[Waiting List Active] Raptor at Heart - Unfamiliar World

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: [Reboot] Raptor at Heart - Unfamiliar World

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Loose Gilroy. I'd rather not have a convict try to skin us. *shudder* and maybe Ambrose.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:59 am

Ambrose

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:32 am

Hammond and Farah

Also, can we please get a summary of all the PCs (so far) in one single post, too? Would be handy. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 am

These players of yours are so demanding...

:P

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:50 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Hammond and Farah

Also, can we please get a summary of all the PCs (so far) in one single post, too? Would be handy. :thumbsup:
Front page, my dear. Did that last night!

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:16 am

Looks like the five of you are the initial interest pool. We've got one other interested, but Dlover won't be available for a while yet.

Would you like to start as soon as I can finish the intro post, or would you like to wait for a week~ for an active 6th? I'm fine with either, so I'll leave it to you.

Current vote has Gilroy meeting his end just as things get started with Farah and Ambrose tied for runner up. I guess I made it easy to guess what was happening to poor Gilroy just before he turned raptor, though I find your decision intriguing since aside from what info you have there, no one knows why annnnnd likely never will unless I spill his story OOC :shock:

Oh well. The people have spoken! I'm so glad to be able to start this up again, especially since I am in a position irl to not find myself unable to keep it going, unlike last time!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Eh, keep him and lose mommy dearest if you'd prefer.

I'm happy to start whenever :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:54 pm

If you're thinking of waiting on me, I'd not advise it unless you're willing to wait a while. I'm close to finishing with assignments, but then I've got to prepare for exams, and they'll be going for two and a half weeks as yet. School just hates fun. )`:
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:16 am

nikohl wrote:Eh, keep him and lose mommy dearest if you'd prefer.

I'm happy to start whenever :)
Oh i'm fine however the vote goes. They've each got a story, something to bring to the pack etc... this just makes it possible for me to not play a billion npcs and give you guys some interesting choices to make early on =D The exception being Lilly for aforementioned story reasons. She's not immune to death, just immune to the "Vote for who dies" xD

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:20 am

I'm good to go.
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:57 pm

Intro post is nearing completion. I'm debating if we should use the old OOC thread or start a new one. Opinions?

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:11 am

[As I get it, there is still one spot open ?^^ If not, put me on the list, if you would ;) ]

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:33 am

Yes, there is! Just give me the info requested on the first page and i'll write up a raptor for you and work you in asap!

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:10 am

Great ! As in work in... Ah, who says, one raptor couldn't have been behind a bush, two metres away all the time...

"Hey, whats all that no- Uuuuh, SHIT !"

To get it right - We are playing actual velociraptors, yes ? The feathered, turkey-sized variant, not the Jurassic Parc variant... Yes ?^^

Okay, background it is...

Name: Katrina Jansen
Age: 24 (I imagine her from a not-so-far-future. Lets say 2020-2050)
Appearance: rather tall for a woman, slender, more wiry and athletic than muscular, with long auburn hair, sapphire eyes and a somewhat mischievous smile, which never seems to fully leave her lips. A fine scar runs from her left brow down to the left cheek (A tumble with someone who couldn't take a no... Don't worry, he looked much worse).

Info:
Katrina hails from germany (Hey, yes, I am finally playing someone from my own country ! :D). She had a nice childhood - Well, as nice as it gets, when you're the only girl out of six children. In the end, she ended up being more of a boy, at least, thats how she usually sees it. The tomboyish attitude never left her - As didn't the instinctual care for the bigger family, start with the youngest. She did her military service, even when it wasn't compulsory for women, but it helped her to think a little bit more about what she wanted to do with her life. As it was, the military wasn't it. She was much to free-spirited and thick-headed to be good at following orders from people, which seemed to loose 5 points of IQ whenever gaining a rank. In the end, she did something entirely different and studied botany at the university of Heidelberg. She also is a practioner of tai chi and a semi-professional swimmer, as well as somewhat of a geek... Not that any of that will help her much in a non-human form.

So, hailing from a loving working class family in a rich country with no problems to feed herself and no real war the population would have noticed in three generations, with social healthcare that forbid the worst issues of poverty - her life was full of experiences, yet entirely more anticlimatic than that of other tranformed. She keeps a cool (if stubborn) head and all the strategic talent that role-playing games are able to give you. Hey, thats what half the people do at university...

Her last remembrance as a human is shaking the hand of her professor after reaching out to her degree. She never got it.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:57 am

(iirc we're feathery JP-size raptors... So not quite the historically 'correct' velociraptor, and not quite the movie critter. I've been visualising a half-size Deinonychus in my head.)

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Raptor Appearance: Katrina becomes an young-adult male raptor; lean and gangly, her new form shows signs of easy muscle development as well as the needs of a growing raptor. Katrina's hide is grey-black and sports more dominantly displayed grey stripes that taper away from each of the vertebra in his spine. Small, pearly white feathers adorn his eye ridges while larger feathering appears on his spine and wrist. His tail feathers are the same pearly white coloration, but are far softer than any others, giving it a fluffy appearance.

And as nikohl said, your characters are jurassic park size, but with the feathery adornments of the scientific variety of velociraptor!

From the first post explaining the game:
The velociraptors depicted are based on a mix of scientifically correct velociraptor and Jurassic Parks Velociraptor.

They are intelligent, supporting the factoid of the characters human side continuing to exist.
They are larger than the scientific version of the raptor
They have some of the feathery adornments of the scientific version.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Re: [Waiting List Active] Raptor at Heart - Unfamiliar World

Post by Feytala » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Male... Now that will get intresting. :D Even when I am not sure... Uhm... How exactly differ male and female ones ? Uhm, optically, of course... ^^┬░
Can our characters actually differentiate ? Do the "voices" sound differently ?

Kat on Testosteron... That will be fascinating. :D Oh well, not that she'll notice THAT first. But she WILL notice.^^

Grey-black with fluffy pearly white feathers... Intresting. Sounds rather cool. I like it.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:13 pm

Neat! That is almost opposite of Henry's colours, he is a mostly albino raptor with black feathers.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:02 am

haha, would be interesting to the offspring of those two. :lol: But I think they are both male in raptor form, so won't be happening even in fan fiction. o:)
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:11 am

GathersIngredients wrote:haha, would be interesting to the offspring of those two. :lol: But I think they are both male in raptor form, so won't be happening even in fan fiction. o:)
Never know what a stronger boon might allow... but they'd lay camera film rolls that need to be developed :lol:

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:35 am

There were/are reptiles that can change their gender... But I think, Kat would be more the type to hit on the girls either way. :P Maybe Hammond !^^