Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Ruined Kingdom: Post-boom. (Always open)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm

As the divining may be too vague with a world worth of worries go ahead and focus on the girl. You say shadow magic is rare-ish, Would I be able to learn it?
Start with the Necropolis. Morgue's warlord has disappeared, and I am concerned that he has gone to deny its power to the invaders. Such an act could bring great destruction.
While tutoring the child is critical, the safety of this kingdom is moreso, please try to determine the danger.

"The Necropolis, you say..? How accurate you might be with such a prediction worries me- You'd have to be a fool to try and use such dangerous environment to your own advantage, and a madman to try and harness it's power... But we've not exactly heard that this warlord is a man of virtue and reason."

"Very well. I shall attempt to scry the necropolis site. The ambient magic there tends to... Meddle with results, but I shall manage. Question remains what we should do if it turns out he is indeed plotting something- We may already be too late."

"As for shadow magic- Most certainly, sire. Being a dragon, there is nary a type of magic you cannot touch. And it's not like shadow magic is one that is truly hard to learn for mages, too. It is an advanced concept, though, and rare to learn as your first school... Usually, new mages tend to show it in the form of one of the basic elements."

>The Magister will scry the Necropolis.
Willing to spend a coin to set up a temporary camp, Families of the useful ones can enter.
A coffer for those refugees shoe cannot reach other lands is acceptable for humanitarian purposes.
Take a coffer and setup a temporary camp for the refugees. Once the camp is created, tell them my offer, skilled laborers and those with magic inclinations are welcome to move into our city and take up jobs and tasks in the areas in which they are skilled. The families of those who are skilled are also welcome. To the rest of you, stay here for the winter and I ask their leaders what they would have us do for them. If they want, they can settle within our kingdom, create small self-sufficient communites.

"Understood, sire. And I shall take that as my means to assist the regent in his efforts... Barring you have another task for me."

>A gold coffer will be spent on a refugee camp.
>The Emissary will assist the Regent.

>The court has received their orders.
>Time passes...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:43 am

Would it be possible for the Emissary to do this briefly?
While that is happening, Please open take this talking orb to Tiamet, I would like to talk with her personally about the situation at hand.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:58 am

Delivering it to her probably wouldn't be a quick job. But I do see the importance of being able to contact her, especially with some sort of disaster coming.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:08 am

And, I wonder if we might be able to "talk her into" sharing some of Gravenplace land" with us. It would be a nice oppurtunity for us to "gain some land"....I was actually thinking that, we could provide aid to finish the "capture of the kingdom" and in doing so earn some of their goodies.

Like creating a puppet state.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:45 pm

At this stage I think they've probably pretty much secured it themselves.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:04 pm

You can have one of the orbs delivered to Tiamat if you'd wish, but it would likely take up the Emissary's action for this season. Do you guys want to change it's action to that?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:32 am

mm, maybe next season then...depending on how this refugee crisis works.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:40 am

We are not stealing oand from our allies :meh:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:07 am

Hopefully the great crisis thing doesn't happen before we get the orb to her. Or we can say that it's to make sure we can contact each other about future events, as a result of this one.
My game:

My characters:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:38 am

Well, I was thinking the Emissary could deliver it and then we..err, the dragon could talk to her.

Actually, changed my mind, depending on how others feel about it. I say have the emissary deliver the Orb to Tiamet, telling her simply that I, the dragon, would like to solidify our relationship.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:45 am

Did Minerva return the old orb, actually? I don't remember.
My game:

My characters:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:30 am

^Yes, I remember us picking it up when we delivered the other one.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:52 am

Alright, problem solved then... But to be honest, I kind of want to keep our court members away from Morgue, with potential cataclysm, and I think the path to Rhenovia goes near there? What do we think?
My game:

My characters:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:51 am

Morgue is to the west, rhenovia is to the east.

And I think, with an ally like Tiamet, we can agree that if she takes gravengroph, we keep Rhenovia...not that it's truly ours...but they are a puppet kingdom in a way..as well as a good trading partner...I think growing into allies/trading partners with Tiamet as well as some kind of defense alliance will be beneficial to us in the end.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:27 am

I think you guys are messing up some locations/names over here.... To do a quick recap: Rhenovia lies east, Morgue and Gravenrogh lie west... By land the latter is usually only accesible through Morgue, but most of Gravenrogh is easily accesible by sea. I think Dlover meant to say Gravenrogh instead of Rhenovia in his latest post, as did Badge meant Morgue rather than Gravenrogh?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:37 am

^Thank you.

I want to have the emissary take one part of the two-part talking orb to Tiamet, leader of Morgue, so that we have an open line of communication. <- which should make trading and alliance and deal making easier in the future.

