Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] Thunt hospitalized!

Post by Krulle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:46 am

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Danielle just pointed out something really weird. See that alternate reality Kin in the pic? The pale one with the circles on her cheeks? Her name is Onyx. And the stuff they put inside my brain to save my life? It's called Onyx. Onyx is literally in my brain, forever.
► Show Spoiler
@CeeGeeHardy wrote:So she teleported to your 0 after all.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:OH MY GODS THAT ASPECT OF THIS NEVER EVEN OCCURRED TO ME!!!! She TOTALLY fused with me in "position zero"!!! I'm dying over here! This is SO weird!
Good thing she's imaginary, right?
She totally fused with your imagination, but luckily there is no physical fusing. Besides feeling strongly drugged.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 am

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:If you're someone that I haven't been talking to, please know that communication is oddly exhausting in a way that's hard to explain. I'm not trying to snub you or avoid you. And Danielle has done nothing but care for me and is equally exhausted.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 pm

A word of professional advice: While we all appreciate Danielle's efforts, she needs to be making sure she gets some rest, too. She's not going to be doing anyone any good if she exhausts herself to the point she catches the flu, for example. If you've got people to help (parents, other family, friends close by) take advantage and ask them to give you a hand. You don't have to solo warrior this. Just make sure THEY'RE in good health before they come over.
This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. Plan accordingly.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:24 pm

I told her the same thing while he was in the hospital. She agreed. It might be worth repeating. I just don't want to bother them too much when Thunt takes the time to tweet that neither of them is really up to talking...
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] a bit of fanart again...

Post by Krulle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:33 pm

@Abelpr_Gaming wrote:"Hm. Since I based my character off of Complains, what would Complains look like in my style?"
I just drew him, he's not from a specific point in the comic. @Thunt_Goblins

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Clearly this is Complains re-imagined as one of those tentacle-headed aliens from Star Wars.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Tama
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Tama » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:43 am

I come back after a long break of checking on the comic so I can have several pages to read at once, then I scroll down to find out one of my favorite artists nearly died twice in a single go? After dealing with mom nearly dying twice last year, I don't know if my heart can handle much more emotional whiplash. Stars above... I'm relieved you're alright.
Stop that right meow.

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:57 pm

When Thunt wrote that dancing scene by arriving home, I immediately thought of this song... Might not be at an Ed Sheeran's level, but would describe my feelings perfectly (in their situation). If anyone would like to listen to some Weepies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQCWPcYD5nQ
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:05 am

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:For the 1st time since the operation, @DragonTurtle is leaving me alone to go do something social. She's worried I will suddenly drop dead while she's gone, so I'll be live streaming my drawing. This way she'll feel as though someone is here (in a way). Starts in about 30 minutes
We're her babysitters?

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:47 am

Krulle wrote:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:For the 1st time since the operation, @DragonTurtle is leaving me alone to go do something social. She's worried I will suddenly drop dead while she's gone, so I'll be live streaming my drawing. This way she'll feel as though someone is here (in a way). Starts in about 30 minutes
We're her babysitters?
Well, who better? We keep him entertained, he returns the favor, and there are enough goblinites who know how to get in touch with her or who can call the appropriate authorities to help him if necessary.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:07 am

I like the idea. Hence my comment.
And you are right. It's a quid pro bono case.
Pity I missed the chance, but then i was busy sitting my three rascals.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 am

Quid pro quo, FYI.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:41 pm

Yeah, indeed. My fault. Mea culpa.
I had it correct in my mind when I typed.
I wonder what my brain is doing, but definitely not for the greater good (pro bono).

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:40 pm

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:To help me with all of that healing stuff, I've just installed a mini trapeze swing in my living room. 8 year old Tarol is very happy with me, right now.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] Another fan-art

Post by Krulle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:00 am

https://twitter.com/john_wheel/status/957693334402805760 wrote:Kin de Goblins, por @Thunt_Goblins Admito que no s├® para qu├® necesita un bast├│n una naga. http://goblinscomic.org/

613 The Evil
Remains Silent

Post by 613 The Evil » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:59 pm

I just read what happened now, I am grateful that such a kind artist is still among the living. Take care Thunt, I wish you a speedy and full recovery. It was indeed scary to read, I can't imagine how it is to live through all this...

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] Kore reference sheet

Post by Krulle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:22 am

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Drawing Kore for the upcoming page. This is the reference sheet I built, to keep track of all of his damage. Forgath really beat the crap out of him, last time we saw him.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Been feeling really good lately, so today I did a light workout.

Pfft. Brain hemorrhages, shmrain shmemorrhages!

Um... that's me mocking my own brain hemorrhage, and not me exhibiting brain damage from said hemorrhage.
I really, really, really like the passage where Thunt says he's "Been feeling really good lately".

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:36 am

As a side note, I wonder what would happen if Kore hypothetically did meet someone up to his standards. Actually that could be an interesting plot point, a village of 'perfect' people he's 'rescued' that see him as a hero, like a cult of personality.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 am

I'm overjoyed that Kore doesn't have armor-repairing magic or gadgetry. Forgath's efforts were not in vain!
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:34 am

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I know that there is nothing exciting about this picture, but I don't care. I'm super bored. We're waiting for the ferry to take us to Vancouver so I can get my follow up exam after my brain surgery.
[url=https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/958953021488050176]@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins[/url], about 13 hours later wrote:Waiting for the ferry to take us home. Danielle and I are exhausted. But the doctor said everything is cool. Also we had an amazing time hanging out with old friends that I haven't seen in too long.
Yay, everything is cool! Which sounds like "nearly as good as could be hoped for", or even better.
Glad to read that.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] more fanart!

Post by Krulle » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:23 am

https://twitter.com/Evileatinggrass/status/960995474391076864 wrote:@Thunt_Goblins I had fun drawing this even though it's got lots of issues. Plus i think this filter makers it look cooler
To boldly go where no Adventuring Party has gone before!

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:11 am

Looks like something directly out of Fumbles' mind... and I'd pay to watch an episode of that. :D
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:45 am

Can't we have the "Goblins:Animated" do this instead?

But then, maybe not....

But indeed, I'd pay (within reason) to get this as a bonus story (for the dead tree copies) or a Patreon only bonus story.

But would it be smart to put Minmax as captain?
Me thinks, Forgath would be better.
Kin as councelor is perfect, just as Complains of Names as Klingon/Security officer.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:59 pm

I think he was put in that seat because he most closely resembles Picard. I, for one, would buy the popcorn for everyone simply to watch the mayhem of MinMax being the Captain.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:21 pm

I agree, when I saw Minmax standing there, that did remind me of Monsieur Picard's posture.

I indeed like this bit of fanart very 's really something different.
And I find it weird that my kids seem to be growing up without Star Trek....