Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:40 pm

If we're not arranging a meeting right away, Alex would probably recommend doing rotations for the gym, so there are at least three people protecting the cube at any time, but for time we can just do it all at once and say they did the rotations.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:10 pm

After thinking about it Dusk, I can see where you are going with Phoniex being the weakest for years. I disagree on some things, but I feel it's a bit less unfair.

Haley wants to revive the fossils real quick. Do you want the Tyrunt to loose 2 tp for an additional basic ability? Haley will also tutor it ancient power for 0 tp if you want. And you can use the ancient item that I won't be using on archen.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:22 pm

Hmmm... Yeah, 2TP is a good price, and Ancient Power would be good, especially for an early move. Don't know what the 'ancient item' is, though.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:29 pm

Yeah, we can quickly rp you guys bringing up the fossil. Actually, I think that might be something we could quickly rp while we wait for Dusk to get back and do the quick rp, with/without Koa depending on whether or not I managed to rush him to the end of the gym by that point? Or we can just "skip" that and get straight to the gym if you prefer, and then do the meeting after the gym, so pretty much when I'd try and have the others round up their day, too..?

Man, dialga is not happy with how messed up time is right now... :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Well when it takes 6-7 months to finish a gym... :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Yeah, I suppose I got only myself to blame. :roll:

I never truly got an answer to that question I asked before, by the way... Do you guys want the "original" experience, or the modified one which should be shorter, but offer the same potential rewards?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:03 pm

Dlover wrote:Hmmm... Yeah, 2TP is a good price, and Ancient Power would be good, especially for an early move. Don't know what the 'ancient item' is, though.
Depends on the fossil pokemon's highest stat. I can't bring it up right now but it's under researcher: palentology.

Edit: Also Haley needs to give Bjorn her snorunt.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:51 pm

I don't mind going with the modified gym experience, to bring the time back in line.

Ooh, the thing from Prehistoric Bond. Having one of those could be interesting, depending on what stat it's for. Hard to predict since nature applies.
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Random side note: I just realized that Poipole is simply the color purple said in a 50's gangster accent. :idea:

Also, I/Bruce is planning on getting the Engineering feat that allows you to create pokemon fairly soon, so if any of you want any of the pokemon available from that feat, let me know.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:59 am

Now I'd like to ask, when can I have Kikolo use his Sweet Confection? There's no listed activation trigger like with the other ones. In Koa's previous fight with Jack we kinda handwaved it so Koa could activate it in response to getting attacked, but I wanted to ask for sure this time.

Could I use it during Kikolo's turn, this round that just happened, as a free action? Shift, Swift, what? The idea is to get the +5 initiative (plus the other bonuses) so that Kikolo gets to go first this next round.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:02 am

I'd think... On the turn you want to activate it, probably? So now would be a good chance to do it, yeah.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:03 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Jack frowns as Kikolo gets to act before the houndoom, if momentarily-
From how I read it, it sounds like the Accuracy and Initiative bonuses stick around (until Kikolo gets switched out or KO'd), and it's only the Evasion buff that's temporary. Accuracy is treated like Combat Stages, and the +5 Initiative is listed alongside the other Accentuated Taste effects that also last beyond the round you use the Food Buff.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Double Post, but it also looks like having a Muk at level 30 isn't possible? They evolve at level 35, and I'm not sure if you're just handwaving that, have varied levels on Jack's team, or if it's an accident.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Oops. Yeah, that's my bad... I'll have to look into how I'll fix that mess. :shifty:

And I don't know about the buffs- I'll have to read the descriptor myself, tomorrow.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:29 pm

Oh I can include the buff descriptors here:
Page 132 wrote:Sweet Confection
Effect: The user may trade in this SnackÔÇÖs Digestion Buff
to gain +4 Evasion until the end of their next turn. If the
user prefers Sweet Food, they gain +4 Accuracy as well.
If the user dislikes Sweet Food, they become Enraged.
Page 131 wrote:Accentuated Taste
Prerequisites: Chef, Adept Intuition
Static
Effect: Whenever you create a Snack with a Chef Feature,
you may assign it a Taste chosen from Salty, Sour, Spicy,
Dry, and Sweet. Tasty Snacks must be assigned their
corresponding Taste. Whenever a Pok├®mon trades in a
Digestion Buff from a Snack with an assigned Taste they
do not dislike, they gain the following bonuses:
┬╗┬╗ Salty: The user gains 5 Temporary Hit Points.
This stacks with any Temporary Hit Points gained
through Chef Features, the Lunchbox Ability, and
the Digestion Buff.
┬╗┬╗ Spicy: Increase the userÔÇÖs Critical Hit Range by 1.
┬╗┬╗ Sour: Increase the userÔÇÖs Evasion against damaging
attacks by 1.
┬╗┬╗ Dry: Increase the userÔÇÖs Effect Range of all attacks
by 1.
┬╗┬╗ Bitter: The user gets a +1 Bonus to all Save Checks.
┬╗┬╗ Sweet: Increase the userÔÇÖs Initiative by 5.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Reading that, I'm pretty sure that accuracy and evasion are both gone after one round, but the initiative does stay.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:37 am

So looking at things- The best way to probably solve this is to make it a grimer, but also give it underdog bonuses to compensate for my own fuck up? :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:50 am

Yeah, they'd be mostly the same, though Grimer's a bit weaker of course. Grimer would have a BST of 45 opposed to Muk's 52, and its capabilities are a bit smaller. It shouldn't make much of a difference if that's what you wanna do.

If you wanna just replace it with a different pokemon entirely, that'd be fine too :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Nah, feel free to act as if you are going with a grimer, too lazy to fix the update right now. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:51 am

Hey Mort, I had an idea which could help sort out the time shenanigans. If future-Izzy replies to Alex's message saying something along the lines of "everyone's too busy to meet up right now, but here's the address of the inn where we're staying", that would let you get them all into the Gym and push back the actual meet-up time to later that night. You could even have the NPCs meet them at the inn and help with guarding the Box (until we can test whether Koa's Storage Ball works on it).

And as an added bonus, this way getting us all back into the right time-stream would become a problem for "6-months-in-the-future"-Mort, not you :lol: :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:19 am

Ah yes, of course, that could work. They're gonna arrive around to just before noon anyways, so it makes sense you wouldn't be immediately available.

Besides, everyone knows six months away me is a notorious whiner, always complaining about "work" he has to do... Not that I favor him over six months ago me, who is known to be a notorious slacker and push on tasks to current me, which can get a bit annoying.

:roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:42 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Spiritomb(25/20)
Is this correct? Speed is Spiritomb's lowest stat, well below everything except HP. Is Jack secretly a Speed Ace? :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:07 pm

The stats are correct, yeah.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:21 am

Did the Zoroark use Feint Attack just now?

Lonaki's still up btw, since he had 10 Temp HP :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:49 am

Yeah, my bad- He's still up.

And no, it used foul play, why..? Admittedly, I did make a bit of an executive decision there- I wasn't sure how weird power would interact with the special function of foul play, so I treated it as "exchange attack stat, then use weird power as it would be normally."