Star Wars Saga Edition - The long Shot

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Star Wars Saga Edition - The long Shot

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:48 am

The Scroll
http://tokata.fr/star-words/?id=0hatu2c

A long time ago in a Galaxy Far, Far away...

STAR WARS

The Long Shot

A New Order has risen from the ashes of the Empire intent on reclaiming its former glory and conquering the rest of the known galaxy.

The last remaining forces of the resistance are deep in hiding, barely able to withstand the encroaching darkness.

Far from the front lines, a secret plan is nearing completion, A plan that will hopefully put an end to the Empire and the New Order before they even had a chance to begin.

Lady Q slowly comes awake, head reeling, feeling lost and confused. Her in-born ability to see without eyes helping her bring the world around her slowly into focus and she finds herself in a small dimly lit room, a grated door closing off one end. Her hands are locked behind her back and a hood has been placed, quite ineffective over her head.

Moments after Lady Q awakes, Rando Rollrissian, his head feeling like a ton of bricks, also wakes up, finding himself in darkness, something obviously draped over his head to keep him from seeing his surroundings.

Many more moments later, Yan Yolo, a small whimper of pain escaping his lips, his tentacles quivering as he comes awake into darkness and overwhelming silence.

Seconds later, the small body of a Jawa jerks awake, a hiss of excitement on its lips as it comes to, also into darkness, and silence.

The silence is broken by the sound of footsteps on stone, and the sound of four grated doors opening almost in perfect sync with one another. The only one able to actually see anything, Lady Q is able to observe as a heavily built human strong-arms her into a standing position and starts pushing her out of the door.
The others, unable to see what is happening, hear doors open, footsteps towards them and then a feeling of being dragged to their feet.

One by one the group is hauled down several corridors until they arrive at some central point of the complex. To Q's senses, the room is massive.

As they are dragged onward, a voice cuts the otherwise empty silence of shuffling feet, speaking in basic.

"That's no way to treat our guests, remove those hoods and cuffs at once."

The guards are quick to react to the given commands and hoods and cuffs are removed, revealing the group of complete strangers not only to one another, but to where they are.

The room you find yourselves in is beyond massive. Stone stretches skyward with no end in sight and continues in every direction as well. But your eyes are drawn to a central point in the room. A massive stage of scientific equipment and computers are setup around a triangular shaped object which dominates the center of the room.

Three figures in off-white lab coats stand prominently before you. A khil, a human and an Arkanian. The human smiles as he speaks. "Welcome, welcome, prison...cough volunteers at last, at last the rebellion has sent us the resources we need to complete our research. Oh but please, allow me to introduce myself, I am Dr. Maratz, one of the greatest physicians you'll ever meet. To my right is Dr. Salabin, a renowned Arkanian scientist and to my left is Gorzar, known across the galaxy for his research into the ancient Gree and their technology."

The arkanian, introduced as Dr. Salabin, grins at you, a mad look in his eye. Other than the equipment surrounding them, you can see several species of what you can safely assume are assistants running this way and that.

"You may address me as Sal" The arkanian smiles "And together we are going to change history." The twinkle in his eye turns into a far-off look as you can tell the man is no longer seeing you but has begun thinking about something else entirely as he starts to cackle madly to himself.

Quarg

Re: Star Wars Saga Edition - The long Shot

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:50 am

Q quietly lowers herself to the floor in a kneeling position while slowly glancing across all of the instrumentation before her...
Perception: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24
And tries to understand what instruments she is seeing and what they possibly mean for this 'project'
Knowledge Check (Physical Sciences): 1D20+9 = [7]+9 = 16
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 am

The computers and instruments are connected in a daisy chain formation around the central-most object. Many seem to be connected to it in various ways. She can more feel than hear a low humming sound which seems to exist in floor of the building she is standing in. From this distance, she isn't completely positive, but the computers seem to be crunching numbers on astrological information.

Sal looks at Q and beams down at the kneeling Q "The respect that you show me pleases me greatly, I think I will grow to like working with you."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:
Sal looks at Q and beams down at the kneeling Q "The respect that you show me pleases me greatly, I think I will grow to like working with you."
Q says nothing for a moment, looking for some reference materials or other paperwork to find among the scientists.

Perception: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:16 pm

While the room is filled to overflowing with machines and equipment, paperwork is lacking. Q is unable to find any specific reference materials.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Yan Yolo rubs his pained head and mutters "Nggg....I should never have challenged that wookie to a drinking contest" He checks whether his gear and weapons is still on his person.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:05 pm

As Yan checks himself, he finds that the only thing he has on is his Flight Suit, everything else appears to be missing.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 pm

The human scientist holds up a datapad, his fingers touching here and there on its surface which in turn makes beeping and booping sounds. In moments, 8 humans, in black overalls hurry up to the central object, every 2 of them carrying a sleek metal locker which they place gently on the floor. Dr. Maratz waves the volunteers over toward the triangle and begins talking as he walks. The large men who brought them here continue to walk beside the party members, leaving you little option but to follow the scientists. "In the lockers here you will find your things, lovingly treated of course, of course. We have taken your credit chips away however, and replaced them with equally valued gemstones."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:16 pm

"Gemstones?...Oh by the Mercy of the Force your going to dump us in some god awful nowhere..." Q looks up at the man trying to corral her, "Do I look like a Wampa to you?" she states dryly.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:15 pm

The matter of his equipment settled, Yan gazes about the room."Look, this is quite an impressive setup you've got and all, but where in the blazin' galaxy are we?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Nuw looks around in excitement when he finally has his hood off of his face. Prizon? Did he get caught somehow? That must he it. He rubs his hands where is cuffs were and looks around at his surroundings, gazing at the computers.His attention snaps back when he hears tech. He looks at Sal with excitement, wondering what has gotten the man so giddy.

