Kliks Info

Discuss the comic here!
Dragonking
Remains Silent

Re: Kliks Info

Post by Dragonking » Fri May 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Got a really good idea for a Klik that I really want to play as a character.

Since Kiliks do seem intelligent, they just don't have the capacity for speech normally it should work out if I had the info regarding character creation for Kliks (stat bonuses, creature size, etc...)

Name: Klik
Type: Organic (bone)
Size: Small (since they are said to be the size of a bowling ball, small or tiny)
Positive: Bone
Negative: Negative energy (does half again as much, or 1.5x modifier, or if you get a total of 8 for damage he takes 12) (I have it as this unless I can think of something else that would be good in regards of balancing him. Also I can call the DM out for cheating if every battle we encounter someone who does nothing but sling Neg. energy attacks about. see note.)
Special: When he eats bones he can absorb and adapt from them. Eating teeth from a wolf gives him a bite attack, claws from a tiger give him a claw attack. More claws or bones from tiger can give him pounce. Ogre bones can give him a STR increase, or a size increase. Troll bones have a possibility of giving him Fast Healing 5 (not Regeneration, that'd be a tad overpowered), fast healing only heals HP, it does not restore energy in regards for flying.
Special: Since he is just a floating ball of solid bone, he has DR 10/Bludgeoning. Since Slashing and Piercing attacks would only chip at his exterior while Bludgeoning would actually cause wide-spread damage.
Class: Probably a couple levels Monk and Fighter, but would aim for the prestige class Kensai (complete warrior) since I could then enchant the natural weapons to be magical via spending EXP. Then I would just have to convince the DM that you can totally buy items the count as EXP for stuff like this. You can but the items only count as 2 or 3 EXP and cost 200 gold, but it's mentioned in multiple places that the normal exchange ratio is a 5:1 gold:EXP and therefore I should totally be able to buy items to use at the 5:1 rate, just only in like big cities or something.

Note: Had a campaign where one of the other players was a druid with a crab as his animal companion (Vermin Companion feat) and since it's natural armour gave it such a high AC the DM had enemies start carrying around Alchemist's Fire, and would have them throw them if the crab entered the room first, though if anyone else did, their ready actions would be normal attacks.

Iamnotreallyhere
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Iamnotreallyhere » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:57 pm

A Pastry Klick
Organic
Positive: Cakes, doughnuts and everything else that might be called a pastry
Negative: Broccoli and other healthy vegitables

or
A Color Klick
Energy
Positive: Things that are the color green
Negative: Things that are the color yellow

n-Guy
Remains Silent

Post by n-Guy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:20 pm

Long-time reader, first-time poster. Love the comic. When Klik gives Dies a new hand ("Dies new hand" http://www.goblinscomic.org/04072006/) Dies can sense that doing so is forbidden and Klik could/would be killed for doing so. Why then do all of the Kliks patch up Forgath when he falls off the bridge? Aren't they all doing something forbidden? Maybe this will be explained?

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:30 am

n-Guy wrote:Long-time reader, first-time poster. Love the comic. When Klik gives Dies a new hand ("Dies new hand" http://www.goblinscomic.org/04072006/) Dies can sense that doing so is forbidden and Klik could/would be killed for doing so. Why then do all of the Kliks patch up Forgath when he falls off the bridge? Aren't they all doing something forbidden? Maybe this will be explained?
It was forbidden because Klik tried to do it without creating an independent soul inside the arm (and we know how that turned out). If Forgath's patches do have souls, it's okay and they'll separate in due time (hopefully while he's able to heal himself afterwards).

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Kliks In

Post by Krulle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:31 am

I assume Dies' Hand got a bit more than just being a patch... It can move to reflect Dies' thoughts, and thus allow Dies to use the hand.

Forgath's patches are just that, dumb patches. At least for the time being I assume so.

heh, ninja'ed. Glemp may be right, these patches might just grow out of while Forgath heals himself...Towards the end they'll just be loosely attached blimps, which finalise their transformation to full Kliks.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

n-Guy
Remains Silent

Post by n-Guy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:06 pm

This begs the question then, why did Klik do it the "banned" way if she/he/it could have just put a patch on Dies? I guess you could say that then Dies wouldn't have had a hand. But Forgath has a big chunk of rock on his shoulder. So the kliks who patched him at least were able to replace (parts of, or more) his shoulder with a joint that worked. Was it because of the acid blood weakness? That is to say, Klik couldn't do Dies the "legit" way because his negative was Dies's own blood and Klik would've passed along that weakness to Dies new hand?

