Discuss the comic here!
ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

2 October 2017 We're all okay here.

Post by ForgetsOldName » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Looks very Junior-ish now.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/splooorrk
Last edited by WearsHats on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Plasmeus
Mutters to Themself

Re: 2 October 2017 We're all okay here.

Post by Plasmeus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Ahhhh! Are minmax and bowst player characters played by the same person? sonuvacrap! Aghhhh! Scary!

Edit:
<_<
>_>

I keep saying this! I keep saying it dang nabbit across every new monster. Even if it's junior or Door or anything else.
I keep saying it because if I keep saying it then I'll keep being wrong and I won't ever have to see this nightmare thunt has concocted.

<_<
>_>

It's a GREATER FINGER HORROR!!!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:57 am

What are those glowing egg bits in a line? Pretty sure we'll find out soon.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:13 am

Krulle wrote:What are those glowing egg bits in a line? Pretty sure we'll find out soon.
You can see them better on the last two pages. They may just be another variant of what Idle called "sick rocks."
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:23 am

ForgetsOldName wrote:
Krulle wrote:What are those glowing egg bits in a line? Pretty sure we'll find out soon.
You can see them better on the last two pages. They may just be another variant of what Idle called "sick rocks."
A couple of pages back, on the page dubbed "Mud" that starts this scene, you can see they're part of a highway safety guide rail thingy edging the mud path they're on. On the other side of it is a drop-off to a glowing chasm. It's the same yellow glow that's radiating up from the pit the warped-klik monster emerged from.

On that same page, look on the other side of that barrier. There's a pointy rock with glowing holes and greenish-brown tips poking out of the holes. Is that only a detail of "general weirdness" as I thought at the time, like the arch of rocks that looks like a spine? Or is it our first sight of this new monster?

And on that point... has Thunt mentioned a name for this thing? It's clearly not Junior, though it's the same kind of creature. Warped Klik? That's the type of monster. This one's major enough, we're going to want to talk about it. It needs its own personal moniker!
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:25 am

Well, he did tweet something about this monster:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:This monster by Dave Trampier, astonished me in the early 80s. I fully admit to paying my respects to it in Goblins.
And some hours before, he tweeted about nightmares:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Horror scares you by coming TO you from the darkness. From places unknown. It never scares you by consciously, deliberately coming FROM you.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:If, like me, you suffer from recurring nightmares, make them come FROM you. Draw them. Write them. CREATE them. Then they can't scare you.

Editar
Remains Silent

Post by Editar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:25 am

I'm hoping Bowst doesn't die here because he's funny and is ultimately a good guy despite being a jerk to Forgath at first. I love the "Twogath" scene and the tenderness with which he treats his duty to kill Idle is very moving. However it wouldn't surprise me, both because of the power we've seen another monster click possess and because it would be an interesting turn for the story if Forgath had to take over the killing duties. A dirtier comic might have him take over the sex duties when Idle dies, but I doubt Tarol will do that.

On another note, I used "monster" rather than "warped" to describe the Klik that was Dies Horribly's arm on purpose because while I'm guessing it was "born warped," as described by Ward, I am not sure. His description of what happens when an infected Klik dies fits with how Gray Klik died. This new monster definitely looks as wild as Arm Klik. Is it a good bet both of those Klik's were warped? What do we think happens to regular, uninfected Kliks when they die? If it's only the infected ones that become dust and can be reborn, that seems like a cheap way to bring back gray Klik.

Matney X
Whispers Softly

Post by Matney X » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:32 am

ForgetsOldName wrote:Looks very Junior-ish now.
http://goblinscomic.com/comic/12142012 <-- Last time we saw Junior.

I'm not saying this isn't a warped Klik, just that it's not Junior. Last update, I stated the greens are all wrong (and they still are); this time, I'll focus on the eye sockets... Junior doesn't have any.
Plasmeus wrote:It's a GREATER FINGER HORROR!!!
Those limbs are definitely finger-y,

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Yeah, it's not seeming so much like Junior on this page.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:16 pm

This is too far removed from Junior's last appearance having sucked up a rib cage and bones to become something like this, unless he's been warped even more thanks to Hell's presence.

I'm gonna go with "yeah, no" until we see a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from being smacked with some kind of magical energy.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

raaabr
Likes to Contribute

Post by raaabr » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:13 pm

Oh wow that thing is....yikes.
Sometimes I get the feeling that If I was a goblin I would be called "Chews scenery". I have no idea why people might think that!

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:00 am

I'm fully in the camp that I don't believe this is Junior. However, if this is the other warped klik, that's got me worried about everyone here. I mean they can't be that much more powerful that Former Drow Party was and they didn't even get an attack off before Junior smoked them. Short of someone figuring out the warped klik's negative, man... this could be bad times.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Hopefully Salt and Ward have seen a warped Klik a time or two, and have some knowledge that will help.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 am

I don't even believe that this is a warped Klik.
Ward pointed out how seldom they are. [1]

It would be quite a coincidence if there are two at the same time running around.
Also, Junior did not seem the passive type to lay down and wait in a trap. Doesn't tell us anything about other warped Kliks....

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Post by Morgaln » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:37 am

Krulle wrote:I don't even believe that this is a warped Klik.
Ward pointed out how seldom they are. [1]

It would be quite a coincidence if there are two at the same time running around.
Also, Junior did not seem the passive type to lay down and wait in a trap. Doesn't tell us anything about other warped Kliks....
That very same page has a recap about Forgath's current story arc, which is hunting a warped klik created by the racist axe; so yes, there are two warped kliks running around currently.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:24 am

I donÔÇÿt know which Klik would that be.
And they are moving away from the group of Kliks....

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:53 am

This is the page where we find out about the second, non-Junior, warped Klik. It's the whole reason we left the other Kliks.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Oh thanks. I totally forgot.
This comic needs faster updating...

Shardstorm
Of Few Words

Post by Shardstorm » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:09 pm

It would make sense for this to be the warped Klik. It gets it out of the way for the story to move on to the main event, and allows a preview for the Junior fight. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have basically two of the same big bad running around. You use this to show how hard the fight with Junior will be, and drop something along the lines of them getting exponentially stronger the longer they live to set up the power curve. And it looks enough like Junior that I'd believe it's the same sort of enemy.
- ANZ based gamer and reader.