2 April 2018 - there are some who would..

Discuss the comic here!
Dustin_S
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: 2 April 2018 - there are some who would..

Post by Dustin_S » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:17 pm

ManInBasement wrote:Had to register to post this. I love Kore's expressions here, so I added what I think he was thinking.
► Show Spoiler
And just like that, a void in my life that I didn't even know was there has been filled.

Goblins: MST3K edition.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Dustin_S wrote:
ManInBasement wrote:Had to register to post this. I love Kore's expressions here, so I added what I think he was thinking.
► Show Spoiler
And just like that, a void in my life that I didn't even know was there has been filled.

Goblins: MST3K edition.
Lol

arikabeth
Remains Silent

Post by arikabeth » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 am

Lurker signing in!

The last comic has been a very satisfying turn of events to read, and I like how much trickery was involved. I wonder where the path leads though.

Also, although I think it's impossible or doesn't make sense, I get this angsty feeling that Kore would manifest one of his chains of his IME and drag Kin with him into the abyss . . . kind of like a certain scene in the Lord of the Rings. :paranoia:

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:32 pm

So Kin is now going further from Minmax. It would be very satisfying if she used Parchment to traverse the pit trap back the way she came to find Minmax and left the floor in place to leave Kore down there. Assuming "down there" doesn't have an alternate exit.
Last edited by Shardstorm on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:45 pm

Shardstorm wrote:So Kin is now going further from Minmax. It would be very satisfying if she used Parchment to traverse the pit trap back the way she came to find Minmax and left the floor in place to leave Kore down there. Assumning "down there" doesn't have an alternate exit.
It clearly does or else that is a very anticlimactic way to end Kore.

kesgarion
Remains Silent

Post by kesgarion » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Is this the first time that Kore's fired his crossbow and there wasn't mass suffering caused by it?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:26 am

The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:33 am

And Thac0 caught one of the bolts out of the air on the bridge.

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 pm

This entire scene with this trap room would make more sense if Parchment's IME was the same color as Kin's -

1. it would have made sense why she had to run to cross the room (instead of asking Parchment to color one of the symbols differently)
2. it would have made sense that she used Parchment to color the last symbol (ie. when she shouted "now Parchment!")

its a shame really, this small change could have made things much clearer.

I guess having the same IME would raise some questions, but those can be answered (eg. "Kin animated Parchment from an inanimate object, hence it has her IME" or something similar)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:31 pm

She ran cross the room to touch the floor, so it would create her IME fog, and thus colour the tiles. She needed Parchment to prevent the floor from disappearing while the tiles get coloured.
Parchment having the same colour would not have worked.
And she had to be fast, otherwise the floor creating Kore's IME would have turned the first tiles white again, giving Kore more time to leave the floor as well while hunting her.

@mg4h wrote:I'm confused how Kin's IME moved like that - wouldn't Kore's have stayed where he was, and kept at least one symbol white?
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I think this needed a top down view for more clarity. Kin slithered (under the fog) around the walls, leaving a trail of green fog. The fog around Kore stayed white, but he wasn't close to the walls/shapes. So she deliberately turned all the shapes green.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:50 pm

with (1) running to cross I mean before she met with Kore, at that time should/could have asked Parchment to stay on one of the symbols. The explanation that "while in panic she didn't think of it" is weak.

I understood what happened in the last page, but find it somewhat confusing, overly-complex and inconsistent. eg. why did the green fog take over the symbol when Parchment left the symbol? Shouldn't the yellow fog remain there as Parchment was there after Kin left already?

I think it would have been that much more sensible to have Kore next to a white symbol (with white fog) and have Parchment override it with green at the the final "Now Parchment!" moment.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:08 pm

It wasn't parchment's IME, it was the colour of his body. Just like Kin touched one of the symbols with her (gloved) hand to turn the shape blue at the beginning. Parchment didn't create any IME fog, because he wasn't on the floor (which did, in combination with living beings create the fog). And the shape did then (when the familiar stopped touching it) turn green, because Kin's IME fog was still all around the room.

We haven't seen yet if Parchment has his own IME and whether it is the same colour as Kin's or a different one. Again, because he hasn't touched the IME-fog-emanating floor, nor have we seen him cast a spell or use a spell like ability.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:00 pm

Parchment will only have an IME if he has a soul. Which is a rabbit hole to go down.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 am

Arrow wrote:why did the green fog take over the symbol when Parchment left the symbol? Shouldn't the yellow fog remain there as Parchment was there after Kin left already?
Which yellow fog?
The IME-fog is created by touching the floor.
And Parchment is not touching the floor.

So, the moment Parchment leaves the tile, the only colour "touching" the tile is IME-fog. And since at that place it is still Kin's green IME, the tile turns green the moment (or shortly after) Parchment leaves (stops touching) the tile.

Matney X
Whispers Softly

Post by Matney X » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:48 am

Kore is the kind of character you get when you're a first-time GM, saying "yes" to everything and throwing in really neat items (magic and mundane) simply because you (the GM) thinks they're really cool. The bullshit turtle flip... The automatic quad-crossbows and their ridiculous rate of fire...

I now believe that Kore's whole story is a redemption arc for Thunt to wash his hands and absolve himself of some bad GMing he did decades ago.

Arrow
Whispers Softly

Post by Arrow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:30 pm

I take back the statement that "I understood what happened in the last page" - clearly I didn't!

Thanks for explaining!

I was under the impression there was yellow fog around Parchment, but looking again it was only Kore's white fog and the yellow symbol.
The "Now Parch!" yell makes perfect sense to me now.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Good. Now that we're all confused, we can continue with the next page.
;)