic rather than detailed... The only distinction being her carrying a mask with a smile on it.

"Just coming to check on you after you've done this challenge. Ya know- In case it turns out you might have a mild reaction, or you managed to mess it up enough to actually get ill. You don't feel ill, right?"

Koa

"Oh really? What does it do?"

"Oh! Erm... Well, it's just... Cool..!" Jeremy says, seeming unsure of what to say, as Koa continues haggling otherwise.

"Yeah, alright. Now that I know what these are, I'll take... a Heavy, two Ultras, and two Basics. That should come out to... Twenty-three-fifty. You sure this stuff's all good?"

"Unless it was already broken from the guys we got this from, yeah, should all be fine." the man responds, seeming to be honest, if again not exactly knowledgeable enough about everything to give a "sure" answer... Then again, if something was obviously broken, Jeremy would have remarked on it. Speaking of which...

"Erm... And I'll buy this ball, please." Jeremy manages to stammer out after Koa finishes his purchase. The man giving one final inspection as Jeremy begins counting out his cash as he speaks up again.

"Actually... I think I'll sell that one for a grand."

"W-Well, that's more than what it goes for regularly, so-"

"So I've the feeling there's something you're not telling me, and I could probably ask more... So, one grand?"

Jeremy doesn't say another word as he hands over the money without question, the man seeming to have a bit of a smug smile in response...

"So about this guy...?"

"Right. Look for a guy named Alistair, somewhere near the factory. Got his own store, real handy with a pokeball... If he's not busy getting beaten by the collector and his drones."

Irene, Bruce

Oh, what's the dome? Fourth place is pretty impressive, sometimes luck can be the deciding factor. One bad match up can do a lot.

"Oh, it's some pretty brutal stuff... Ten people- All going up against each other at the same time! So there I was, fighting off nine people at the same time, and still almost managed to win some of the prizes... And not like I was not showing off myself, ya know- I was right there besides them!"

That's sweet of you, but I'm a little young to be drinking.

"Oh, well, they won't check your age, so that doesn't matter. I mean, if you want to drink! You don't have to drink!"

"Erm... How old are you? Wait- Sorry, just... I said nothing, alright?"

It doesn't take much longer for Irene to arrive at the bike store in question, and pointedly ignore Dave as he focuses on this other guy...

---
Hey, this thing is a demon from hell, for all we know! If it likes me, I think I should do my best to appease it so it doesn't kill us all!
"Well, you best make sure to appease it in the next ten seconds then, cuz that's how long it'll take me to come over there and whoop your ass you'll lift these bikes all by yourself!"

It doesn't take much longer for a girl to arrive at the shop, sharing a couple words before they meet...

"Hey, look who it is- Dave again, with someone else... You recognize her? No way it's his girl."

No, I've never seen her. Maybe she's his cousin or something? No way he could con a girl like that to be his girlfriend. And any way, they seem to be headed... this way. Oh, crap.

"Maybe? Don't look any alike to me but yeah..."
---

Hello? Pardon me, I heard there was a very special pokemon here?

Yeah, and who told you that?

"Yo, don't look at me! Not like everyone around here knows bout your new pet by now."

Yeah, I guess there is. My Haunter is pretty special. Stronger, and moves farther, than most other's I've seen. I suppose if you'd like, you could see him up close.

"Bruce, stop scaring away potential customers, and just show off for a second, will you?"

"It's just Dave."

"Oh. Well, tell the deadbeat to move on!"

As the conversation continues, things eventually seem to boil down to a battle between the two, as Dave heroically offers to fight in stead off Irene... And after being ignored again, their battle would ensue.

Izzy

"Great! Lemme just go grab them. You'll still be here in an hour or two, right? Mind saving it for me until then?"

"Yeah, should be here... Most of the day..."

Following that, Izzy continues searching.... And finds to be what seems to be a little pawn shop- A place that buys everything you got at half the market price... No questions asked. She can probably sell anything she wants there, barring it's complete junk... And they also do seem to have a couple of held items. Mostly "negative" items, though, ones that tend to inflict a debuff...

(Can you give me a perception roll to search for proper held item stalls?)

Bjorn

Bjorn goes back through the vent systems, arriving once more at the grill overlooking the idol below... Where he again attempts to use the same strategy as he's done before to release the vent from it's grip... But fails! On closer inspection, he's actually quite sure it's not supposed to be possible... Not only does the orientation from the vent make it a lot harder, but this vent also seems to actually be screwed in, rather than just "stuck", and he'd actually have to rip it from it's bearings to get it loose... Which he's not sure is something he could pull off. It seems like this vent is here only to indicate there's a hidden idol somewhere below, for all good that does...

Haley

Haley quickly runs away, but finds herself stumbling over her feet in panic..! It doesn't take long for the source of the noise to come closer... And soon practically be right upon her! What seems like a clawed hand grasping her from behind, just narrowly missing, but the next attempt likely won't...

(A final athletics, or acrobatics attempt to escape... Unless you've another idea.)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Haley turns her head around and looks at it (from what I read it was a robit?). If it is a robit, Haley will slow it down briefly before running out of the area.

