Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Island: OOC Thread

Post by Theis2 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Double posting to expand on it.
I transformed in 203 where kin healed me for 2 hp so I end at 3/5
Turn 204 nothing happens, still 3/5
Turn 205 my spirit form drains one hp and the wizard creates magic plant healing rain which also heals half dryads, for a net hp loss/gain of 0 ending me at 3/5 (or -1 if I don't heal while unconcious causing me to be at 2/5)
Turn 206 nothing happens so I'm at 3/5 (2/5)
Turn 207 I lose 1 hp more but should still be alive unless I've misunderstood the rate of hp loss (which I very well could have)

Sorry about being a bother but I would like not to destroy everyone as my spirit form avenges me :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Don't worry it's fine, except that even with the healing and stuff, those trees knocked you down to 1hp on turn 204 or 205 right before you escaped into the mine.

Edit: I'm in my phone at the moment, but I'll check again and make sure I didn't screw this up :)

Edit edit: the rain negated the 1hp you would have lost from being in the spirit form,tbut didn't actually make your hr go up.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat May 07, 2016 7:15 pm

Should I port back to camp to assist you guys now or do you think you've got it?
I feel having someone beach side is useful as we don't always have to go through the jungle this way. But I can't think of much I want to do now the keelhaul idea has failed.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun May 08, 2016 3:12 am

I'd definitely appreciate your help, pat. If you could port over and use the token (on shackled) to heal him, I could have Kin attack/tackle someone and hopefully killing them, massively reducing the chance of them piling up on any of us and doing more damage. With Write out to dream, that's our last bit of healing (unless I use Kin's special ability and that atm, iirc, will kill HER with the current constellation). You are super welcome to go back to the beach after the fight, if that's what you want to do.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun May 08, 2016 6:31 am

Ok i'll come back so you can attack
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 08, 2016 7:33 am

Technically, you guys can't actually access someone else's inventory (to avoid theft and other PvP shenaningans). We made an exception for when people went into the dream-world because it saves them dumping their whole inventory on the ground and saves me drawing it, but under ordinary circumstances (like this), you can't take and use someone else's stuff.

Happy to discuss this further in the OOC thread though - this game's been running for AAAAGES and we've had various house-rulings for different situations as they've come up, so I understand if that's led to confusion on what can / can't be done.

As an alternative course of action, Kin could use her "greater good" power to save shackled (and heal everyone else a bit) but it would cost her all 3 HP (unless someone leaves the area). Shackled would at least be alive though, and could heal Kin on his next turn.

You've still got four little tree-guys to deal with and that sprite, but everyone's got decent enough DEF that it probably wouldn't be a particularly deadly problem to deal with (except Silver - her DEF is just terrible).

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:42 am

I thought that my spirit form hp was seperated from my regular hp, but it's nice to know that they apparently are linked together when I take damages in the spirit form.

I guess I can't simply allow Kin to access my healing token for me? :D
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 08, 2016 7:45 am

Double-post to track Shackled's health status:

I have no idea what he started the day with HP-wise, but I'll assume that it was the correct number.

Turn 201: Shackled discovers the plant army
Turn 202: The plant army attack him. HP = 1/5
Turn 203: Shackled turns into his spirit form & Kin heals him. HP = 3/5.
Turn 204: Nobody gets hurt. It starts to rain (no effect).
Turn 205: Shackled loses 1HP to the spirit form, and is healed 1HP by the rain. Shackled provokes the tree-army by capturing the sprite and gets beaten down to 1HP.
Turn 206: Shackled flees into the mine and is safe.
Turn 207: The rain stops. Shackled comes loses his last 1HP to his spirit form.

Reading back over it, I realise I wasn't particularly clear about when the rain was stopping. I should have put a note in Turn 206, but it was only meant to have an effect for 2 turns. Sorry if that's what caused the confusion!

EDIT: Your spirit form ATT & DEF are separate, but you share HP (or a "life-force" or whatever) :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:58 am

Ahhhhhhhh, that's what have been confusing me, I thought my hp was seperated from the body as well.

Now that I know/finaly realised that I will go over to the corner and stay silent/dying :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 08, 2016 8:07 am

Ah yeah! That'll do it! :lol:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun May 08, 2016 8:22 am

Ah the wearer gets HP... Hmm so if kin took it and wore it. Then did her special greater good it would heal the body without her dying and if I'm not in the area that saves losing 1 extra HP.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun May 08, 2016 8:23 am

Well, since Shackled is dying I was assuming he's in no state to STOP someone from grabbing and using his gear, even if he wanted to. And since they would be using the token to safe his life, I would assume he wouldn't even want to, in the first place. Also, since we can stuff from dead people (not like in LSN's games, where they are lost forever), I was assuming a near-dead body could be "looted" as much as a dead one. But I'm happy to abide by the rules. I just could have kin grab shackled, drag him into the mine and do her healing skill for the greater good there, I suppose.

