PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SamWiser » Wed May 31, 2017 1:01 am

I'd say having the right pokemon is just as important as how strong those pokemon are, when it comes to battles and stuff. I could have the strongest Wingull in the world, and it would still probably lose this battle. Fury Cutter!
Accuracy=13
Power=41
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:03 am

"...sorry if what I said about Colress was a bit harsh. This all happened before I was even born, so I'm just basing it off the history books. It's not like I ever knew him personally."

"What the others said...it's not just that things are "gray". Just and unjust, right and wrong....they aren't as obvious here as they are in your world. Sometimes there is no right answer. Not always. We have to just guess, and hope we're doing the right thing. Or as close as we can/ The problem is when lots of people think that the opposite thing is right. That they're good, and the other side are the ones who are wrong, or evil. Then we have fights....and wars."

"Colress might have been doing what he thought was right. But that doesn't mean he was right."

"If you don't want it, do you mind if I keep the notebook?"

If Hermes and Gaia agree, Izzy goes and picks up Colress' journal, storing it back in her back. Then, another thought occurs to her.

"...you said someone else got transported here. What was his name? What did he look like? I mean, it's possible there's someone out there who knows where he is, isn't it?"

Charm: 25
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Haley presses the "link pokedex" button, the screen seeming to do some form of "detection"... Before a confirmation saying "pokedex found and connected" briefly displays, an icon appearing on the bottom right of the screen as the option has now changed to "unlink device"... She's not sure what it does, though. There's no USB slots or anything similar on the device, and your pokedex gave no sign of being connected... Which you're pretty sure is impossible by regular means, considering any wireless connections usually require you to push at least a confirmation button on the pokedex itself- She's tech savvy enough to know anything else is a security risk.

Alex meanwhile, having nothing to do, decides to look over the machine as well, coming to the same conclusions as Haley is, and he can probably do his own investigations into it through the use of time shenanigans if he'd so wish... Or continue onward to the next room- It probably doesn't contain anything. Honest.

Haley, though, has a LOT to do... Besides probably wanting to investigate the device more, she also needs to do scanning and talking to this computer voice... As she starts by scanning her own hand, screaming in pain as she atomizes it but doesn't read anything worthwhile... Cushion, Luna, electronics and the plates similarly seem to give no kick, or nothing noticeable, the "line" in the middle of the screen ... But there does seem to be a signal as she points in the general direction of Bjorn and Alex- This static line beginning to wobble, and a red indicator beginning to burn.

"So what is your designation?"

"You may refer to me as 'Singularity', at this point of time."

"Do you like it here? Alone and no body to talk to? If you want I can try getting you out of here and we can explore the world together. Or maybe put you in something more mobile...I am not a robot person myself but maybe we can find someone that can make you a nice robot. Or you can stay here.

Are you in the room next to us? I am going to come in soon and see you."

"Please hold most of these questions until my reboot sequence is completed. According to log data, this current shell is but a weak replication of my previous self, to maintain basic functionality while recompiling my previous self from a large amount of prepared data. I am to maintain only basic functionality during this time, as I lack directives to give you proper answers."

"Reboot is currently at... 20 percent."

"My mainframe lies connected to the corridor the door you refer to leads to. Access is restricted to Warden Nixon."

Phoenix

The beat of restoration activates- Healing both Dracula, and the Emolga!

Following that, Dracula keeps wittling it down, and it retaliates with another pursuit for 36(9) damage... As at the start of his next round, Nick ends up switching out to a raichu to force Dracula to reset his fury cutter!

Current song: none
Awaiting sweet moves!

Bolt(raichu)(20)
Dracula(17/22) +4 DEF, +1 others 35/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16) heavily injured, recalled
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) KO
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO
Fluff(flaaffy)(5) KO
► Show Spoiler
Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"...sorry if what I said about Colress was a bit harsh. This all happened before I was even born, so I'm just basing it off the history books. It's not like I ever knew him personally."