As a Side Note...I wonder, if it might make sense in the future to have the the magister try to make a minature version that the emissary could take with him on his trips so that we could talk to people....buts thats long term idea stuff.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:43 pm

The orbs take a lot of magical power to function, so it would be extremely uncommon for him to find anyone that could use the mini-orb. Anyway...

If we send the emissary by ship to deliver one of the orbs to Tiamet, along with instructions in its use, we can then give the coffer of gold to the... Other guy handling refugees. So I think we can do that much.
My game:

My characters:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Yeah.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:03 pm

>It is the 313th year after slumber.
>It is Winter.

As winter comes and your court sets out to their tasks, you can none the less help feel but an ill sense of foreboding taking over you... One you cannot quite place, but exists none the less. Perhaps it is just paranoia given some recent events, but you cannot help but feel that something is brewing... Something big.

Still, nothing to be done about just a feeling... For now. As you turn to see what your court members have prepared...

You first turn to see the progress of your artisan and apprentice... And are saddened to find that the job has simply been a tad too big to handle. You suppose you are not too disappointed, aware with the scope of the concept, and the work the Marshall had done last season could only last so much, and the Artisan, being his usual meek self, only states that there were some complications... His student is a bit more brash- Plainly stating that the ground there is "shite", and that they wasted half the season just digging foundations deep enough to secure the academy. Still, the academy itself is largely finished- It is just that the installments, stables, and running tracks, still need work... Something you're sure can be handled in another season.

>The Artisan and Student partially completed the military academy.

Next, you turn to see the process of this refugee crisis... Tension palpable in the air as you land and make inspections of your own. It's clear that there have been a few scraps here and there- Many getting rowdy under current conditions, but it seems that the camps set up using the gold provided has tempered the heat, and prevented the worst from breaking out... It's clear it's not enough, though. People are cramped, supplies brought are not enough, and people are making rather unsafe looking fires among the commotion, left and right to keep warm. It's not sustainable given it's current condition- And who knows how these people will react if things deteriorate. You'd need to keep pumping in gold... Or find alternative solutions.

Still, the Marshall and Dragonknight report that while there were a couple fights, most were infighting... Although in a couple instances, they did need to protect the Regent and his lackeys, as some people were rather... Dissatisfied with his verdict. The man seems rather gloom given the situation- Giving you only a brief nod rather than the usual bow, as he begins making his report.

"Greetings, sire. Recruitment has been... About as well as I could hope, really. Although in retrospect, that never really was that much."

"Recruiting mages was easy. They could easily prove their prowess, so the process was easy... Although there were surprisingly little of them- 5 total, novices mostly it seems... And even then there were... Some issues. I admit I'm not even sure if one of them is legitimately a mage- He came with a friend that might have done the magic for him while he performed some parlor tricks, help him get inside... I wouldn't be able to tell, though. Then there was another one that supposedly had 15 different family members. I was a bit hard pressed to believe the... Virility of his father in question, but eventually figured getting them to budge on who was and wasn't family likely was not worth it..."

"Then, the farmers, artisans... That went fine. At first. Got a good handful of them before it suddenly seemed every whoreson out here had spent his whole life tending the farms. Words spread like wildfire- They learn what we want, and pretend to be able to offer it... Now, I've no doubts that farming is a profession easy enough to learn, but our goal was to recruit those who already had some experience- And taking those who would need to learn would only further tax our current systems... As it'll take time for them to put their skills to use."

"Speaking of which... I've done some preliminary calculations, and things don't look too great. I estimate it'll take about a year before this influx of farmers begins to pay off, and we see an increase in food production- But before we hit that, we might be hitting a brief famine. Not only by the extra hands we've chosen to take on, but the supplies we need to deliver to Minerva, and that blasted storm that has been hanging over Morgue and part of our country diminishing food production... We'll need to consider what we'll do to try and counter that- Or if we're just going to tough it out."

The regent let's out another weary sigh as it seems that he's not quite yet done being the deliverer of "bad news"... Speaking about one more subject:

"And as if things are not messy enough already... With the extra farmers, extra farmland is needed. Land which technically belongs to the nobles- And it comes to no surprise none of them are jumping eagerly at the opportunity to give away land, leaving us with three choices... The first one is we simply order the land to be given- They won't like that, but they're content enough right now for it to happen without issue. Secondly, we could pay them gold to compensate for the land they have to give up. It would be expensive, but it should not incur any long term effects- I'd estimate about four coffers would be a fair price. And the final option is that the farmers can only be given land if they take on the debt required to pay for it. It's a pretty standard arrangement, to be honest... Although nobody likes being told the only way to survive is to be indebted for the rest of your life."

