Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:28 am

Okay, looking at Fern... These are what I believe would be the changes:

Fern becomes steel/flying
Gains jump 6/5

Spike shot gets replaced with Cannonball

Cannonball
static
Any moves with the dash keyword also gain the smite keyword.

Level-up Moves:
Ingrain -> Roost
Power whip -> Bounce

Tutor Moves:
Giga Drain -> Air Slash
Seed Bomb -> Drill Peck

Egg Moves:
Bullet Seed -> Pluck
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:33 am

Hmm. Smite moves tend to be scene... what moves are affected by this?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:48 am

I think three moves by default? Bounce (already scene), rock climb (normal type move that would probably otherwise never even be considered), and, admittedly, iron head... Which might be a bit too powerful with smite? It's already a move one would probably want on their final move list by default.

I like the idea of adding something to dash based moves given the nature of the new Fern, but doing that while making something that is neither too powerful or too weak is a hard sell. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 am

Hmm...smite maybe a bit too much. Maybe dash moves have pass keyword or something? Or have burst 1 aoe instead of single target?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:06 am

That could work, yeah. Pass or burst 1.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:30 am

Just a side note, but copper and iron teams are very different. Irene had to deal with a murkrow which is the flying type that was missing from iron.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Drill Peck is also a Dash Move, on the Tutor Movelist. I like the Smite version of Cannonball, but obviously you might decide an At-Will DB8 AC2 move is too powerful for that :P

In which case Burst 1 (or 2) sounds fine too. Giving Fern an AOE option sounds cool enough to make up for the range drop. I can even fluff it like a ricochet shot, bouncing between all the enemies in the AOE!

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:12 pm

There's an unofficial homebrew update to the Blessed and the Damned splat over on the other forum, with stuff on every legendary so far and with some speculative stuff on Zeraora. The author emphasizes that you should feel free to take or leave anything he has written which we probably would have to for this game, if we're interested in trying this.

I'm mostly interested in the mechanical stuff, which is nice because he brought all the legendaries in line with each other so everything has 1 Minor gift, 3 Major gifts, and the Upper legendaries have 1 Pact gift. He might have balanced something things out, too? I'm not sure, I didn't read over and compare everything.

Diancie's Heart Force is pretty good :paranoia:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Natrivv wrote:Just a side note, but copper and iron teams are very different. Irene had to deal with a murkrow which is the flying type that was missing from iron.
Like I said, I was expecting a lot worse. I think...depending on how I feel at that time, I may try the iron. I think Haley might be prepared enough for the worst case senerios vs her team...and I would like to keep a copper avalible later just incase. Mostly for one or two types in particular which I don't know how much of a chance she stands up against. :shifty:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Necrozma is pretty cool. I am just imagining what his Major Gift combined with a Master Intimidation roll.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Looking at that, Marshadow is... Just super lame to have gifts from. The only gift worth anything is the major that gives Darkvision and Dead Silent, and even then it's... Well, okay, it's not like it's bad, it's just a bad match for Alex. All the more reason to eat it. Usurping Marshadow would be much less bad, because as a pokemon it's actually pretty good.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:38 am

The Solgaleo and Lunala Gifts are all pretty sweet (and close to what I hypothesised). I'd be happy with either of them honestly, though Lunala obviously fits Izzy slightly better. And the upgraded Meloetta isn't too bad for her either, in terms of the minor legendaries.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 am

Dusk9 wrote:Drill Peck is also a Dash Move, on the Tutor Movelist. I like the Smite version of Cannonball, but obviously you might decide an At-Will DB8 AC2 move is too powerful for that :P

In which case Burst 1 (or 2) sounds fine too. Giving Fern an AOE option sounds cool enough to make up for the range drop. I can even fluff it like a ricochet shot, bouncing between all the enemies in the AOE!
Actually, new thought - what about "Any moves with the Dash Keyword also gain either Burst 1 or Pass"? So she could either bounce around a small area or blast through things in a straight line? Mechanically it's not that strong, since Burst 1 and Pass have a ton of overlap in what they can hit. But the extra utility could be nice, and I like how it fits thematically with the Cannonball visual.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:55 am

Oh hey, I was correct giving Hoopa his chaos aura. :lol:

Anyways, it seems interesting... I'll probably take a look through it and might adopt some/most of it? We're already in "non-canon" territory for some stuff, though.
Alright, adjust ability to say all moves with dash instead become burst 1.

EDIT: ninja:
Actually, new thought - what about "Any moves with the Dash Keyword also gain either Burst 1 or Pass"? So she could either bounce around a small area or blast through things in a straight line? Mechanically it's not that strong, since Burst 1 and Pass have a ton of overlap in what they can hit. But the extra utility could be nice, and I like how it fits thematically with the Cannonball visual.
Hmm... Sure.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:59 am

Great! Now I just need to Tutor her Drill Peck ASAP, since she won't learn any other Dash moves naturally until Lv40/43 (Bounce/Iron Head) :roll: :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:12 am

Dusk9 wrote:The Solgaleo and Lunala Gifts are all pretty sweet (and close to what I hypothesised). I'd be happy with either of them honestly, though Lunala obviously fits Izzy slightly better. And the upgraded Meloetta isn't too bad for her either, in terms of the minor legendaries.
You were actually so damn spot on with this predictions.

Also, Alex can teach moves early using Mentor. Currently 10 levels early. If he can somehow get another 2 levels it'll be 11 levels. So you don't have to wait so long for bounce and iron head.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:33 am

Oh yeah, forgot Mentor could do that. Probably still better to get Drill Peck first though - it's only slightly weaker than Bounce, but At-Will instead of Scenex2, and more accurate. I mainly just want Bounce for the static +1 High Jump anyway.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 am

Sorry about lack of posting, was rushed to hospital two days ago! Will post soon in Health, in case anyone is interested in why. Home now :)
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Hey Natrivv, I just noticed you made a mistake statting up your pokemon. You added +1 to all your pokemons' stats that have Underdog's Strength, but the Base Stat cells already add +1 when you put that edge on your pokemon. So you've effectively added +2 to all their stats on accident.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:51 am

I did not know that... Fixed the broken stats. Thanks for pointing that out. :oops:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:24 am

I'm just trying to imagine Jack's thought process right now. He's had four kids from the same group come through today, and each interaction with them has got progressively weirder. Drake and Irene were pretty straightforward, Izzy had some stuff about Godslayers and shady Senators, and now Koa's come in spouting off about alternate dimensions and world-ending monsters.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he just said "Good luck with all that" and disappeared on holiday to an island somewhere :lol:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:33 am

That's perfect! We can sneak aboard his boat to Hamachi :shifty: :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:24 am

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:17 pm

It'll be a relief for him when Alex comes through and all he does is talk the myriad demons I'm anticipating into submission.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:10 am

...are Izzy and Irene going to the junk-market then? Or are we waiting for something else? :P