Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Synch
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Numa would have fought them anyways. Even if we did take the money.
So let her, not our beef. You realise we're under no obligation to save every single pokemon we come across? Especially ones who are hiding out in abandoned facilities refusing to move. It cant just stay a ruins forever, eventually SOMEONE is going to want to do something with the place.

Also, she could just let them loot the place and go? She doesn't need to fight them, I doubt they want anything to do with her.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:28 pm

She's more of a person than a pokemon. One that cannot really leave due to circumstances. A sympathetic person that is forced out of thier home by a massive douche. I may have let my negativity get the better of me again. Sorry.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Okay, wow, I agree that this isn't a forced boss, but Synch? That's too aggressive. Swearing and shouting aren't suitable responses for one negative comment.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 pm

No shouting, sorry my tone would have come across wrong. I'm not angry/incensed etc. And I swear liberally in most of my daily conversations, I apologise for letting it come across in this medium, and for making it seem so hostile Burns.

Its more mild annoyance that Burns is playing a super-sanctimonious character, then accusing M0rt of it being a forced situation. If you play a a sanctimonious Greenpeace type character, then yes things are going to seem forced, but M0rt certainly gave us a choice here.

And now, because we really can't just leave Haley to her own devices, we're being pulled into a fight that you and I are trying to negotiate our way out of. Ergo, Haley's decision making is making it a forced battle for the rest of us!

Arch Lich Burns wrote:She's more of a person than a pokemon. One that cannot really leave due to circumstances. A sympathetic person that is forced out of thier home by a massive douche. I may have let my negativity get the better of me again. Sorry.
No, pretty sure she's a pokemon imitating a person. Yes she can leave, she's choosing not to (although I do sympathise with her.) Is she being forced out? I thought they were just looting the place (which is what we're doing :P)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Pokemon are people too! Especially if they can talk! :p

But as for whether she's being forced out, it's either she leaves or she's here when the Godslayers come, since Tex was just finding the place for his "employer," who are definitely the godslayers. And there's no doubt they'd realise she has Darkrai's gifts and either kill her or use her to find Darkrai and kill him.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:18 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:If you are going to do that, can I ask a few questions: what part of it's action is it to use wired? Because free action might be a bit much. And how many bots are there? And the styler says nothing in regards to trained mons, I assume it works on them? And how can it hop when it's asleep? And how far away is the ship?

Also: Yey. A forced boss battle
Free action for wired is definitely too much. Regularly I'd say it'd take a standard action, but I'm still looking at the current boss format to decide just how that is going to go.

Amount of bots: http://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 75#p242472

Styler does work on captured pokemon, too, but given that all it really does is allow you to substitute charm for survival, likely won't have effect on a loyal pokemon. ((And I suppose some trainers might not like it..?))

A pokemon with Wired obviously can't use the capability if it's asleep, but that requires it being asleep in the first place.

The ship is currently about... 20 meters away, say?

And yeah, I don't think you can call it "forced" when you got given a beeline straight to the exit, and failing that even an 20k offer to just "walk away".

But hey you can always beat them up then take the money right. :shifty: :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:31 am

And if it's in a bot already it can't sleep, can it?

Also, I rather doubt they're carrying that much money in cash. >.>
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 am

Pokebots are immune to sleep...
Dlover wrote:Also, I rather doubt they're carrying that much money in cash. >.>
M0rtimer wrote: :shifty: :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:18 am

Well, I mean, you're always so resistant to my Charm attempts, I thought maybe Guile would work better on reverse psychology. Looks like that's failed too. I'LL FIND A WAY TO MANIPULATE YOU ONE DAY! :lol:
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:24 am

But would a bot transfer it's immunities to the wired pokemon itself? Rotom probably won't.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:43 am

Seems dumb if a bot can't be put to sleep but the 'mon in it can.

Also, if we do fight, I really hope those voltorb bots don't have Explosion or Self-Destruct, because those would probably just straight up kill anyone and everything caught in the blast at our level. Well, if all the rolls are terrible they wouldn't but that's not likely.

I've also realised that Alex has basically the same stats as Adrian. A bit more health, and less speed. That's probably the sign of an awful pokemon.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:47 am

By your own logic synch: you could leave Haley behind to fight. You do not have to stay behind and just take the money. But...I do have a plan that will let us get the money and numa not be exposed...if we dont fight first.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Except it's a rule that you don't leave a player behind unless you have to or they tell you to. Maybe not an actual rule, but a social one.

And maybe you want to try putting that plan into motion now? Conditional if Luna doesn't reveal that she's good at healing things?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:50 am

Swift: Auto hit so nobody can move tex or hopper out of the way. It is also a friendly move
Just gonna butt in here for a second and say that I'm pretty sure that's factually incorrect? No miss moves just automatically pass the AC check, it doesn't prevent them from not getting hit if they somehow manage to shift out of the target square(s) in time.
I can clearly recognise Tatsumaki, though I'm not sure why you chose her for Numa, except maybe "Short girl, powerful."
They actually have more similarities going than just that.