>The Dragonknight and Marshall have prevented riot outbreaks among the refugees.
>Additional gold must be spent if the refugee crisis is to be kept "stable"
>The Regent's patience has lowered.
>You gained a small unit of necromancers
>Event added: automatic farm extensions
>The nobles are debating who has to give up land...
>Event added: A food shortage is incoming...

Next, your spymaster seems to return with little issue- Although apparently, mostly empty handed. He shrugs it off himself, as he begins telling what he did uncover.

"Didn't discover much, but frankly that's because there's not that much to discover... Morgue's all but a ghost town now- Nobody left in there. I'd entered on the cusp of Gravenrogh ships looking to set shore and finally claim the city for themselves, too, so I was in a bit of a hurry to find what I could and get out before we'd have a... Diplomatic incident."

"Briefly tried to inspect their keeps, but that turned out to be a rather foolish gambit... Appears that somewhere near the beginning of the war, first thing Gravenrogh did was bombard it multiple times over- Destroy their base of operations and morale. Do believe I found their new place in the barracks. Nothing there to suggest what their strategy may be, but I did find horse tracks going south, quite recent. I believe most anyone else went East through the pass, not quite eager to jump into the hands of their aggressors. The ear I put to the ground at those... Camps you've built seemed to confirm that, at least. Seems that the big mean general just went off, taking most of his mages with him."

>The Spymaster investigated Morgue.

Next, the Emissary returns from his mission... A rather easy and curt one- His delivery finished, as you get the chance to do a more direct conversation with a distant "ally"...

>The communication orb has been delivered to Tiamat.

"I must say, this is far from the worst idea you've had... Although I do hope you realize why one prefers to use messengers rather than just spread these orbs everywhere- Well, I suppose firstly most kings lack the magical prowess required to operate them over distances such as these... But they are so susceptible to interception, too."

"Still, as long as we do not discuss highly confidential matters, I see no issues with this. It will be good to have a more direct conversation... Speaking of which, as you might have noticed, we are about to finish our war with Morgue- So my little payments for the service your harbor has rendered will soon be put to end. I shall pay for this season still, of course."

"Now- Is there anything you'd like to discuss with me..?"

Finally, the Magister reports... That ill sense of foreboding returning to you as he seems even paler than usual, somehow- Speaking to you with a matter of urgency.

"Sire- I'd instruct you to put your army and everything else on high alert. It took me way too long to pierce through the veil surrounding the Necropolis, but once I did... Our little warlord is indeed there, with a full regiment of his loyal soldiers. And the madman is going to try and break the seal."

"Seems our little green dragon friend was hiding something from us. She was likely worried because a new level of the necropolis got excavated- The sixth one, and there at the bottom they appeared to have found the source of all the magic oozing from that place. Some kind of seal... Be it a prison or some kind of natural well I do not know, but the madman is looking to try and open it to gain full access to it's power. Maybe he'll get it... More likely the thing's going to explode wide open if he manages to do it. Each case will likely be rather disastrous."

"To paint some context for you sire... The necropolis is a site where the dead rise from their own accord. Spectres and ghouls are not uncommon, and the very terrain seems to betray beneath your feet as you'd sink into the mud, as if led by some malevolent entity... There's a reason one can't just march an army in there- Only small groups of experienced people. "Adventurers", some may call them, I suppose..."

"Anyways... Do you remember some of the basic theory I've thought you..? Magical energy is expended, and is formed from within, not really tending to naturally acclimate in the surroundings... And yet the Necropolis has been spewing magic since the dawn of time. Or as far as anyone can remember, at least."

The Magister seems to pause for a moment, before eventually continuing.

"I suppose we have at least another season before he manages to make any progress... So stopping him may perhaps not be out of the question yet. But personally- I'd not risk it. If we send anyone in, and this ticking time bomb goes off... No one we sent in will likely be getting out. I'd back off, and tell those Tiamat soldiers to do the same if they don't have a death sentence." he says, pausing for a moment before adding to it: "Unless you want to feign ignorance, off course. Perhaps weaken her army substantially if you have... Other ideas."

"And we should make preparations for the worst, too... We've no official priests, but our church leaders can prepare holy water, spread salt in front of doors, stuff like that. Loathe as I am to say it, I'd have word sent to that cloister with your Emissary, enlist the services of a priest... I lack the kind of magic that you'd need to repel a potential necrotic threat like this."

>A magical catastrophe is imminent..!

