Goblins Pixel Dungeon - 8 Bit

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
locastan
Remains Silent

Goblins Pixel Dungeon - 8 Bit

Post by locastan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:17 am

Hi Community,

I have been working on a Pixel Dungeon adaption for the Goblin 'verse and just yesterday reached closed beta state.
The game is based on the incredible Unleashed Pixel Dungeon game by David Mitchell, I made some nice modifications and added the Goblin Player chars, some Items and bits of lore from Thuntonia. :)

For now its available on invite only on the amazon app store as I want to shake out the bugs before release and don't feel like spending 25$ registration fee just to get this fanservice on Google Play.

ImageImage

So if you want to help with testing, give me an email adress I can add to the testing group and you will get an invite. :)
(Note: If you opted out of amazon email marketing, you will not be able to receive the email, sadly.)

Have a nice day!
- locastan.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Goblins Pixel Dungeon - 8 Bit

Post by Krulle » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:46 am

That looks great!
Congrats and thanks for doing something great like this!

Amazon store? Sounds like smartphone or similar is necessary to play. :(

What are the system/OS requirements?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

locastan
Remains Silent

Post by locastan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:09 am

Well it is pitched for an android device right now. So you can play with your Goblins on an android smartphone or tablet while you have some time to kill waiting for the bus or sitting on the toilet. ;)

But on a PC you can emulate it using an android emulator like http://www.memuplay.com/ for example. You just need to download the amazon app store app, and then you can get the game from the invite email or when we go out of beta stage, directly through searching on the amazon app.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:09 am

While I personally do favour android over iOS, we only own ios (and old Windows) devices.

I'll see whether I can make the amazon app store run on my PC, but between family, work, and household there isn't much time to do gaming...

thanks for the info!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

locastan
Remains Silent

Post by locastan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:51 am

Just updating this thread. The game is now also available via Google Play, so finding and installing it is now pretty user friendly. It evolved a bit further with some new items and lore added. :)

Just search for "Goblins Pixel Dungeon" on Google Play and it comes right up. Thanks for playing, and leave some feedback here or per review. :)

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:34 am

Thanks, ive bern playing for a while and i played the original pixel dungeon before. This is a fine version. Many interesting features amd i quite like the herbert alters. Well done. I enjoyed.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:57 am

I'm installing it now. Will leave feedback when I get a chance to play.

FYI, the link is here.* If you're on a computer and not your phone/tablet when you go there, Google Play will ask you what device you want it on, and will then just go ahead and send it there. :)

*I don't see any problem with advertising links to a free, comic-related game.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Well, my (adult) daughter got to playing this before I did. She's a Pixel Dungeon fan, so she went and downloaded it when I told her about it. She loved it, and gives it thumbs way up.