Winter Is Coming

Discuss the comic here!
Thunt
Draws Goblins

Winter Is Coming

Post by Thunt » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:34 pm

I've posted the upcoming page (due Friday Nov. 27th) on my Patron page, for my Patrons to read early. The reason that I'm mentioning this here, is because a few of my Patrons have mentioned that the upcoming page will very likely get me in some hot water by offending people. The Patrons themselves have said that they're not offended, but the internet likely will be. I agree with them. Here's my plan.

I will do nothing about it.

I won't address complaints, emails, tweets or any kind of attacks/mocking, regarding this specific page. I know that there is an important story line reason for this page to be the way it is, but the internet folks don't know that. So they'll be mad (probably). Whatever offense or anger this page may cause in some people, simply won't involve me. I won't take part, for my own mental well being. As we know, I'm... well I'm wound a little tight.

I respect people's opinions and I can understand if some people are offended. It's not my intention to offend anyone or cause controversy, I just want to tell the story that I enjoy telling. Anyone who decides not to read Goblins anymore because of this... I understand. But I won't be talking about it with anyone. Not this time. Not this page.

On the other hand, maybe no one will be offended and this post is all for nothing. :D

Thanks, folks!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Winter Is Coming

Post by Krulle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:30 am

It would be in line with your previous announcememt to step back from the 'nets for a while.
Please do so.

If it is story relevant, even more so.

Also: good to read that your OP went fine and you can sit pain free again.
I hope it'll stay this way.
Take care of yourself, and make sure your body get enough rest to recover of this operation.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Hands over can of "its my story and I will tell it the way I want to'

Goodonya Tarol. Love the boundary you have set there. Nice and firm and clear. :)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:57 am

Tofu wrote:Hands over can of "its my story and I will tell it the way I want to'

Goodonya Tarol. Love the boundary you have set there. Nice and firm and clear. :)
+1

THunt, you do you. This is your baby and it's been written for years just waiting for the time when you can tell it to the world. We'll hold down the fort here and you keep getting better, both in your art and your health. Say hi to Danielle for us.

<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>> to you both.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

thesilence
Speaks Quietly

Post by thesilence » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:02 am

We always respect a decision not to become involved. It is a wisdom we have been too slow to learn ourselves.
ÔÇ£I would give no thought of what the world might say of me, if I could only transmit to posterity the reputation of an honest man.ÔÇØ --Sam Houston

PhoenixBard
Mutters to Themself

Post by PhoenixBard » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:55 am

You are the artist, Thunt. You can do what you want. The internet is made up of people, X number of people in a group of say Y number in an audience may get offended by something. That's tough noogies for them. Before the internet, this was true. The internet doesn't change that. The only difference now and then was the form of communication and data transmission.

Do what you will, Thunt. Don't let the turkeys (aka ppl getting offended and ranting) get you down : ) You're good : )
Signature removed by admin: violated forum advertising rules.