.[tabs: Buildings]
Key buildings:
The castle: Excellent shape
Docks: Decent shape
Housing: Good shape
Nobility housing: Decent shape
Town hall: Decent shape
Resting chamber: Excellent shape
Cemetery: Becoming too small...

Economy buildings
Market: Decent shape
Guilds: Decent shape
Glassworks: Decent shape (Missing own source - potash)

Resource buildings
Mines: decent shape (provides metal resources)
Mountain mines: decent shape (provides metal resources) - SURPLUS
Forestry: decent shape (provides wood resources)
Forges: Excellent shape (producing steel- Capable of wrought iron and cast iron)

Defensive buildings:
City moat: Decent shape
Walls: Good shape
Barracks: Good shape
Main gate: Good shape, with drawbridge.
Secondary gate: Decent shape, with drawbridge.
Military academy: Partially finished.

Luxury buildings
Inns: Good shape
Theater: Excellent shape
Temples: Excellent shape
Lobster pot addition: Decent shape (provides luxury food)
Mushroom grotto: Poor shape (provides a small amount of luxury food)
Sweethop farms: Poor shape (Provides a small amount of luxury food)

Developmental buildings
School: Excellent shape

Additional buildings:
Market statue: Good shape, embedded with a magic stone.
Magister's workshop: Good shape

Utility buildings
Raincatchers (source of water)
Farmland: Good shape (provides food)
Fisheries: Good shape (provides food)
Roof farms: Good shape (provides a small amount of food)

[tabs: The people]
The people are happy.

Negative factors:
They lack many "luxuries"

Positive factors:
The townhouse was restored!
We got sweethops!
The castle was restored!

Primary needs:
Housing: above sufficient
Water: sufficient
Food: sufficient

Secondary needs:
Entertainment: sufficient
protection: sufficient
Structure: sufficient
Food quality: insufficient
Tools: sufficient
religion: sufficient

Desires:

Capabilities
Education: mediocre
Craftiness: mediocre
Magic: low
Combat: above mediocre
Health: mediocre
Charisma: mediocre

[tabs: The nobility]
The nobility are happy.

General
All families are not pleased with the appointment of the Libera family as nobility.
The nobility are happy with the theater.
effort has gone into contenting the nobles.
The castle was reconstructed!

Dunwall family
+Happy from the positive praise.
+The regent has been fairly elected
-The Libera became nobility

Gilden family
DISOWNED

Relia family
+The regent has been fairly elected
+The temple has been restored!
-The Libera became nobility

Etrange family
++A member of our family became Emissary.
+The Libera have been disowned!

Libera family
++Very pleased with their appointment as nobility

[tabs: Foreign relations]
Duchy of Morgue (Northwest)
Have no hostile intentions, seem willing to have arrangements for the right price.

Could establish trade if the pass was secured.

Issue with Gravenrogh?

Kingdom Gravenrogh (West, past mountains)
Very much willing to be friends
Have started sending trade ships

Servicius
Possible alliance with Umilicien?
Do not seem to have any immediate hostile intent.
Are not interested in any form of arrangement.

No known military data - Suspected to be larger than own.

Rhenovia
Strong allies.

Umcilien
Hostile!
Known information:
- Do not intend to wipe us out - Yet.
- Powerful army- Estimated to outnumber us 6 to 1.
- Powerful court mage, multiple lesser mages.
- Darilcoth has learned relatively strong magic.

-May attempt to sabotage or steal technology.
[tabs: War]

Current conflicts:
None

Training
All troops have received basic to advanced training.
All troops have received basic archery training.
All troops have minor combat expertise.
The castle has increased morale!

Land lore is known.

Special troops
1 mage with healing specialization.

The army currently garrisons:

1 small troop of necromancers
1 regular troops.
3 elite troops.
1 unit of spies - Located within Servicius territory.

Equipment:
Hardened equipment for: 6 troops.
Regular equipment for: 3 troops
Ballista siege weapons for: 1 troop
Others: poor quality

Morale:
Extremely high
[tabs: Trade]
Trade has resumed

Current average income from trade: 3.5

Surplus sales
The following resources are created in surplus by the kingdom, and are sold for a raw profit:
Iron from mountain mines: 0.25
Gold from mountain mines, processed by forges: 1.5

Duchy of Morgue (Northwest)
No contact.

Kingdom Gravenrogh (West, past mountains)
Contact made: occasional trade ships add +0.5 major purchases each month usually
Resource connected: Glass (minor reduced efficiency) +0.75 major purchases each month usually
Ongoing war: -0.5 major purchases each month

Servicius
Hold potential trade goods.
Cancelled trade!

Rhenovia
Holds potential trade goods
Has good interest in trading: Provides +1.0 major purchases each month usually.

