Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SamWiser » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:40 pm

Updated with Bruce's info on the first page. I kept everything about Phoenix still in there, at least until M0rt decides what he wants me to do with all of the info. Will be updating his sheet more when I have time.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Uh, Sam, you've got Poipole as one of your pokemon, but isn't that an ultrabeast?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:56 pm

I'm assuming Mort gave that the 'OK' and that's a point of interest for the character.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:16 am

Everything is in order, yes. :shifty:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:41 am

M0rtimer wrote:Everything is in order, yes. :shifty:
....So it's all meaningless. Everything we did to get genesect, all the time spent....it's worthless. Why bother looking for legendary pokemon when you can start with one.

....Despite posting and checking on the forums often I am not back yet.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:05 am

I wouldn't say your efforts were useless. I asked for a poipole, not really expecting to get it, but because I thought it was cool. M0rt let me have one to act as a hook, as Vader said. A reason for this random biker to go join your team.

Also, Poipole isn't technically a legendary. It's an ultra beast. It may seem like I'm being pedantic, but it's different, in my mind at least. Also, Poipole evolves. It's not like I'm getting a fully powered legendary pokemon as astarter. Heck, even after it evolves Poipole probably won't even be my strongest pokemon on my team.

Also, if all that is not enough, m0rt made it even more fair my further limiting the amount of pokemon I could have if I used a Poipole. I think he did a good job of allowing it without making it a problem for both balance and lore reasons.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:47 am

Yeah, again you're being melodramatic over nothing.

Poipole's not even that great. It's got a BST of 42, and that only goes up to 53 when it evolves (compared to every other UB that has 56-58). Its level-up list is lacking and needs TM/tutor support to get good (and actually requires it to learn Dragon Pulse so it can evolve). Even then it's comparable to a fully-evolved regular pokemon, as all the UBs are. It's only somewhat special in a narrative sense, otherwise it's just a pokemon.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:20 pm

So I haven't had a chance to sit down a divide the pokemon exp, but for Irene...

Her protective powers grow strong with mystic defenses!
She can now protect her allies with safeguard, and light screen, this also gives her a little more health +1 hp, and all that running increases her speed +1 spd

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:06 pm

In other news- Dusk, I forgot to put it in IC, but Drake would have handed Izzy his spell book given it'd probably be important for you guys to keep it. Assuming she were to ask nicely, he'd probably also give that staff of illusions I'm pretty sure he kept a hold off. Not necessary to put in rp, unless you want to.

Anyways, now Irene is also done with the gym, and Koa will finally be starting soon... If I have the chance, I might try and post a bit more to have him catch up- But in the meantime, Izzy and Irene can probably continue to have some morning/evening rp..?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:37 pm

I view ultras as legendaries. I don't see how that matters anyways since if I wanted Haley to get a Tropius or fossil mon I would have had to use the xmas crit, which Tropius is far less powerful than the ultra beast. Maybe it's nothing to you, but it seems unfair to me.

I also noticed all of bruce'a pokemon start at lv 30, when it took literal years just to get a couple of mine to that level. Despite havntg 'fewer pokemon' he starts off really strong (Haley started with four mons too. Despite James having many more than that.)

I don't want to argue, and the more this goes on I get less and less interested. I don't see the point of trying if you can just retire your character and get an ultra rare pokemon, higher poke levels, highest trainer level.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:05 am

M0rtimer wrote:In other news- Dusk, I forgot to put it in IC, but Drake would have handed Izzy his spell book given it'd probably be important for you guys to keep it. Assuming she were to ask nicely, he'd probably also give that staff of illusions I'm pretty sure he kept a hold off. Not necessary to put in rp, unless you want to.

Anyways, now Irene is also done with the gym, and Koa will finally be starting soon... If I have the chance, I might try and post a bit more to have him catch up- But in the meantime, Izzy and Irene can probably continue to have some morning/evening rp..?
Actually Izzy kept the Illusions wand, I just haven't really used it much yet. Definitely not because I keep forgetting about it or anything.... :paranoia:

But yeah, Drake had the Fairy wand (Aromatic Mist, Baby-doll eyes, and Flower shield). And I'll probably let him keep it for now, since I already have one and don't really want any of those other moves.

And I'm cool with waiting for Irene to "catch up" a little more. I'm away later this week, so might not be able to come online as much anyway. After that I'm sure we can think up some kind of mini-adventure to do while waiting for Koa, even if we have to time-skip to tomorrow morning for it :P
Arch Lich Burns wrote:I view ultras as legendaries. I don't see how that matters anyways since if I wanted Haley to get a Tropius or fossil mon I would have had to use the xmas crit, which Tropius is far less powerful than the ultra beast. Maybe it's nothing to you, but it seems unfair to me.

I also noticed all of bruce'a pokemon start at lv 30, when it took literal years just to get a couple of mine to that level. Despite havntg 'fewer pokemon' he starts off really strong (Haley started with four mons too. Despite James having many more than that.)

I don't want to argue, and the more this goes on I get less and less interested. I don't see the point of trying if you can just retire your character and get an ultra rare pokemon, higher poke levels, highest trainer level.
I think you're right that it's a little disheartening to put in so much work only to have someone else get the rewards basically for free.

