Comin' back to this forum...

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Comin' back to this forum...

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Alright, since Spider brought it up when I talked with him last, I've decided I'm going to throw my hat back into the ring. I have three ideas for my next game.

The first is a "battle arena" where the pit fighters take on "bosses" from various video games, famous figures with gimmicks (like Trump might have his hair as an ally and spawn more hair golems), and Monster Adventuring Parties. Based kind of on Final Fantasy where each player has a different class from round to round, you'll be able to get loot such as weapons from the Final Fantasy series of games, Mario games, etc. Absolutely silly and serious at the same time. It'll also have a "fans mechanic" where you get more fans (and more fans get you more gold for gearing up at the Shady Dealer) based on the quality of your RP character posts (but no loss if you don't RP). I did this on IRC in real time for several years and it was quite a lot of fun, but given the time zone differences of all you guys, I'm pretty unsure I can get people together on a nightly/every other day basis to run a real-time version with the IRC script I have.

The second idea is a game I've been working on off and on in my head I call "Rumbleball"... basically https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame with a few twists and traps. Inspired by Blood Bowl on Steam, it's... juuuuuust a little more dangerous. And that's saying something.

Finally, a return (even though I said I wouldn't, it's been long enough) to another Civilization. Whether it will be Spore-inspired (the last one was kind of fun) or not is undetermined for now. I'm not going back to the Katha, mostly because I don't do advanced civilizational hiveminds that well.

I aim to start after the new year, once the holidays are reduced to -10 HP for 2015. It may be a delayed start depending on if I can get a bank card in that time or not. Who wants what? If anything? My impression was that the Games forum has become a bit barren...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Comin' back to this forum...

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:47 am

I obviously throw my Hat in for Civ. And as to what type, I would actually enjoy a throwback to earlier days when the only available race was goblins, but still allowed personal characters. With an option to pick a starting area with various perks in said area. I can't remember if it was 2 or 3, but I remember it involved a chaotic desert.

It's not that the amount of games has dried up, but I think maybe some of the Core people from long ago aren't as active.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:20 am

The "battle arena" sounds pretty good, but I wouldn't really be able to participate in an IRC game.

Rumbleball sounds like a good idea for a simple kind of game, less deliberation needed.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:39 pm

So 1 for Civ, and 1 for both the Arena (it'd be posted here in the forum, not done over IRC, too many time differences though it usually worked as a "final fantasy" based combat) and Rumbleball... Anyone else?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:40 pm

I would love to play any quick-turn graphical game.
Got too little time lately do to more games which require huge amounts of reading.
:zzz:

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:16 pm

*peeks back in* Wow, the forums HAVE gone quiet. Either that or no one pays attention to the recruitment thread.

I think I'll do both. I've got no interest in setting up the Arena right now as I have other projects, but I will put up the Rumbleball Court and probably run another Civilization after the year clicks over. Based on responses in other forums I'm leaving the idea in, I may run one Spore-style civilization across multiple forums --- instead of NPC races, you've got other player creations to deal with... we'll see. My hopes aren't terribly high.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:26 pm

It is the holiday season right now so I assume that is why most people are so quiet

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:43 am

Yep game forums are quite quiet, but its been that way for a month of two. I've only stuck around because of the Island game really (as quite invested). With little time to run anything myself, I'm scaling back on playing in other games too compared too what I used to do.

As for the Civ game i really liked the spore mechanic (loved the original concept), I just think last time the hive mindedness threw some people, so i could be tempted to try that out again.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:35 pm

I'll give it one more week. I've just been told in the OOTS forums that they've never had a civilization game actually MAKE it to medieval times.

That... might change... but at the moment I don't think I'll be doing anything here except maybe links to 1s0s&2s once it gets started tomorrow (link's in my signature)

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Just tumbling in again... And yes, there was a chaotic desert. I never forgot Reaches-for-the-stars...^^