Marital contacts
Docks are in decent state.

-Gravenrogh
[tabs: Court]
The Marshall
Patience: High
The Marshall is neutral towards the Magister.
The Marshall is very friendly towards the Dragonknight.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Regent.
The Marshall is very friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Marshall is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Marshall is friendly towards the squire.
The Marshall is friendly towards the spymaster.

The Magister
Patience: Very high
The Magister is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Magister detests the Dragonknight.
The Magister is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Magister is neutral towards the Regent.
The Magister hates the Mercenary.
The Magister dislikes the Emissary.
The Magister dislikes the squire.
The Magister is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Dragonknight
Patience: Elevated
The Dragonknight dislikes the Marshall.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Magister.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Regent.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Dragonknight is friendly towards the Squire.
The Dragonknight is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Artisan
Patience: Very high
The Artisan is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Artisan detests the Magister.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Artisan is friendly towards the Regent.
The Artisan is friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Squire.
The Artisan is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Regent
Patience: Moderate
The Regent is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Regent is friendly towards the Magister.
The Regent is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Regent is friendly towards the Artisan.
The Regent is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Regent is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Regent is neutral towards the Squire.
The Regent dislikes the Spymaster.

The Emissary
The Emissary is neutral towards the Marshall.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Magister.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Emissary has not met the Mercenary.
The Emissary dislikes the Regent.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Squire.
The Emissary is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The squire
The Squire is friendly towards the Marshall.
The Squire is neutral towards the Magister.
The Squire is very friendly towards the Dragonknight.
The Squire is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Squire is neutral towards the Mercenary.
The Squire is friendly towards the Regent.
The Squire is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Squire is neutral towards the Spymaster.

The Spymaster
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Marshall.
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Magister.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Dragonknight.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Artisan.
The Spymaster is friendly towards the Mercenary.
The Spymaster dislikes the Regent.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Emissary.
The Spymaster is neutral towards the Squire.

[tabs: Items]
Special items:
One bottle of "plague" poison
Three healing potions
12 barrels of black powder
"magic" ore: 200kg worth.

Lure snake "petals"
Lure snake acid
Lure snake scales
Lure snake egg

Pair of communion orbs: Capable of speech, one-way sight.

[tabs: Magic]
Known magic:
Fire breath
Ice breath
Torrent
Earthshatter
Earth block
Earth control
Wind surge
[tabs:Events]
314 Summer: famine hits.
314 Winter: farms auto-expand
315 Summer: Given no external influences, famine will resolve under new harvests.
315 Summer: Squire's contract ends.
???: Gem mine reached (Not being actively dug towards...)[/tabs]

>You have three "credits" with the Mercenary.
>The market has produced 4 major purchases.
>You obtained 1 major purchase from the docked Gravenrogh ships.
>The forge produced luxury goods using gold provided- Adding 1.5 gold to market income.
>You have 15 major purchases available.
>The court awaits your orders.

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Artisan: Continue work.
Marshal: Prepare the troops. Don't mobilise them, but have them ready.
DK: --
Regent: I would like you to discuss with the nobles about use of their land. We can cover the four coffers, so don't waste too much time on them, because after that I would like you to look for sources of food to purchase from.
Spymaster: --
Emissary: I need you to go to the cloister and make an appropriate offering to request the aid of a priest.
Tiamat: We've just completed a scrying, and the warlord of Morgue is going to unleash catastrophe from the necropolis. It may be too late to stop him, so I would suggest you have your soldiers ready.
Magister: --
My game:

My characters:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:58 am

Tiamet: "It is pleasure to speak to you personally for the first time. However I must first Issue a caution of my own, I know what is going on in Necropolis and from the amount of refugees fleeing into my kingdom and other more reliable sources I am deeply concerned about this rogue warlord and his plan. As such I will need to take some action to protect my kingdom. If the issue is resolved well though I hope we can discuss further agreements as you have made the people from Morgue flee into my kingdom and we could do with more land to support them."

Artisan: "Continue with the barracks"

Apprentice: "We need the mushroom caves expanding for when the new ink caps arrive with the artificer."

Marshall: "Keep up the good work with keeping the peace, also keep the troops on alert in case there is a magical Armageddon across the border."

Regent: "Here is another 2 coffers to try and keep Morgue refugees under control. Also have the forges set up to make farm equipment, Hoes and the like. Nobles will not need to give up their land for free but those refugees who do set up land will be indebted. However I'm willing to provide the initial tool set up cost to mitigate some of the start up. "

DragonKnight : "I'd like you to assemble a group of "adventurers" So we can send in a token force to deal with the rogue warlord in Morgue. Perhaps also ask of of the new necromancers that arrived for information on the necropolis as well, I'll offer a reward of 4(? or however much is worth it) coffers if they succeed" (fighters?)

