Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:20 am

But why Guile? It's not weak, it's not strong, but it could become strong. If you wanted a mediocre roll you could suggest a statistic roll instead of a skill?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:39 am

Phoenix already has Probability Control, Burns. He's a Warper, same as Irene.

In which case, why not just give Phoenix the opposite of Irene's skill? He gets to roll twice on Probability Control and keep the best result as long as he only targets himself? It's a bit boring, bit it fits the differences in their characters - Irene is all about being selfless and helping others, while Phoenix is a very "I come first" kinda guy.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:44 pm

I like the idea of it being opposite of Irene actually. It makes a feature both of us have into something more personal, and it also fits into the warper theme of bending reality to their will.
Self preservation vs Selfless, different lifes, different view points on the world, and a different expression of the same talent.

Plus a scene where Phoenix has to make a near impossible roll where he gets to reroll four times is amusing to me. At that point we're almost forcing him to succeed :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Done. Whenever Phoenix uses probability control on strictly himself, he can roll twice and keep the best result.

As for Bjorn...

Quick mount
Static - Mounting may be performed as a shift action, or as a swift action when combined with a shift getting on top of the mount

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Uhhh. What does it mean by combining a swift action with a swift action? Don't you only get one?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Typo, meant to type shift. Edited post.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm

I don't think I understand it. You can choose to either use a Shift action to mount, or you can use a Shift + a Swift to mount? Why would you ever pick the second option?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:43 pm

The first option is only available when you're already next to your pokemon, the swift action is if you actually have to shift to reach it, first.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:35 pm

So does anyone need/want a dark pulse/brick break/x-scissor tm for their team? If not I'll just pick one at random to carry around.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:04 pm

None here.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:45 pm

The Brick Break TM might be nice for Cris. If somebody else wants one though, let them have it. I'm not 100% sure when we'll meet up again, so yeah.

Also, I like the new edge. One question, though. Does that work for rolls regarding my pokemon as well, or just for Phoenix?

Also, EXP

Kanga gains 55 EXP, gaining a level and a point in SPD

Charming gains 345 EXP and gains 4 levels, gaining points in SpAtk and Spd, two each.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:08 am

Only TM that interests me is Dark Pulse, and I already grabbed that one. If you don't want any, maybe get the most expensive one to sell later?

And how far away is the Sandile, Mort? Sand Tomb has a range of 5m, so I'm guessing about that far at most?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:18 am

Yeah, let's say it's 5 meters away. It could also have attacked, then shifted further away, but eh.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:29 am

Unless Bugsy was further than 5m away when he did the Energy Ball :P

But yeah, that's why I was asking. We don't really keep track of that as much as we should, huh? :lol:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Can I concede Bugsy despite the Vortex? Technically he's Trapped, so I can't just recall him...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 pm

I'm afraid this is kind of a case where Jack probably wouldn't have any issues doing that, except, realistically, he doesn't have any control over the vortex.

You haven't actually rolled last turn for that, though, so you can still try that and concede assuming you manage to break out. I messed up the DC anyways in that it lowers 6 each time, not 4- So I think the DC now would be 14?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about that Vortex roll.

Vortex: 7

Nope....

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Yup, sorry. Feel free to just start off with your next pokemon I suppose. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Technically Bugsy could still KO the Mightyena with another hit....but I've still got 3 other Pokemon left, and I'd rather get some exp on one of them. So yeah, let's just say he's KO'd.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Nope, vortex does damage before your turn. ;)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Oh yeah, got mixed up with the roll being at the end of the turn :lol:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:28 am

Sorry for the absence, been away at beach house over holidays and had no internet - forgot to inform everyone before I left! Back on board and read everything up to date.

EDIT: Question on the resting - Bjorn had 5 injuries and -11 HP. Then had an enriched water, so I presume up to 9 hp. Now, it says you can't restore HP naturally with 5 or more injuries, so is Bjorn still on 9HP even after that rest? Because if so, can I retroactively say he used a bandage on himself (or Extended Action and 2 AP) so he could at least heal while sleeping/resting?
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:21 am

Kay gets just 20xp (since the only thing she learned was how squishy Scraggy are), going up to Lv29 and gaining +1SDEF.
Nate gets 330xp, also hitting Lv29. He learns the move Wish, as well as gaining +1SATK, +1SDEF, and +2SPD.
Bugsy earns himself 255xp, ALSO hitting Lv29. Along with learning Electro Ball, he gains +1HP, +1SATK, and +1SPD.
Finally, Fern gets the remaining 345xp, reaching Lv30! She doesn't learn anything new, but does gain +1HP, +1ATK, +1DEF, and +1SDEF.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:57 am

Does Jack do any other prizes? Or just the money? :P
You got your other prizes in the maze. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 am

Fair enough :lol:

------------------------------

Izzy's second Gym victory gives her another Milestone, putting her on Lv11. And after watching the battle, she finally feels confident enough to sketch some Pokemon moves as a Chronicler (Technique Archive)! Also she hits a little harder now (+1SATK). For some reason.