He quiclkly takes his things out of the locker and snags his Roomba droid and loads it with non essentials. He gets his vox box, recorder and his datapad.

Code: Select all

Experiments?
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Rando struggles to tamp down his anger at his mistreatment, and goes to recover his belongings.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:26 am

As the team of complete strangers try not to run over each other as they collect their things, another 2 humans walk up carrying a 5th locker and open it.

Sal attempts to answer Yan, but is quickly cut off by Gorzar who had until this time remained silent, looking very intently at a data-pad in his hands. "No time to explain anything, get ready, it's nearly time." The man swipes at a few buttons and a cloud of dust falls from somewhere up above as the sound of metal grating on grating reverberates through the cavernous room. Light streams into the area through an opening near the top of the room and falls into the dark hole that you are standing in. As it streams in, you are able to see a series of Seven large transparent discs that seem to both collect and direct the light which finally falls directly on the triangle in the center of the room. The humming that Q heard before grows louder and more intense, the giant room seems to fill with energy. "Quickly now, it's about to happen." Gorzar directs them with a wave. The burly men herd the group up a few steps onto a dais beneath the pillars that make up the now lit up triangle. As they move, two panels move in the floor, and two posts, similar to the ones forming the triangle move up out of the floor until they come to a stop above your heads, turning the triangle into a pyramid.

Dr. Maratz grabs something from a locker and walks up to Rando, handing him a black backpack. "Everything is explained within, seek out flash-point station when you arrive."

The light seems to solidify into a solid wall of hazy translucent light and a loud whump can be heard and then all is quiet.

You find yourself in the same cavernous room but there is an obvious lack of scientific machines and equipment. You are suddenly very alone.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:59 am

Nuw looks around, a bit saddened all the tech and interesting people are suddenly gone. Nuw opens the bag and starts going through it.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:06 am

Nuw rips the bag from the stunned arms of Rando and begins rooting through it. Inside he finds:
A Data-Pad Disc - 1x
A Data-Pad with a static display of the reaches of the known galaxy.
Rations - 12x
In the very bottom of the bag, he finds an Orbital Beacon with a note attached that says in basic
"Leave the building complex and stick this beacon in the ground outside to call for some help.
Make your way to Flash-Point station for direction, give the included Data-Disc to whoever is in charge.
May the Force be with you."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:33 am

Nuw's eyes beamed, or was that just his natural glow? Either way he looks at the disk and puts it in his datapad and looks to see what is on it, excidedly moving around and clapping his hands.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 am

Lady Q watches the Jawa tear open the pack and then pluck a data cube from it into his data pad.

"Alright Jawa...What is in that bag that makes you so happy? The deed to a couple thousand droids?" she states dryly in basic while checking the contents of her flight bag and putting back on her jacket.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Yan watches his companions. "So, was anyone else here kidnapped while trying to have a quiet drink? Look, if we're going to be working together, I think we should get a few basics into the open. I'm Yan Yolo. You probably wouldn't have heard of me." Examining one of the crystals that has apparently replaced his "gambling fund", he tries to identify them as a local currency, which might be a clue as to what system we find ourselves in. Knowledge (Galactic lore): _: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:57 pm

As Nuw sips the data cube into his data-pad he finds that no information springs to life, but instead an error appears on the screen that simply reads "Location Error".

Lady Q is satisfied to find the contents of her flight bag exactly as she had last had it.

Yan examines the gemstones carefully. He is unable to figure out exactly where they are because he realizes that these gemstones would hold their value regardless of where in the galaxy they found themselves to be in.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Saddened Nuw puts the disc back in the bag. He waves at Yan with a smile. The Jawa writes on his datapad.

Code: Select all

Nuw Tavio
and points to himself.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:13 pm

"Lady Quantallia Rocmassar Volskaria" She states before waking over to the Jawa..."Alright Nuw Tavic...what items did that bunch of Hutt progeny leave us? Because I'm fairly sure they bought my s** discount from that idiot Butha after he used knockout gas in my cabin." She laughs, "Of course he doesn't have the right password for the code cylinders...or even know where the right code cylinder is...which means..." She laughs again, "So I've likely got an over bread idiot with a heavily overarmed corvette hunting me now..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:08 pm

The jawa shakes his head and gives a thumbs down. He shows her the piece of paper and lets her read it. He looks st her with confusion when she talks. He presses a few couple buttons on the vox box *I- no I understand.* He wished these things had more options.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:The jawa shakes his head and gives a thumbs down. He shows her the piece of paper and lets her read it. He looks st her with confusion when she talks. He presses a few couple buttons on the vox box *I- no I understand.* He wished these things had more options.
"You don't speak basic?" She reads the paper and snarls slightly at it..."Flash-point station?"
Physical Sciences Astronomy; Galactic Knowledge: 1D20+9 = [17]+9 = 26
1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12

"Does anyone know anything about "Flash-point station?"

She then looks at the jawa...
"What do you speak?..I assume Jawa trade but I don't know that..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:34 pm

Nuw shakes his head and points to his throat. When asked about other languages he tries to whistle 'Binary' in binary.

(Jawas lack the organs to be able to speak basic. But I do not know if he can speak binary or not. Which is why I put tries down.)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 pm

"[binary]?" she asks in Binary.

After confirmation she continues
[droid talk normal only --end--
see now data pad use --end--
query: location known? -end]

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Quarg on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr