MineCraft is Coming....again...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: MineCraft is Coming....again...

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:40 pm

Here are the connection details, though as we are using a whitelisted server, you'll need to give me your MC name so I can add you.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:50 pm

I'm possibly interested, but don't know if my little laptop will be able to handle it, I have 4 gigs of RAM, running Windows 7. I've just started MC a couple months ago, and have never run mods.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:48 am

I fear i might not br able zo join due to my aged pc and laptop. Dint want to put games on my drawing tablet.
:zzz:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:58 am

so... username...

LAYF :)
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:01 pm

i will keep trying

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:50 pm

So.. I've joined, and I've made my house at the spawncity....

also left a small "fort" at my original spawn.. a few resources are still there.... free for the taking...
-Best regards LAYF

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Well, it takes about 20 minutes to load for me but I can get it to run... but the server says incompatible FML mods? I pm'd you with my login, did you activate me?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:54 pm

I had same issue. Turns out I ran the newest version instead of 1.8.2

In the lunsher, be sure to choose 1.8.2 in the drop down menu before hitting lunch...

:)
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:44 am

Look at You taking charge. :P

You have been whitelisted, but the 1.8.2 is correct as the server launcher hasn't been updated yet
Whenever my brother gets around to removing some mods (as currently we are running all of them) I will post that list here so that you can disable them client side.. This will make it faster to load.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Hehe.. sorry ;)

That said...

2 things...
1:
► Show Spoiler
Second...

At cords: x-125 z25 y55
I've left a small "fort" with a "underground passage" that leads all the way to the main "city" so anyone spawning around 0 , 0 ,0 Have a chance to get ti central station or whaterver...

Also, at the same coordinates (or close by) there are four chests... filled with stuff... mostly from Thinkers construct.... but a lot of stuff... also some furriness and work benches... feel free to use/take....
-Best regards LAYF

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:19 pm

As my computer annoys me with a systemcheck almost every time before windows starts, I think it might be time to get a new one. Still might be able to reinstall it as a secondary pc for minor office work and stuff for my wife, but it became to old for me.

Anybody got some recommendation and/or knowledge about setting up a decent pc for less than 1000 Euro? Looking rather for something around 800. No monitor, keyboard or mouse needed, pc only.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:09 pm

800 euro? Trust me, that should get you more than a decent computer. "Elite" gaming computers go for about 1000 dollars. Although sadly I found it doesn't translate well into euros, it being much higher here due to shipping etc... Still, even then, you'll find a very good computer at that price range. Depending on what you want exactly, you likely don't even need to go that high. (Although you could consider it an investment, since a high-end pc would technically last longer if taken properly care off...)

Although like I said, it depends mostly on what you want- Would you want a pc able to do games, or just the occasional games. If it's the former, one of the things you'll want to look out for is that what you buy has a decent graphics card. If not, it's not the most important thing as Minecraft in particular is one of those games which relies far more on your RAM and CPU than your graphics card. If you'd want to play more intensive games though, look out for a Radeon or AMD graphic cards. (Radeon generally being considered the best, douchy business practices aside. Putting more specifics on which of those cards are better over others is harder though- You'd probably want to google that.)

That aside, you'll want to look for at least 8GB of regular ram and a decent CPU. Kinda hard to estimate what a good CPU might be, but a general guideline is that higher ghZ is better. Also I'm pretty sure no one actually sells 32 bit OS anymore making this kinda irrelevant, but do make sure you get 64 bit OS.

Those are my minimum recommendations, and I'm pretty sure you should find something akin to that for far below 800. Anything above it can be considered an upgrade. You might look into getting an SSD for example for storage, which is much faster than HDD, but also far more expensive.

As for where to best buy it... I'm a bit more hesitant to give advice on that, mostly since I don't know the country you're from and while I would recommend ordering online shipping fees can usually be killer so you'd want something not too remote. Going to a big electronic chain is usually the easy and fast solution- Though from experience, you'll usually pay more for less doing that.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:06 am

LAYF wrote:Found my first ever natural portal... damn... Yay me!!!!
Um...what? That's just a block of water surrounded by obsidian.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:48 am

I think he was making a funny.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:13 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I think he was making a funny.
Indeed...

But to be fair, I was making said funny at my own cost...
basically I came into the room, saw the "portal" build my way to it with a cobblestone bridge, jumped in... and... well.... felt stupid....

So i thought it was funny and wanted to see other peoples reaction....
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:11 am

To those of you who want to join, if you attempt to login and the people currently on (M0rt, LAYF, Brother etc) are there to vouch for you, you're name will be whitelisted at that time, as opposed to needing to tell me what it is. Cheers.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:23 am

How exactly? Do we have access to the whitelist commands? I mean we could relay the name, but I don't think we can do it ourselves..?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:25 am

well, my brother would have to be online...

I mention this because that's how LAYF was granted access.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:57 am

I am already on the whitelist, right?

best
Nerre

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:00 pm

I believe so, yes I will check with my brother.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:35 am

So, I was finally able to get on, but now my computer is having overheating issues again, so I don't dare run FTB anymore. There is a small base in a mountain in the plains near the starting town, feel free to raid the meager supplies there. Have fun!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:14 pm

New PC is coming soon...maybe, only maybe...it will be enough for your massive addon server. ^^

Do you have a creative area somewhere? I played so much survival, I just do not really like building without flying anymore, especially if I cannot use all blocks and have to farm them. :(

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:29 pm

No creative I'm afraid. I could probably hook you up with basics to get yourself set up though. Or maybe you can become one of my first minions citizens for your malevolent dictator friendly neighborhood emperor and I could hook you up with lots of stuff if you build something for me mayhaps..?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:31 am

M0rt puts the Dik in Diktator. :D

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:06 am

Hey now my deals certainly aren't dickish! I mean I gave LAYF a virtually unlimited amount of paper and all he had to pay was a 10th of his soul!