Also, I would have assumed that since the body of Shackled was exposed to the rain all the time, that it would have kept healing him. But I have no clue how the whole bod/spirit form thing is supposed to work.

:) :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun May 08, 2016 8:30 am

The draging option could work to then you just transfer 1hp and we can use the self heal amulet straight after if shacklesis allowed an action.

If we do that I guess I just port back and attack so they are more focus on the fighters.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 08, 2016 9:36 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Well, since Shackled is dying I was assuming he's in no state to STOP someone from grabbing and using his gear, even if he wanted to. And since they would be using the token to safe his life, I would assume he wouldn't even want to, in the first place. Also, since we can stuff from dead people (not like in LSN's games, where they are lost forever), I was assuming a near-dead body could be "looted" as much as a dead one. But I'm happy to abide by the rules. I just could have kin grab shackled, drag him into the mine and do her healing skill for the greater good there, I suppose.

Also, I would have assumed that since the body of Shackled was exposed to the rain all the time, that it would have kept healing him. But I have no clue how the whole bod/spirit form thing is supposed to work.

:) :thumbsup:
OK, the rain lasted for 2 turns of healing but shackled was inside the mine for one of them, so he only got healed once.

The reason you can loot dead bodies is because you guys have the ability to spend a HUGE amount of time crafting unique items and I thought it would suck if they all vanished if someone died. However that's also why you guys can't just loot someone's stuff while they sleep / bleed etc. because theft sucks. I know you're not stealing stuff for "evil" in this case, but it would set a precedent. For the purposes of the game, inventories exist in a magical pocket dimension that only the owner can access (until they die).

The healing token has been used in the past to save an ally (I guess I was feeling kind!), so shackled could use it on Kin once he's alive again (LINK: http://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 50#p104441). OR, Silver and/or Treasures could just pop inside the mine for a turn and then Kin won't reach 0HP at all and everything would be fine.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon May 09, 2016 4:32 am

And Write wouldn't impact the 'Greater Good' count as her HP is full still, right?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:38 am

That doesn't matter sadly
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue May 17, 2016 2:09 am

Good job, everyone. I don't really know how we made it through this attack without anyone dying (so far, but numbers sure look our way, atm.), I'm sure some luck was involved, too, aside from teamwork. :thumbsup:

Now we need to get everyone who is hurt to eat a full meal and make sure they all sleep at night, or we're not going to survive another day.
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 17, 2016 3:31 am

Write has a biscuit that is a full meal. Someone is more than welcome to it.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue May 17, 2016 6:15 am

We made it through the attack but there's plenty of other things that could finish us off. Lets hope for some mutual destruction between, balloon guy, tieflings, stumpy and weird man number two.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue May 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Phew, we're a lot tougher than I thought, too! I think we have some good lessons from fighting these guys - now we know the rain heals them, fire hurts them. We had some good team tactics that worked very well, and kind of show our strengths and weaknesses as well... Silver and Shackled can pretty much one-shot bad guys with the right setup, but are vulnerable. If we stuck Shackled in a pot of clean water, would he regen fast enough to counteract the loss of health from being in spirit form? Also, can Silver wear armor on top of/under the Thief's Robe? We could use the corpses of the twigmen to make wooden armor like Native Americans used to wear - not so great against metal, but more effective than leather against blunt damage and arrows.

Does Treasure get better at illusions, and is it even possible to skill up in bluffing/ventriloquism?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 am

Erm. I would just collect the dead tree people, cut them into bits and put them in the trench, and set them on fire the next time tree people attack. That should keep them at bay. If we can find something flammable to douse them in, even better.
And then kill them with ranged options.
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 19, 2016 1:34 am

Write only has the one biscuit left I believe, correct me if I'm wrong thinks. You'll (Write's clanmates) need to decide who gets it as I have no preference.

Oh Write also has some mystery berries...

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:30 pm

So quick vote.
Build these protective tunnels that give us a mild second line of defence the mine.

or make sure everyone has a plank of wood

Or just try and get rid of the mushrooms? There one on the other side of the rope that will need to be dealt with so could be practice.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:38 am

we shouldn't get rid of them (we can harvest the glue and spread it out over the wall and/or use it to build things), imho.

So either tunnel or board (we have hammer space anyways) is fine by me.
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:23 am

So... I remember Kin trying to salvage the owlbear's hides. Didn't she succeed or does the inventory need updating (I think Write was helping her with the tanning, so it would have been at least that long ago, before she entered dream land).
Also, the blue leaf paste isn't in Kin's inventory anymore, she passed it to... Treasure, I believe.
► Show Spoiler