"What the others said...it's not just that things are "gray". Just and unjust, right and wrong....they aren't as obvious here as they are in your world. Sometimes there is no right answer. Not always. We have to just guess, and hope we're doing the right thing. Or as close as we can/ The problem is when lots of people think that the opposite thing is right. That they're good, and the other side are the ones who are wrong, or evil. Then we have fights....and wars."

"Colress might have been doing what he thought was right. But that doesn't mean he was right."

"If you don't want it, do you mind if I keep the notebook?"

"...I'm... Not gonna claim I understand. Because I'm pretty sure I don't. I think I get the basic gist of it, but..."

"...Keep the notes. I think it's better that way."

"Still... Were you not alive when he was here? You're looking like you should be at least-"

"...How old are you..?"

After Izzy scoops up the notebook again, there's one more question she wants to ask... One avoiding the subject of 'knowing' Prometheus, while likely getting the answers she seeks regardless...

"...you said someone else got transported here. What was his name? What did he look like? I mean, it's possible there's someone out there who knows where he is, isn't it?"

There's a brief moment of silence among the two... Hermes eventually being the one to answer... If only to be interrupted not much later.

"...It doesn't matter anymore. Even if the worst hasn't happened, we-"

"His name is Prometheus. He's my husband."

"His hair color is similar to Hermes here- A bit darker. He might have been wearing similar justiciar's armor. He also keeps it shorter, but has a beard as well... Likely looks a bit more around my... Age..?"
she says, before falling silent. There is a faint trace of hope in her voice, although she falls silent besides that, not pushing the issue...

If an opportunity for such things was even going to be able to be raised still- Considering what was gonna happen next.

"Ha, well, imagine this is our sun- Now imagine this is our whole world. Now try to think how far away it is to look so small up in the sky. It's like, millions and millions of of miles away, I think."

"Yeah... A 150 million kilometers. Or 93 miles."

"...And how much would a mile be..?"

"It doesn't matter- You win on the bigness front. Our sun is big, but... Not bigger than our own city big."

"Well, not each other, but different plants and animals and stuff. It's how we get our energy, like how you guys get your energy from your sun."

"Do... do you guys not eat food at all?! Oh I gotta fix that, before you go!"

"...No offense, but... That sounds disgusting."

"I mean, we CAN eat... But we don't have to. It's more like something we do if we want to..? And probably not whatever this... Meat is? Would be silly for me to be the royal tender otherwise!"

"No, I I thought I could guess the answer I wouldn't have asked. We come from very different worlds. As for Arceus... I'd say he's the counterpart to Giratina for you, Arceus created this world... Although our oldest legend is about Arceus and Giratina having a fight."

"Hold on... Our lord has been to this world before? How? Why? For what reason did he end up fighting your own lord..?"

Koa decides fit to answer that question... Failing to notice Hermes' glare intensifying as he speaks...

"Yeah, Arceus is Giratina's dad. Erm, do you have dads? Well Arceus made Giratina along with his two brothers, Palkia and Dialga."
"Our legends say that a long time ago Giratina tried convincing the very first people like us to his way of thinking. Arceus didn't like that, so-"

"ENOUGH!" was enough to have Koa halt abruptly as he finds that sword drawn once more- Pointing in his particular direction.

"I will hear no more of your slanderous lies! How dare you suggest that our lord is... Is..."

This time around, while Gaia seemed to have been the voice of reason to reel Hermes back, even she is staying silent- She seems to be in an equal amount of disbelief...

The subject is dropped abruptly, at least for now, although with Hermes now in a more hostile demeanor, sword continued at the ready... Conversation continued after some silence:

" Actually I was thinking the same thing about your world. I guess it would be nice to instantly know if someone is good or bad, but also a little sad, there's no hope for anyone to become better... No chance to improve, just you were born evil so that's all you ever be..."

"Demons are demons. It's their very nature to be evil- They do not deserve mercy."

"...Although there are varying degrees of them. Some can be bargained with, like Lust or Greed... Some don't seem to actively be wanting to hurt us, like Sloth or Pride..."