We know Dies's hand *did* have a soul. Was it a "dependent" soul? Was that why Dies went psycho at times and why when the hand broke off it went crazy? Still doesn't quite make sense to me.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:51 pm

I distinctly recall Thunt made this clear on livechat. Whenever Dies went "psycho", that was clearly Junior taking control; he acts psychopathic for the same reason people might: a corrupt soul. Klik was forbidden from using the "baby as permanent bodypart" technique because he's unskilled; this is implied in how Junior's positive is blood, and we've seen the grusome fallout of that feature. To contrast, Forgath's implants each share the positives of their parents, so there's no risk of becoming polymorphus vampires.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:38 am

n-Guy wrote:Long-time reader, first-time poster. Love the comic. When Klik gives Dies a new hand ("Dies new hand" http://www.goblinscomic.org/04072006/) Dies can sense that doing so is forbidden and Klik could/would be killed for doing so. Why then do all of the Kliks patch up Forgath when he falls off the bridge? Aren't they all doing something forbidden? Maybe this will be explained?
And now this was explained by the very recent page.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:29 pm

SpeaksManyLanguages wrote:
And now this was explained by the very recent page.
To which we should probably provide a link, so that future readers of this thread are not left adrift: http://www.goblinscomic.org/11262015-2/
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:34 am

The comic http://www.goblinscomic.org/12102015-2/ discussed in this thread delivers more information, which I find appropriate to copy here:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:So people are accusing me of injecting pronoun ideology into the comic with Salt's him/her thing? Really?
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Salt is a girl. Yes, her species is genderless, but there's no ideological agenda here, peeps. She's just a girl. That's all it means.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I didn't mean for it to be feminist in any way. Salt is a girl, that's all I was introducing.
I see no problem in that, genderless people might still be inclined to identify as female or as male; just like some (biologically) male identify as female and vice versa.

My speculation :
It may have to do with which gender the host of the newborn Klik had.
If the host was female, the copied soul might still identify as female.
It the host was male (like Dies Horribly), the copied soul seems to identify as male.
Now we do not have seen genderless hosts in Goblinscomic yet, so that may be another reason why no Klik until now indentifies as "it".
(soul copying explained in this page)
Klik has been identified as male by Dies Horribly here.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:05 am

Some info from the yesterday's stream:
Ward the Sword Klik indeed doesn't have IME at all. That's why the sword in his hand didn't glow and the SFX were left black. He also doesn't click at all. This is because he is half item, and items don't have IMEs.

Tarol also talked a lot about how kliks' identities work. They are used to not just being a single identity, but forming bonds and becoming a new identity with others. So, klonks are many kliks, but those kliks themselves aren't lost. They are still there, identifying as themselves and they make decisions and act as themselves, even if it's together with few other klicks ÔÇö they all make the same decisions and think alike. Every klik can feel like s/he's in charge, but they are all acting together, like some sort of a family. He compared kliks merging to a marriage of sorts.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:40 am

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Now that's out, I wonder - what if an Energy Klik made of fire, whose negative wasn't water, were to touch it? Are negatives the only way to harm a klik, or just the worst/best way?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:46 pm

I assume just the hardest hitting ones...

The blog specifically states that energy Kliks have additional advantages and disadvantages, depending on the energy they are.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:33 pm

The blog is missing the Liquid variety explanation. :( Given the multiple instances that the blog mentions 5 types, I'm sure this was not intentional. The teaser at the end only suggests that part 2 will talk about kloks and tics.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:44 pm

Actually, Hunt said that he will talk about the liquid variety in part two :)
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:50 pm

For completeness: http://www.goblinscomic.org/thuntonian-lore-3-kliks-part-2/

Haven't read it myself yet, In three hours maybe...

RobotSamurai
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by RobotSamurai » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:37 am

So what happens if a Klik whose positive is water decides to eat a water klik?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Warped Kliks will come in part three...

Anyway, to your question: that would be unwilling merging, so no Klok will be created, instead it's murder, and thus both sides will roll for attack and defence....

PhoenixBard
Mutters to Themself

Post by PhoenixBard » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:09 am

Klik Plushies should be a thing. As in, Thunt contracts with a company to make Kilk plushies. No matter the in-game Klik material, the Plushie would be, well, a plushie.
Signature removed by admin: violated forum advertising rules.

SpellsBedly
Of Few Words

Post by SpellsBedly » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Glemp wrote:Now that's out, I wonder - what if an Energy Klik made of fire, whose negative wasn't water, were to touch it? Are negatives the only way to harm a klik, or just the worst/best way?
Krulle wrote:I assume just the hardest hitting ones...
Probably. A wood klik is probably more vulnerable to getting hit with an axe than a metal click, because axes are good at splitting wood. Water cools burning materials off by taking up heat and evaporating, taking the heat with it. A fire klik will lose heat energy that way, whether or not water is a formal weakness of the creature.

PhoenixBard
Mutters to Themself

Post by PhoenixBard » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Can Kliks pass their abilites onto people without compromising their (the klik's) structure?
Signature removed by admin: violated forum advertising rules.

phurgawtin
Remains Silent

Post by phurgawtin » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:47 pm

A temporal Klik that is made of psionic matter.

It must still eat temporal paradoxes, to prevent reality distortion, but it does not gain from these as a positive.

Its positive are unique ideas. It probes minds with its psionic powers, and at the time someone has an original idea, it eats that idea, thus creating the temporal paradox of the person having achieved the Eureka state of a good idea while not knowing what the idea was. It then must eat this temporal paradox as well, to prevent reality distortion.

Its negative are idiom thoughts. If it's probing minds, and comes across idiomatic phrases (e.g. "The cat's out of the bag", etc.), it takes damage. If it catches the damage-taking early enough, the Klik can try to generate a temporal paradox using its existence in the past to prevent itself from having ever read that thought.