[1d20] = 19 tech [5d6+1] = 24+1 = 25 Condition: slowed

Athletic [2d6] = 6

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:53 pm

"...So it's just a pokeball?" Koa asks a bit incredulously. He was hoping for something a bit more impressive than an overpriced basic ball. He shrugs as he completes his purchase.

Pocketing his pokeballs, Koa's about to turn and look for anybody that might be selling nets when he notices the seller bullying Jeremy into overpaying for the Sport ball.

Koa intervenes, putting a hand in front of Jeremy's cash hand and furrows his brow at the seller. "Now hold up, ain't you being kinda rude? You just made a sale 'cause of him! I wouldn't have bought from ya if my friend didn't just tell you what your own stock was. The least you could do is offer him the same deal you gave me, yeah? Or if you're so eager to get his grand, then you should throw in a Great ball to make it even."
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:17 pm

Alex nods, "I suppose that's a good precaution to take, even if the available ingredients aren't actively toxic. Well, I'm not noticing any effects, so unless it's a delayed reaction I should be alright."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:46 am

Izzy shows the X-Attack, Dire Hit, and Chemistry Set to the pawn shop owner, trying to Charm them into parting with a little extra cash if she can. Though she does settle for 50% market price if they aren't gonna budge. She then continues to search for Held Items, keeping her eyes open for anything interesting or shiny.

Charm: 16

Perception: 17

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:34 am

Bjorn tries two options:

He first tries to release Pyre into the room so he can fly down and grasp the idol then recall Pyre holding the idol like its an Item.
He then tries using his abilities to freeze the screws and make them brittle so he can kick the vent out.

If both fail, Bjorn explores the last remaining section of the ventilation system (I think right, when I turned left toward the light?)
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:12 pm

"Ah, that's chaotic, I wouldn't be able to stand a chance fighting by myself. Lucky for me, I almost always have friends around." With this Irene rubs the Klefki who's passively watching things go by hanging off the backpack.

"Oh, well, they won't check your age, so that doesn't matter. I mean, if you want to drink! You don't have to drink!"

"Erm... How old are you? Wait- Sorry, just... I said nothing, alright?"

Hmm, older then you're probably thinking, but still younger then the spring breeze~ Irene says with a slight wink. Despite speaking nonsense, it somehow seems fitting, and almost endearing of her.
irene charm check [5d6] = 22

Thank you for offering, but unlike me, my pokemon are more then capable of handling a fight.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:57 pm

"Well, you best make sure to appease it in the next ten seconds then, cuz that's how long it'll take me to come over there and whoop your ass you'll lift these bikes all by yourself!"

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm coming.

Hello? Pardon me, I heard there was a very special pokemon here?

Yeah, and who told you that?

"Yo, don't look at me! Not like everyone around here knows bout your new pet by now."

Yeah, but you're the only one who seems to be acting like a tour guide around here.

Yeah, I guess there is. My Haunter is pretty special. Stronger, and moves farther, than most other's I've seen. I suppose if you'd like, you could see him up close.

"Bruce, stop scaring away potential customers, and just show off for a second, will you?"

What? She's obviously from out of town. I doubt she's anything more than a tourist, wanting to see the sights. Well, I'm sick of showing off. I'll make her earn it at least!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bruce switches to Shadow.
► Show Spoiler

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:03 pm

Seeing the Skrelp being switched out Shock goes in for some quick damage, but fails to hit his targer

Shock pursuit [1d20] = 4 extra damage [2d8+25] = 6+25 = 31

Rythem 24/24 56 hp recalled
Shadow 21/21 79 hp
Shock 17/17 78 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(3), motivated(3), cheered(2)
Foongus conceded
Scraps 1/1 79 hp recalled

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:21 pm

He can't be taken out that easily! And neither can we! Come on Shadow, hit it with a Night Shade!

Accuracy=13

Shadow 21/21 79 hp
Shock 17/17 48 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(3), motivated(3), cheered(2)
Foongus conceded

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Even if it's just a little Shock's excitment reduces the damage a little...
Wait, it wasn't excitment, but anger, and Shock is happily taking his anger out on the ghost right in front of him...

Shock shock wave crit chance 20 damage 32 shock crit damage [2d8+10] = 11+10 = 21
Damage total 53(40)

Shadow 21/21 39 hp
Shock 17/17 53 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(3), motivated(3), cheered(2)
Foongus conceded

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:46 pm

Use Shadow Punch!

Power=21 (7)

Shadow 21/21 39 hp
Shock 17/17 46 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(3), motivated(3), cheered(2)
Foongus conceded
► Show Spoiler

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:56 pm

► Show Spoiler
excited condition reduces the damage by 5

Activating cheer don't stop now to give Shock 5 temp hp
Shock shockwave damage 34(21)

Shadow 21/21 8 hp
Shock 17/17 (54)49 hp + 4 evasion +1 sp. def excited(3), motivated(4), cheered(2)
Foongus conceded