"And then the others would not hesitate to delight in slaughtering you."

Koa gives a whole monologue about why he thinks this "barrier" has grown so weak, and they're facing portals... Probably skirting around mentioning Giratina again- (Unless he wants to ignore the previous outburst, in which case the reaction will be edited.) While Drake looks around the room... Nothing of interest, though- Although upon closer inspection... It's looking like some smaller rocks around the tree are slowly beginning to... Float..? Hermes only plainly stating one thing when done.

"Well, if that is the case... Maybe you should fix it."

"I think destroying the tree would be a bad decision. Best case it would delay everything that's happening, worse case our worlds get forced into each other. I think the best thing would to leave the tree alone, and to instead focus on researching a way to strengthen the barrier... Our realms, cultures, lifestyles, even our ecosystems are different from each other. This just poses a huge risk for misunderstandings to happen... Even our very being causes a misunderstanding of being evil to you... If this was something not meant to happen... I sincerely believe either Giritina or Arceus would have activly fortified the barrier by now, because this is the fourth or fith time people have come over, and one of those times was from the realm of the dead... I don't know... Everything just gets more and more complicated, but to destroy something we can't easily fix... seems wrong."

"Our lord is already working to resolve the issue. That's why I'm here- It is my lord's orders to destroy this tree, and I shall fulfill it... And you will not stand in my way to do so if you value your existence." he speaks, a clear threat- It seems like there was nothing to take this man away from his conviction... Besides drastic measures, perhaps.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:37 pm

So those scanners are probably picking up the Z-Crystals. Haley just scanning her hand would have missed those crystals, and if it were picking up Elemental Connections it would have registered her grass connection. Don't really know what else it'd be. Anyway. Nothing to do until Haley finishes messing with the Link Cable. But I would also like to get a move on BEFORE the murderAI remembers that it's a murderAI. Burns? Can we come back to the Link Cable later?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:07 pm

Yea Halwy abandons link cable for now. "We need to hurry. If that is what I think it is we need to do something quickly."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:54 pm

"You're telling us to hurry, but we've been waiting on you." Alex approaches the locked door, pulling out the ID he found and looking for a scanner, hurrying to open it. He also checks who the ID belongs to, specifically whether it was Warden Nixon.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:20 am

"Still... Were you not alive when he was here? You're looking like you should be at least-"

"...How old are you..?"

"Me? About 18 years. And from what I've heard, the stuff with Colress happened at least 30 years ago. Maybe time flows differently between our worlds too? How long ago did Colress disappear for you guys?"

"His name is Prometheus. He's my husband."

"His hair color is similar to Hermes here- A bit darker. He might have been wearing similar justiciar's armor. He also keeps it shorter, but has a beard as well... Likely looks a bit more around my... Age..?"

Izzy nods, giving Gaia a strained smile and trying to look as understanding as possible..

"I promise you. If I ever see him, I'll tell him you're looking for him."

As things get heated between Hermes and the oblivious Koa, Izzy jumps in - raising her hands in what she hopes is a calming gesture.

"Woah! Sorry, I uh...don't think my friend was really being very clear."

"Look, we aren't as....close to our gods as you guys seem to be to Giratina. I've only met one, and she was a pretty young one, to be honest. Compared to Arceus and Giratina, at least. And even that's really unusual - most people here aren't even sure the gods still exist! Or magic! They both disappeared centuries ago for us. It's...kinda a long story, but some of the gods basically decided the best thing was to leave and only . We've only just started to rediscover them recently."

"My point is, most of what we know about them is based on these stories. Legends, passed down for years through books and word-of-mouth."

"And we have no idea how true they actually are. For all we know, some random guy just made them up and they caught on. The real story is probably something similar, but got changed at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if some jerk tried to make Giratina look like the bad guy."

