D&D 5e - The Wandering Archipelago

Dlover
Game Master

Re: D&D 5e (full?) - Set-up phase

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 pm

Awright, that's settled.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:26 pm

Wait, how would I be a good tie-in? I'm not averse to it, but Kal has spent his entire life in a tiny village deep in the forest. This is his first trip to civilization, and by "civilization" I mean a small remote trading post. His tie-in to the party is that his mother (a human ranger) once did a service for the family of our noble dragonborn, and hopes that will gain him a friend. How would he know our new orphan friend?

(Still need to update my gear. Yes, I know I'll have to purchase a holy symbol, but thanks for the reminder.)

I do kind of wish Acolyte didn't force you to take Insight, especially given that among the suggested Acolyte traits are "has little experience with the outside world" and "is too ready to trust." Both of which Kal has. Automatic proficiency in "sense motive" doesn't really seem to fit. Oh well.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:23 am

Equipment, take 3:

Hide armor (10gp): AC 13 (12+DEX)
Explorer's pack (10gp): Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50 feet of hempen rope.
Holy symbol (amulet) (5gp)
Coin pouch (5sp) (10sp = 1 gp)
Common clothes (5gp)
Battleaxe (10gp) 1d8 slashing damage. 1d10 if wielded two-handed.
Short bow (25gp) 1d8 piercing damage. Range 150/600.
20 Arrows (1gp)
Quiver (1gp)
Healer's kit (5gp)
Leather worker's tools (5gp)
Wood carving tools (1gp)
Cook's utensils (1gp)
Herbalism kit (5gp)
Sewing kit (1gp)

Total: 85.5gp

Leaving me 14gp, 5sp.

Sheet updated
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 am

WearsHats wrote:Wait, how would I be a good tie-in? I'm not averse to it, but Kal has spent his entire life in a tiny village deep in the forest. This is his first trip to civilization, and by "civilization" I mean a small remote trading post. His tie-in to the party is that his mother (a human ranger) once did a service for the family of our noble dragonborn, and hopes that will gain him a friend. How would he know our new orphan friend?
A fair point. I still haven't had a chance to go over everyone else's backstory yet, but I could probably tweak my own a bit if necessary.
I do kind of wish Acolyte didn't force you to take Insight, especially given that among the suggested Acolyte traits are "has little experience with the outside world" and "is too ready to trust." Both of which Kal has. Automatic proficiency in "sense motive" doesn't really seem to fit. Oh well.
I hear ya. I'm over here sitting on Sleight of Hand, which, while it meshes better with the background, still doesn't really fit all that great with my character.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:00 am

Nioca wrote:
WearsHats wrote:Wait, how would I be a good tie-in? I'm not averse to it, but Kal has spent his entire life in a tiny village deep in the forest. This is his first trip to civilization, and by "civilization" I mean a small remote trading post. His tie-in to the party is that his mother (a human ranger) once did a service for the family of our noble dragonborn, and hopes that will gain him a friend. How would he know our new orphan friend?
A fair point. I still haven't had a chance to go over everyone else's backstory yet, but I could probably tweak my own a bit if necessary.
Based on Syli's background of someone helping her out when she was in a pinch, I was figuring that Kal came to her aid, as two folks lost/alone in the world, they could have paired up and she opted to follow along on Kal's trip to find and meet up with an old family acquaintance.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:00 am

That makes sense. If we can figure out where that happened. Somewhere on the road, I guess.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: D&D 5e - The Wandering Archipelago

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:11 am

Hey folks, just wanted to flag up that there is space for one/two more players in the wandering archipelago 5e game if anyone out there fancies giving it a go.

There's a fair amount going on at the moment but you don't need to know any of it to get started - we'll build that info in as we go. Give me a shout by PM, in here or in the OOC thread if you're interested.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:34 pm

So yeah I might be interested...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:36 pm

OK, I'll put you on the reserve list :) so far I've had interest from Dusk and SuperVaderMan, who I think will be joining. If they change their minds or something else happens though I'll let you know. Eight is really my upper limit for players!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Laughs always too late...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:02 pm

I was surprised to get two folk interested so quickly, not going to lie!