The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:37 pm

The figure draws back the javelin in a scaled and clawed hand, but pauses as both the gnome and his pet giant badger look directly at it. It hisses in displeasure at being made before it could attack.

((Well, the figure with the javelin not only got spotted by both of you, but also rolled a 1 on initiative... so Maji's going first (after applying a -1 to your 19 since you're a less dexterous badger, followed by Coljin.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12705
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:49 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:((Not sure what time period it would have been invented, but carts/wagons can have brakes that press up against the wheel similar to the brakes on a wheelchair.))
Good to know :D

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14574
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm

(Actually I used flat d20s) So how far away is he guy? Can I run up to him and attack? Also is it a dragonborn?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 pm

((Oh... right, you took that into account when you rolled... alright, you're still going first. It is at the top of a rock, too far for you to run to and climb to attack (25-30 ft to rock, 20 ft up). It's hard to tell, it's wearing loose fitting garments and the facial features are shrouded. You can give me an insight check if you'd like.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14574
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:52 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:29 pm

((It is much smaller than you, at least in your natural form, maybe only 5-6 feet tall, and while the wrappings obscure the face, the hand *could* be that of a dragonborn, and you don't see a tail...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14574
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Maji will run up to the rock, ready action to rage if something hits him.

(I forget and I don't have pdf, does rage end if I don't take dmg or if I don't get attacked?)
Edit: found out.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1083
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Coljin will look at the robed subject and yell to him/it, "Do not attack. I have lots of friends here and some of them will be glad to end you, let's talk."

He will ready an action, he will shoot a crossbow bolt at the robed creature if it attacks.

crossbow attack: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4474

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 pm

NotStickFigures wrote:Coljin will look at the robed subject and yell to him/it, "Do not attack. I have lots of friends here and some of them will be glad to end you, let's talk."
"Oh, spork!" Randy tries to pick up the pace a little while not breaking stealth. He has his bow ready to draw the moment he has a target.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 pm

((Raging is a bonus action, so unfortunately, you can't ready it as an action. I understand that you're looking to avoid losing it, but you could have raged and bit your own paw or tongue or something to keep your anger up just in case... if you do, I'd say you could have just done minimum damage (1 after resistance).))

The figure, having been caught out, and facing down the bolt of a gnome held crossbow, darts down the far side of the rock, calling out in a hissing, rasping voice.
► Show Spoiler
Three giant lizards emerge each stretching 10-15 feet in length, tongues flicking as one focuses on the giant badger, and two on Coljin. The two scurry down the rock face, getting to about 20 ft from Coljin, eyeing him warily as they sweep to either side, moving to circle him.

The third slithers towards Maji and snaps at the badger...

((Let me know if you want to have raged and chomped yourself... or raged and gambled on whether you'd take damage before your next turn.))

*Edit: The lizard attacking Maji and one headed for Coljin have leather harnesses on them, with various bags and packs lashed tight.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14574
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:20 pm

(Oooh the rage chomp thing is a good idea, I will do that)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:39 pm

The lizard's jaws clamp down on the very angry badger, it gets a really good chomp going, but the angry, angry badger shrugs off some of the damage.

Giant lizard attack on Maji: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
Giant lizard Crit Bite on Maji: 2D8+2 = [4, 5]+2 = 11 --> reduced to 5

((Maji, you're up, followed by Coljin.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14574
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Maji is verry angry at the lizardman and makes a loud growling noise as he attacks
Rage bite, rage claw: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21
1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13
2D4+3 = [4, 1]+3 = 8

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:32 pm

((I'm assuming you're attacking the giant lizard in front of you?))

The snarling badger tears into the somewhat surprised lizard, who has quite literally bit off more than it can chew as Ma-dger gouges its flesh.

((Coljin is up.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14574
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:34 pm

(Yep!)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1083
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Coljin will send a crossbow bolt at one of lizards heading his way.

After the shot, he will drop his crossbow and get ready for hand to hand with shield and mace.

A not so good shot was rolled earlier for against the robe guy, or does he get a new roll for the lizard?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 pm

((You can take a fresh shot, but it'll be an action to get your shield situated.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8142
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:35 am

(How far away are Holger and I?)
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:59 am

((Those of you that headed off immediately will show up in a bit, I'll let you know.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1083
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:11 am

Coljin tries to hit one of the lizards.

Crossbow attack at Lizard: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:29 am

The crossbow bolt arcs wide, and Coljin drops it, pulling out his mace.

The robed figure pops up above the ridge again, hurling a javelin at the badger squared off against one of the lizards, before ducking back out of sight.
The first large lizard snaps at Coljin, but the cleric avoids the jaws, likewise avoiding the bite from the other one snapping at him from the other side.
The Ma-dger gets chomped though, and his giant badger form drops. The lizard looks a fair bit surprised to have a mouthful of big dragonborn and lets go.
((Maji's up, then Randerwaith, then Holger (need an inititative roll from Zephyr, as well as Tess and Ulmwin if they are joining in.). Randy and Holger, you guys are 80 feet or so from the action, having just rounded some stone spires, you see Coljin beset by two giant lizards, and Maji just popping back to his dragonborn form.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14574
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:43 am

Maji glares at the lizardfolk biting at him and lets out a loud hissing noise. He turns into a brown bear to rip his face off, roaring loudly at the lizardfolk

Rage bite, rage claw: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
1D8+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6
2D6+6 = [5, 1]+6 = 12

If he's done with this one, he's going to try to get the rogue.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13569

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:23 am

((There is no lizardfolk biting you, and Tess is too far away for you to attack.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4474

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:50 am

Randy will target the lizard mauling on Maj. He's at least trying to distract it.

Long Bow: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

long bow damage: 1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3

And distract is mainly what he looks like he'll accomplish. :meh:

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11185

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:55 am

Ulmwin joins the fray!

initiative: 1D20 = [2] = 2

Assuming the battle isn't over by the time he arrives.

Post Reply