"All we know for sure is that Arceus and Giratina had a fight at some point, somehow involving this tree. And....I guess that's when Giratina went off and made your world? Or maybe he'd already done that? Don't know, doesn't matter. Maybe Arceus and Giratina were the brothers, and something else created them? Doesn't matter. What does matter is we have no idea what destroying this thing will do. Best case, Giratina is right and it seals the barrier. But worst case, he's misunderstood whatever Arceus did to it, and it just ends up making things worse! If breaking the Red Chain is what caused this to start happening, then breaking more things could be a disaster! For both our worlds. Trust me, the last thing either of us wants is more portals pulling our worlds together."

"....you said you'd figured out a way to open portals of your own? How often can you do that? If you just wait a while, we can try to find out more about this tree, and maybe find out if it's possible to fix the Red Chain. Then you can come back later and decide for yourself if you still want to destroy it."

Charm: 18

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:16 am

Okay, fly up and use Harden again.

Phoenix decides to take a break, just this round, for dancing. Give his legs time to recover for the next round.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:14 am

"Like Izzy said, I'm sure what was passed down was falsified for the sake of decieving people"

threat about I'll whack this tree or else from Hermes
While I do value my existence, I also value the existence of life, and this tree has value instrinsically, and that's before considering it's historical value... Please don't use violence as your solution...There must be another way

if possible I'd like to assist Izzy for a +2 to her charm, but if not
Irene charm [5d6] = 15

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:17 am

Koa opens his mouth to say it's not lies and slander, it's just what he knows, but thankfully Izzy beats him to it.

"Yeah, I guess it could be wrong.... The only thing we know for sure about Giratina is that he broke the Red Chain to stop that Cyrus guy, so we know he saved our world at least once. That doesn't sound so bad, yeah?"

Then Hermes reveals Giratina gave him a direct order to destroy the tree. Koa shifts uncomfortably as Izzy tries to placate the guy, getting the feeling Giratina knows exactly what the tree does, and breaking it won't seal his world away forever like Hermes thinks it will.

"What if Irene's right, though?" Koa says carefully, trying to dodge the implication about Giratina's motives. "What if breaking the tree does make things worse, and our worlds get forced together or something? What if demons and archdemons start dumping out of your world into ours, huh? We're not ready for them like you guys are - you can imagine how bad that'd be way better than we can. Could you just risk a whole other world like that without knowing for sure what'll happen?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:21 am

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Finally, they continue their journey deeper in the complex, looking to try and find this mainframe before the definitely not a murderAI remembers it may or may not be a murderAI... Alex sliding in the ID card he found in a scanner right next to the door- Taking but a couple seconds to register, opening the door towards A whole army of murderbots... A boring hallway. Ahead of them seems to be a similar door to the one they just came through, while to their left seems to be another airlock- To their right, meanwhile, seemed to be a HEAVILY reinforced steel door... Like a vault door, almost... There also seem to be a couple terminals nearby.

Alex also takes this time to actually investigate who the card was for, not having bothered earlier- It didn't seem to be of this "Nixon" fellow, though, preventing easy access through that way... Instead it seemed to be for a certain... "Dr E. Goser."

Phoenix

Dracula flies up and hardens even more... The Raichu spends this turn getting ready, while Nick starts a beat of the drum!

Current song: Beat of the drum
4 turns remaining

Bolt(raichu)(20)
Dracula(17/22) +5 DEF, +1 others 35/80, flinched
Glowstick(chinchou)(17) KO
Butterwings(Emolga)(16) heavily injured, recalled
Kanga(13/21) 73/98
Cris(13) 6/66 recalled
Mane(luxio)(10) KO
Spot(8/13) paralyzed, recalled
Major(magnemite)(5) KO
Fluff(flaaffy)(5) KO

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"Me? About 18 years. And from what I've heard, the stuff with Colress happened at least 30 years ago. Maybe time flows differently between our worlds too? How long ago did Colress disappear for you guys?"

"You're only 18?!"

"Maybe years just take longer here, Gaia... How do you measure the time here..?"

"Erm... 365 days for a rotation around our sun, which is how we note one year..."

"..."

"...In each case- Yes, we already determined that time here flows much faster than where we come from... It was only gonna take... The equivalent of a day where we come from, to get us back- But we've been here for ten."