Spymaster: "Assist the Dragonknight in creating a team of adventurers using your slightly different resources and contacts. (rogues?)"

Emissary:" I need you to visit the cloister and bring back a few clerics or priests to help us out with providing undead protection, I've also heard some might be able provide magical sustenance to the masses. See if there are any potential adventurers among them (cleric?).

I'd also like you to send a message to Rhenovia for extra food supplies for the year to cover this coming famine. See into that too."

Magister: "We have some new mages arrived i'd like you to assess there abilities and begin teaching the girl this season, If any of them have leanings towards adventuring send them to the dragonknight (arcane user?)"

Mercenary: Unavailable
Squire : Unavailable
Minerva: I plan to go for a fly and will take my orb with me so you can see some things this season.
----------------
Other:
Mines continue as normal.
Forges to make tools and general equipment like farming equipment, pots, pans, and other things useful for new residents/farmers who will be indebted.
Have the regent use two Coffers to deal with the refugees.
------------
I quite like the idea of having a court member called team of adventures to trouble shoot missions on a royal decree.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:03 am

Artisan: Wonderful work on the academy, I understand that the ground is substandard, but I also know that you are capable of doing it. I'll look for results next season.
Student: Deep below our city is a mushroom grotto that your master made when we were under siege. I would like to greatly expand on these underground chambers so that more fungi can be planted, as they are considered a delicacy, but moreso, if we are to plant these ink caps that we aquired, we'll need room to plant them. Do your best.

Regent: Speak to the nobles thus, those willing to give up some of their land for farming purposes so that this kingdom doesn't fall into despair, will be rewarded. I promise you not immediate payment, but future wealth, to be determined once this crisis has been averted. Those unwilling to give up some land for this cause, will have land taken without future payment. (Basically, give some land for money later or refuse and have it taken from you)

Send the artisans into the city, they can begin work immediately. Send the mages to the magister, he will decide what level of magic they have and how useful they'll be. Send the farmers to their future land plots to begin clearing land as needed.

And finally, move the camp to the entrance of the mines and put all able bodied adults in working of the gold mines. For the time-being, until we find places for these people, they will work for the food we give them.

Once you have done these things, take the rest of the season off.

Marshal: Continue keeping the law at the refugee camp, however, with the new work requirement, I hope this becomes easier in time, I would like you to take a unit of men with you to the camp to maintain the peace.

DragonKnight: Please go with the emissary to the cloister, both to keep him safe as well as to represent me.

Spymaster: A few years ago we had a little bit of a war with the Rhenovians, I would like you to check in on them and check to see how our political relationship is doing, behind closed doors.

Emmisary: Take a gift of some of the magic ore (50kg worth) to the priests in the cloister. Tell them that this is a gift, but that I seek their wisdom and aid in a coming ...situation...Give them all of the answers that they seek and tell them that their help to save this land and possibly the world is much needed. The dragonknight will go with you.

Magister: There are some necromatic mages who came into our lands seeking refugee status, I would like you to take them in and teach them as needed in order to help you. Perhaps I don't understand, but if there were more mages under your...rule, then you could focus on less menial tasks, is that correct? As for the big bad, we can only prepare. For now, take some time to determine the magical ability of the mages and then start teaching the girl, her abilities may be in great need in the coming seasons.

Tiamet: I hope, very much, that our relationship can continue after this current crisis is averted. It has come to my attention that the warlord is up to something that will affect not only your nation, but quite possibly our entire world. Understand that, as your ally, I will stand with you against this threat and I hope very much that both of us survive to see the new years light. I would suggest that you move your people back from the necropolis and that you have your best priests become engaged with the potential threat.

On a side matter, I congratulate you on your conquering of the duchy of Morgue. A good deal of otherwise innocent people have escaped into my lands and I intend on giving them sanctuary until such a time as they have a home to return to. As such, as you are taking over the duchy, I wonder if you would be willing to grant me some of the land in which to farm so that I might feed all of these people. Or perhaps we could come to some arrangement?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 am

Continue work.
"Continue with the barracks"
Wonderful work on the academy, I understand that the ground is substandard, but I also know that you are capable of doing it. I'll look for results next season.

"Of course, sire. I expect the work to be done this season, certainly."

>The Artisan will continue work on the Military academy
"Keep up the good work with keeping the peace, also keep the troops on alert in case there is a magical Armageddon across the border."
Continue keeping the law at the refugee camp, however, with the new work requirement, I hope this becomes easier in time, I would like you to take a unit of men with you to the camp to maintain the peace.

