MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15073

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:25 pm

((At the very least, she saw you about to fiddle with the door, since you weren't being stealthy about it)).

"I don't know! The last person to try was simply vaporised! Poof! Just like that!"

Ah'Sereen frowns again. She suspects the woman is telling the truth about what happened to her, and truly wants to be freed. But the rest seems forced. Or maybe she's just being paranoid?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:40 pm

"Vaporised? Magic then."

Frowning, Warryn regards the door again, muttering to himself.

"I could likely Dispel it, if the enchantment is weak enough. But I'd rather not waste the effort if freeing her would be easier..."

Turning back to the prisoner, he asks some questions of his own. He shows none of the tact or sympathy the girls had done, but at least he wasn't threatening her like that brute of a dwarf.

"What is on the other side of the door? People? How many? Do they feed you, or does the curse take care of that? How long have you been here?"

"You said the Medusa leaves you here to watch for newcomers. How many times has this happened? How do you contact her when they arrive? What does she do with them afterwards?"

"And if you are a prisoner here, why would the Medusa let your touch open the door? What would be the point, if you're chained away from it. Has no-one released you before now?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:55 pm

"To taunt me perhaps? Through that door lies her lair. It is vast and full of terrible creatures, and the statues of her many victims. The three sisters are there too, taken from the world they ruled peacefully and justly! They must be set free!"

She gives Warryn a pointed look.

"If I had been released, do you think I would still be here? It has been an age since I last saw anyone real... Please! Free me or go back! I cannot stand to look upon that room a moment longer and be unable to reach it!"

She slumps to one side, sobbing.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15073

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Ah'Sereen suspects that the tears may be a little over the top, but she at least seems to believe what she's saying.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5303
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:45 pm

"You're not in a position to demand much, missy." Dain growls at her.
Dain looks back at the picture. "Can we even get back through the painting? Portals aren't necessarily two way, you know. And I'd rather not get 'vaporized' experimenting."

((Grumpy dwarf with short fuse doesn't have much use for histrionics. :P ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 pm

The woman just sobs.

((Unless you were asking the painting?))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12061

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:09 pm

"...The logical deduction, much as I'd hate to say it, is to leave for tonight, and allow me to prepare a remove curse spell to reduce the risk of any of these things... And a zone of truth if some of you are worried about her lying." I state, clearly believing her distress- And NOT happy with how some people seemed to be treating her, giving the occasional glare as she was standing somewhat protectively in front of her.

"Naturally, that does mean we can't sell it tonight... If none of you are happy with that, too bad. Try to argue for lost time in that, clearly, this discovery makes it far more valuable than first claimed."

"...Well, that is assuming we can actually go back."

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:11 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Warryn has Erik touch the painting, to see if that sends them back (holding him up to it if he has to).

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12061

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:38 pm

Warryn wanders back over to the painting, and moves to hold Erik up to it. Just as he's about to though, he spots a ghostly little boy standing by the doorway. He waves.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:42 pm

((Is the ghost in the painting doorway, or the trapped doorway?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:44 pm

((in the painting doorway))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 pm

The woman sobs:

"Please don't leave me like this! Please! The moon is only full for two days! If you can't return before it begins to wane you will be trapped outside and I will still be here! Please!"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Pausing for a second, Warryn studies the ghostly boy. Then, he has Erik touch the painting as planned - ignoring the women's wails.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Erik boops the painting and vanishes from Warryn's grasp and mind, only to reappear a few moments later in the crypt. The ghost-boy floats towards it and squats down, holding his hand out to the little animal as if he wants to pat it. Erik appears wary but curious enough to start approaching the boy slowly.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5303
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Dain looks suspiciously at the apparition. "What in the 9 Hells is that?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15073

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Ah'sereen looks at the woman. "Is he a friend of yours?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 pm

"I have no friends in this forsaken place!"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5303
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Dain looks at the woman, and then suddenly gets a grim looking smile on his face. "You want free, do you? How badly? What are you willing to do to gain your freedom?"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 am

Seeing that Erik is alright, Warryn touches the painting too. Let the others deal with this mess in here - he'd rather wait out in the crypt with the ghost-child. At least it seems vaguely friendly.

Assuming he does pass back to the crypt, Warryn has Erik return to his side while he studies the ghost from a safe distance.

Arcana check: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24

"Who are you?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote:Dain looks at the woman, and then suddenly gets a grim looking smile on his face. "You want free, do you? How badly? What are you willing to do to gain your freedom?"
She glares at him, fixing him with a surprisingly hard look despite the tear stains on her face.

"What do you want?"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5303
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:34 am

"You know what's on the other side of that door. You know how to find your way around. You know what kind of hazards are in there. You want free, you earn it. You guide us safely, we all go home richer for it. You guide us poorly...well, maybe you weren't so deserving of freedom after all."

Post Reply