"I promise you. If I ever see him, I'll tell him you're looking for him."

"..."

"Thank you..."

Following this, and the little outburst Hermes has towards the trainers... They seek to set things right quickly again- Izzy being first to try and adjust the mood, as almost everyone soon chimes in...

"Woah! Sorry, I uh...don't think my friend was really being very clear."

"Look, we aren't as....close to our gods as you guys seem to be to Giratina. I've only met one, and she was a pretty young one, to be honest. Compared to Arceus and Giratina, at least. And even that's really unusual - most people here aren't even sure the gods still exist! Or magic! They both disappeared centuries ago for us. It's...kinda a long story, but some of the gods basically decided the best thing was to leave and only . We've only just started to rediscover them recently."

"My point is, most of what we know about them is based on these stories. Legends, passed down for years through books and word-of-mouth."

"And we have no idea how true they actually are. For all we know, some random guy just made them up and they caught on. The real story is probably something similar, but got changed at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if some jerk tried to make Giratina look like the bad guy."

"All we know for sure is that Arceus and Giratina had a fight at some point, somehow involving this tree. And....I guess that's when Giratina went off and made your world? Or maybe he'd already done that? Don't know, doesn't matter. Maybe Arceus and Giratina were the brothers, and something else created them? Doesn't matter. What does matter is we have no idea what destroying this thing will do. Best case, Giratina is right and it seals the barrier. But worst case, he's misunderstood whatever Arceus did to it, and it just ends up making things worse! If breaking the Red Chain is what caused this to start happening, then breaking more things could be a disaster! For both our worlds. Trust me, the last thing either of us wants is more portals pulling our worlds together."

Hermes does not look pleased with some of those things, apparently having a hard time accepting Giratina having been here before... But at least it's not all out hostility.

"Like Izzy said, I'm sure what was passed down was falsified for the sake of decieving people"

While I do value my existence, I also value the existence of life, and this tree has value instrinsically, and that's before considering it's historical value... Please don't use violence as your solution...There must be another way

"Yeah, I guess it could be wrong.... The only thing we know for sure about Giratina is that he broke the Red Chain to stop that Cyrus guy, so we know he saved our world at least once. That doesn't sound so bad, yeah?"

"What if Irene's right, though? What if breaking the tree does make things worse, and our worlds get forced together or something? What if demons and archdemons start dumping out of your world into ours, huh? We're not ready for them like you guys are - you can imagine how bad that'd be way better than we can. Could you just risk a whole other world like that without knowing for sure what'll happen?"

The trainers' adjusted words seemed to have at least somewhat softened Hermes expression, and Gaia seems back to her usual self... Hermes eventually speaking up again.

"...You realize what you are asking, right..?"

"Not only are you asking me to believe that, at the very least, our lord has visited these lands before..."

"You are asking me to doubt his word."

"Refuse what he ordered me, in the sake of caution."

"I...I can't do that."

"....you said you'd figured out a way to open portals of your own? How often can you do that? If you just wait a while, we can try to find out more about this tree, and maybe find out if it's possible to fix the Red Chain. Then you can come back later and decide for yourself if you still want to destroy it."

"The scientists said that it could take a whole season for our next chance to come back here... At the very least, for our next chance to also get back... Who knows what'll happen in that time? If..."

Hermes pauses, grip tightening on that sword once more... There is a brief heft as he seems he's going to affirm his claim once more- Just as Gaia speaks up.

"Besides, you are all talking like these portals are... Natural? Maybe if things get really bad that could happen, but so far... Everything we found has been created."

"Like the demon that came to our world originally... It was the source of both Colress and my dear hubbie to be taken..."

"...Right. I suppose it should make sense to ask about that thing. After all, maybe you've heard of it before, too- In one of these legends you spoke off..?"

"I've never actually seen it... Very few of us have. But we did, on one instance, learn of it's name."

"The Spark."

"Have you heard that name before..?"