They're both brats because they're so powerful and never really had anyone able to stand up to them, for instance.
As for Hopper, the image looks familiar, but it's way too small for me to make out details.
It's "The One Electronic", probably best known for the comic "Rice boy" Although personally I prefer order of tales myself, just seemed to have a better overarching story compared to rice boy,
even if it is B/W. Vattu seems promising in that it has the better story of Order of Tales combined with the colors of rice boy.

Basically picked him because if you turn that coat white and replace his head with more of a "flat screen monitor" kind of thing, you've got Hopper.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:03 am

just gonna butt in here for a second and say that I'm pretty sure that's factually incorrect? No miss moves just automatically pass the AC check, it doesn't prevent them from not getting hit if they somehow manage to shift out of the target square(s) in time
I meant that they cannot be intercepted by anybody except with protection moves. And I didn't target squares, I targetted people.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:07 am

What Burns means is that the Swift can't be Intercepted, which for AoE moves comes in the form of pushing the target out of the AoE.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:10 am

Yeah, I can see the similarities between Tatsumaki and Numa. Born with exceptionally strong powers for her kind, not inherently bad but is definitely a brat with a big ego (because she's never met anyone she couldn't beat), much more powerful than her sibling(s) despite looking small and weak, etc.

And auto-hit moves ignore accuracy, but they can still be "dodged" by some effects. Shield moves like Protect and Detect, for example. Parry and Dodge would probably work too. Intercepts definitely don't work though - they're pretty explicit about that in the rules. Are there any other effects that allow the user to move out of the path of an attack?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:13 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
just gonna butt in here for a second and say that I'm pretty sure that's factually incorrect? No miss moves just automatically pass the AC check, it doesn't prevent them from not getting hit if they somehow manage to shift out of the target square(s) in time
I meant that they cannot be intercepted by anybody except with protection moves. And I didn't target squares, I targetted people.
I was going to say that I was pretty sure that no miss only means passing the AC check, but on inspecting stuff again I noticed that it's actually defined under intercepted ranged- You're right, it can't be intercepted.

There is also the Dive feat, but given that no miss can't be intercepted, I'm gonna go ahead and say that also can't be used on no miss moves.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:16 am

Ah thanks for that dlover. I edited a bunch of conditions if Tex so happens to move put of the way. ^-^

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:20 am

Burns, could you give me an stealth roll if you're attempting to frisk Tex from (some) items? Such an action would probably also cause him to wake up...

And yes, I am quite certain that Numa is a zorua.

And sorry Dlover, I saw you using focused orders and consecutively somehow missed you switching in your pokemon- It'll be out next turn.

edit: also, how did no one point out I forgot to add the map? :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:16 am

Ah, I didn't realize I have to stealth. Eh...if I have to use stealth I'd rather not. I'll do something a bit more productive than wake Tex up. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Eh, I assumed you were complaining about the difficulty of getting the map right because it wasn't getting done.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:13 am

Burns, there's no real rulings about using tech edu in any capacity to try and harm/disable a pokebot (At least, I don't see anything)... But I agree it should potentially be possible. Let's say it can be used to deal direct damage to a bot, but I'd require you to go into melee range and give me an AC roll? (With same AC as struggle, so 4)

I'd even consider what could happen on crits/high rolls as additional effects such as disabling a pokebot, but at that point I think we're no longer looking at just a freely available action but at something that should be an homebrew edge. (Which probably wouldn't be worth it, given pokebots aren't exactly common in this setting)

Synch, what you said is correct, but it should be noted that the hoppip/jufplum bots are also all levitating...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:34 am

[1d20] = 20 I think you might want to figure out what happens when she crits. :lol:

If the feature only affects bots, yea that would be an issue, maybe if it can affect various machinery? And possibly steel/electric types if that's not too much. (Honestly I have not set my mind of what my feature would be so it may end up being soemthing to do with robits/tech if we homebrewed something after the battle)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:59 am

You know, I think trying to re-wire a robot mid-battle is maybe a bit much... :roll:

Plus, if all she's doing is dealing damage, then that's basically an attack with extra steps. Would you allow Drake to make a Poke Edu check to deal damage to a Pokemon? Or let Izzy use Occult Edu against ghosts?

If you want my opinion, you should make a combat manoeuvre for it. For example;
Maneuver: Disrupt
Action: Standard
AC: 4
Class: Status
Range: Melee, 1 Target
Effect: You attempt to disrupt a robotic enemy. Make a Tech Edu check against the target's Focus (minimum Untrained 2d6). If you succeed, the target is Slowed, Blinded, or Vulnerable for one full round (choose one). You can only use this once per Scene per target.
This is just my idea based off existing Manoeuvres. Focus seemed to make the most sense, but bots don't have any by default, hence the min Untrained bit. You might have a better idea for it though.
► Show Spoiler