But...it wasn't for free, really. Sam has had to put up with playing by far the weakest Trainer in the group for years now, always a few levels behind the rest of us. Even with 2 gym badges he was still only Lv9! And his Pokemon weren't exactly top-tier either.
Now he's got the same level as you, the same number of Lv30+ Pokemon as you (except one of yours is Lv50, and you also have 12 other Pokemon you can use), and the same number of "special" Pokemon as you (except his special 'mon is also his Starter and doesn't seem to have any of the Starter traits we got to pick, meaning he basically had to trade his normal Starter for it).

If Sam was a new player joining us, then sure, I'd probably be a little more annoyed. But he isn't. He's just getting a power boost to bring him back up in line with the rest of us, same way you did when you went from James to Haley.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:45 am

Not only do you not have a reasonable point, you're also extremely hypocritical having already rerolled and got a new character AND also have captured a legendary. Most of us have done neither, and aren't complaining at all. All you do is moan, usually without reason.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:33 am

Wait, Haley/Bjorn/Alex are in Murkoff now? In that case should we just timeskip straight into tomorrow morning so we're closer to regrouping with them? Or should we just roleplay the regroup (I'm guessing it's mid-afternoon for them), then let them go off and do their own things (e.g. challenge the Gym or whatever)?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:38 am

Dusk9 wrote:Wait, Haley/Bjorn/Alex are in Murkoff now? In that case should we just timeskip straight into tomorrow morning so we're closer to regrouping with them? Or should we just roleplay the regroup (I'm guessing it's mid-afternoon for them), then let them go off and do their own things (e.g. challenge the Gym or whatever)?
Yeah this is the reason I brought it up now. :P I figure you guys could probably do some early morning rp for now, settle basics (Koa can be easily excused as being still at the center, or since it'll likely only be rp I'm totally fine with him acting a bit in the "future") and then they can probably get working on the gym first, yeah... So they can immediately begin to catch up doing that. :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:10 am

What time is it for Haley/Bjorn/Alex? Early-mid-afternoon?

If Natrivv is fine with it, I'm cool with us time-skipping the morning and jumping straight to meeting up with them. I was hoping to spend some downtime putting all my Pokemon's moves into my Technique Archive, so it would be easy for me. Koa's absence can be explained away by saying the nurses wanted to keep him in longer to heal.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:39 pm

I'm fine with the time skip, but I'd like to visit the breeder to get the potentional eggs sooner rather then later if possible.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:02 pm

so finally distrubited exp.

Etoile gets 160 exp going from lvl 24 to 26 gaining a point in hp, and atk
Ms. Cuddles gets 200 going from lvl 21 to 24 gaining a point in hp, atk and sp. df and learns dragon rage
Shock gets 220 exp going from lvl 23 to 26 gaining a point in atk, sp. atk, and spd. and learns electro ball forgetting spark
Rhythm gets 190 exp going from lvl 25 to 27 gaining two points in spd, and finally
Ochrana gets 190 exp going from lvl 26 to 28 gaining two points in sp. def and learning foul play forgetting metal sound

also which pokemon would be the rarest on the list? Breeders wouldn't make money with ratattas :)
Chansey, Audino, Dratini, Corsola, Comfey, Popplio, and Cutiefly?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:45 am

Question regarding Malamar, Mort. It doesn't actually have Darkvision, but instead has Glow. Do any darkness penalties apply currently?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:47 am

Dratini would definitely be the rarest to get, probably followed by a much lesser chansey/popplio. I'm not sure if I'd ought to allow you to get one of them, though, or at the very least not just "like that". Then again, picking the scientist option would allow you to get a castform/porygon, soooo, maybe..?

edit: Ninja:
Question regarding Malamar, Mort. It doesn't actually have Darkvision, but instead has Glow. Do any darkness penalties apply currently?
Ah yeah, that's something I missed... No, there'd be no darkness penalties currently in that case.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:37 pm

So how do we want to do Alex meeting the party, for now? Izzy and Irene can go meet them, but Koa is still at the center for now? Does Irene want to arrange that whole breeding thing now still, or shall we simply do that retroactively/simultaneously?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Note to Vader: made a small edit to the update, because I keep forgetting these guys have bonus initiative.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm fine not getting them, or doing something extra. It's more I'm trying to figure out what would be logical to ask the breeder for. I don't want to ask for a top percentage ratatta, and at the same time I don't want to ask for a Phione egg :lol:

So from what I'm going to guess it will be something like

Dratini - rare near impossible
happini/popplio - rare, but possible
audino/comfey - if they happen to breed for pokecenters
corsola/cutiefly - too common???

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:26 am

Yeah, pretty much.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:58 am

Doing a lot of double posts recently, but I'm guessing that, for now, I'll just update for the group that just arrived as they relax, and we can do the rp with Izzy/Irene as soon as Irene has dealt with her breeding stuff?

In each case, does the group that just arrived have any big plans besides what Haley has already let know she wants to do..? Because I don't mean to rush, but you ought to get in the gym pretty soon if we don't want to break time and have you guys forever stuck behind the other party. :shifty:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:35 am

I'm not really going to be able to post much until Monday, so you could just do Irene's breeder stuff and let Izzy chill in limbo for a bit more. Then Irene/Izzy could timeskip to tomorrow morning.

Other than the Technique Archive stuff, the only thing I really wanted to do was maybe type-shift Fern? And I only really need minimal rp for those, so catching up to the others shouldn't be a problem. Or we could just do the morning stuff concurrent to meeting up with the others, if you don't mind splitting our posts?