Code: Select all

Wait what.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:33 am

"Goser... Sounds familiar. The mad scientist working for the God Squad at the stadium? Well, whatever... We'll have to go left or forward, find authentication for Nixon to get to the mainframe. Right? Or maybe we'll find Genesect first and get out of here quickly."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:35 am

"The vault. We need to check the vault."
Haley looks the airlock over and looks for anything missing relating to Nixon.

Per [5d6+3] = 26+3 = 29
Willow helps out to make it 30

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:47 am

"Well I had kind of assumed the vault door would lead to the mainframe, and that we wouldn't be able to get through there without Nixon's ID. Kind of makes no sense to make the most important part of the system not be the most protected. Then again, Goser was involved, apparently, and from what I've seen that guy's kind of a moron outside of his mad scientist gig. Couldn't act convincingly at all. Probably worked for people who were too insane to notice he was so bad, who would've designed this place horribly. The last door before the mainframe's probably made of paper. Because why not."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:49 am

"The vault is where genesect most likely hides behind. She would be kept secret and on guard because of the possible devastation she can cause. I don't know about grosser but we need to check it. Do you have the id? If that does not work we need to check the other door."

Haley will investigate the airlock (using per from earlier post)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:58 am

"... You realise you're just making up nonsense now, right? There's no reason to believe the thing can cause 'devastation.' And 'she'? It's a robot. Ach, whatever." Alex checks the consoles, and should he find no use for the ID approaches the door at the other end to see if the ID works on that one as well as the door they just passed.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:10 am

"She was a great destructive predator that was extinct many million years ago, it killed many in it's wake. When it was revived it's head was still destroyed. When it was reanimated it couldn't even live. So there was a robot suit made for it to survive. So it's not a robot. More of a cyborg."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:32 am

"The scientists said that it could take a whole season for our next chance to come back here... At the very least, for our next chance to also get back... Who knows what'll happen in that time? If..."

"Hmm...yeah, that sounds like a pretty long time. Especially if things are slower here. How many of your days is a season? Here it's probably about 90-100, give or take..."

Then, as Hermes breaks the news about the big mystery-demon being Sparky, of all things, Izzy frowns thoughtfully.

"Yeah, we...know about the Spark. He's kinda one of the ones that picked up a fragment of the Red Chain, actually. What do you know about him? Other than his name, of course."

"Also, how long have these...'demons' been bothering you guys? I'm guessing the Spark wasn't the first?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:59 am

"Hmm...yeah, that sounds like a pretty long time. Especially if things are slower here. How many of your days is a season? Here it's probably about 90-100, give or take..."
"I think it's the other way around - a season for them would be 10 seasons for us."

"Yeah, we...know about the Spark. He's kinda one of the ones that picked up a fragment of the Red Chain, actually. What do you know about him? Other than his name, of course."
"Yeah that's weird... last we checked, he couldn't move around between dimensions like that. At least I don't think he can. Maybe it was before he got his piece of the Chain? I gotta check something...."

Koa takes his pokedex out after feeling it buzz with the Spark's question, seeing that he's just as confused by this as the trainers are.

A thought occurs to Koa, though, and he types it out for the Spark.

Howd u get the red chain piece?  How long ago was it?
"Also, how long have these...'demons' been bothering you guys? I'm guessing the Spark wasn't the first?"
"I'm wondering that, too. Or, like, did they start showing up more often, recently?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:03 pm

"If it went extinct that long ago then you really are just making up how powerful it is. And you're just guessing at its gender. There would have been both, you know."
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 am

Drake looks at the tree again while he pats Ghos on the back, before turning his attention back to Hermes. Ghos just yawns and waits patiently for the ordeal to run its course.

"I think it's the other way around - a season for them would be 10 seasons for us."
"Well, only if their seasons are as long as ours in their world.."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:48 am

"Can we just stop speculating? We know nothing."

He approaches the terminals, looking at them as though they are alien technology.