"That sounds... Worrying. But agreed, sire- I shall remain there and make sure order is kept... I try not to be too hard-handed with these men- They're only desperate and scared after all, not of ill intent... But at the same time, those two things can make a messy combinations when they act rather rashly."

>The Marshall will guard the refugee camp.

Speak to the nobles thus, those willing to give up some of their land for farming purposes so that this kingdom doesn't fall into despair, will be rewarded. I promise you not immediate payment, but future wealth, to be determined once this crisis has been averted. Those unwilling to give up some land for this cause, will have land taken without future payment. (Basically, give some land for money later or refuse and have it taken from you)

Send the artisans into the city, they can begin work immediately. Send the mages to the magister, he will decide what level of magic they have and how useful they'll be. Send the farmers to their future land plots to begin clearing land as needed.
"Here is another 2 coffers to try and keep Morgue refugees under control. Also have the forges set up to make farm equipment, Hoes and the like. Nobles will not need to give up their land for free but those refugees who do set up land will be indebted. However I'm willing to provide the initial tool set up cost to mitigate some of the start up. "

"Your wishes for the recruited men have been noted- As for other matters... We can have the nobles pay with promise of pay later- But that will do little to quench their potential anger towards it until it is paid back. As for having them try and work for the food we provide them- We can try and make it happen. I can see a lot not being interested in such endeavors, so there might be some... Resistance. But if it works, it ought to increase production..."

>Two coffers will be spent on the refugee camp
>The Regent will attempt to have the refugees work in the mines
>The nobles will "pay" for the land.

I need you to go to the cloister and make an appropriate offering to request the aid of a priest.
I need you to visit the cloister and bring back a few clerics or priests to help us out with providing undead protection, I've also heard some might be able provide magical sustenance to the masses. See if there are any potential adventurers among them
Take a gift of some of the magic ore (50kg worth) to the priests in the cloister. Tell them that this is a gift, but that I seek their wisdom and aid in a coming ...situation...Give them all of the answers that they seek and tell them that their help to save this land and possibly the world is much needed. The dragonknight will go with you.

"Understood, sire, I shall arrange this post haste... Although- Hadn't we put some... "Protection" on our southern borders? Did we ever arrange for a method of safe passage? Having to go around through Rhenovia would take a lot more time..."

>The Emissary will visit the cloister.
>The Emissary will take 50kg of magic ore as an offering.

We've just completed a scrying, and the warlord of Morgue is going to unleash catastrophe from the necropolis. It may be too late to stop him, so I would suggest you have your soldiers ready.
"It is pleasure to speak to you personally for the first time. However I must first Issue a caution of my own, I know what is going on in Necropolis and from the amount of refugees fleeing into my kingdom and other more reliable sources I am deeply concerned about this rogue warlord and his plan. As such I will need to take some action to protect my kingdom. If the issue is resolved well though I hope we can discuss further agreements as you have made the people from Morgue flee into my kingdom and we could do with more land to support them."
I hope, very much, that our relationship can continue after this current crisis is averted. It has come to my attention that the warlord is up to something that will affect not only your nation, but quite possibly our entire world. Understand that, as your ally, I will stand with you against this threat and I hope very much that both of us survive to see the new years light. I would suggest that you move your people back from the necropolis and that you have your best priests become engaged with the potential threat.

On a side matter, I congratulate you on your conquering of the duchy of Morgue. A good deal of otherwise innocent people have escaped into my lands and I intend on giving them sanctuary until such a time as they have a home to return to. As such, as you are taking over the duchy, I wonder if you would be willing to grant me some of the land in which to farm so that I might feed all of these people. Or perhaps we could come to some arrangement?

"...So you are aware of the goings on in the Necropolis..? I'd incur as to the how and why most importantly- But the contents of your warning seem more prudent at this time. That fool- This exact fear was the reason me and the old lord had such a feud."

"I thank you for the warning. I suppose I will be retreating my troops towards the northern border of my kingdom, protect against a potential attack from the Necropolis... I can not guarantee we will be covering the pass that leads to your lands- But I will at least return the favor of warning you should I notice danger there."

"As for the other issue- You may do with the refugees as you wish. My personal goal had been to take their land and make it part of my kingdom, but the war had stretched so long it seemed they'd abandoned the city prior to my taking it. If you find their presence too taxing, you are welcome to send them back- I will take care of them under my wings, and I will be restoring their hamlet. I am certain you've already collected those that interest you, already..."

