Goblins Minesweepers - On Stranger Lands (Turn 18-Finished)

For all games that are now over.
Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - On Stranger Lands (Turn 18-Finish

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:04 am

Never, the coins immediately go to an off-shore savings account. Unfortunately, the interest paid into that account is dirt poor, and doesn't really amount to anything in the long run.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:16 am

Can someone tell me rules about equipment?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:53 am

Equipment is kept in your stash. Each time you spawn, you must specify what equipment, if any, you are choosing to take with you. The rest is left behind, safe but inaccessible for as long as you're on the board.

You must determine (through trial and error and educated guesses) what your equipment can or cannot do. Every piece of equipment in the store has some potential use. Some more than others. Equipment can be used for other purposes. We never did find out what the frypan is supposed to do, but throwing it onto an adjacent square has a chance of setting off a mine (if there is one there). This will destroy the pan but make the square safe to stand on.

If you step on a mine, any equipment you are carrying is dropped. There is a chance it will be destroyed (or at least damaged) in the explosion. If it is not destroyed, it is left on the board for anyone to pick up. (If you voluntarily circle out or are Rescued, you keep your equipment intact, to be returned to your stash.)

Some equipment must be worn or wielded to be of use. You can have a sword on you, but you have to have it in your hand to use it. I believe this can be done as a free action at the start of your turn, but I don't remember for sure.

Weapons are generally for use against monsters. Attacking another player requires an Evil power which allows you to do so. It is considered an Evil act, and can be Punished by someone in range with that Heroic ability equipped.

I think that covers things.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 am

Thanks.

Then Tries will buy a whip (this seems to be popular), a frying pan and a 10 ft pole.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:46 am

Yeah, Wears has covered it, more or less. Some additional info:

- Some equipment is bound to be destroyed upon contact with a mine to trigger its effect. Don't worry about losing them, you can always buy more from the coins you earn. I had to find a way to make you spend your coins continously, else there is no incentive to get them and hence no real incentive to place flags and you all would aim for XP*.

- I simplified the equipment usage with the following:
  • If you spawn with something, you will spawn with it the next time too, unless you say otherwise. I know the original method was that you have to specify stuff each time you spawn (which is safer because you don't accidentally lose an item), but it is an uncomfortable way to play, so let's try it the other way around.
  • I limit what you can spawn with to what you can actually hold in your hands/wear on yourself (so for example you can't spawn with 5 swords and 2 shields, even if you have all of them). This is to get rid of the burden of switching equipment and the ruling problems stemming from this. It also makes tracking easier.
  • Equipment that has passive effects will have those all the time, regardless whether you are aware of that or not. If it's not an obvious effect (like a shield reducing damage), you have to explicitly try to trigger it, though! (For example: "I try to spawn with a shield and sword and a whip, because my Pendant of Lending Hand might actually allow me that.")
I will post the next rounds' options in the Recruitment subforum.
*Note on game objectives:
I believe setting parallel objectives increases the fun factor of the game: You can decide to get XP to level your character and gain abilities to help you out. You can also aim for hoarding coins to buy equipment for similar goals. You can try to do certain "things" in game to mark your name in the achievements list. You may try to complete map-related quests/subquests for additional rewards, and so on...
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:17 am

I want to get spurs added to the inventory as well as a western cowboy hat. That will go nicely with my whip, leather jacket and frying pan I think :P
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 am

Well, the trousers and boots are right out :D I think I'll buy a shield, a frying pan and a y-shaped stick please.

What, no bow and arrow? I want to be a legless Legolas! :D

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:10 am

Zigit wrote:Well, the trousers and boots are right out :D I think I'll buy a shield, a frying pan and a y-shaped stick please.

Oh wait, I had bow and arrow, this is the v1.5 of the inventory (v2.0 got lost in server crash). I'll add it soon-ish.

EDIT: Recruitment for next round is up, check here!
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:16 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:
Zigit wrote:
Oh wait, I had bow and arrow, this is the v1.5 of the inventory (v2.0 got lost in server crash). I'll add it soon-ish.
Cool! Please disregard my former purchases then, until I see how much it is. (I'm so indecisive :P ) Thanks!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:01 am

Shiny buys a Y shaped stick, a sword and comfortable trousers.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:06 am

Now are there uncomfortable trousers? An how much do they cost? Is there a minesweeper thrift shop? :P
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:33 am

OK, give me a bow and 5 arrows, frying pan and y-shaped stick please. Thanks!

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Burt will buy a fedora, a flute, and a bag of marbles.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:20 am

Stumbles buys a pair of boots (4c), please, and a bundle of 3 basic flags (3c). Oh, and a frying pan (3c). That makes 10c, leaving him 6c.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:47 am

Perhaps this thread should be moved to completed games?
Games:
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:37 am

Why? We will play round 1 here.

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:00 pm

ohhhhhh I get it!