Oct 30 2015: IT'S NOT WEIRD!

Discuss the comic here!
Sahrial
Mumbles Incoherently

Oct 30 2015: IT'S NOT WEIRD!

Post by Sahrial » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:05 pm

http://www.goblinscomic.org/comics/20151030.jpg

Reactions:

Minmax, don't EVER bring Kin to this dungeon.

Heh, hair. Goblin fetishists.

... d'aww... Ears... poor guy looked so scared. Can't blame him. No one wants to be surprise-outed. Names and Vorpal had the appropriate reactions (for the situation) in my opinion. Hopefully Minmax won't put too big a foot in his mouth next page.

Regdtosay
Remains Silent

Re: Oct 30 2015: IT'S NOT WEIRD!

Post by Regdtosay » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:09 pm

SO PROGRESSIVE.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Regdtosay wrote:SO PROGRESSIVE.
Uh, welcome to the forum. We've known Big Ears was gay for years. :paranoia:

Chasm
Newcomer Adventuring Party - Teller

Post by Chasm » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:24 pm

So can we expect Complains to meet Idle (she's called Idle, right? I'm not sure, the white goblin in the canyon of kliks)? :D

Regdtosay
Remains Silent

Post by Regdtosay » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:33 pm

nikohl wrote:
We know, kiddo. Apparently 'clumsy' token scenes used to embarrass the author but not anymore. Good for him!

Talos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Talos » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Am I the only one who is creeped out by the fact that Ear's image looks like a human with a goblin's head grafted on?

Never Finishes Anyth
Mutters to Themself

Post by Never Finishes Anyth » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:10 pm

My first thought was that a magical device that reveals vivid images of what I physically lust after would be a truly terrifying thing, but then I realized that my browser does that pretty much all the time and it's not so bad.

Talos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Talos » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Never Finishes Anyth wrote:My first thought was that a magical device that reveals vivid images of what I physically lust after would be a truly terrifying thing, but then I realized that my browser does that pretty much all the time and it's not so bad.
This is in public, and it may reveal things that one did not expect it to, maybe.

WhichWayDidHeGo
Mutters to Themself

Post by WhichWayDidHeGo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:51 pm

There's weird and then there's weirder. About thirty years ago my role-playing group had a guy with a fetish for women with profuse body hair. I kid you not, chimpanzee hairy. That he felt that way wouldn't have bothered us, but he was convinced that if we would just look at his collection of 8mm films, we would come to a similar appreciation of this feature ("it's not a 'bug', it's a feature"). We had to stop having meetings at his house.

I am still a little bit awed by the thought that that particular kink is common enough that it was worth someone's while to produce a substantial collection of films....

:shock:
"O Heracles! The valor of man is vanquished!"
- Archidamus son of Agesilaus, King of Sparta, when @ 350 B.C. he first saw a catapult shot

Strawberrycocoa
Mutters to Themself

Post by Strawberrycocoa » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Wait so not only is MinMax in love with Kin, but he now has a Thing for serpent-folk in general?

So is MinMax's lust just a general Serpentfolk, or is his lust a Sexy Naughty Kinky Kin? ;)

23AHEH
Remains Silent

Post by 23AHEH » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 pm

So Saves a Fox is Complain's type, huh.

chaoticidealism
Remains Silent

Post by chaoticidealism » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:43 pm

If Big Ears is the conscience of the group, then Fumbles is the heart... or the empathy... or whatever character trait it is that makes you care about everybody, ever, including people you've never met, and understand what they're feeling as intuitively as he does.

I don't think it matters one way or the other, honestly; Big Ears isn't a chief and he doesn't have to worry about producing an heir. Doubt anybody's going to give him much grief about liking guys, anyway; once you've risked your life for somebody and had them risk their life for you, who they're attracted to is kind of irrelevant. (Unless it happens to be you they're attracted to, in which case you get a Kin/Minmax situation, which can get very awkward. But I don't think Thunt would do that twice.)