"With that said- It might not be the wisest choice to do that yet, given what little advice you shared with me."
"We need the mushroom caves expanding for when the new ink caps arrive with the artificer."
Deep below our city is a mushroom grotto that your master made when we were under siege. I would like to greatly expand on these underground chambers so that more fungi can be planted, as they are considered a delicacy, but moreso, if we are to plant these ink caps that we aquired, we'll need room to plant them. Do your best.

"Ah, you'd just have me dig holes? How utterly boring! Fine, fine- I guess some people like stupid earthy shrooms..."

>The Student will try to expand the mushroom grotto.
Please go with the emissary to the cloister, both to keep him safe as well as to represent me.

"Very well, my lord. I shall make sure the Emissary is protected during his trek- From whatever threats we may encounter."

>The Dragonknight will protect the Emissary.

"Assist the Dragonknight in creating a team of adventurers using your slightly different resources and contacts.
A few years ago we had a little bit of a war with the Rhenovians, I would like you to check in on them and check to see how our political relationship is doing, behind closed doors.

"Hmm, hmm. I could probably scope out a few... Noteworthy mercenaries. With that said, if your intent is to gather a couple of "elite" soldiers above the common riff-raff to take on a special, dangerous mission like this... To be honest, you'd probably be looking at one of them. Some members of your court are exceptionally skilled, are they not? If you'd want the biggest chance of success- And given the apparent time limit, in this instance the only chance of success... You'd need to employ us."

"But as I doubt you'll be risking losing half your court... Certainly- I will have a little diplomatic visit to Rhenovia, discover if they're loyal lapdogs as ever... Or have some intents of their own brewing."

>The Spymaster will investigate Rhenovia.
We have some new mages arrived i'd like you to assess there abilities and begin teaching the girl this season,
There are some necromatic mages who came into our lands seeking refugee status, I would like you to take them in and teach them as needed in order to help you. Perhaps I don't understand, but if there were more mages under your...rule, then you could focus on less menial tasks, is that correct? As for the big bad, we can only prepare. For now, take some time to determine the magical ability of the mages and then start teaching the girl, her abilities may be in great need in the coming seasons.

"Some menial tasks might potentially be offloaded to them instead, yes... Although I've no doubt you'd manage to cook up a thousand tasks that's simultaneously far above them, and far beneath me none the less."

"Regardless- I shall tutor and assess their abilities. First opinion is that they're novices... And one of them a charlatan."

>The mages and apprentice will be given lessons/assessed.
Forges to make tools and general equipment like farming equipment, pots, pans, and other things useful for new residents/farmers who will be indebted.
>Production will be switched...
Of quick note from what I've seen- I don't actually recall seeing anything concerning accepting a trade for the inkcaps quite yet, since the dwarves would be asking a hefty price for sharing those. But maybe I missed/forgot, in which case please feel free to point that out... Also- Currently, the Artificer is not being taken on, because I only had one person state they wanted to take in that burden at the time, and I only allow "expenditure" if I have a couple people say they want it. On which note, a gift of any form will likely only be taken by the emissaries if agreed to by others.

Also, the following paragraph is just said for absolutely no reason and has no relevance to anything.
Dragonknight: paladin
Spymaster: rogue
Magister: warlock
Marshall: fighter
Priest: cleric
Dragon: dragon

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 am

Emissary: As to crossing our southern border. Have a pole of wood made and on top fly a color as to my choosing, either green, red, blue or yellow. At the time of a required crossing, I will talk to minerva and have her soldiers ignore a party as long as they carry the "password color" so to say. This will allow our units to move through the southern border without fear of an attack, but the randomness of colors will also keep our enemies from attempting to copy us.

Marshall: We can only trust the word of Tiamet at this time and she intends to eventually allow the people to go back to their homes. Tell the leaders of the graven people that they may stay if they wish, but those who stay will need to be useful. For now, this usefulness can be paid by those who help in the mine. Any actions taken to be helpful in this great land will be rewarded with the ability to stay in this country. Others, when this war is over, will be sent home.
Also, take a unit of soldiers to the pass to protect it from anything nefarious from getting through.

Tiamet: When this potential tragedy is behind us, I would like for us to formally meet so that we can discuss more confidential matters in private as well as to formalize an alliance between us. I would very much like there to be peace between our nations. I will care for these humans for a time until this matter of war has been settled after which I will allow those who are willing to return to their home country should they choose to do so.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Dragonknight: paladin
Spymaster: rogue
Magister: warlock
Marshall: fighter
Priest: cleric
Dragon: dragon
I have a feeling the dragon class won't fit into the dungeon. Which is the primary trade-off for the class being OP as all hell. :P

Also, yeah, I don't agree with sending our court off to die at all.
My game:

My characters: