Dec 14th 2017 - Aw, crap

Discuss the comic here!
Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Re: Dec 14th 2017 - Aw, crap

Post by Tofu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Wolfie wrote:Notice Kin's collar here. It's turned sideways and the ring where the leash would attach is touching the top of the gauntlet. The lines at the top of the gauntlet mimic how she used to wrap the leash around her arm. I think the gauntlet is the leash transformed. What used to be her torment and greatest fear is now something that protects her. Poetic.
Ooh, I do like this theory.

Excellent work.Gold Stars offered.

However, the lead just could be tucked under her top, or perhaps even had the curse removed by her fellow Kins, and she chose the lesson of the collar one she wears, with the leash removed. Perhaps it's just an ornament now. Perhaps with the same importance as her original 'Kin' necklace.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:09 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:
Tofu wrote:I think the leash is wrapped around her blue hand gauntlet.
It's not impossible for the gauntlet's feature to be "keep touching a cursed item with this to subdue a curse", but that's not the leash.
Ah, you are right, I concede :) Thanks.Well spotted.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:15 pm

I think the leash is wrapped around her arm and the gauntlet keeps it from being seen or grabbed.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Krulle wrote:@Xavier78: I do not see the leash hanging free.
I see the straps of her backpack, and the tail of her dragon (?) which could be mistaken for the leash.
And in panel 3, I see her upper arm which could be mistaken for the leash.
But I do not see the leash itself.
It is blueish (http://goblinscomic.com/comic/10222006). amd her glove ahs a white rope tied to it, which I initially thought to be the leash leading to herself, so that she symbolically holds her own actions in her own hand. But that rope is not the leash.
Maybe her leash has been transformed into a glove ?
But then, I often do not see the obvious, so I may be mistaken.
You are probably correct. I seen the white lines and assumed it was the leash. Upon looking at the previous comic I realize my mistake.

Liquidmark
Speaks Quietly

Post by Liquidmark » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:23 am

Wolfie wrote:Notice Kin's collar here. It's turned sideways and the ring where the leash would attach is touching the top of the gauntlet. The lines at the top of the gauntlet mimic how she used to wrap the leash around her arm. I think the gauntlet is the leash transformed. What used to be her torment and greatest fear is now something that protects her. Poetic.
I think it's wrapped around her arm under the rerebrace, vambrace and gauntlet that she's wearing.
WearsHats wrote:I think the leash is wrapped around her arm and the gauntlet keeps it from being seen or grabbed.
Beat me to it.

Moroser
Of Few Words

Post by Moroser » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm desperately turning the pages of the comic looking for the answers, but it's pretty inconvenient right now on a mobile device, so I hope someone will help me.

Don't the eyes of MinMay look a bit green (Kin-green) and the eyes of Kin purple (MM-purple) now? I can't find the page where it started. Here they still have "normal" eyes. Is it "true seeing" or just a decision of the new colorist?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Thunt is the one making that call; but looking over the bridge fight vs. your link, I think you've discovered a nice little detail.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:13 pm

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/05132015

This is the earliest I could see Minmax's green eyes.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:28 pm

I could have sworn I saw green eyes on the Dragon's Maw bridge, but now I'm not so sure on second viewing and he definitely has "normal" eyes while holding the gate open.

Davis, you're at least two pages late.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:48 am

Moroser wrote:Here they still have "normal" eyes. Is it "true seeing" or just a decision of the new colorist?
Eye colour only came in at the bridge fight, before then they all had plain black/white pupils.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:52 am

BuildsLegos wrote:Davis, you're at least two pages late.
So I am. I imagine someone looking at the HD patreon images could best find the first switch.

As far as the initial question goes, I'd say it must be intentional. I think I remember from a live stream Thunt showing a character profile sheet or two that had eye colors on them, and those matched the character's IME.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Thunt was just asked about the eyes in the livestream. He said their eyes have always been those colors. The detail of colored irises just didn't get added until recently.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:27 am

Also from the live Twitch feed:

Someone asked, here's the info: Kin's dragon name is Parchment, it's a "he", made of paper. And it is a dragon, thus CAN breath fire....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Krulle wrote:Kin's dragon name is Parchment, it's a "he", made of paper. And it is a dragon, thus CAN breath fire....
A fire-breathing paper dragon, nothing can go wrong! :lol:

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:50 am

Panels 5 and 6 make no sense. None at all.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:47 am

Xavier78 wrote:Panels 5 and 6 make no sense. None at all.
I do not see what the issue is with panels 5 and 6. Kin knew what door Minmax went through but when she tried to follow, the dungeon sent her to a different location. She was sent to a hallway that leads to a giant spiral staircase.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:24 am

Aye. Minmax chose a door (but never went through it) and Kin worked out that he'd chosen it and tried to follow. The goblins picked a different one and led him off in a different direction. They're on different paths.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:32 am

brnforce wrote:
Xavier78 wrote:Panels 5 and 6 make no sense. None at all.
I do not see what the issue is with panels 5 and 6. Kin knew what door Minmax went through but when she tried to follow, the dungeon sent her to a different location. She was sent to a hallway that leads to a giant spiral staircase.
Someone else explained it to me. Apparently she left the first hall and never stopped leaning on the wall so her location didn't make sense to me at the time.