Strawberrycocoa
Mutters to Themself

Post by Strawberrycocoa » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:29 am

chaoticidealism wrote:If Big Ears is the conscience of the group, then Fumbles is the heart... or the empathy... or whatever character trait it is that makes you care about everybody, ever, including people you've never met, and understand what they're feeling as intuitively as he does.

I don't think it matters one way or the other, honestly; Big Ears isn't a chief and he doesn't have to worry about producing an heir. Doubt anybody's going to give him much grief about liking guys, anyway; once you've risked your life for somebody and had them risk their life for you, who they're attracted to is kind of irrelevant. (Unless it happens to be you they're attracted to, in which case you get a Kin/Minmax situation, which can get very awkward. But I don't think Thunt would do that twice.)
I figure if Big Ears had a thing for anyone in the party, it would've shown up on the Love pillar, no?

mertol
Whispers Softly

Post by mertol » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:25 am

bigears would never see the end of the gay jokes from minmax

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:41 am

Sahrial wrote:Minmax, don't EVER bring Kin to this dungeon.
Now I'm imagining a ball of Minmaxes...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:24 am

@ Krulle: I'm not sure with how Serpent folk don't even have love/true-seeing very commonly, that they would have a concept of physical lust. I mean yeah, they do reproduce. But maybe not because it "feels good" but because it keeps the species alive.
On the other hand, we had a MinMax and a Kin from a different reality (in the MoM) do 'it' so much that it annoyed their Forgath to no end.
So... no clue, if something would show up for Kin, and if so, what... :shrug:

Anyways. I wanted to point out that in panel 1 and panel 9, the "monster" scars from Fumbles head are missing (possible in the last panel, too, but there the speech bubble is in the way). Not to be a nit picking pain in the neck, but to give THunt a heads up, in case he wants to correct it. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:13 am

Regdtosay wrote:
nikohl wrote:
We know, kiddo. Apparently 'clumsy' token scenes used to embarrass the author but not anymore. Good for him!

Eh, maybe a decade ago. Nowadays gayness is fairly mainstream, How I Met Your Mother showing a gay marriage for example.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:58 am

nikohl wrote:

Am I The only one who had never noticed it ? =p
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:42 am

Never really payed attention to it or thought about it. I find speculating on a character's sexuality to be a bit distracting from the main story, so I tend to ignore it unless it becomes immediately relevant. But that's just me. Each to their own.

chaoticidealism
Remains Silent

Post by chaoticidealism » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:23 am

askstoomuch wrote:
nikohl wrote:
Am I The only one who had never noticed it ? =p
Me either. Big Ears has never had any romantic plotline, so I never much thought about who he'd be attracted to. If someone tried to get me to decide one way or the other, I'd probably just have said, "I've got no clue, but whoever he fell in love with, he'd treat them right."

So how did the rest of you guys know? Did Thunt tell us at some point?

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:37 am

chaoticidealism wrote:Me either. Big Ears has never had any romantic plotline, so I never much thought about who he'd be attracted to. If someone tried to get me to decide one way or the other, I'd probably just have said, "I've got no clue, but whoever he fell in love with, he'd treat them right."

So how did the rest of you guys know? Did Thunt tell us at some point?
One of his streams, yeah, and I think it's in the commentary for one of the book PDFs. In-story, this is the first time we're supposed to see it.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:01 am

beforehand Thunt once said/tweeted that one of the characters is gay, and if we could guess who.
He later confirmed the majority vote....

Edit:
Did a bit of forum delving:
the original post by Thunt
the forum discussion thread: Goblins Gaydar
the post with the solution: here

reason for edit:
- corrected link to specific post
- added original post
Last edited by Krulle on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:01 am

:chuckle: That explains why I didn't know about it, since it was before I joined the forums.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:30 am

Newb!
Youngling!

;)

Also: huh, when did I pass the 5k post count?

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:58 am

Minmax's lust looks a little... Vicious. For such a tender guy, in love at least, I wouldn't have expected it.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.