"Anyone know how to use these? I'm thinking they may unlock this vault door?"
► Show Spoiler
He taps the screen uselessly, and speaks loudly and slowly to the terminal "OPEN. VAULT."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:58 am

"My first guess is that it's a two-key system. If that's true we'd need two passwords, keys, IDs, or something similar, and both would have to be entered simultaneously." (Still, should check it, 'cause my guess may be wrong.)
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:36 am

"Yeah, We have... stories about a lot. While not the most common one, Spark does have stories about him."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Haley, Alex, Bjorn

Haley and Alex speculate among each other, as Bjorn eventually just tells them to shut it and actually focus on the task ahead... Luna meekly chirps in that maybe the trainers shouldn't fight... Before they turn to actually investigate stuff.

Haley starts off by investigating the airlock- Finding that there's nothing really special about it, at least not concerning this 'Nixon'... The door is currently opened towards them, and there is a lever on the outside to force the airlock to orient to your direction, and a lever in the middle to begin the decontamination progress, giving access to whatever might be behind it... She is able to tell this airlock has been used a LOT more than the one they had come through, though, general wear and tear just far more apparent...

Alex meanwhile checks out some of the terminals... One of them just seems to be saying it's waiting for authorization. While another one... Seems stuck on displaying a single log.
It has been decided after intense debate, that all operations here are to be cancelled. I had urged for most of it to be destroyed as well- But while the goods we've kept here have been kept here because they're too dangerous for the public to know... They're also too valuable to destroy.

The prisoners will go free. All other options have been considered inhumane. But strong precautions will be taken to make sure they'll never be able to find this place again.

As for the Singularity project...

Ten years.

That's how long it'll take until the battery runs out.

May someday the future know if it worked...

-Nixon
Bjorn meanwhile, spotting the unlock console, does his best to try and do just that... Uselessly tapping against the screen and trying to command it to open by voice- The not a murderAI speaking up.

"Facial recognition... Failed." it speaks... The trainers, again, noticing there's some camera's in the complex...

Koa, Drake, Izzy, Irene

"Well, only if their seasons are as long as ours in their world.."
"And how long is one day..?"

"We don't really have days... It just seems a convenient measuring unit for you demons."

"I'd guess... Around 50 days per season. Trying to do some quick math from how long one day here seems to be..." speaks up... Can she really just do math like that on the top of her head..?

Following that comes the "reveal" about the Spark... Which is a surprise even to the Spark, apparently- As the trainers do their very best to show off that the suits they're wearing is NOT from the Spark. It's... From his mexican cousin. Yeah. They won't know what that means, so they'll believe it.

"Yeah that's weird... last we checked, he couldn't move around between dimensions like that. At least I don't think he can. Maybe it was before he got his piece of the Chain? I gotta check something...."
"Yeah, We have... stories about a lot. While not the most common one, Spark does have stories about him."

"So it's still alive?!"

"That only makes matters worse..."

"That almost guarantees it's just trying to fight his way back in... I-"

"I'm wondering that, too. Or, like, did they start showing up more often, recently?" Izzy and Koa ask, quickly interrupting the rather anxious Hermes... As Gaia replies.

"Since... Always, pretty much. Zeus is the oldest off all of us, and they existed back in his day, too... But besides this whole... Barries issue, there's been no issues..."

"But there's always been a pattern... This thing was not a part of it..."

Koa meanwhile, questions the Spark on how and when he got his chain piece- Soon receiving a reply.

I got it when the chain broke. I took a chance while everyone was distracted.

...Look, for the sake of full honesty- I probably don't need to explain it doesn't make any sense for me to be the one who brought Prometheus to this world, and THEN also bring you guys here...

It likely was a trick from... Something, to make people think it was me.

...Admittedly, I have no idea what or who that could be, and I do not like it.

But I must also admit... I had my suspicions about... Well, all this.

There's probably one or two things you might find useful to know... Once, well, all this is over.
"...Look. Just... Leave."

"I have a duty to fulfill. It is only gonna take a couple minutes more for the portal home to open..."

"I cannot allow you to stop me."